Posture

Is there a way to fix this shit, preferably without going to a doctor/chiropractor? I want to get into lifting but I heard that it will just fuck me up even more unless I do something about my posture first.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GXk1GgvhyF8
youtu.be/JQeOhQoi3GY
youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs
youtu.be/44ScXWFaVBs
desuarchive.org/fit/thread/44375297/#44375297
youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8
t-nation.com/training/neanderthal-no-more-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watch his videos.
Just thinking about correcting your posture will help you a lot after a few months

Put ur phone down can help

what you heard is wrong, lifting will actually help your posture not make it worse. stronger back will pull your shoulders back, stick your chest out, and hold your head high. you still have to be conscious about your posture to fix it but lifting will definitely make it feel more natural. hope this helps bro

Sleeping on the floor will help your posture. If you don't want to do that, then sleep with no pillow. The vids are kinda gay, but the exercise will help your posture

youtu.be/GXk1GgvhyF8

youtu.be/JQeOhQoi3GY

youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs

Do these few times a week for a month or two and your posture will be fixed

youtu.be/44ScXWFaVBs

Also do this. If you lift then do these before or after your workout

Do back bridges

this is 1000% true

OP, do just 10 yards of a Farmer's Walk and you'll see what correct posture feels like

I've heard that face pull ins helped a guy here with bad posture a lot

Found him
>desuarchive.org/fit/thread/44375297/#44375297

Focus on training your back and lay off the chest/abs/traps

Rows are good for this. Also do the pec fly machine in reverse (rear delts)

But whenever I sleep without a pillow I end up in my side with my neck pointed downwards, and way to fix?

stretch, strengthen and be self aware of your position

No you MUST strengthen the core dramatically, so that when you lift your chest (to the point of a full inhale) and keep it there for regular breathing in order to actually fix your posture, your rib cage doesn’t flare out and you can actually passively exercise your middle and upper back muscles constantly.

Same goes with fixing APT. The glutes and hamstrings MUST be strengthened and aligned

youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs

Anyone tried this?

Don't deadlifts fix this shit?

face pulls
neck curls
dumbbell rows

do this 3 times a week and always try to push shoulders back and down

www.exrx net/Kinesiology/Posture.html / Forward Head Posture

For a few days, yeah, and I feel like it helped. There's no reason not to try it, it only takes seconds and you can sort of feel immediate results. I still think lifting is better for you.

Does It?

Yes.

The best way to fix posture is doing deadlifts and abs isolations.
Not a few for 2 weeks. Do it for legit 2 years with good form and your posture will be silk smooth

no its doing military bench press

Front squat
Overhead press
Pull ups
Face pulls
External rotation both adducted and abducted

Fuck outta 're!

i had that posture after 8 years of WoW, then replaced gaming with lifting and long walks. Walking long walks in the woods with tucked in chin and pushed up chest and deadlifts with tucked in chin did wonders.. it will be tough especially the first month but just endure

It helps.

>tfw sleep with paper thin pillow
>if all I have is a pillow with even medium-thin thickness I'd rather sleep without it

So I've been helping my posture by sleeping this way? Neat.

So sleeping on your back with no pillow is actually better?
Doesn't it put unnecessary stress on the neck?

If you start lifting and you look like that you're going to end up looking like a monkey. Work your core until you've straightened yourself out.

I have a classmate that is a skinny twig and his posture is like pic related. He started going to the gym a few weeks ago and i recommended him these exercises:
>face pulls
>db rows
>farmer's walks
>cable rows
>chin ups
I don't trust him with deadlifts and barbell rows and he lives really far away from me so i can't show him the proper form
What else should i recommend him to fix his posture? Should i tell him to lay off the bench for a while? I convinced him to stop doing front raises, so that's a plus
At the moment he does a shitty brosplit, but with time i'll put him on a full body program if he listens to me

>front squats
>face pulls

Also almost any compound exercise done with good form will help

No but I lie on a foam roller and wave my arms in different directions and it absolutely works

well of course, but this+lifting will have even more benefits. whatever helps you become a greater person, right?

The Messiah himself.

I fixed my posture back in my mid teens when I saw my reflection out on the street and couldn't deal with looking so fucking retarded.

Big compound exercises normally help with posture, squats is good

Pls respond

sips seems to help

OP wants to fix his posture, not become a god. Shit advice 2/10

>Watch his videos.
I might if I knew who the fuck he was.

yes it does

use a pillow

Use a pillow but make sure that only your head is on it and not any of your neck so that none of your spine is elevated. Pic related.

get a tube like pillow to put under your neck or even easier roll up a towel and put it under your neck
this way is better because you can adjust how much padding you have under your neck

if you're sleeping on the floor you should sleep on your back and put a pillow under your knees as well. godspeed

Or just discard the pillow all together

Athlean X has a lot of videos on posture stuff and it one of the things Jeff is 100% correct about. There was a video he has along the lines of "Do this after every workout" where he shows 2 movements with the rope dicks that do help with this a bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8

Mike mew, fellow newfag

No not really considering how much you sink in a bed overnight

If you do it, do it right.
This is long but it's worth it
t-nation.com/training/neanderthal-no-more-1

maybe post his channel fucktard?

Have a question. I've noticed that my left waist is more carved in than my right waist. Is there a name for this or does someone have a source that covers this topic?

I don't think it's scoliosis because I don't have a curvature in my spine and because its also visible if I stand completely straight.