/sleep/ general

When did you realize how important good and enough sleep is for fitness?

- Faster recovery
- Less prone to injuries
- Better performance in the gym

Share your findings on how to fall asleep, how to stay asleep and get good quality sleep, and how many hours of sleep you need

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Why-We-Sleep-Unlocking-Dreams/dp/1501144316
ameerrosic.com/how-to-biohack-your-sleep-25-proven-scientific-methods/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am working a really troublesome 2 shifts job, and nearly everyone who works there has like 4 to 6 hours of sleep. I tried to excel there and succeeded heavily, last week I got to 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day

>tinted my windows black so that the sun cannot wake me up no matter what shift
>eat several hours before sleep
>have a book ready by my beside and read it under candle light
>infrared lamp that I used on my shoulder injury, but which also triggers melatonin just before bed
>2 times a week hard running, about 40 minutes (sleep is bestests after this)

and to kick it all off

>phenibut (because I dont have a gf to sleep besides me)
on the week that I have to wake up at 4:30 am. This approach seems extremely solid. Took me 5 months to perfect it somewhat.

amazon.com/Why-We-Sleep-Unlocking-Dreams/dp/1501144316

Honestly, read it and make sure you take notes of best practices for sleep. It's all laid out pretty well, the chapter on caffeine made me stop drinking coffee. Not had a cup in 8 months or so.

Ok bros I have been having some troubles lately, I have been doing nopillow for a while now but ever since I’ve started cold showering before bed it takes me an hour to go to sleep with horrible broken up dreams and random waking up in the night. It’s almost like trying to go to sleep after chugging a 500ml /sip/. Any advice bros?

I looked at that book on amazon and it says to do a warm bath or something before bed, but sleep in a cool room.

I think cold showers are a great thing, but my tip would be try to do the cold shower farther away from bedtime. Just like you shouldn't drink a lot right before going to bed

I get around 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night on work nights and 7 hours of sleep on weekends

Yeah I've talked with my coworkers about how many hours of sleep they average and I was shocked to find out most of them get 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night and they've been doing that for years, I need at least 5 or I can hardly function

most of them go to bed around 11pm and are up at 2 30 am to get to work for 3 30 am

I drink around 500ml of vodka to help me go to sleep every night, I can't sleep unless I have a good alcohol buzz going

I have been taking sample sizes of nearly all of them (talking to them), on the various days of work. And nearly all of them fall into the 4 to 6 ranges. There are also many still who fall near the 3 hour range.

The dropout rate after a year (also according to the recruiter) was 90%. Many of the seniors seem to have an above average focus on sleep (they too try to get to 7 till 8 hours of sleep, but fail on the start of the morning shift week most likely). Most of those who cannot sleep seem to be singleish, living the degenerate lifestyle. Also suffer from stress.

I also observe the newcomers and mentally record the blackening of the area below their eyes to get a reading on their sleep (semi accurate). Pretty much all of them get an increase of this blackening. There is also an option to work 4 days here and a vast majority of them choose so. Yet they still fail...

So I can surmise that with my methods I managed to generally surpass the seniors, the ones who have wives and families, the ones who have lower and maybe even higher stress. The ones who get payed more...I also remember loosely some research released 2 months ago that said that in our society, the lack of sleep was pretty widespread and quite problematic...so my very rough and undocumented mental recording of the data around me was pretty close to that research.

This giant focus on sleep does have its drawbacks though, in the form of phenibut, and in the form of igniting my SI injury that I got from running. On both accounts I need to be extremely careful. And for phenibut I head that there are ways to ease the withdrawal symptoms somehow. But yea, I kinda made it.

That doesn't sound particularly healthy, but maybe it's harmless...

and to add to my post: For those saying that they can function well with 4 to 6 hours of sleep. YOU CANNOT. 7 hours is the minimum. Pretty much everyone here has a worse error rate than me, slower reaction speed, on some days many people just zombifi even. They habits are not sustainable. And as such I also see very poor attempts in the morning at addressing these issues in the form of energy drinks...stacks of them...people also tend to forget that anything below 7 hours of sleep will most likely contribute to the pre buildup to Alzheimer.

The vast majority of the coworkers are also habitual smokers.

Astrixx moon light

>infrared lamp for healing

Can you give us a rundown of your setup?
Are you concerned about eye damage?

Its just a 27 euro worth infrared lamp bought from the media markt in euro land. Table model. I just sit on a char while this thing sits on a table and I face at it with my shoulder...which is the correct way. I bought a second one after I destroyed the first one, and got a really weird infrared, glass burn that didnt heal for a week...after I tried to use it on a couch...so dont do that. Thats about it. Point it at the wound or inflammated area and if its deep, the infrared thing helps...exposure to skin is all that its needed to release melatonin I believe. You dont need to look into it I think.

ameerrosic.com/how-to-biohack-your-sleep-25-proven-scientific-methods/

its in this section here somewhere that details it. I am not sure by how much, or if its healthy in the really long term. but I think that it basically brute forces your circadian rhythm into "fuck you, sleep noa" mode

What's the low down on caffeine?

>3 to 4 hours of sleep
>waking up at 2:30 to get to work at 3:30
What kind of "life" is this ? Jesus
I need at least 6 hours not to crash during the middle of the afternoon and can't even function with 4 hours.

please clarify, you got a weird plastic burn randomly? Was the lamp too close to your skin? Or did you burn you couch?

I have an infrared hair drier and i was thinking of using it but it emits this red light that is very visible, i thought infrared was not visible so i i am kinda spooked.

I have no idea man, it wasnt like a normal burn. It took 3 days for it to fully get a crust layer even. All my other wounds heal normally. But this one didnt, it even left a scar of sorts. I had this lamp on the high part of the couch, leaned a bit too far into the cord and it fucking fell on my shoulder, scorched the shit out of it (healed it for 2 weeks though!), but yea. Dont do that...probably.

>healed it for two weeks though

with that I meant the inside of my injury, obviously not my shoulder skin though. sage for added post

thanks for the info, i had not idea about infrared healing :)

such is the life of a wageslave

i get 4-5 hours of sleep on weekdays and get 12-14 on the weekends
fuck

Yea, the infrared healing is kinda like the foam roller. It increases blood circulation. Which in turn speeds up the healing. In places where the foam roller cannot reach, or if you just dont want to roll around on the floor. The infrared lamp is superior. The shoulder injury that many of us have obtained ESPECIALLY is extremely well suited for this approach, as even fisio has trouble with it. And of course you also get an added sleep bonus.

say it with me

ALZHEIMER PRE BUILDUP

YOU CANT AVOID IT

YOU CANT REASON WITH IT

EVERYONE SIMPLY NEEDS SOMETHING LIKE 7 HOURS OF SLEEP A DAY TO NOT GET IT...AND A HOST OF OTHER BAD SYMPTOMS

YOUR WEEKEND IS NOT ENOUGH TO CATCH UP WITH IT

THE DAMAGE IS DONE WHEN YOU DONT GET ENOUGH SLEEP

Once you're in bed, don't think about tomorrow or your past, just imagine things you'd like to dream about.