Holy shit how come I've been here for 4 months and haven't heard about this before

Holy shit how come I've been here for 4 months and haven't heard about this before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you not read any of the threads?

Lurk more? SL is mentioned often, as is 5x5.

I have, but when you guys talked about the big 4 I didn't know there was an actual app to keep track of this shit.

I've been doing this shit:

Lat Pull 100lbs 3x10
Chest Press 45lbs 2x15
Seated Leg Curl 85lbs 2x15
Diverging Seated Row 50lbs 3x10
Converging Shoulder Press 40lbs 2x10

I've been struggling with the second and last exercises, basically I haven't done any compound exercises. Will Stronglifts 5x5 help me escape DYEL City?

Okay, 5x5 sometimes goes by the name "StrongLifts", they've got their own website, stuff on youtube, etc. The only deviation is deadlift, which they recommend 1x5 because it's such a taxing exercise.

Thanks user, I'll check this out. I'm reading their workout page right now and installed the app. So I just go to the gym and ask the instructor to teach me how to to these without fucking up?

3x5 is way more fun.

>So I just go to the gym and ask the instructor to teach me how to to these without fucking up?
I recommend it, yes. They also have videos on youtube describing form.

By not having read the sticky, obviously. But there's no way you've haven't noticed the constant >read the sticky posting

I'll do that then.

I read the sticky user but my program was given by a gym instructor so I did what he told me.

If you had indeed read the sticky you would have noticed that SL 5x5 is mentioned in one of the most important segments of the entire text

Okay but when it says Stronglifts I didn't know it literally exists as an app and an entire website/YouTube page.

Because you’re new

>So I just go to the gym and ask the instructor to teach me how to to these without fucking up?
After asking your instructor I would advice to check them by yourself on youtube. You never know if your instructor is a retard. Check the Starting Strength youtube channel is a good starting point for the Squat, Bench and Deadlift.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE

there are other videos liek it for OHP, bench, squat, etc

>did not read the sticky

Thank you very much!

Mehdi recommends 1×5 because he's a moron who doesn't know anything about programming.

What do you do for deadlift?

not him, but I started to do 5/3/1 to get more volume per workout. others do 3x5 I guess which is fine aswell. 1x5 really is very little volume, especially for such a great exercise like the deadlift. Also it gets less taxing the more you do it.

Also not him but I did SL 5x5 and found 1x5 deadlift to be insufficient. I squat more than I deadlift as a result.

Doing Wendler's 5/3/1 Boring but Big variant now. I deadlift twice per week, the 5/3/1 set on Tuesdays and 5x10 deadlifts on Fridays which aren't "too taxing" imo after the first week.

Thanks guys, I think I'll experiment first with 5-3-1 and see how I feel.

Are you OP? If you're just starting to train the big 4 lifts, Wendler's is probably not the way to go. It's a good second or third program. Even with the lack of deadlifts in SL 5x5, you'll progress much much faster on SL or a similar beginner program.

No, he's not OP. I'm OP. I've been doing this but will ask my gym instructor to show me how to do the Stronglifts 5x5 (vanilla).

No, I'm not the OP, but I am getting back into lifting after a few years of not lifting.