QTDDTOT

> ctrl + "F" and type in "QTDDTOT"
>nothing

Here we go.

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2013/08/01/dont-be-a-dummy-how-to-get-a-full-workout-with-only-dumbells/
pace-calculator.com/10k-pace-comparison.php
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone make ice cream with protein powder?

I did and it's p good. I usually just took cheap vanilla and added my flavour of choice.

My lifts are
>110 The Press^™
>155 Bench Press
>245 Squat
>285 Deadlift

Should I run a second round of a routine like SL 5x5? If I do should I start out empty bar?

Or should I do a routine like 5/3/1 or the Texas Method???

well, another thread

is this a goos routine?
artofmanliness.com/2013/08/01/dont-be-a-dummy-how-to-get-a-full-workout-with-only-dumbells/

Would a good weight belt help with keeping a tight lower back during squats and deads? Never used one before and not going to drop $$$ into one if it won't help.

Recovering skelly here. I've been doing SS for 6 months. My lifts are 0.5/1/1.75/2.25 @ 150lbs (up from 125ish). I can put an extra 5lbs on each lift every week or two. If I switch to a program with more volume will I progress faster?

It will help but it should only be used when you're lifting near your max, otherwise you won't really develop your core as much during those lifts.

See here is the thing, my form is all sorts of fucked on squat. Had a minor hamstring injury that took me out of legs for like a couple weeks, tried to come back too soon and I think my form over compensated and now even doing just the bar, I feel lower back pain on left side that gets worse at higher weights. No pain on leg press or lunges and I haven't really attempted deads. Know I need to try and fix overall problem, but was hoping belt could maybe help as if I try and ease weight back up. Haven't squatted in over a month.

I posted before but on a lean bulk how many calories should i be hitting? I am 6 foot, 178lbs. Most of the calculators put my TDEE at about 3000 calories. I work out 4 times per week. So i should aim for about 3500?

pls help

what happens if i am a skinny dyel that started training just like 2 months ago and i start roiding for just few months and then stop? am i gonna lose my gainz? or do i keep some of it?

i am too much of a poorfag to buy roids but i am still kinda curious

Where can I find information on routines? Specifically for muscle growth?

I want to know exactly what to do at the gym. If not doing full body what would my split look like? How many sets should I do per lift? How many lifts should I do per muscle group? How many reps should I do per set? Which lifts should I be doing?

If you can answer these questions here that would be great however I'm looking for something solid and complete I can use as a source.

if you've stalled out progress from your beginning linear progression, switch to an intermediate program
nobody should ever start with the bar. that's stupid. find a weight that slows you down for a set of five, that feels moderately difficult, and use that for your starting weight. that's straight from starting strength.
nobody should ever do wendler's ripoff program. it sucks. get a program like bridge 2.0 or one of greg nuckol's intermediate programs or better yet, buy or pirate a copy of practical programming and do one of the intermediate programs from there. the book has about a dozen different variants of texas method, many of them bench 2x/week and many of them are 4x/week splits.
or, if you're more interested in looks, do a bodybuilding upper/lower split like lyle mcdonald's generic bulking program
if you'd like to start learning the olympic lifts, now is a good time. go to the sticky on /owg/ thread and look around there at starter programs.

dumbbells alone are inferior to barbells alone for just about any purpose. barbells alone can work. but barbells plus dbs plus a few machines in select exercises make for a great thing.
if you HAVE TO only use dumbbells, get the book from "dr squat," fred hatfield, on complete dumbbell training.

some people swear by them. some people never ever use them. if you do get one, use it only for your top sets and heavy work, do your warmups and lighter sets without it so you keep the ability to brace without it.

if you're only adding weight every week or two, you should be on an intermediate program, and not on a beginner program. see my comments above in this response.

bulk at less than 1lb a week. so +500 is the upper range. weigh daily and use a moving average of the weight, compared to a week ago today's moving average of the weight, to compare progress and adjust the diet.

/fraud/ is for mentally weak, insecure babies

if all you want is a routine, and you want the best beginner barbell routine you can have, starting strength is where to go. the companion book to it is practical programming for strength training and you want the 3rd edition. programs like stronglifts and greyskull are inferior ripoffs of starting strength.

if you want a beginner routine that uses machines, search for lyle mcdonald's basic machine workout. after you get broken into training and if you like training for looks, lyle has a generic bulking program that is very good. his site is bodyrecomposition.com and his forum is at forums.lylemcdonald.com and there is a ton of good reading there it sounds like you need to go full autiste and browse it

another good site for reading is aworkoutroutine.com he has some fairly no-nonsense stuff there

>/fraud/ is for mentally weak, insecure babies

perfect for me then, can you answer the question tho

5'7
136lbs
14.5%bf
cutting since november. Should I keep cutting or is it time to start bulking? Going for ottermode / aesthetic. Reluctant to start bulking because I want abs but I guess I also have to keep training those muscles?

What are some good guides for working on posture for basic shit like sitting, walking, running and standing?

lol ok
you keep some of them yes
that's why athletes /fraud/
owlers /fraud/ in their home countries and then cycle off for tests in competitions, sometimes their home country's authorities pretest them to make sure they'd pass when they get tested at the event

Ok, so I might ask one of the dumbest questions yet:

I'm not sure I get phraks gslp weight increase progression.
"Add 2.5 pounds to all upper-body lifts between workouts."
Now, "workout" is one day in the image file, but the exercises vary. So is it per exercise, between the workouts you do those? Or literally increase all upper lifts by 2,5 per workout (i.e. 3x per week).
Example, bench and ohp are alternated. let's take 20 as an example value, it's just about the numbers.

M: bench 20, W: OHP 22,5 F: bench 25, M: OHP 27,5

or is it

M: bench 20, W: OHP 20 F: bench 22,5, M:OHP 22,5

it's even weirder with deadlifts, being 1x5+ sets, once a week, with just a 2,5lbs progression like that, unless they are supposed to progress alongside the squats, i.e.

M: squat 20, W: dead 25, F: squat 30, M: squat 35, W: dead 40, F: squat 45

or is it

M: squat 20, W: dead 20, F: squat 25, M: squat 30, W: dead 25, F: squat 35

you should be training even when cutting
the difference between cutting and bulking is really only diet, a good lifting program is a good program regardless and at your level of muscle mass any beginner program should work
you look soft and should cut some more

I see a lot of routines like this, however, I always walk away feeling like there wasn't enough volume.

I am training user, just unsure whether I should keep doing what I'm doing or change program. My moobs are smaller and my legs especially are more firm and rock-like, I'm looking to get rid of the love handles and the gut. So I guess I'll keep cutting. Thx

it's per workout of each exercise
each time you bench successfully with a certain weight, add weight the next time, and each time you press successfully with a certain weight, add weight the next time.
>M: bench 20, W: OHP 20 F: bench 22,5, M:OHP 22,5
is the correct pattern.

Anyone got some good kettle bell workout vids?

All the ones I've found are for women.

they are beginner programs. beginners need to learn the lifts and get acclimated to working out more than anything else.
once you stall out on progress with a beginner program, it's time to switch to an intermediate program, which will have move working volume.

lubriderm lotion. you can get it fragrance-free, it's inexpensive, and it works.

try dragondoor.com but i think most everybody selling kettlebell training is going after women

I have a small blood blister on my fingertip from pinching it against weight. This is a first for me so Idk how to really deal with it.

Should I pop it or leave it be for a few days? It hurts a little bit when I touch it and knowing that its there is more annoying than anything. I'm actually surprised it didn't burst when I was deadlifting

pic related, mine is a slightly larger though.

poke it with a needle and clean with alcohol

thread on it here

that's what I thought, thank you!

In a lunge what gets worked out the leg making the 90° angle or the leg bent behind.

What is the acceptable times for being a fit runner?
mile, 5k, (half)marathon

the forward leg gets most of the work but the back leg gets a little, too. also slightly different muscles stressed in each leg. do lunges in a 4-count for best results
1. left leg forward (or back; backward lunges are a thing) and down
2. return to standing
3. right leg forward (or back) and down
4. return to standing to finish one rep
unless of course you're a weightlifter and you're doing lunges to strengthen the leg that you don't go forward on in the jerk, in which case, just do that leg.
side lunges are also a thing.
the longer the lunge, the more total work your glutes will do. shorter lunges are more thighs.

this site looks useful
pace-calculator.com/10k-pace-comparison.php

Does anyone hold dumbbells overhead and walk? Just started doing this recently and it burns my shoulders like nothing else. Is it a meme or worth keeping up?

kind of a meme but olympic weightlifters do this kind of thing holding a plate (or plates) over their heads while doing walking lunges. it simulates the recovery from a split jerk.
try that for more of a total-body thing.
if you like it, or what you're doing, enjoy it.

Can you make leg gains with single leg dumbbell exercises only? I’ve been hammering away at squats and deadlifts and trap bar deads for a few years and I want a break for the next 2 or 3 months.

I was thinking going heavy with Bulgarian Split Squats and then lunges, dumbbell squats etc for reps.

Whats the best diet to raise test?

You could probably build some solid muscle but youll probably also lose bilateral strength if you dont maintain your squat

I had one, left it for a couple of weeks until the skin naturally wore and I pulled it out. No issues.

What is an intermediate zercher squat for a 195lb male?

Can the resistance hip ab/adduction machines help with hip stiffness?

I’ve just recently got to 220lbs/100kg 5MR squats but at the same time experience some lower back pain at my right lower back after a set. What do? Is it DOMS?

Do these kill your arms where the bar rests or what?

Were you able to lift with it still? Like I said I lifted after it happened and I was worrying that it would burst the entire time, but it didn’t. Idk if I’d be hindering its recovery if I kept pressure on it

Actually that's a pretty good workout, and athlean X uses that method for both shoulder and core workouts

I wear a hoodie usually, doesnt bother me at all. Also the locked hand version is much more comfortable for the forearms.

Any advices or accessory work to improve my deadlift (is like 70lbs behind my squat)?

How much should I be bulking up at 163lbs?

Try dan johns armor building complex. Videos are for soccer moms, follow a program, buy some of pavels books

How grimy is it to go to class, go to the gym and do a chest workout (12 sets. I barely break a sweat), and then go to my next with no shower? I'll put on deodorant afterwards

How long to fast before cholesterol test? Most sites say 10-12 hs but one said to not go over 12 hs.

also include single-leg deadlifts and stepups

if it's right after a set, it ain't doms
might have strained something, see how it responds to rest and during the warmups next workout

disparities are normal in a beginner program
by the time you're through with your beginner program and stalling out on all your lifts, deadlift will probably be 10-15% higher than squat
add some weight more aggressively for a few sessions if your sets are going up easily in the deadlift
always bulk slowly, like

>Any advices or accessory work to improve my deadlift (is like 70lbs behind my squat)?
How long have you been lifting and what is your total?
>How much should I be bulking up at 163lbs?
How tall are you and about how fat are you?

Been lifting on and off for about two months on SS:

Bench Press: 135
Squat/Deadlift: 205
OHP: 75
Power Clean: 85

How am I doing?

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

pic related
fwiw the champion raw powerlifters of the ipf wind up with three-lift totals in a ratio of 35% to the squat, 25% to the bench, and 40% to the deadlift. so a bench of 135 to a squat of 200 is about right, and you should expect to see a bit more deadlift progress before it stalls. press about 60-70% of bench depending on how you're build it fine. looks fairly normal to me.

>How long have you been lifting and what is your total?
Been lifting for like 10 months, I've been just doing the routine the instructor tells me, some kind of bro split.
I can squat like 205lbs 4x8, DL 135lbs 4x8.

>How tall are you and about how fat are you?
5'7'' manlet, somewhere between 15-18& bf.

brehs...today's a bro's bday and he wants the lads round for a sesh (2hours from now). I don't have time to drive to the gym, workout properly, drive back and get ready.

If you were me, would you skip the party and workout tonight or go, drink a moderate amount (~4-5 beers) and workout tomorrow?

Note that I haven't seen this group of friends for a few months

If you are really good friends with them and enjoy their company and they you, I'd say just push it til tomorrow. Might benefit from an extra day of rest anyways. One time won't hurt.

Bench Day: Monday
Bench Press 5x5 @ 1x60%, 1x75% and 1x85% 5RM
Press 5x10 @ 1x40%, 1x50%, 3x60% of 1RM
Rows 5x10
Chin-Ups 5x5 @ 2.5lb Weekly Progression
Dips 5x5 @ 2.5lb Weekly Progression

Squat Day: Tuesday
Back Squat 3x5 @ 1x60%, 1x75% and 1x85% 5RM

Deadlift 5x10 @ 1x40%, 1x50%, 3x60% of 1RM
Weighted Sit-Up 5x10

Press Day: Thursday
Press 3x5 @ 1x60%, 1x75% and 1x85% 5RM

Bench Press 5x10 @ 1x40%, 1x50%, 3x60% of 1RM
Rows 3x10
Chin-Ups 5x5 @ 2.5lb Weekly Progression
Dips 5x5 @ 2.5lb Weekly Progression

Deadlift Day: Friday
Deadlift 3x5 @ 1x60%, 1x75% and 1x85% 5RM
Front Squat 5x10 @ 1x40%, 1x50%, 3x60% of 1RM
Weighted Leg Raise 5x10

does this look good?

if my squat, press and dead lift are intermediate but my bench is novice bordering intermediate, am I intermediate?????

thanks breh

My neck has made good gains since i've started doing neck curls, but i feel like i should be doing neck extentions so i dont fuck up my posture, how to i do these in the gym by myself without looking retarded?

I keep waking up in the middle of the night hungry. It doesn't matter if I eat nothing or lots before going to bed I still do it.

Is there anyway to stop this?

someone suggested water but that makes me peepee all the time.

anyone else has no muscle in this spot? is it just genetics or can i fix this

i strained my rotator cuff doing weighted pull ups today. It is not torn and I have full mobility but it is definitely strained. Has anyone done this will pull ups before? What is the best way to rehab and for how long?

You can try doing more incline press, but if that fails I have no clue.

Apply ice and wait for it to get better (as in, moving it without weight in a variety of ways doesn't hurt at all), then start slow rehab with incredibly light weight.
Next time remember to keep your shoulders engaged during pull ups, don't just hang from the bar at the bottom part of the rep.

thanks bru

looks like you swallowed jim wendler and spit him out; overall, his programming sucks and he's a ripoff artist, everything he's published is a ripoff, he used to be ripping off louie simmons and now for the last decade he's been ripping off the program he was given to do in high school

your overall layout is ok in terms of exercises and sets and reps, although i question 5x10 and high-rep deadlifts and high-rep front squats, but there's nothing overall wrong with that.

using percentages, however, sucks, for anybody that's not so advanced that their 1rm is stable over weeks or months. i'm betting you can make faster progress without that bullshit.

two better choices:
1) use a standard rippetoe style progression, do your 5x5 or whatever and if you make it, add weight, if you don't, recycle to a weight you made previously. or if you're CLOSE to hitting them all, maybe stay at that weight
or
2) do it old school. 5x5 means pick a challenging weight for 5 (you should know what that is by now, for you), and go up or down each set by feel. keep track of your best set of 5 and maybe try to break it if you feel frisky. keep track of the best total weight across sets and do the same. keep these records and use them to track progress.

nope, you're gonna look like a retard doing those, regardless. just do them. you'll look less retarded than the average commercial gym goer, i guarantee

check volafile dot org /r/fit
i will upload some rotator cuff stuff for you

>Been lifting for like 10 months, I've been just doing the routine the instructor tells me, some kind of bro split.
>I can squat like 205lbs 4x8, DL 135lbs 4x8.
If you got some PT I guess doing what he says is prolly better than you running around on your own. Rack pulls, romanian deads, leg curls, and deficit partial deads all help me get mine up.

Also consider you could have strange proportions where sumo would be preferable. This is probably under 10% of lifters, but I have short arms and a long torso. My sumo deadlift is almost 100lbs higher than my conventional with strict form.

>5'7'' manlet, somewhere between 15-18& bf.
Your TDEE is probably around 2200. If you want to make any progress eat at least 3200 calories and 170g protein a day. I'm 205, but when I was bulking up to 230 I was eating 5k+ a day.

will do. thanks m8

listen to this user. Do incline and OHP if you don't already.

i do both already..

I also have this problem, try stretching your chest more (refer to pic) and use a lacrosse ball to massage the fuck out of that area, it could be tight. Try to hit chest twice a week, one heavy day and one light day focusing on getting the muscle moving etc

this is my chest now, i still look like shit but it's becoming more even at least. I genuinely think it's due to chest tightness. I can link other stretches which may benefit you if you'd like?

Well shit son, add more volume in the hypertrophy rep range. Don't gauge yourself against bodybuilders either unless you plan on pinning. Pic related is not fucking normal.

Hey Veeky Forums haven’t been here in a few years. But hopefully you can help. I was doing a high rep bench day, did 250 for 40 reps spread out over a few sets, and noticed my chest is very tight, like taking a full breath feels weird/kind of hurts. A few weeks ago I did a high volume bench day as well, I think I did 225 5x10, or maybe more sets I wasn’t keeping track. Anyways. After that bench day, my chest was super tight, hurt to breathe and move and it took quite a few days to go away that I almost went to the emergency room. Anyway so I’m thinking this pain is caused by super high rep, but I’m not really sure, is this normal? Since it hurts less than it did last time, should I do high volume benching frequently to strengthen whatever is weak and causing this so it doesn’t happen anymore? Is it maybe my pectoral minor has DOMS? Or some other ancillary muscle of my chest? Any input? Thinking about giving my chiropractor a call, he does sports rehab so maybe he’ll be helpful.

just incline more breh. also low to high cable flys.

Is doing 12/8/4/8/12 with dumbells(starting with light, going heavier, then lighter) a good plan? I'm just trying to get basic strength before starting 5/3/1

1/10 b8

The problem is that doesn't work for me or the other guy, I feel as though there's a deeper reason than "hit upper chest more" or whatever, I've been stretching my chest out and massaging tight points in areas as well. I don;t know if it will help other but I feel as though it has helped me

How is it bait?

>basic strength before starting 5/3/1
do ss/sl first ya goof

how long have you been working out for? how long have you been inclining to fix this problem?

>stretching and massaging bro you won't need weights

lmao come on bro

no. you want to get basic strength, do starting strength or one of the ripoffs of it (legend of he-man castle greyskull or strongmuzzielifts 5x5 etc)
also nobody should do wendler shit, it sucks
get a copy of practical programming 3rd edition and when you're through with starting strength, pick one of the dozens of actually good intermediate programs from there
or do the bridge2.0 it's unironically decent
or one of greg nuckol's intermediate programs
or if you want looks, do a split like lyle mcdonald's generic bulk

you put too many memes in there bud it was way too obvious. 2/10 for a second reply though.

6'2, 180 lbs

I don't have much muscle, and I'm kinda fat near my thighs and hips. Should I just cut while I lift weights? It seems like it would be better to trim the fat and then eat again once I'm down, but I dunno

Are you sure you’re replying to the right person? I didn’t put any memes in my post. I did a high volume bench day, and I have what feels like chest tightness beneath my pecs, that goes away after a few days but it feels like different from regular DOMS so I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Explain to me how I’m memeing please

Anyone here on anxiety meds? Do they affect your gains in any way? I heard they can make you fat. I'm looking to get on them since my panic attacks are killing my appetite so it's kinda hard to bulk right now.

Why are you putting words into my mouth? I never said you don't need to do inline you potato brain, I said that isn't fixing his and my problem. I have seen progress from continuing hitting chest twice a week as well as supplementing chest stretching/massaging into my routine. I have been lifting since 2009 but had the last 3 years off due to a shoulder injury which i'm only just recovering from now.

4x8 deadlift.. ffs.
As a novice you need higher frequency than a brosplit. Also that discrepancy leads me to believe its a technique issue.

I have my legs up and crossed when I'm not doing maxes on bench press cause its harder and when I put my legs down and arch my back I get alot more power. Is this good or am I retared

last time i posted my stats, people said i was weak as fuck and should be ashamed unless this was in kgs. thank you for clarifying

See alot of guys benching like this on instagram then they get mad when I tell them to put the ass on the bench. Opinions?

Sup guys, started using this recently and it says 1 serving per day....Is there any reason I can't have 2 servings per day every day?

>using dairy based protein in 2018
>laughinggirls.jpg

yes you will die