/fat/ - "just stop eating" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
>For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
>sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
>fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
>losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
>myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
>community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/5DMREpw
nola.com/living/index.ssf/2018/02/jackie_wallace_ted_jackson.html#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news
bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first

>those weeks when you lose 4-5 lbs

is this what self-confidence feels like

I went bear mode over the winter, put back on 15 lbs.
I'm still 50 lbs down from start, just annoying having to re-loose weight.

I'm almost back down after a week on low carb 1200kcal.

I figured out how to kill hunger though. I take a shot of apple cider vinegar after a small meal. It fills me up, and fixed my acid reflux and regurgitation problems.

back from a while break. gained 10 lbs and taking up IF again tomorrow. L-least my lifts went up.

>down 12 pounds at my family's monthly weight loss thing
>Super Bowl Sunday
>lots of finger foods made
>can't stop eating them

I-I'll get back on track tomorrow I swear

>been hitting my water goal easily for the past few weeks
>can't even drink 1.5 liters today
I hate this

I ate 1500 kcal today instead of 1400 kcal

is there any reason not to get the rope?

How big is your bottle? In my experience, it's easier to drink a lot of water when you have a larger container. I have a 1 gallon (3,8 liter) bottle and I drink one each day easily. When I used a 0,5 liter bottle I never drank more than 2 liters a day.

Official /fat/ discord, come join us and make friends!
discord.gg/5DMREpw

Remember anons, waking up and feeling leaner every morning is one of the greatest feelings on earth. Today is a rough and tempting day for many amerifats because of the superbowl but if you fight the urge today you will be stronger for the rest.

Also
>preparing for our family's annual super bowl dinner
>got ribs, mac & cheese, and sweet potato casserole
>couldn't eat more than ONE rib, ONE spoonful of casserole, and two spoonfuls of mac
I'm both upset and worried, I was looking so forward to it, but my body won't let me put ANYTHING in it today

You're still under maintenance.

HERCULES

HERCULES

HERCULES

no, it's full of failed chubby normies trying to hit on girls

this sounds like a good problem to have
reminds me of an episode of my 600 pounder life

I drink from a 0.7L bottle, i've been doing good with that, but it just seems like my body is rejecting anything I try to put into it today
I was struggling trying to take my pills today as well

At least the Superbowl is only one day. I'm really nervous about the world cup.

Am I going to make it?

>discover the beauty of Caesar salads
>start discovering good foods
>Kosher hot dogs are low carb friendly
We're going to make it, lads.

Nice job.

H-hot

Didnt even watch, took a nap through most of it

Hello. I'm new.

I'm not obese but I'm overweight and I want to look good for my self-esteem. I read the sticky.
So all I have to do is calculate my TDEE and eat 500 kcal below it? My current TDEE is like 2600 and I feel like eating just 2100 is still way too much.

Should I lift or just focus on cardio for now? Also how do I do HIIT on a fucking treadmill? lol

What are your stats? 2100 is perfectly reasonable for a taller big guy

The general advice on this board is going to be you should lift, and you should unless youre very obese

>Should I lift or just focus on cardio for now?
Lift and start cardio. If you're really fat, use the elliptical rather than destroying your knees on the treadmill
>Also how do I do HIIT on a fucking treadmill?
Fartleks, stupid.

I'm 181 cm, 90 kg last time I weighed myself (which was about December, before the Christmas binging, so I probably weigh more now).

I mostly have mantits, chin fat and belly fat. I really wanna kill the first two. Pls help. I want a jaw and pecs I can be proud of.

Got any recs for a starting program? Is SS really a meme?

I'll look it up, but it's way easier for me to run on a treadmill. Or should I just give up and fuck the treadmill and actually run on ground?

eat 1600 fatty

SS isnt a meme but people who stay on SS for more than ~6 months are. When you did the calorie calculation did you put anything for daily activity? cause 2100 is probably high for you

I used scooby's calculator and put in 3-5 hrs of exercise per week, considering I'm going 3 times a week and doing ~20 min of cardio followed by ~1 hr of lifting. It actually says my TDEE is 3200 and I should eat 2500, but that seems like way too much to actually lose weight in my head.

Eating below your TDEE will most definitely result in weight loss, but IMO you shouldn't stick with 500 if you have no problem eating 1000 kcal below, or even more. Simply speaking, the less you eat, the more weight you lose.

SS is good for the first 3 months, max. Transition to a PPL schedule after that.

Running depends on how big you are. If you're at/near/above 300lbs, running on a treadmill or no is extremely likely to cause long term damage to your knees.

Yeah ignore that shit, and use multiple calculators to find a baseline. Dont put anything in the daily activity sections because theres too many variables in how many calories youre burning

Right. I'll try to eat around 2000 (should I eat below my BMR? Is that bad?) and use multiple calculators to gauge it.

I'll try field running HIIT too. I guess I just gotta start slow, I almost died last time I tried running.

Thanks folks. I hope we all make it. I'll check back regularly.

With calorie things the most important number is your weight, it should be going down 1-2lbs a week. If its going down less than that you need to restrict more calories. Some people here are crazy and shoot for 3+lbs a week and thats fine but their deficit is even higher, so take that into consideration

>I guess I just gotta start slow, I almost died last time I tried running.
go faster and fartlek. High-intensity is right there in HIIT. If you wanna get faster, you sprint.

is that the one with the shitty admin who talks about arguing with him mom all the time kek

When I was running the Pork Chop Platoon (Navy Command Fitness Leader) I had the piggos lose 1-2 lbs a week as a standard.
1 lb per week for females and anyone who had to lose less than 20 lbs
2 lbs per week for males who needed to lose more than 20 lbs
And I say 3 lbs per week for someone who is 100 lbs or more overweight because it can come off quickly for them

150lbs at 5'10 here, do I bulk or cut? wtf do I do?

Lift

How are you that light while being so fat?

hollow bones

Disgusting

both , eat at a slight surplus on lifting days
eat at a 600 cal deficit on non lifting days
this has the added bonus of keeping you body in confusion. it wont know that you're trying to loose weight .

How do you anons deal with a shit relationship with food? I’m talking full out autist ED levels here. The worst part is that I’ve made some good progress over the last six months (currently around 10 lbs away from goal weight) but am still stuck with a broken fatfuck brain. For me it has to be complete restriction or binge mode. I feel like I haven’t really made it, despite all the hard work, and that I’m more obsessed with food than ever. Do I just need therapy? How do you guys deal with this? I just want to make it...

stop buying food.
Go a week without any food in your house.

I stick to my diet just fine and am making progress, I just want to reprogram my brain so that I don’t constantly want to die while doing it.

It just takes time, user.
You were conditioned for decades to like things that are bad for you.
You can't just yank the needle out and expect no withdrawals.
Personally, I went form craving McDonald's daily to not even being able to stand the smell. You'll make it user.

>Do I just need therapy?
Hmm, It couldn't hurt.
I mean after losing 50lbs and reaching a BMI of ~22 my stomach has shrunk so much and my eating habits have simply changed so much.
Now I don't even have to try, the thought of drinking a soft drink makes me sick and I barely ever buy snacks. I bought a block of chocolate recently and I can only eat like 4 squares a day without feeling sick from all the sweetness.
At this point I simply eat when I'm hungry and I'm still at below 2k calories when my TDEE is ~2.3k.

If you haven't made any changes to your diet and are simply restricting calories then if you really want to make it for the long term you have to learn how to cook.

>10 lbs away from goal weight
you've come a long way
have you tried meal prep?
plan out what you're eating for the week and eat only according to your menu

such a funny part of that movie

how many calories should I be eating daily?

I have fairly intense workouts 4 days of the week, the other days I play pickup basketball which is great cardio. I don't do anything on saturdays

I do 20:4 IF currently and plan my 1000-1200cal meal to the T, with all clean food (oats, chicken, salmon and lots of veggies).

Thank you anons for the encouragement. It just sucks, cause now it feels like the fat person inside never really goes away. But maybe I just have to accept that it’s a lifelong battle that hopefully gets a little easier over time.

Hey /fat/, read this today. Really touched home for me. About addiction and a man trying and trying to beat it. Maybe it'll mean something to you.

nola.com/living/index.ssf/2018/02/jackie_wallace_ted_jackson.html#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news

>had a legit cheat day after 2 weeks of doing excellent
>want to break down and cry, break shit in my apartment, freak out, kill myself, jump out of the window, etc

HILARIOUS MEME!!!!!!!!!!

>still need to lose 10kgs to have visible abs
>been eating a slight deficit, summers far away still
>blew my goal 4 days in a row, setting myself back about 20 days

do i give up and stay fat or do i waterfast 3 days and get back on track

Calorie counting helped train my brain.

Im exactly there with you user. But We can recover.

ITS YOU AND ME VS THE WORLD BROTHER

>Joined the Army
>Broke my tailbone and got nerve damage in BCT
>Kicked out after 93 days
>Gained at least 20 lbs
>Too afraid to jump on the scale
>Started keto today
>Spent some time in recovery and went back to the gym tonight
>On PHUL so its day 1, Upper Power
>35 lbs weaker on my bench
>40 lbs weaker on my incline DB bench
>20 lbs weaker on my barbell row
>40 lbs weaker on my lat pulldown
>35 lbs weaker on my OHP
>40 lbs weaker on my barbell curl
>20 lbs weaker on my skullcrushers

Just had a cheat day to m8s. Just do as much exercise as you can and eat lower tomorrow to make up for it. It'll be alright guys. You've earned it.

Unless of course you only just started and haven't lost any weight so far, then you're never gonna fucking make it.

This. I wasn't even aware of how much calories over maintenance I was eating.

I've lost 30 pounds already and need to lose 100 more before christmas so I'm on a good track, just had a shit day and regret it a lot

So im eating one meal a day
2 cans of tuna
3 slices of bread
1 tomato
1 boiled egg

Equals about 600 calories,
Thoughts?
Convictions?

way too little. Double it and that's probably just enough to be comfortable living on

Yeah, it's always like that. I lost 50lbs before I had a true cheat day (where I ate well over maintenance and didn't really know for sure how many calories I ate) and I felt like shit all week after. But honestly, as long as you don't do it frequently it's alright. Even people who have always been thin and don't have to worry about their weight will have days where they over-indulge without even thinking about it. The point is to not do it all the time and to save it for special occasions and keep thing healthy most other days.

I've been eating fairly clean and working out all week but tonight I went to a super bowl party and they had the most amazing chicken fajitas so I decided to indulge. I probably set myself back a few hundred calories but it's nothing a little exercise and extra cutting can't fix in the next 2 or 3 days.

you shouldn't eat tuna every day because of its mercury content.
> 600 calories,
thats too big of a cut , im assuming your not a little person.
make big salads , not iceberg , and add meats on top. and stay away from salad dressing.
going low carb is good too , fuck bread
good luck user.

>you shouldn't eat tuna every day because of its mercury content.
>tfw i eat 2 packets of tuna every day MINIMUM
How fucked am I?

>not iceberg
Why not?

Eating up to my calorie deficit is so hard in OMAD. Made a big fucking meal, even if I ate all of it, it wasn't gonna hit my calories, and then I couldn't even eat half..... is this what skinny people feel?

Im not obese at all
>227 lb at 6ft 1
Ive allready lost 13 lb using this method,
I eat more on the weekend because i dont have work to take my mind off food, i feel as if i eat more then then i just wont see results,
Also taking 0.4mg of clen a day

You cannot get merc poison from eating tuna you dumb shit. Not unless you live in the third world.

I'm just so fucking weak.
I'm able to stay at 1600kcal a day just fine all month.
But then, there's like 4 days out of each month where my friend takes us out, and i end up over eating so much, it makes my daily average for each month 1800kcal.
And i just can't lose weight at that number.
Weight hasn't budged since the start of the year.
Over my whole two years trying, I've only lost 50lbs.

I've just got a spot o' the old depression nowadays.

i'm sorry, but your child will be born retarded
bodybuilding.com/fun/mroussell5.htm

>start fasting + eating better 2 weeks ago
>decide to eat some taco bell last night
>wake up with painful liquid shits

I guess thats my body reacting naturally to that shit. Used to love eating those weird box combos they have, I'm glad my body cant handle it anymore, I feel more normal now

Not him but this just sounds like excuses to gorge yourself and pig out on shit food. Once a fatty always a fatty I guess. There's a reason most people can only keep the weight off for so long.

I have a question:
Say I'm 300 pounds, you calculate the amount of calories to lose the weight. However if you're 250 the amount of calories to maintain 250 is almost the same as the amount to lose at 300.
Wouldn't it be better to begin off eating the deficit of your target weight, instead of re-adjusting as you lose weight? How often do you re-adjust?

Mate, do some excercise. If you can manage to do 6 hours of good cardio a month, you will burn that off. An hour and a half a week.

Then work on reducing that calorie intake on those 4 days. Or eat 1400 each day to account for it. Or fast for 1 day a week every week.

There are so many ways to solve this, so sort it out.

Yes, you're right. Nobody who is healthy ever indulges in food at any point. Everyone should eat at a caloric deficit for their entire lives.

You do realize that eating around maintenance is ideal right? And that you should fluctuate above or below maintenance on average? I get that you're probably on a cut right now and want to feel superior to everyone but there will (ideally) come a day where you're at a good weight and won't be afraid to eat an extra 500 calories every now and then. Because when you're a healthy weight that 500 calories doesn't fucking matter.

>replied

its shite
use cabbage or spinach

Your reply doesn't help.
I'm just asking if it's just better to getting used to eating at the levels of your target weight from the beginning, rather than continually re-adjust the calorie calculator.

How do you care enough to not live the day and think for the long term? Will anyone read this and give a fuck? I don't know.

If i can do it for 5-6 months, i will be fit and happier. But instead I choose to have daily happiness. I eat pizza, eat sugary drinks and play video games. I am fat, I don't like being fat. But when i am sitting, I don't even want to eat pizza or drink. I just do it. I don't care. I know it is bad. I don't care at that moment. I don't feel anything.

Fuck this shit. I want to do a water fast because it is the best for me. Fast results so I don't get unmotivated after a couple days with no loss, not having to worry about what to eat and count calories. I get bored though. Every aspect of my life will get better if i can just lost 50 pounds. I won't get sweaty, I won't wear hoodie because i am insecure about my body. People will be friendlier. Maybe i will talk to that girl from class.

I have a lot of free time. I only have to go to school like 12 hours a week. I have enough money. I live alone. I know all about losing weight and lifting. I did it, I lost 25 pounds last summer.

But I am mentally weak and i can't do it.

how does water fasting impact your test/estrogen levels?

300 lbs here. Can I hit 200 by November?

yes

The less you eat the more weight you will lose.

"i can just stop at *shitty fast food chain* one last time, then I'll eat clean tomorrow". Hit me hard user, it's time to get on top of my shit.

This, I can’t understand how normies deal with cheat days, I personally hate it so much

Nice blog. My tipping point was when my ex broke up with me, and I needed to take control of myself and everything I could, because it felt like my life was out of control. So when I didn't want to eat because I was sad, I used that as the starting point for change. Now I let myself have the weak things sometimes, but I try and balance them out. If I drink a lot I make sure to go to a club and dance hardcore for 2 hours. Or if I know I'm going to drink that night I skip my one meal a day to help offset it.

Other than that you just need to build it in as a habit. Controlling the numbers in something like my fitness pal helped me get my head straight, and then once I could be trusted I started laxing on that a little. If I eat too much 1 day I just forgive and start afresh the next day.

Start setting goals weekly. My goal is to lose 1kg a week. I have done that since the start of November. I'm down 17.5kg and I feel great. 5 more kg and I'm halfway to my current goal weight.

Also stop being a whiny bitch and start. You'll never learn willpower by no excercising restraint.

Nice
What's your routine?

> Or if I know I'm going to drink that night I skip my one meal a day to help offset it
> Go out drinking not having eaten anything.

Because that's not a recipe to fuck yourself up very rapidly with drink at all, is it user?

However, awesome job on the 17.5kg! Keep at it and you'll have made it by the summer.

On another note to blog post, it's so nice to be home. I was at a student medical conference over the weekend where I was in lectures/practicals basically non-stop for two days.

I take my hat off to myself actually, I ate pretty carefully- but it wasn't because of calories- I never want to see a shitty cheap bread sandwich again. Over the course of loosing weight, I've always let myself have things if they're nice and I can budget it into my calories- so if I want a cheese toastie, I'll buy some freshly baked sourdough and a really high quality cheese from my local farmers market. I'd forgotten how bad catering food could be- I never want to see a bland cheese and ham sandwich again, with walkers crisps and no sign of anything remotely fruit/vegetable related. It's so nice to be back to IF this morning and know that lunch will actually have some taste to it. Sounds sad, but I'm really looking forward to that tuna steak salad.

I ate really really bad this weekend guys. Damn super bowl got me. Gained back all the weight I lost after two weeks, although I did weigh myself just after eating a bunch of shit and drinking a bunch of beer. I should weigh less tomorrow.

Just gotta get back on it and hold my next cheat day for way farther down the line. Anybody else struggle this weekend?

I’m here with you, friend, but I don’t even have the excuse of American football

Haven't noticed difference in getting fucked up any quicker if I eat less, just noticed tolerance lower as I lose weight.

Even if it does, just means I'm cheaper drunk and need to drink less, so less calories. I'm pretty good at spacing drinks to be up all night. Not the guy that needs to be carried home.

It all depends on your starting weight and goal weight of course, but if you're big enough that your goal weight's maintenance is a significant cut then go for it. But definitely re-adjust when you get lower.

I would suggest just finding your TDEE and eating 500 - 1,000 calories less though. Re-adjust your goal every 5lbs or so. Really it just comes down to common sense and finding what works for you.

How long can raw meat stay in the fridge? Friday morning I bought chicken and turkey, have already made some turkey and the chicken is unopened.

PROTIP: During the colder months I just load all my meals with high amounts of curry and chilli. Forces you to eat slowly and it becomes painful to eat too much.