Hey Veeky Forums

hey Veeky Forums
got T levels tested twice.
First test came back 231. Doctor noted it was "mildly low" and ordered a retest. Second time came back 314, told I was "normal". Free T came back 4 ng/dL for the first and 11 pg/dL for the second test.
Got told I was within normal range the second time. I'm 19 years old and have been lifting for months for reference.

Now that I know I have the T levels of a buzzfeed employee, what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910073411515
youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit dude, I don't know. Basically two schools of thought; either, after the first test you do everything in your power to lower your T and earn yourself a script or you do everything in your power to raise your T and stay pisseningly natty. You may have fumbled the first attempt so maybe you should just try and up your T

How many cycles have you done ?

I probably should've tried to sabotage the results for the second, you're right.

What can I do besides lifting heavy and not doing cardio now? I'd like to stay natty but this feelsbadman

I got prescribed testosterone when I result came in at like 400 ng/dL. I got lucky.

that's normal test for an obese 60 year old male, which is included in the "reference range" your doctor is using to tell you it's normal. Your doctor is an uninterested moron. Find another one that actually cares and has more than two brain cells to rub together.

Damn, your doctor was cool.

Its all the worse since I can't grow facial hair and I barely have any body hair, and it's even more hilarious that I had to basically squeeze the results out of them to see that I had 314 and that apparently is "normal".

Yeah, I'm probably just going to go find another doctor and get a script from them.

The guy scheduled the retest for 8:30 am where levels are peak and I came in at 314 and I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, then he tells me everythings fine lmao fucking pos

Definately do cardio, but not excessively, get lots of sleep and eat big with high fat content. You can still build an amazing body low T, there's even a tripfag on here that clocked in under 300 and he looks great, just dedicate yourself bro, you'll make it.

Doctors rarely know how blood test reference ranges work. All a reference range tells you is what numbers that particular lab has seen in the past. It doesn't indicate what's normal, just what has been measured. The reference range is rarely less specific than "adult male" or "adult woman" which means your idiot doctor is comparing you to the generally diseased population, rather than ideal, healthy models. You'll have to go to a "Male wellness" clinic to get a guaranteed script for HRT with those levels.

It's testosterone not unicorn cum. Just buy some. Fuck the autism on this board is insufferable.

I mean I would love to stay natty but I can't fucking grow anything on my face and I barely have any arm or leg hair to the point where it's fucking embarassing, so thats why getting a script is becoming way more attractive to me

also I wasn't doing cardio because I thought I had low T so I was trying to maximize it but it apparently barely did anything lol, i should probably start up again

Hopefully if I go to another doctor he'll give me a script but idk if I should just act like I don't know and get tested again trying to crash them or straight up tell him my levels, or he might just be like the old doctor

whatever I do I think i've decided to get a script now, pathetically low levels

Have you felt any benefits?

Dude I'm 23 years old and I shave once a month. I literally have no hair anywhere on my body but my arm pits and pubes, fuck body hair anyways

It's cheaper, safer, easier, and more legal to get it through a doctor/pharmacy you mongoloid.

OP, if you've got the money to go elsewhere, find a different PCP. You've got a by the books, factory line physician that isn't going to tailor treatment to you. My brother has hypothyroidism (secondary, I think?) and he changed doctors because his first one was telling him that his TSH levels were fine even if they were on the lower end of normal range and never investigated it further. Went to a new doc because he kept gaining weight with a tracked diet, and his was so lethargic, we went to a different doc and he said that the "normal" range includes 50 year old uncontrolled obese diabetics, and that for a 16 year old, his thyroid function was markedly decreased and got him on treatment.

Yes, I inject 70mg twice per week. I inject twice instead of once to keep testosterone levels from varying. My levels are are 900-1000 ng/dL consistently. Benefits are incredible, both physical and psychological... High libido and rock hard erections (even when on a -1000 calorie deficit cut), solid and dense muscle tone, increased confidence, mentally sharper and more focused, recovery time for lifting/cardio are much much quicker, the list goes on.

OP, with your levels being that low if you got on T to bring your levels up to the 1000 range it will change your life.

Alright, I'll get another doctor

Kinda fucked that this shit takes three tries to get right lmao

Hopefully it won't take too long to get a script, thanks man

>400 ng/dL.
>reference range

421 reporting in ... i got told it was in the normal

eet muh unins

I have hypothyroidism. I had to insist to my doctor that I wasn't fat because of my diet and that it was probably my thyroid. Sure enough my TSH came back high and I got on Synthroid. I dropped like 25 pounds within a few months without changing anything.

Wow thyroids MUST be researched for magical POWERS for breaking the laws of PHYSICS

Yeah, going by their absurd out-of-date reference range it is considered "normal". Luckily my doctor understood that 400 ng/dL is not normal for 24 year old male (I'm 26 now). I gave him my symptoms, low libido, lack of energy, etc. and he went by that to make his final decision to prescribe me TRT.

>being this retarded

So mentioning symptoms while acting like you don't know is the way to go to get a script? Because I think I'll do this and maybe stay up all night before the test and not eat

Not sure if sarcasm. But the thyroid hormone thyroxine T3 and T4 are hugely important for metabolism. Lacking these hormones in some individuals can cause significant weight gain and difficulty losing weight.

I bet you’re a soyboy poster

Yeah, I would do that. Also try going to a younger doc and specifically a urologist who "specializes" in TRT. What kind of doc did you go to? If you tried getting TRT from a primary care doc, then that may have been part of the issue. Primary care docs are notorious for not wanting to dabble with TRT.

Test does not make your beard grow. DHT, it doesn't matter how much testosterone you have if there is no DHT it can activate

I experienced faster beard growth when I started TRT. When you have more T in the system, there is more available to converted to DHT, hence why people experience hairloss on T if they are susceptible to it.

A urologist?
I went to a PCP, which probably fucked me
I was thinking about going to an endocrinologist or maybe my really old family doc and explaining my problems to him
Thanks to everyone helping in this thread btw

pomegranate juice daily, no soy in anything, no bpa containers, no hormone infested milk, no hormone infested chicken, eat your veggies, eat your fats, dont be fat, lift a lot.

having a girlfriend increases test on its own, along with having a wide shoulder stance and good posture while sitting/standing/walking around wherever. Very interesting topic let me know what you guys think

Yes, there are urologists that "specialize" in testosterone replacement. An endocrinologist could also be a favorable choice.

Thanks a lot for the advice dude, you convinced me to get a script

Ok let me get this through to you, doctors will never prescribe test to you even if you are low they will just say you are a bit low and leave it at that. Unless you go into the low 100 or sub 100 they won't even send you to an endo.

>eat big with high fat content
what are the best foods for this? preferably that can be bought in bulk for a fair price

Anyone do those saliva test kits? Are they accurate enough to be worth it or do I really need to go into the doc?

Calories in calories out
Cant get fat if you have a proper diet

I've never heard of saliva testosterone tests. I'd imaging they are absolute BS though, I can't think of any reason why anything in your saliva would correlate with your test levels enough to be sensitive or specific enough.

Just eat a lot of soy, apply constant heat to your balls and fuck up your whole life and go in there with negative test levels

In case your not a troll, CICO is just a basic explanation so that people that didn't progress past 9th grade science can understand. Add more complexity to it and it's energy in - (BMR (controlled by thyroid) + activity level + undigested nutrients) = energy stored (fat)

Yeah you are gonna eat 500kcal a day and ur body will be like oops i have barely enough to sustain my basic functions better store all this as fat

after this weekend it'll be more like
energy in - (this fuckton of bodyheat thanks to DNP) = energy store (negative number because DNP)

>DNP
So how dangerous is this stuff, because reading up on it from scientific sources makes it look like using lead carafes is a good idea.

wouldn't surprise me if there was a disorder that did exactly that
that's why it's a disorder

DNP is extremely dangerous. Not much room for error, a lethal dose is only milligrams from the dose people typically take. Not something I would trust an underground source with.

almost died using dnp, dont do it. Kidney function decreased, so did my liver function. The hospital i was in literally flew doctors in from Tel Aviv to fucking examine me because they didnt have a whole lot of evidence of what DNP does to the human body.

>flew doctors in from Tel Aviv
(((they))) just wanted to make sure that their secret wonder drug stayed under wraps

yeah i could believe it. I lost like 25lbs on cycle.

my doctor told me I had way under average levels then straight up said he would never give me trt because "we know so little about what long term usage does, and you would have to take it all your life".
24 years old and constantly fatigued. most days i have to lay down on the couch after just doing my fucking dishes. i haven't had friends for five fucking years because i'm too tired to go out or even call.
i'm alone and suicidal with no job prospects because i dropped out of hs. the only routine i can keep is gym 3x a week but since my test is the same levels of a little girl i'm hardstuck struggling to move beyond babyweights after two fucking years of trying my best

even my fucking dick doesn't work i fucking hate this. i don't want to be a roided up bodybuilder i just want a functioning life

Alright OP, I was in literally the same boat as you when I was 18. 250ng/dl thanks to a combination of a motorbike accident and a varicocele. I self-administered, and it was the best decision I've ever made. That being said, it's much easier and better to get it from a pharmacy. Here's what you do:

1) Find a different doctor. DO NOT GET A FEMALE DOCTOR. These are fucking cancer for anything testosterone related. If you can, make friends with people in your gym, and if one is a doctor, go see him. He'll normally be informed on the topic (and probably on test himself).

2) Crash your testosterone before the test. For this you need to:

>skip sleep the night before
>avoid all dietary fats for two days before
>eat lots of REAL liquorice for at least a week before

Last one is important. One compound found in the licorice plant inhibits the conversion of androstenedione (the precursor to test) to testosterone.

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910073411515

3) He'll need to do two separate tests for you to get a prescription. Rinse and repeat the above steps.

4) Enjoy feeling like a regular human being.

I went from a lazy sack of shit who played video games all day and almost dropped out of high school to an anatomy/neuro double major at a good uni with an almost perfect GPA. Low testosterone is no joke. Ignore all the retards ITT who will give you meme advice like 'eat x food' or 'stand up straighter and pretend to be alpha.' You have a physiological problem with your endocrine system and dumb memes like nofap will not fix them.

Godspeed user.

Thanks. Next test I get I'll try and crash it.
I really hope it helps fix a lot of the confidence problems I have, because for a long time I thought it was mental.

>One compound found in the licorice plant inhibits the conversion of androstenedione (the precursor to test) to testosterone.
what the FUCK
black licorice is literally my favorite candy period. I rarely eat it because I know I'll pig out and it's terrible for you, but FUCK now I can't eat it at all

answer me you beefy fucks

No one is answering you because that is terrible ineffective advice. The "theory" behind it is based on hormones being synthesized using cholesterol/fats so ingesting an abundance of such will lead to higher testosterone levels. However, unless you are truly deficient in fats/cholesterol, then adding excessive amounts to your diet will only make you a fat fuck.

find a new doctor if youre sure you want it

or go to a male wellness clinic

i doubt eating it once in a while does anything

>? I'd like to stay natty
Why? You're clearly not at natty levels for whatever reason. Supplement it you retard
Natty card is a Veeky Forums meme. Normies don't get it anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU watch this and calm the fuck down you insecure bitch

learn to fucking eat right you imbecile

air doesnt have human tier numbers of test either

This is why HAES is bad
It's just like false rape claims
It takes away from ACTUAL victims of the circumstance, whether it's rape or thyroid problems

It's very dangerous and just as effective as eating less, not worth it.

Go to a new doctor, one that will do their job

if you're healthy then your level of T is probably good for you.
also the buzzfeed employee with the lowest T had 128 million on his semen sample

if you really care share some of your diet choices and ill tell you where you went wrong.

Or become a drug addict and probably still look like shit?

I'm not taking it to get gainz.
I've always had really bad social anxiety and low self-esteem and I fought it for years because I thought it was a mental things, since none of my friends seemed almost scared to speak like I did.
I just called myself a pussy and fought it mentally all throughout highschool and college, until I found out about symptoms of low T.
I can also grow little to no facial or body hair.
My diet is Chicken Breast or whatever red meat the mess hall serves that day, with rice and peppers. Breakfast is eggs, oats, and toast. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and have been lifting for about 3 months.

people on here are happy with numbers of 400 but I look online and the range is 300-1100 meaning it would be on the low end of the spectrum, what is normal.

this is also a blood test I had done when I had a bit of gyno with unknown cause (I obv don't pin yet)

Wait a second, 400 free test is shit people are saying

>Tel Aviv
DAS JUDENS

You what?

>cheaper
Uh no lmao. It's insanely expensive with a prescription. And you can get pharma grade without prescription for like 200 dollars for 4 years worth.