Why the fuck do my parents demotivate me...

Why the fuck do my parents demotivate me? I haven't even started to seriously get into lifting and healthy eating etc and I hear my father saying shit like "you'll never look the way you want to, it's genetics" and how I look fine even though I feel disgusted with myself?
I'm 18 184cm and 83kg. Skinny fat. Since last week I decided on going to the gym
I don't understand.
My dad's remarks really kind of depress me. Is he saying bullshit?

Yes its bullshit. Get your own place. Thats no environment to be in.

Everyone will be against you improving.
Same was for me, but I ignored them and focused on my goal.
Forget about everyone, isolate and become who you want to be.
You will look the way you want. We are all gonna make it brah

A lot of parents hate their children, and want them to fail.

Look up grey rock technique.

I'm 18 and in school. Next year I'm off to uni and would like to go to an officer's school. Guess what, you need to be in good shape to fucking get in. That's what I want to do.

I guess that's true.
Thanks

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I'm off to school, if this thread stays alive until I get back I'd be really grateful, so you can post dumb memes or arguments about Hitler or whatever until I get back I guess

seems like your father doesn't want you to succeed because he himself probably wasted his time and never got anything done, so seeing you do it makes him remember
ignore that sad sack of shit and improve yourself user, you can do it

>Don't lose anymore weight, user, promise me!

Sounds like he doesn't want you to suceed, probably upset that he wasted his life, anyone can make it with the effort bro

>Everyone will be against you improving.
Yes, improving oneself means others have to improve too. Otherwise they would be lesser persons than you are.

god damn man
keep it up no matter what anyone says, same here exept not parents, parents are cool. when i started working out every faggot was saying dude its boring lmaooo it doesnt matter. its not about just lifting like when i got into shooting everyone was hating on it. when i started to show interest in cars everyone was like why do you want that its old fuck that shit do whatever makes you happier, improves etc.. or youll end up as weed smoking/alcoholic faggot trying to cope with shit hes knee deep in

Bump

what does your dad look like?

you're dad is a beta cuck, you need to go on bloatmaxx and MOG his twink ass then cuck him by fucking ur mom.

Buml, still in school

Yeah i guess that's true

It's so annoying. It's like they're trying to deliberately keep me piglike

Thanks

Thanks mate I will

He's fat but really strong. One of the strongest people I've met that don't lift or anything

lol ur mom gay

Is your dad fat, OP?

Fuck, I can't read.
Your dad is probably just jealous that you'll look better than he ever has if you lose weight. Ignore his comments, that shit is toxic as fuck. You're bettering yourself in the best way possible by giving yourself more years of life. You're going to make it.

>He's fat but really strong. One of the strongest people I've met that don't lift or anything

I remember when I used to think that Prad Bitt looked really huge in Cight Flub.

Not built, strong. He'd lift 80kg without any problem I think. He spent most of his life working physically but he's fat now.

OP, people are crabs in a bucket. You improving means that any excuses they've had about not improving are just that-- excuses.

I'm not even done losing weight-- I'm down to 170 lbs from 235 lbs-- and I can't tell you how many times my mom bought me cookies and such even though I told her I was dieting. And I actually get along with my mom, I genuinely think this was all subconscious on her part, because other times she would be supportive, or at the very least say she was. So if you have parents that are actually demotivating you...that's rough.

You do you though. Everyone can improve. Find what motivates you and hold onto it as tight as you can. Even if it's silly. I know some of the most in shape people got that way because they wanted to show up an ex, or they really wanted to look a certain actor. And the best part is that the routine gets easier and easier, and you'll love feeling results.

Thanks very much mate. I'm practically fat or skinny fat all my life. Ever since I remember I had love hips and pudgy stomach and I honestly feel disgusted with myself. I had countless times tried to lose weight and it never really worked. Them demotivating me honestly makes it worse

Lift 80kg in what way, overhead press? That's pretty strong.

unless that's a strict overhead press, 80kg is not impressive

Bench. He has no previous weight lifting experience

It has been said already but people dislike it when you want to improve yourself, because they themselves reside in the bullshit excuses they have to tell themselves to feel comfortable in their unhealthy lifestyle.

It is literally crab mentality (or crab in a bucket if you will). People are genuinely misinformed and total idiots when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. They believe eating clean and working out is 'obsessive' and getting fat is 'fun and healthy'. They truely believe achieving the body you want is tied to 'genetics' because they are too delusional to see the truth themselves. Get out as soon as you can and to not stop improving yourself as of now.

Shrug off the remarks your family makes and start living how you want. If that includes not eating the family lard diner, do it. Cook for yourself, eat what you want, exercise how you want.

Don't argue with the idiots, they will only drag you down to their own level.

Probably has to bench your fat ass mother off him every night

80kg bench press without previous experience?
Thanks, I will

Gee this thread really helped me.

I have one question, when I started working out last week, I have realised my hip area expanded, is that normal?
Nah she's lost about 25kg. I just don't understand why she doesn't want the same for me

That sucks man I know. But as far as lifting goes that's one of the very few things my dad was actually very happy to hear I got into. When I came home and told him I'll start going to the gym he immediately formed a smile and later created a routine for me, told me how to eat, what to do and even bought me proteins and BCAA. He goes to the gym as well and devoted a great portion of his life to sports and physical activities.

As far as other stuff goes he tries to put me down on the regular, but I became immune to his shit so it doesn't really bother me. If I gave a shit about other people's opinions, I wouldn't come very far. Just do your own thing and ignore any negative and mean comments. Don't ignore the constructive and helpful ones tho.

Ah well, maybe that means you have good genetics then. Use their negativity to fuel your gym sessions and prove them wrong

>be me
>18 years old
>6.1 ft, exercising, learning russian, 3.9 GPA, college going; getting life well in order
>totally celibate (voluntarily)
>Father gives mixed signals (when I was your age all I wanted to do was chase pussy and ride boats) etc.
>tried to buy me a Russian whore, somewhat confused when I didn't want

He's ultimately glad with how I'm turning out, but it must be odd for him.

WTF I love your dad user, my dad is not as shitty as op's father but when I started to working out and stuff he always say ironic shit and similarly things.... Until he saw some progress and he told me "your arms looking bigger user" and that's it but for me it was the heavens, god bless your papa and remember we're all goin to make breh

Op here, I feel jealous honestly about the lifting. I never even had good contact with my father as well I guess, he's always at work and when he isn't he likes making me feel embarrassed. Your typical asshole dad I guess.

It's honestly hard enough without all these demotivating comments from them.
I sometimes think I do have good genes. It's hard to see, judging by the fat pieces of shit in my family though

Good on you mate.

Yes he's full of shot. Back when I was still talking to my fat bitch of a mother, shed say similar stuff. It's their own defense mechanisms, they need to justify being fat sacks if shit themselves. If they see you get fit, then they might have to face that the real reason for their own failures was themselves, not some b.s. genetics excuse out of your control. It would also mean they were the monsters that created an unhealthy child, vs. It just being genetics. Once I got thin my mother STILL was blaming "genetics", claiming her and my sis somehow had different genetics. Irony is I was the fat sister all throughout growing up, and I'm the one who got fit as an adult, despite a pcos diagnosis.
Tldr; Basically it's their psychological defense mechanisms at play, protecting their ego is more important than reality and your health

Why do people like this ever get children? Get a abortion or let someone else adopt your kid if you hate them so much. Shit like this always reminds me how great my own parents are.

> "you'll never look the way you want to, it's genetics"
Your old man is right.

Most parents are the opposite though, trying to help their children succeed at a point which they themselves failed.

Maybe OP should have a talk with his fathe

Let me give you some good advice that was never given to me; everyone wants to see you fail, and the only opinion that will ever bring you peace of mind is your own, so value your opinion higher than everyone else's WHILE REMAINING MINDFUL OF THE FACT IT IS ULTIMATELY YOUR OPINION AND LIABLE TO BE WRONG OR INADEQUATE WITHIN CERTAIN CONTEXT.

People will tell you they love you. They will assure you they only want to see you succeed. Parents especially. It's not always a lie but if you'd like to save yourself a metric shit ton of heartbreak just assume it is. That way, at the end of the day, you always have yourself to fall back on.

This post is going to trigger some people. Women and soyboys are gonna get in their feelings over it. But dude, this is just me doing my good deed for the day. Take the hint if you want it. If not, good luck and do you.

Dude wtfonk ur father is a demotivating sack of potatoes. Tell him to get out of that mindstate and excel that genetic is made from how you treat yourself

I don't really know what they're on about. On one side they want me to learn well and be well prepared to enter life, since I'll be going to uni next year, but on the other hand it all feels like such bullshit

Yeah, maybe

Well, my parents want me to succeed job wise, not necessarily in other parts of my life.

Thanks very much

I feel really down with my life right now, I'm failing school, my body and myself.
Hell, I should be happy, I bagged a sweet 16yo gf in a matter of a week, but I feel like something's missing.

all my family is like this. It's even more depressing that my 7yo brother looks like a little piggy nowadays, he even had to go to a doctor since because of the fat he's got back problems. Looks like a pudgy skinny fat piece of shit just like me, except he hasn't been hurt by life yet.

How to type a lot of text without meaning, the post.

You won't look like Brad Pit in Fight Club, probably. But you can be leaner, fitter, and more muscular than you are now. You'll still be you, but a better you.

Yeah, I believe I understood everything the guy had to say, mate. Could have been shorter but whatever

I just want to have no fat and be muscular like a motherfucker

"Genetics define the parameters of what's possible for your body to achieve, dad, but that's no reason one shouldn't strive to become the best possible version of themselves they can be within those parameters."

Jordan Peterson talked about this exact scenario on Joe's podcast the other day. He gave the example that if you live in a shithole and decide one day to start cleaning your room (haha), everyone else in the house will say things like "Why does user think he's so much better than us? Doesn't he like where he lives? What does he mean by cleaning his room? Does he think we are lesser than him?" It sounds like you are going through the exact same thing. My guess is your parents are overweight and unhealthy, and subconsciously they resent you for wanting to improve yourself because they know deep down they should be healthier too and regret not making the same change when they were your age.

OP are you Greek by any chance?

OP isn't a lobster, user.

Then what the fuck are you doing on Veeky Forums? You know the solution to your problems. This isn't some diary or pity party board. You can't live through the reassurance you get here and not actually do it, that won't change. Get off the computer, go run for awhile, get back and do as many push ups and sit ups as you can. Quit feeling bad about yourself or letting the opinions of others influence how you feel about yourself, that's stupid. You don't need to be motivated, you need to be disciplined. Getting fit and achieving goals is all mental. That self-loathing attitude is what's stopping you, not what people say. Let it roll off your shoulders, or you'll be struggling with a lot more than self-image issues later in life.

I tell him that all the time.

That's true I guess. Practically all my family other than my uncle(who is slim and belittled by our family, who'd have thought) are against it all. I have no idea why

Polish, why do you ask?

Oh fuck off. Every thread has this little fag who thinks it'll make him cool to take the piss out of people. I bet you're some normie piece of thrash who never had problems and supportive parents and can't seem to understand that life isn't so easy all the time. I bet also you don't know about how hard it is when you're depressed. I often times don't have the will to wake up. I often want to drive head on into some poor sod that's driving opposite me and pray that I die. Just end it all and stop having all these problems

My self-loathing attitude is what I'm like 24/7

Correct, I'm a weird 18yo fagguet who's lost

Growing up you need to tell your parents to fuck off, and mutually realize that if you don't hate yourself you can't really hate them

I don't think I want to hate them. I don't really know what to think of them honestly. I know they've fucked up a large part of my life.

bump

>ctrl+f
>crabs in a bucket

Once you start improving yourself, the people around you will give you shit for it. Cut them off before they pull you down.

The thing is I didn't even start improving honestly, mainly just dicking around. I feel bad now because of all the shit I reminded of myself. I'm getting overwhelmed with this shit now.

my parents ask me all the time "so are you going to the gym today?"

Learn to filter your influences. If your dad isn't what you want to be, don't take his advice.

Excuses. Stop whining and make changes.
Change starts today.
You aren't special, faggot.

I'm jelly, mine don't.

Even though we live under the same roof I practically don't speak with him. At all. I find Mike Tyson to be more of my influence or even fucking Rocky Balboa.

Another thing I do is box. I don't know if I'm any good at it(I feel as if with time I'm getting worse and worse and that's depressing as well). Guess what, my parents are asking me why I do that and that it's pointless. And it's like this non stop.
I never made them proud, I never even felt like I was wanted. I honestly start to think that I'm an unwanted pregnancy

Fucking neck yourself you moron
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't really care if I rant now anymore. I have tried so many times to do everything and it never worked. I'm tired of it all. The day I'll make a change is when I'll fucking die I guess
I lack the fucking brain power to live, let alone improve

>the first he's heard of crabs in a bucket is from JBP
I bet you think he's smart too.

tell him to fuck off, he’s clearly a weak willed faggot that doesn’t want to be inferior to his kid.

>benches 80 kg (almost certainly not full ROM)
>really strong

>you'll never look the way you want to, it's genetics
wtf is your dad a lookism poster or something? no fucking shit its bullshit what kind of dad even says that lmao

THEY’RE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR GAINS OP GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Don't isolate OP. This is the big problem of today. We isolate and contribute to a positive feedback cycle of depression. Instead, If you want to achieve your goals, surround yourself with the type of people you would like to be like. You know how peer pressure works, sometimes negatively? Maybe you thought you'd never do ____. Turns out you did do _____ because you were with your friends. The same works both in a good way and in a bad way.

You'll never become who you want to be when you do it alone.

>they fuck you up, your mom and dad

- phillip larkin

Parents are.... human. Just because you came from your pops bullsack doesnt make him superman. Hes just a man, with hangups, insecurities and foibles, like everyone else. Maybe he once wanted to get in shape, and his dad told him hes a fat sack of shit and not to bother. Then he keeps that resentment inside, never having ventured, never having given life a go. Always a spectator, never a participant.

You have a choice. Give life a damn good go, or end up like your dad and take out your resentment on your own son 30 years from now. Your choice.