Kettlebells

What is your opinion on kettlebells, personally I never used them.
Are they any good or just some hipster dumbells

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1BS_ZEIX4rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These are good for turkish get ups.

The only exercise I use them for on a weekly basis is the Bulgarian Split Squat, but honestly that can be done with barbells just as easily.

Kettlebell Swing is pretty awesome.

I hate that as a shoulder exercise. I always worry I'm going to throw it halfway across the gym...

What about snatch seems like good way to fuck up a shoulder, I ask because I had already had torn rotator cuff and it seems that the motion seems a bit dangerous.

They are hipster dumbells.
However they handle differently than dumbells so you get a slightly different workout.
If you have access to them go ahead and work them in to your routines but don't bother seeking them out especially.

They nice, but keeping them as the corner stone of your lifting is a bit silly.

Don't do more than you can handle, it's not a low rep movement. Also mind that the weight is supposed to go in more of a up an down movement, rather than back and forth. If you feel like you're about to toss the weight across the room, you're doing it wrong.
Don't try to lift it too high either. It's not really a shoulder exercise, it's more a squat/deadlift accessory.

Honestly, if your shoulder is fucked up, just do very light shoulder exercises to increase your range of motion. A lot of people here will tell you to go all out again, but that's just retarded.

I sprained my knee a few weeks back, and I'm just now returning to my normal weight for deadlift / squat. Sure, it set me back by a week or two, but that's life.

Thats the thing I have been invited in some sort of competition where you are supposed to do shitton of snatches, so the movement hast to be fast and with inertia which seems dangerous to me

FFS they're just more heavy things for you to pick up and put back down. Stop overthinking it.

Well the tear happened a long time ago, are you saying there is no way I can recover fully. It seems fine for the most part.

more core/arms and legs than shoulders, if you can reach for the ceiling with your hand and you feel no shoulder pain you're good to go
if it's american snatch than you probably shouldn't do it, if it's giryevik there are standards to the movement and they should flag you if you do them incorrectly

>if you can reach for the ceiling with your hand and you feel no shoulder pain you're good to go
I am good in that regard

>if it's giryevik there are standards to the movement and they should flag you if you do them incorrectly
Like I said I am not that experienced, but it seems that it's the Russian one considering that I live in ex Soviet country. But can't I fail to stop my arm from swinging in inertia and then hurt myself? People talk like it's a good exercise so I maybe I just being a bitch.

if you can do a russian swing you are not that far off from a snatch
youtube.com/watch?v=1BS_ZEIX4rw

i do pushpress with those

how do you not snap your wrists doing shit like that?

they're alright

>technique
basically at the top of the swing you pull the kb with your shoulder and do a nazi salute than just touch the ceiling with your hand and kb will not slam your wrist instead it will slide on your wrist

kb's are pretty fun honestly. sometimes I like to do a conditioning day where i do as many rounds of 50 swings and 25 burpee's within 20 minutes. they won't get you looking like arnold but they can get you as fit as a cougar.