Is there any merit to this?

Is there any merit to this?

My fear is that I'll read this and just make myself even more autistic and desu I'm not looking to fuck dozens of women but to attract a legitimate girlfriend

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1W3idL_4iCs
youtube.com/watch?v=914tq43XC3M
youtube.com/watch?v=6R96MKufwM4
youtube.com/watch?v=fIaHxQIvy6o
youtube.com/watch?v=3aGnuVpXh0I
youtube.com/watch?v=O3P1jJVMnmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fb4w2y35y1s
youtube.com/watch?v=_EwPGtWaUOE
youtube.com/watch?v=8SwuoDtplfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

outdated

the autism-less version is pic related

It's an interesting read but it's more a history than a how-to. If you want decent material on improvement try Mark Manson's Models. You need to understand that the same tips will work toward both things you stated. It's all about what goals you choose to go after.

Just read that dale Carnegie book instead

The Game and how to get women is comparable to The Wolf of Wall Street and how to get money. I think a good takeaway from The Game is be confident, put yourself in a situation where you can be successful, and do things on your own terms.

Read this and another book when I was 18 and it honestly had a pretty significant impact on my worldview. Kind of an “I really wish I didn’t believe women were really like this” thing.

But there’s a lot of good take aways. All the autistic “sarging” and “dov” shit I ditched but the underlying psychology of it is pretty solid.

That and it is honestly just a pretty good story.

>the autism-less version
>anything remotely PUI
>not autistic

It's a fun read and also this Also what stuck with me is, that confidence with women can be trained, you just have to get over yourself and do it and also don't ever overthink.

>outdated
This.
>It's a fun read
And this.

i was deep into the book before i stopped reading it. It just out of nowhere when he started talking about those two thots he was hitting on at the bar and said the sister stupid shit.

After i read it, it was like something clicked and realized that its more personal jackoff material for himself. Kind of took me out of it after that

I'd imagine I'll run into a lot of that sure

But was there anything in the book that actually helped I wonder?

honestly, this. all The Game does is tell you to act really confident, just fucking approach people and start a dialogue. Everything in between making that one point a couple hundred times is utter fiction that collapses under an ounce of scrutiny. How To Win Friends and Influence People at least gives you examples of how to apply those exact same principles to business as well.

Carnegie tells you to be a nice genuine kind listener beta cuck
His book is aimed at salesmen not PUAs

Models covers the same ground, makes a lot of good points and is generally less cringy about it.

this book is for soyboys who need to trick stupid women into sleeping with them by wearing ridiculous clothing like fuzzy tophats and shit. waste of time.

don't you wanna be fucking cool like these people?

>shit

I refuse to believe that any of these gremlins have ever touched a woman

>Carnegie tells you to be a nice genuine kind listener beta cuck

Except that listening is what gets you friends, and is what gets you laid.

>listening is what gets you friends, and is what gets you laid

give me some Veeky Forums approved reads brehs

How to win friends is an instruction manual on how to be a doormat for men, and a beta male orbiter to women.

PUA is a jewish scam and (((Neil Strauss))) is one of them.
Pic related is an ebook that taught me more about women and their nature than PUA shit. But it is not really about picking up girls but how to manage your GF/wife. It boils down: she will only (continue to) have sex with you, if she thinks you could fuck another girl without too much effort - BUT you choose her and that makes her wet.

How long did wait to use that picture?
You clearly don't realize that having friends is the easiest way to get laid, and you're not going to have a lot of friends if all you do is talk over everyone all the time.

Then again I'm probably talking to the wrong person

cant be arsed to formulate a smart reply for a numale like you so I'll just call you a fag
fag

Main Kampf
SEIGE

That was always my problem with The Game. The whole peacocking mindset and how they apply it trough the way they dress/look is heavily oriented towards impressing dumb cali thots. Try wearing that kind of shit in a city where people actually have taste (Milan, Paris...) than tell me how many girls you get.

Can we get a PUA essential reading list?

>No more Mr. Nice Guy
>Models
>Some stuff from Conquer your Campus
>Some stuff from the sidebar of /r/theredpill (but don't read threads, unless you want to cringe

Honestly the two first books are enough, and if you read to much you just start overcomplicating things. It is like lifting: You can read endless theories about rep ranges and best exercises and shit, but you won't get good unless you actually try stuff for yourself

Not reading /r/theredpill sidebar? What are you some kind of beta cuck that wants to be divorce raped?

That is the thing. That style only worked (if it worked) because he lived in California and was an aspiring magician. Recently he has toned his image down a lot.

I don't know any women who are like that. I have never met a woman who I got into bed by making her jealous of other girls. Unless you're dating girls with the mentality of a 5 year old, that shit is bogus.

It isn't 2012 anymore. This shit is a joke. Be confident, be nice, and be persistent. And take a shower and wear deodorant and do your laundry. Literally be the most basic version of a responsible adult and you will get girls.

PUAs dont get laid

Worst kept secret in the "community". No, really, they do not get laid. The ones that do either havent figured out that their results are mostly just "stone flipping" as they say (i.e approaching hundreds maybe even thousands of women to find the handful of ones who are receptive to you) or they have figured it out and slowly but quietly disappeared from the "community" as they bitterly realize what a waste of time all the embarrassing nonce shit was.

The rest of the industry is made up of people who have been exposed for fraud; literal hired actresses with scripted interactions for their "infield" footage they use to hook gullible, desperate, lonely men in.

To date, PUA has never been demonstrated to be better than placebo or regular dating advice. The value it has is in convincing anxious and shy men that there is a "system" that will eventually work, so they commit to approaching and riding out the many rejections they are sure to encounter. A great many deal of these "gurus" were challenged to experiments, and of course, pretended like nothing happened. Some of them genuinely know they are scam artists, others sincerely believe they have "skills" when it comes to women but are curiously not confident enough to put it to the test.

PUA forums are full of keyboard warriors and LARPers. Most notoriously of all is the roosh v forum, and its often a great comedy when someone suggests or outright accuses roosh v forumites of lying or exaggerating, you can tell its true from the fast, vitriolic wave of angry responses. This is particularly the case with "race" fantasy posters: these are posters who belong to races that are widely known to struggle greatly with attracting women globally, but on the forum they will write up fantastic tale of threesomes and club bathroom anal with 18 yos in countries where it is extremely unlikely for this to happen to a good looking rich white male, let alone a short asian or indian male.

Alright, I see these threads pop up occasionally and every time it's full people saying the same things about the autistic minutia of PUA, and every time I think we must have read completely different books.

I read The Game years ago, so maybe my memory of it is incorrect, but my recollection is that it's not even a manual or how-to of any of the shit those guys where devoting their lives to. I read it as a story of one of many unhappy and impressionable (but not stupid) men who latched onto this cult thinking it held the answers to their problems. Strauss got so deep into it that he surrounded himself with other guys all doing the same thing, all young men who had defined their ideas of success so narrowly, and were so devoted to its pursuit that they didn't seem to notice when it was making them miserable and dysfunctional. The whole last section of the book is about him realizing that he wants a genuine connection to another human being and that "game" has taught him only how to sabotage it.

Did nobody else interpret it that way?

Sure showed me lel

thats literally what it is. Nobody remembers that because they were all too caught up in the hype fad of "omg sekrit system to get girls!" (spoilers: mystery is a 6'5 tall white guy with a good looking face, and neil strauss was a writer for the rolling stone who would obnoxiously make sure every girl in a 100 yard radius knew it. The HB10s 9s and 8s mentioned in the book actually look more like 5s and 6s in reality - just check the pictures from that era.)

It was really a tale of very neurotic fucked up individuals becoming even more neurotic, obsessive and maladjusted as a result of their activities.

The game is not a technical manual at all, although it obviously familiarizes its readers with some of the concepts for the sake of the narrative.

True, but had he not played the Game in the first place he wouldn't have the opportunities or the confidence to end up with the girl that made him want to quit the Game

There is a TV reportage in german where one self-claimed pick up artist is tested. And he scores not at all and is mocked by the camera crew.

youtube.com/watch?v=1W3idL_4iCs
youtube.com/watch?v=914tq43XC3M

So the consensus I'm getting is that it is all autistic shit and not worth my time

What's in the models book?

The realest Red Pill right here.

So what you're saying is literally nobody ever gets laid, except perfect 10/10 male models

Don't read books, just go out and experiment. I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and got so enticed with it that it took me several years to shake off the garbage advice in that book.

The whole book boils down to:
>listen closely to whoever you're talking with
>give them full attention
>this is supposed to earn their respect
I did that and all it did was people used me as their private dumpster for words because they knew I'd listen and once they were done they'd talk with somebody else. You don't connect with people by listening to them, it's actually the opposite, you need to talk about yourself.

That’s the point, there’s nothing PUA at all about Models. It really boils down to: learn to be a balanced human being. A balanced healthy person is an attractive one.

Sounds obvious, but man the details are so darn good!

yeah theres a bunch like this. The challenges i referred to were actually laid out to be more scientifically rigorous (control groups and what not) but of course nobody who is involved in the business side of PUA was going to touch it, they have everything to lose and not that much to gain since the people who buy PUA workshops and ebooks and videos and what not, are fanatical in their belief so they're already committed customers.

> the sun is hot
> the ocean is wet

You realise the point you're making is the equivalent of pointing at Jason Genova and Big Lenny and saying "see, lifting weights doesn't give you a better body, just look at these"

Does it not occur to you that there are simply bad pickup artists

youtube.com/watch?v=6R96MKufwM4
youtube.com/watch?v=fIaHxQIvy6o
youtube.com/watch?v=3aGnuVpXh0I
youtube.com/watch?v=O3P1jJVMnmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fb4w2y35y1s
youtube.com/watch?v=_EwPGtWaUOE

How do refute the mountains of evidence of pickup actually working?

Let me guess, just like the 300 pound landwhale, you believe everything in life is determined by genetics, you can't get laid, you were born thatway , there's nothing you can do to improve it, because if the contrary were true, you would be in trouble, because that would mean you would actually have responsibility. It's easier to say "oh I'm stuck this way" as an excuse to be lazy and feel better about your mediocrity.

Sure, and it's also unlikely that he, or you, or myself would be where we are today had we spent any period of our lives differently than how we did. I don't think that there's anything inherent to PUA culture itself that led to him growing enough as a person that he was able to move past it and ended up with, among other things, a beautiful girl. Like said, he's also a successful writer, an intelligent guy, and he has plenty of drive. You mention his confidence as a result of game, I would argue that any exposure to to new people, new places, and new experiences can get you the same result. Not in every case (and certainly not in every case of somebody practicing PUA), but that's down more to the individual.

pickup is just another way of saying "i can't form real relationships and/or i don't value human dignity but i want sex so how can i be a good sexual predator?" basically you don't need women you need a fucking life and you need proper values, yeah you can learn a bunch of hacks to help you get women to fuck you but that isn't going to make you happy.

I never said that all. Learn to read.

I said that PUA has never been demonstrated to be better than placebo, and the few "success" stories in the community (that arent just outright scammers/frauders) sadly dont seem to be aware of how much of their "game" boils down to spam approaching women until they get a bite.

And yes, looks matter. A lot. Find a PUA who admits this and you've probably found one of the few honest ones in the community.

A 5'6 balding paki is not going to get the same results as a 6'0 above average looking white male. Well in reality anyway, the fantasy land of pua forums and "field reports" that read like bad erotic fiction very obviously typed with one hand wrapped around cock is a different dimension.

There is some good practical advice and tips and the book helped me nab phone numbers and my 1st (only) girlfriend. It's a good read but in 2017 you will be arrested for doing some of the stuff they do.

> mountains of evidence
> posts videos from a group that has been exposed for hired actresses, even brazenly reusing an actress as a new girl in multiple scenes

state of PUA fanatics. If you havent cottoned on that RSD is the most successful scam business in the industry yet, you either havent looked beyond the surface or you're hopelessly desperate.

have +10 experience in PU,
this indeed might make you more authistic but it might help you also
if you want to not be authistic you can go with RSD, start with transformations by RSD tyler on torrent as basis and then just choose whatever products by rsd you feel persuades you most

not him, but post evidence

This is so false, I game in Sydney and I’m pulling the more girls than chad. Learn Game

People want what they can’t have. Half of the shit applies to men too.

One quote is something like “to win a girl you can’t be afraid to lose her” and that rings true for pretty much every relationship I’ve been in.

believing scripted TV shows is just as retarded as believing internet larpers on the redpill reddit lmao

Charlie Manson literally used How to Win Friends to build his cult dumbass

This one is the better one. The Game was interesting to read, but it really is filled with a lot of ridiculous hooplah. I only read the first few chapters of Models, but it was 1000x better. The guy is kind of preachy and full of himself, but damn if he doesn't make some good points that make you step back and take a look at the way you approach social interaction.

I also found a website that really helped. The spam filter won't let me post the url, but the domain is shynesssocialanxiety with a com at the end. The guy is clearly a faggot trying to push his book, but there are a lot of free articles on here aimed at those of us who are basically autistic. It hit home like a motherfucker, and many of the points (not all) are laid out pretty well.

its a good book with plenty of interesting and funny parts, but the message you should take from it is that you need to be more confident and just be yourself and fail one thousands times until you make it. all the NLP tricks and mind games is really for losers. you don't need those OP, just make her laugh

Ayy where in Sydney are some good spots to pick up brah?

Also how did you learn game?

Tyler durden is a balding 5'9 manlet yet gits tons of pussy thanks to his game

Tyler is a fraud too, and he’s a creepy weirdo. JMULV exposed him and the company recently. Even before that it was clear to me that the content they were dumping out wasn’t meant to fix anything and usually made shit worse for autistic losers.

If you want to get girls, just make female friends and fuck their friends. It’s that easy, in this system getting friendzoned is ideal and sometimes the girl that friendzoned you will get jealous and fix you just because you fucked her entire friend group, it’s how girls are.

I'm gonna give you fags my method for getting #s. I'm an autist, so this should be applicable. It helps me because it basically confirms that they aren't creeped out by you and are somewhat receptive to you approaching them before you actually have to full on commit

>Put yourself in as many situations as possible with strangers (public transportation, bars, book stores, concerts, whatever)
>If social event preferably have a friend or group so you don't look like an autist. If not, just pretend you're new in town if asked.
>Start making eye contact with literally everyone.
>Actively try to catch people's eyes with yours when out and about
>When someone makes eye contact with you, smile
>If they don't smile back, move on
>If they are qt and smile back (maybe like 1/10 people will) look away. If they aren't qt, end here, but keep the ritual up with randos for practice.
>Keep them in your peripheral. If interested, they will likely do the same. If not, they will probably try to look every way but towards you
>5 seconds of this, look at them again. Stare for at most 20 seconds or so, until they look at you. If they don't, stop here.
>If they do, and once again return your smile, wave autistically
>About every 1/10 will return the wave
>At this point, walk up to her, introduce yourself
>About 1/2 of the people who have made it this far should be reasonably excited that you came over. If not, just make a bit of small talk and then leave
>If so, ask them their name, what they are doing today. Then ask them a question about that.
>Don't linger. At this point ask them if they'ed like to get coffee sometime. They almost certainly will say yes. Assuming they do, have them take your number down (less risk for them = more likely to do it.)

>Not following the greatest pick up artist of all time: Trex.

youtube.com/watch?v=8SwuoDtplfU

>Milan, Paris
>taste
Literally spat out my drink. There's even an official sickness Asians get when they come to Paris and realize that it's complete shit and everything they've learned about it is a lie.

>Let me guess, just like the 300 pound landwhale, you believe everything in life is determined by genetics, you can't get laid, you were born thatway , there's nothing you can do to improve it, because if the contrary were true, you would be in trouble, because that would mean you would actually have responsibility. It's easier to say "oh I'm stuck this way" as an excuse to be lazy and feel better about your mediocrity.
Strawman

I agree with this mostly, 4 of the 5 best-looking girls I've fucked I met through female friends, but if you're a complete turbo-autist you should probably get some learning experience with strangers. You don't want to fuck up so bad that you get a rep.

>Basically is "I'm an insecure beta I never talk to girls"
>puts on a persona trying to be confident
>ask 100 girls outs
>get laid a couple of times
>OMG THIS SHIT REALLY WORKS
It's a mental crutch to make you "go for it"

The theme of The Game is that dishonesty (the bait and switch at the core of PUA at the time) will always back-fire. You're better off reading the other books mentioned in this thread and if you want a deeper understanding of the evo-psych then read "The Evolution of Desire" by Dr. David M. Buss.

Short answer: no

long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooo