Is Keto a meme? What are the benefits of eliminating carbs from one's diet?

Is Keto a meme? What are the benefits of eliminating carbs from one's diet?

Any benefits vary from person to person, since it's individual.
Carbs make me tired and drowsy. I sleep 10 hours/day when eating carbs and 5 hours/day when restricting carbs to about 100 gram/day or less.

February is bulk-month so currently eating lots of carbs but I don't really like the side effects.

Your body switches over to your natural fat stores for energy
Then starts breaking down muscle in a process called gluconeogenesis

Pro tip, keto is probably only useful if you're already super lean and need a short term cut just to preserve muscle. If you're Veeky Forums average or fatter just count calories and get enough protein.

It removes your cravings, that's it. I went a week without carbs and was never really hungry afterwards. I even fasted for a while since it seemed easy. After I started eating carbs again for those amazing energy gains, the cravings are back.

>Your body switches over to your natural fat stores for energy
That's not keto, that's just what happens when you eat less food.

Thank you, i was wondering about that.

don't low carb diets fuck-up your t-levels?

I don't think it's legal to make these kinds of claims about keto.
>first benefit is heart health
kek

if you consume less than 50 grams of net carbs a day, your body doesn't have anything to convert to glycogens. this is when you start burning body fat and producing ketones. basically your body creates its own sugar from fat, instead of you getting it from breaking down carbs and spiking your blood sugar and insulin levels

and if u want to use it first educate, keto acids are good but in a long term with to low carbs intake it can lead to acidosis which can be really bad for your health

I don't feel bloated when I eat a lot of food. Just comfortably full. My energy levels are more balanced throughout the day and I don't suffer from a crash in the late afternoon like I always used to.

I've been eating at a surplus but sticking to keto foods, so I have been gaining weight but it feels better than bulking on carbs.

Pretty much this. Cutting down on carbs has made me more active.

Wasn't this called the Atkins Diet like 15 years ago?

Carbs are essential for gains, keto is one massive MEME

Carbs aren't essential for gains but lack of them will lessen the amount you can lift due to the lack of glycogen for explosive power in your muscles

That's what I was getting at, I've gotta say, I was underweight as fuck, barely ate anything. After I started hitting a surplus with lots of carbs , I gained ~6lb just from glycogen replenishment and lifts bounced up by at least 30%

Keto is only useful for those below 8% bf and looking to get extremely dry and shredded, otherwise you're wasting your time

>He still believes that fats are bad for the heart.

Girls_laughing.png

It can reduce seizure frequency to near zero in people with de vivo's disease without the need for medication.

Don't do keto if you are a grill on birth control. High fat diet plus higher estrogen from the birth control is a formula for a fucked up gallbladder.
t. Guy with a tall (6ft) and lean gf who got lean through two months of keto but then had to have her gallbladder removed four months later because of two fuckhuge stones.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure it was shit on cuz at the time we had the old school food pyramid that said like 80% of our food intake should be from carbs.