Greyskull or SS

What would you choose for a beginning routine?

stop posting this fucking pic before i fucking lose it

Upper/Lower split

SS for sure.

SS for legit like 1-3 months so you learn which side of a barbell goes up and what weights do.

and then?

From SS go to TM

>What would you choose for a beginning routine?
lift.

Reddit said this is better than SS

All in all very similar. Basically comes down to whether you prefer flexibility or simplicity. If you're a total noob I'd go with the simple option (SS). Less chance of fucking up.

>reddit

>bench every workout

>rebbit

So is it okay to stick to Greyskull?

They're very similar just not deadlifting every workout with some accessories

SL 5x5

That routine is hot garbage.
Doesn't really matter between SS or greyskull youll get around about the same results. Maybe slightly better progression on greyskull since there's less volume

SS, because that's what I actually chose.

it's OK to do any of them. SS is the most intense and will give marginally better results, but in reality the effect of choosing one over the other is completely negligible compared to the effect of user error. By user error I mean that beginners won't eat correctly, will fuck up the form, they'll skip workouts, they'll add a bunch of exercises not in the routine, they'll go out drinking in the weekends and so on. Choice of novice routine matters so very little compared to all these other choices.

>15 lb jumps for squat
>10 lb jumps for bench while benching everyday
Have fun with your plateau before you even finish Week B.

Reading comprehension ain't your strong point is it?

lmao "the virgin bench everyday readit routine"

SS (in the last phase) per week:

Squat: 2x + 1x 80%
Bench: 1.5x
Press: 1.5x
Chin: 1.5x
Deads: 0.75x
Pclean: 0.75x
GHR: 1.5x

GSLP per week (at least if you do >reddit's variant)

Squat: 2x
Bench: 1.5x
Press: 1.5x
Chin: 1.5x
Deads: 1x
Rows: 1.5x

It doesn't really matter? They have literally exact same upper body work (if you swap pclean with rows, which 90% of people do), so if you were gonna turn trex on SS, it's gonna happen on gslp too. The AMRAPs, it's maybe 1-2 extra reps with shitty form, I doubt it's gonna change a lot. All the reasons that reddit brings up to shit on SS and SL apply to GSLP too, they're 90% identical.

You alternate between OHP..

Right?

do PPL. it has changed my life after 3 years of working out.

This is literally just SL 5x5 with squats and bench switched. How retarded

Do I need to add isolated exercises like calf raises or cable pushdowns or it's already a complete routine?

what a shitty routine do ss

hmm, should i choose the original program, or ...
should i choose the ripoff of it, which was created by a guy who himself actually did the original program, participated on the original program's forum, who calls himself some moronic /coping/ "ultra-masculine" pseudonym, who named his program after a kid's cartoon from the 80s, and who built his own physique with roids and had a roids section of his own forum (which was also named some serious /coping/ shit)?

not that it matters much, because you shouldn't be on a beginning program for more than a couple of months of your lifting career anyways

nigga my heart, fuck off

Yeah "johnny pain" is a faggot but I've been on GSLP for 5 weeks now and am really liking the AMRAP Sets as well as the daily pushups/chins

don't you like me user?