Just hit the 1 in 1/2/3/4, did I fuck up somehow or is it normal to hit the OHP first?

Just hit the 1 in 1/2/3/4, did I fuck up somehow or is it normal to hit the OHP first?

Normal

it depends

probubly normal. i never "hit" ohp. 1st day at the gym i did it. so officially i hit 2 plate bench 1st.

Only normal if you're a fucking midget with 7 inch long arms.

Normal, 135 is relatively easy, still, congrats on the progress

This was the case for me as well. 3 plate on Squat was next. Then 2 plate bench. 4 plate DL is this year.

Depends, I hit 4 then 3 but still have yet to hit 1 and 2

>ana
stahp postan

Why? Afraid you're gonna cave in and break your NoFap?

I hit 1 plate ohp when my bench is at 70kg
deadlift is at 120kg

looks weird here desu

personally hit 2>3>1>4 in that order. ohp is hard when you use actual strict form with pause

>1 rep
>pause

This happened to me too since I lack some grip strength in my left arm because of a childhood injury, which makes deadlifts and bench a bit tougher than normal.

>he thinks 1/2/3/4 is 1RMs

I hit 1-4-3-2

height dependent
1pl8 overhead press is much harder for somebody who is 6'4

It is

I'm 6'1

>it is
Found the DYEL

At least you dont count the bar, right?

How is it possible to hip 1 plate before 2 on bench?

HOw much of a chestlet are you?

>he doesn't pause for 5 to 10 seconds in the middle of each rep

never gonna make it

>tfw you plateau at 90lb bench

IT'S FOR FIVE YA GUY

STOP IT IM GOING TO BLOW MY LOAD AND ITS ONLY DAY 6 AAAAAAA

I'm at 1plate ohp and only lmao3plate deadlift with my squat looking like it's going to surpass that soon. I find it really difficult to get a thicker core and lumbar. Gonna work on it.

>1 pl8
>135
He counts the bar

Its for five, you dummy.

OHP is meant to be 65% of your bench for a normal person. Most people will hit 60kg OHP while on 85-90kg bench.

I could ohp 60kg for reps long before I could bench 100kg for reps.

It isn't

Wait that's what 1/2/3/4 means?

Holy shit I thought it meant X OHP/2X BP/3X Squat/4X DL

60/0.65 is around 92.5 kg, the ratio is ok but 85-90 is too low.

I hit 2pl8 bench way before 1pl8 ohp, but hit both bretty quick after starting liftan

Im on 120kg bench now but only 65kg ohp, but desu I like that

When people say 1/2/3/4 do they mean you have to squat 3 plates parallel or atg?

Don't mind me boys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Squat 3 plates below parallel for 5 (five) reps

90% of this shit board couldn't manage that.

>that man jaw

what man jaw? nigga u ghey or something?

Those tit physics

Ya dun fucked up. It's for 5 reps

more clips like this?
need more data for my physics engine

I hit 1pl8 for a 3x5, but I can't get past a 3x3 215 bench. How did you guys get past 215?

is it 3 total or 3 a side?

memes aside, it is actually for five

I hit 1 and I'm not even a little close to 2 3 or 4
>tfw shitty back makes squatting heavy nearly impossible

>just came back from a failed attempt at 2pl bench
gt
>been lifting for slightly over a year
>can lift 1.75pl for 5-10reps on a good day
>go from 1.5plx5 after a 1min brake into a 2pl
>lift it off and feel like i cant lift it past my normal bench lockout
>ohshit.png
>go for it anyways cuz im not a pussy
>touch chest
>oh fuck ... i cant move
>bail it on my abs
>not a smart idea
>spend a solid 10sec having 100kg on my lower ribcage/abs
>pain is intense, like giving birth or getting round house kicked in the abs (for a solid 10sec)
>rerack and crawl of the side
>been 2hrs still feel the pain
i think im retarded attempting stupid shit like that after coming of a 5day fast and barely eating anything at all afterwards

It's for one rep. There's zero (0) people on this board who could OHP 1pl8 for five reps. The only guy at my gym who has done it is a roided out 6'5 tall nigger.

>being this dyel

>There's zero (0) people on this board who could OHP 1pl8 for five reps.
i just got back from doing exactly that. Actually it was 50kg for 8 as a warm up then 3 sets of 5 @ 60kg. Then 1 rep of 65. Then i tried and failed at 70kg

>3 pl8
>heavy

why would anyone lie on the internet
but seriously, i hit 1pl like 4months after starting to lift- and yes that is for 5 and im not even strong. I just focused on the technique of the lift and how to contort my body around the bar and the movement and also priorities getting those numbers up which stalled other lifts due to fatigue

i have the same problem, 1pl and 2pl doesnt feel heavy at all but 3 and 4 feels like suicide, i can do 2pl squat for 5 reps even though i already hit 1ohp and 2bench and close to 3pl deadlift.

Damn I’ve been plateauing at 130 thanks for making my night better, chestlet

fuck man that was not smart

>after a 1min brake

>resting for 1 min
>brake not break

literal retard

Can someoen explain this 1/2/3/4 meme to me.
t. Veeky Forumslet

1>2>4>3 was my order.

are you saying 1min is too much ? bro im doing 3x5 why the fuck would i rest for 30sec then go, also excuse me english schoolar with a postgrad professorate on internet etiquet that i didnt bother to spell check a post on a mongolian ice skatting site

There are people who think that 1/2/3/4 is for single reps? That wouldn't be impressive at all. Working sets of 5 are around 80% of the 1RM, so here's what OP thinks is 1/2/3/4.
>5 reps 108 lb OHP
>5 reps of 180 lb Bench
>5 reps of 252 lb squat
>5 reps of 328 lb deadlift

a-are you counting the bar user

It sounds nice and round, literally this is the only reason it exists. You've got the essence of it down already: it's a meme.

no, im saying its not enough

i feel im really relaxed after a min and a half and i almost lose focus of the lift
1 min is usually enough especially since 1.5is so low for me and not too close to my 5rm so i recovered faster

Thank god, because I am at like 1/2/3/4 x 0.5. life of a manlet, weightlet (5'8" x 140lb).

How to gain weight?

>believing Veeky Forums standards come to elite level strength levels
I remember the thread that image came from
>contorting body
>turns OHP into incline bench
Into the trash

Track your calories consumed. Pretty God damn easy.

I bet he's not even taking into account atmospheric pressure

no retard, i moved my head which is part of my body around the bar to create a fluent motion that does not affect the tragectory of the bar

Is that image you? I sense a lot of compensation in this post.

>thinks someone describing/adapting and learning the movement of over head press is somehow making it to be fucking "incline BENCH", fucking BENCH
>calls other people projecting for their intillectual insecurity
how much COPE in one single post can you show next ?

New here, wtf is 1/2/3/4?

post your body
I bet you're a dyel shit e-statter

you're a retard, start with the bar (20kg) on any beginners program and you should be able to hit OHP for 1pl8 for reps in about 8 weeks if you're doing it properly.

Any number of complete reps at
135 lb Barbell OHP/ 225 Flat Barbell Bench/ 315 lb Back Squat/ 405 lb Deadlift

no you wouldn't lmao. I think posts like these are made by people who don't even lift. Go ahead, post your body, bet you have sub 16" arms

I did my maths wrong, I didn't halve it properly so I meant to say about 16 weeks. Point still stands.

yeah sure, assume a 5 lbs+ increase after every session on the most mechanical disadvantageous lift of the 4. You have no training experience, prove us wrong by posting your body. Fucking e-statters always turn out to have shit form and be dyel at the end

>being this unironically weak to think that 1plx5 is remoetly close to anything above a begginer/intermideat lifter who's been going to the gym for a max of 4months
jesus christ how old/weak are you to think 1pl is an e-stat in any dimention ?

>doesn't post body
I strict press above 1.5pl8
you are a confirmed dyel twink lmao, keep backing out

>the guy who thinks OHP is somewhat or remotelly close to incline or fucking BENCH, FUCKING BENCH in any way is now claiming to be an intermediate/advanced lifter
>also le prove you are lifting X weight, hahah you didnt post pic you are shit hahaha (doesnt post pics of himself and his phisique in retort, and continues to e-stat himself to be above 1pl)
hahahahhahahas

I'm not that guy, I'm calling you out RIGHT NOW you little chickenshit after seeing your newfaggy little posts. I bet you have abhorrent form on the press, it's also why you probably still look like shit and can't get close to 2/3/4 on the other ones. 4 months, while possible (especially for short armed manlets), is nowhere near average progress (especially when starting from the fucking bar), you'd know that if you actually trained at a gym
arms@6'5", 1.5/3/5/6

removed file because this twink doesn't respond and tries to fap to my picture. also, actually at ~1.7/3/5/6 or so, my bad

i can guarantee i've been here longer then you nu-freind, also the first ohp session i had i lifted 30kg for 10reps with no problem, do you know why ? because i had functional shoulders that i used for bodyweight training for my whole life unlike americunts who either play sports and live a life or nerds who play video games all their childhood then come to Veeky Forums and bitch in >that feels threads, i did sports as a kid.
After 4months of actually starting gym i could do 1pl with no problem (was for 2-3reps but it was strict military press non the less).
Also i started @100kg and 5"9 (when i was 16) so the weight was definatly a benefactor to my fast ohp progress

There he is. There he goes again

Look everyone he posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?? Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again post your little "He counts the bar" and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass so you just post it. I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you post it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor. But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums shitposting about counting the bar. Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic dyel fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is ">COUNTING THE BAR"

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

>overweight manlet with stubby arms makes faster pressing progress than an actual grown male
really makes you ponder. I give 6 months to the dedicated trainee with an average 170-200 lbs physique and proper genetics to hit all 1/2/3/4 for a single, and that is decent progress compared to what I actually see in the gym - Veeky Forums is in general e-stat city (and look at the Veeky Forums census, 3/4 of the board is sub 1/2/3/4 for 1rm)

im and can solemnly gurantee you that in no way do i take pride in a fucking 1pl ohp, in any way i feel like a pussy since most people on here say that most men achieve it on their first time at the gym (who had an active childhood) and also people who claim to do 2pl for 10reps while natty, i mean i consider myself weak with stats of 1/2/2/3 after 7-8months of actual lifting (which took about 1 and 1/2 ears counting all the pauses).
i was really overweight @16 but that helped my stats in everything except pullups which i only recently started doing with adittional weight.

>7-8 months of actual lifting (which took about 1.5 years counting all the pauses)
stop doing that faggot. Might as well only count the hours you actually spent at the gym lifting (~10 per week) so you can get even more impressive times
>who claim to do 2pl8 for 10 reps while natty
here's the thing, claim. 2pl8 for a single is the equivalent to a 150-160 kg bench, and how often do you see that shit? 2pl8 for 10, that's getting close to a 3pl8 1RM which is on the level of world class weightlifters (who aren't natty). Protip: don't believe everything posted on the internet. The biggest legit presser who actually posted vids of his feat on here was in the realms of a 260-270 or so strict (no chase-form) press

>muh height makes lifting hard
It all depends on your leverages. You can be tall with stubby arms or short with long arms relative to your height. I swear lanklets instantly blame their height as soon as a lift starts getting hard.
And if you're 6'4, 1pl8 should be babyweight compared to your bodyweight, so it shouldn't be that hard.

1 plate is 45 pounds not 135

bro... im crying now. why are neets so disregarded.

>stop counting time you actually spent at the gym
im not saying that because i took DAYS or even weeks of, i took breaks of literall months upon months and procrastinated over a period of time where i did not even touch weights so i doubt it effects my actual progress since i wasnt actually building mass then, and i remove all the brake periods then i have been lifting in months not years
For example if i started lifting in 2015 and am still lifting in 2018 while taking a year and a couple months break would it not be ok for me to say that the total amount of time that i was doing my routine for was 2years ? Just because i started a year and a half ago doesnt meen i've been lifting for that long nigger
> 2pl8 for a single is the equivalent to a 150-160 kg bench
there are asian twinks on youtube right now that the pressTM 2pl and bench barelly over 2pl, its not a direct corrllation of strength and muscle density in different areas of a person's body. You think an obese manlet like me at 16 couldnt have reached 30kg on his first day at the gym and then 1pl in less then a year of training when i was raised doing calisthenics and play multitude of sports ? I was just better at that movement and more muscle density which allowed for a smoother progress especially since its easier for fatties to lift heavier but for example i started stalling HARD when i cut down to 80kg and now am around 86

>compared to your bodyweight
sorry, but you first say that people instantly blame their height, then go bring up the bodyweight argument which is just as unbased. especially on the press, bodyweight barely influences it (main mover delts/arms + core bracing). You're right though, It's all about leverages here, i.e. how long your arms are and lanklets tend to usually have longer arms on a total scale.

mfw hit 3 plate sqiddly and about to hit 4 pla8 diddly before bench and ohp