>2018
>not jumping rope
Literally the easiest way to get shredded if you hate running

Other urls found in this thread:

buyjumpropes.net/boxers-training-rope/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i cant jump rope. It just gets tangled in my feet and I end up tripping

you need a better rope m8

That's loser talk! I CAN OVERCOME THIS ROPE!
Really though, fucking crossovers. As if I didn't feel shitty enough about my down sydrome ass' lack of coordination.

What am I a rabbit? Fuck you and your rope

I honestly never learned how to properly jump rope as a kid. I also didn't learn several other things
>hulahoop
>blow bubbles with gum
>properly play soccer
>flip on a trampoline and land on feet
>any other dive into a pool thats not a cannonball
>ride a bike without sitting on the seat or without handlebars

>Literally the easiest way to get shredded
Wrong. I literally used to jump rope for years and the result is subpar compared to actually sprinting for sets.

>flip on a trampoline and land on feet
Literally everyone but me could do this, I could only land on my ass.

feels bad

wtf did your parents intentionally deprive you of this or were you just too clumsy? im honestly flabbergasted

Im too fat to jump rope

my parents were unironically beta soy

sorry user. move out if you havent done so already, and learn those little things. its easy, a lot of fun, and never too late.

any parent that doesn't teach their kids how to ride a bike should be shot

>I could only land on my ass
I would always land on my neck or back. After I landed on my neck too many times I would give it a couple weeks before trying again

I had a weird/fucked up childhood, and it caused me to not have many friends to hang out with and practice or learn that kind of shit

I can ride a bike. I just can't do it while standing on the pedals or with my ass up in the air. I also didn't learn until I was almost 11, so that probably didn't help

you just extend your knees dude

I can't balance for shit when I do that

if you actually care you could do a warm up on an exercise bike next time you go to the gym, two birds with one stone

But if it's balanced for me, doesn't that defeat the purpose of learning the proper balance?

but how do you ride uphill then

>blow bubbles with gum

Kek, I bet you can't whistle either.

My gym crush skips rope and she is really good

Not him
>Learned to whistle late but am pretty good now...atleast in my head
>Still can't snap fingers

Very poorly, which is why I stopped biking to school when I left the flatness of Florida

I couldn't whistle for the longest time, but I can now (though can't do that finger whistle thing)

I dunno man, I'm not a professional, you just have to pump the pedals while keeping your center of mass over the bike, if you cant do that while standing on a bike my first instinct was to tell you to do it on a stationary bike because jerking your body around isn't terribly efficient and you'd probably stop doing it on your own anyway

Recommended a rope so i can stop stealing my daughter's 10 dollar piece of cord

literally go to the hardware store and buy some cheap, soft cord. cut to length, knot the ends and center and you're good to go

buyjumpropes.net/boxers-training-rope/

Even costs less than $10.

There's, unfortunately, a number of problems and I haven't yet come up with a solid solution. I wanted to be able to ride my bike to my new school, but I live in a steep, hilly area with both shitty construction all the time and fucking awful drivers. I tried to build up endurance to practice more on a stationary bike at the gym, but having it balanced for me felt fucked up and that I was messing up my form. It's probably not as bad as I think it is, but I haven't practiced all that in awhile

great way to have lacerations all over your body

Jumping rope on pavers fucked gave me knee issues for a while. Just a warning invest in some padding.

you gotta bend your knees bro

>tfw I had to teach myself how to ride a bike after barely missing a tree going downhill 25 mph since my mom pushed me
>tfw I had to learn how to ride a bike out of necessity or I could've went to the ER that day

Th-thanks mom...

I'm never going to get that 100 jump rope moon in Mario Odyssey. My best is only 51.

why did your mom push you down a hill?

I did the glitch for that star

I've boxed and done MMA and I'm so shit at jumping rope coaches literally dont even make me do it during warmups anymore. I just jog in place or some shit.

Im good at other footwork drills but fuck me something about that rope has me messed up mentally. Bums me out too cause it looks badass and is a good piece of equipment to bring to the gym as a warmup. My brain just cant comprehend it.

its never too late to learn, user
don't let the little things in life pass you by

just practice at home

Ive been thinking about it. Only think stopping me is its a small apartment with all carpet, kinda hard to do footwork stuff here, I already do shadowboxing and it feels odd. Whatever may as well try. Get a yoga mat or something.

do you even need a rope? can't ya just jump in place and pretend you swing a rope?

If you want to look like a dumbass, and simultaneously pretend your improving coordination.

Alternatively, I use a piece of tape at the gym and do footwork drills, good for boxing, not great for cardio. ANd I keep me hands up the whole time.

take it slow user: watch videos and practice. As a fellow MMA, I believe in you

>First or Second day
>"Okey, dubble jemps. You user, ets simple just jump heigher"
>Try to jump higher, faggy pose, completely wiff the jump
>"Eh....jest go back to normal"
I'm sure he thinks I'm retarded and avoids looking at me during warm ups.
But now I can do that and cross ups...most the time.

holy shiet

>be child
>forget to live
uhh... yeah anons i see i messed up.. right.. here . haha guys... you guys did this too right ?

I don't have appropriate image for this, but, hang in there, little buddy

How

How can I fit skipping rope into my SS program? I struggle with squats, can I still incorporate skipping rope?

Yes, jumprope is more cardio than anything else.

Will jumping rope help build my calves? Plz respond

Enjoy perpetual shin splints.

Only if you’re dumb enough to jump rope on concrete or hardwood and don’t alternate balls and heels

I'm 31 and I never learned how to ride a bike or how to swim. My dad tried a couple of times but that comes to tell you how interested he was in me. I still have some good memories with the old man though. I don't blame him.

I have injured myself 2 times by jumping rope. 0 from lifting weights, 0 from running. Also it takes much more skill that running, and you have to work up to 30 minutes of constant jumping, unline running which is much easier.

in my town there is a dude that jogs while jumping rope, dude does 5km every fucking day, he is shredded as sfuck and super athletic, but he is also weak as fuck, saw him doing pullups and he couldn't do more than 7 without cheating