Swimmers

How to get that swimmers body?

Anyone here do swimming in highschool and know how long it takes to go from normie to having defined V lines, prominent abs and mild pec defenition?

Do you seriously have to swim laps for 1 hour every day for 3-6 months or are there special workouts that swimmers specifically do to help them in the pool which leads to their bodytype?

Other urls found in this thread:

100swimmingworkouts.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you tried swimming?

Try swimming, brah

/thread

>hurr

Surely there are outside of the pool exercises and lifts that swimmers do to build lean muscle.

I'm also wondering if anyone here did swim team and knows how long it takes to get this mode

swimmers get swim-mode...... BECAUSE OF SWIMMING.

swimming works out almost all muscles, burns fat, good for your heart and has many positive sides to it. Btw (when using correct swimming forms) you will never - NEVER - destroy your body. You cannot damage knee's, wrists, whatever. (again, when swimming with correct form).

Stop asking dumb questions and go drown yourself

Starting Strength

Is there a training program or anything worth following? Or just "front crawl an hour a day"?

join a swimming club fagget.

>tfw never learned to swim
>tfw 22

By swimming. Train all four main strokes.
Time depends on where you're starting from.

Athletes usually don't do external exercises until college level and above.
There just isn't the same level of competitiveness for most people / communities at a younger age.

If you're part of a swim team / club, you'll have a coach. It's what I did with swimming, water polo and track before I graduated HS and took up lifting.
Else just Google it. Came up with this website as one of the first results.
100swimmingworkouts.com

Just swim, and then do loads of shoulder, back, and lats work

t. swimmer

I did swimming and water polo for a total of 8 years from when I was 8 till 16.
Now I have a wide back, very broad shoulders and long arms (6'3 tall 6'7 arm span)

They swim for like 2 hours in the morining and 2 in the evening.
Sometimes they do some mild weights and calasthetics.
The people in your pic are divers though.

Coached my team in high school.
Swimming alone will not give you a muscular look unless you already look like you lift w/o lifting from good genetics. All Olympic swimmers also lift. When normies in the pool see me now and say "wow you really have a swimmers body", they have no idea that it's literally all from the gym. When I started I had hard abs and soft everything else when I was swimming all the time.

I'm way bigger now because I've been out of high school for 3 years and just lifting, but I've been swimming to cut down. I normally do 8-10 50 meter set sprints for HIIT training twice a week.

TL;DR Do both. Chances are you can't look like pic related without at least a little bit of weights. Lift 5x a week and swim intensely 2-3 times a week HIIT training style to burn fat.

>Avoid deadlifts/rows/squats like the plague
>Do all the ab work in the world
>Do nothing but bench/OHP/lateral raises/facepulls/tri pulldowns until you die of boredom/exhaustion/gayness
>Swim
There. You now have the swimmer body.

Dothing anything more than this runs the danger of making you look thicc or too athletic.

I'm pretty sure that having broad shoulders and long arms is genetic desu
t. non swimmer with similar proportions

lol just fast op

A caveat about the recommendations to swim is that competitive swimmers don't just "swim laps." They do many varied sets of laps at a much greater intensity and for a longer suration than the recreational swimmers you see in the pool. Look up university-level swim team practices to get an idea.

>Wants to look like a swimmer
>Posts pic of divers
>Thinks laps an hour a day for six months is even close to enough

Good luck in the special olympics buddy.

No, you just swim.
I had abs as a 10 year old after swimming for years, I didn’t even touch a dumbbell until 7 years later

Divers train on land, they're all professional gymnasts in addition to divers, leading to the body in your picture.