/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

Eternal Rebeka Edition

If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
coachpapayats.com/chinese-weightlifting-blog/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Features/2018/February/05/2018-American-Open-Finals-Qualifying-Totals
vocaroo.com/i/s0wwA0sUZzjK
sportivnypress.com/documents/100.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop posting Rebeka

got asked how to use the cable machines by a circuit bunny; she’s only seen me do heavy push presses lols. I’m goin to make it bros

No

Am 62 kg, would it be realistic to aim to bulk to 70 kg by June?

absofuckinglutely

I went from 85 to 101 in 15 weeks on GVT, currenty cutting back to 94

now I got a tad fat but not too bad and to answer your question yes

teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Features/2018/February/05/2018-American-Open-Finals-Qualifying-Totals
>Registration will not open until the IWF establishes new weight categories, which is expected to happen by July. The qualifying totals will not change, despite new weight categories being established. Athletes will be able to register for their new weight category using qualifying totals for their previous weight category. For example, a current 48kg athlete will qualify for the American Open Finals in a new (theoretical) 50kg category with a qualifying total total of 128kg or higher.
>An updated chart with qualifying totals will be provided once the IWF finalizes the new weight categories.

highest sinclair (ie most competitive, most athletes) is the 85 and 77. the midgets don't even need 270 sinclair to qual

for the freakshow, excuse me, the women, highest sinclair is the 63 but everything from 53 to 75 is close, with a dropoff on both sides.
the fatass snorflatches don't even need a 200 sinclair to qual. but, unlike the men's, this also actually reflects the world stage since the superfatass hamplanet category only has a couple of good competitors in it and is otherwise empty

side note the women's aka freakshow team usa does better than the men's on the international stage only because many top nations don't even send women
ex. iran only sends women as cheerleaders in the stands, and then, only sends them in hijabs kek

are you latvian ?

He's a burger

Haven't trained in a week cuz I'm buried in grad school applications

kill me

Yo yo yo If I work my forearms every day, for aesthetic reasons, will it fuck up my lifts?

vocaroo.com/i/s0wwA0sUZzjK

>a tad fat

to where, for what?

Probably, once you start getting soreness and grip burnout

Also training forearms is basically useless

Why is it useless?

bump thyself

Training forearms certainly isnt useless, but a lot of for forearm exercises are damn near useless

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """elite""" """olympic""" """weightlifter"""

this is the kind of garbage you bouncelifting fairies aspire towards? that's totally fucking embarrassing.. just... lmaoooooooooooo. no bump so this dog shit just sinks into the trash where it belongs.

>tfw no rude girl gf

Hey panzer and bar work:complexes do you recommend to help with tech? I got no classics tomorrow and I want to do a lil extra.

>New weight categories

God, I hope they take this opportunity to ditch the bottom two Fairy Weight classes in both men's and women's divisions and add one more on top of the current top ceiling.

Olympic weightlifting needs a 115 kg class, for the 6'2'' guy who doesn't want to weigh 350 lbs.

They are mostly doing it to get rid of the 94 cause roiders

Also why get rid of the light classes why not b more inclusive as a sport?

That completely depends what are you deficient in

>404 ASS NOT FOUND

Let me help you with that

Sports, particularly at a high level, aren't supposed to be inclusive, soytits. They are supposed to be the best. Not a bunch of competition dodging pantywaists deluding themselves into thinking they've accomplished something.

Weight class shenanigans, in fact, make sports less inclusive anyway, but keeping the shrimps in their shrimp weight classes, instead of in adult sports. It's just a play to get everyone a medal, and it's exactly the sort of shit that killed boxing.

There shouldn't be any weight ceiling for men below 180 lbs. If you can't weigh that much, you are a GDE and it doesn't matter what you want from life.

yeah cause fuck short people and fuck kids and fuck older people and fuck having a sport that a lot of people compete in

I just take pleasure in knowing you wont get a weightclass you want

do you even compete cause you have this faggot fucking irn lyfe attitude that makes me want to shove my AK bayonet in your throat

how the FUCK can owl get more inclusive than it already is?

A GODDAM TRANNY WON SILVER AT WORLD'S!!!!!!!!

I never said it should be more so

I feel our weightclasses are pretty good, we could use another for the tallfags that isnt SHW but still

I think we could use fewer and wider weight classes than we have now. The compromise is always between
>having a place for everyone to compete
>ensuring that fans want to see them compete
>managing the logistics of competing
>keeping athletes from gaming the classes
Nobody wants to watch the female snorflatches. Fuck, they're a net negative in terms of recruiting females to the sport!
Hell, a lot of guys don't want to watch the superfatasses lift marginally more than the 105s while weighing 50% more!
Nobody wants to watch the literal midgets. This ain't a funhouse show.
You don't want athletes to just be able to move classes without serious training or work, either.
(a lot of this stuff is where boxing fucked up. they used to have five, then eight, now sixteen!)

Seriously about 5 sounds right to me. Leave out the midgets of both sexes, (note: BOTH. note: SEXES), and set the bar for the superfatass categories high enough for lanklets, stretch out the remaining four.

Regardless of how either of us feel, though, there are only gonna be SEVEN each SEX for this cycle. See my post above with the link to qual totals.

you are fucking retarded

none of what you said was a fact and literally an opinion you projected onto "everyone"

all types of athletes should be able to compete in weightlifting regardless of height you fucking moron

now I have my gripes with the SHW classes especially the female one but I'm not retarded enough to want to remove them

you stupid fucking IRN LYFE faggots need to get the fuck out of this sport this isn't some faggot coping macho man sport where only Big Guys Tm compete

you are a fucking idiot if you think 5 whole fucking weightclasses is a good idea

with the current system you can always go up 1 weightclass in your "off season" and it should stay that way

you've failed your reading comprehension, boy.
reread my actual suggestion and then, if you have the balls, apologize for misunderstanding me.
first, i never said i'd eliminate the superfatass bitches, just that nobody wants to watch them. the women are different from men in that their distribution of height has a tighter probability curve than that of men. 90+ is the wrong cutoff, that should be lower.
midgets can still compete in my suggestion. there's just zero point in having a M56 with an average height of 5'2'' AND having a M62 with an average height of 5'2-1/2" when the next category, M69, has an average height of 5'5''. fuck that. have a M62 and be done with it, one category gone.
similarly there's no need for a M77 and an M85 based on height, they average within an inch of each other. Draw a compromise. Another gone, no need for lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth, and we're already down to only six. Now adjust the breaks a little bit to even them out.
Then there's the W63 and W69. Based on the average height of the Olympians competing, they're only a quarter-inch different in height. There's no need for two classes there.
>you are a fucking idiot if you think 5 whole fucking weightclasses is a good idea
I just walked you through getting the men's down to six with no problem, dick-licker. Wanna apologize yet?

>all types of athletes should be able to compete in weightlifting regardless of height you fucking moron
Have you considered having HEIGHT classes instead of WEIGHT classes?

>if you have the balls, apologize for misunderstanding me.

eat a dick nigger

also your weight classes are fucking retarded and too far apart

not everyone who competes is at the olympics the weightclass system works perfectly fine and no reputable coach or IWF official will echo anything you just said

>Have you considered having HEIGHT classes instead of WEIGHT classes?

thats equally fucking retarded and would fuck the sinclair you dumb shit

Reminder if you don't compete you arent a weightlifter

Reminder if you are unattatched you should probably join a team

I just walked you through eliminating the lowest weight class for men and combining the 77 and 85. It's kind of trivial to take it from there. You could easily go 65, 75, 85, 95, 105, SHW and not be too far apart. If you wanted to make it exponential then 65, 74, 84, 96, 110, SHW. Are you seriously thinking that THOSE are too far apart? LOL.
>thats equally fucking retarded
Hey, you're the one that wanted someone to compete at any .... HEIGHT.
>and would fuck the sinclair you dumb shit
First off, it's trivial to recalculate a sinclair based on the best performance in every height class. It would be done in EXACTLY the same manner in which the current one was done for weight classes.
Second, nobody gives a rat's shit about the sinclair. It's not used in the olympics, it's not used by the USAW to select team members, it's not used by any organization to set qualifying totals, it's basically only MATHturbation.

oh and a final lol
>no reputable coach or IWF official will echo anything you just said
Were you not aware that the IWF is officially cutting down to SEVEN weight classes for this cycle?

>I just walked you through eliminating the lowest weight class for men and combining the 77 and 85.

all you did was perform mental gymnastics and pretend that only the olympics matters for the sport, also you eliminated 77 and 85 and turned it into 75 85 lmfao

you would fuck a lot of people and alienate them out of the sport by just cutting weightclasses

>First off, it's trivial to recalculate a sinclair based on the best performance in every height class.

it would be completely fucking arbitrary as you could be 5'2 105kg and be comparing to 5'10 105kg it would make no sense

>Second, nobody gives a rat's shit about the sinclair

it literally determines winners in a tie you fuckhole and it compares lifters across the weight spectrum

>Were you not aware that the IWF is officially cutting down to SEVEN weight classes for this cycle?

This is due to pressure from the IOC

Do you even compete

So can we admit that weightlifting federations are all jokes except the Russian and Chinese ones?

you mean the ones with the least enforcement of doping standards

lmfao

Can we admit that we'd like to nestle between that beautiful lady's tiddies?

Yes

kys desu

So how do I fix extension ?

flex the heck out of your vmo

Midday bump.
Did snatch and powerclean+jerk today

>yeah cause fuck short people

Dude, if you can't bother to weigh 180 lbs, you are under 5'4'' and no one cares. And even if they WERE some sub 5'4'' turbo manlet, there's no fucking reason for them to be weighing under 125 lbs beyond being chickenshits that want participation awards instead of competing against people who are actually strong.

>and fuck kids

You'll note I was specifically talking about MEN. As in, adult males.

>do you even compete

I went to Nationals last year, you idiot.

>none of what you said was a fact and literally an opinion

What tipped you off? That he started his post with "I think"?

Would you like to actually counter his argument or are you going to just state irrelevant facts?

>all types of athletes should be able to compete in weightlifting regardless of height you fucking moron

There is no rule barring someone from competing based on their height.

guys I don't like my job, how to quit?

What's GVT?
Fine a better one

German volume training.
>10x10 starting @~50%
>add weight when you can finish all sets
> typically done with antagonist movements on the same day
>for example 10x10 bench, then 10x10 rows
>short rest times

My coach also included tempo

So for example a workout could be

A1: 10x10 back squat 4-0-2-0 90 secs rest

A2: 10x10 RDL 4-0-2-0 90 secs rest

B1: 10x3 Hamstring curls 3-0-1-0 60 secs rest

B2: 10x3 Lunges 3-0-1-0 60 secs rest

The A’s and B’s are supersetted in a 1,2,1,2,1,2 fashion

And the tempo is 4-0-2-0 so 4 seconds to do the eccentric and 2 seconds to do the concentric

It was fucking miserable

This is literally the most arbitrary and pointlessly restrictive view of our sport that adds literally nothing other than giving IRN LYFE faggots like you a better enviornment to cope with their deficiencies which make them cringey faggots

>*unsheaths katana* if you aren’t atleast 6’8 200kg why are you even competing in my sport *slices you in half*

Would you recommend it?

It's good for mass (I gained 8kg in 2months on it) , but I think there a better ways of getting volume in.

My guess for what the IWF will come out with for the new SEVEN weight classes per sex.
>men 60, 68, 77, 87, 98, 109, 109+
>women 50, 57, 64, 73, 82, 92, 92+

Make your own guesses in reply. We'll see who comes the closest!

Personally I think it's a mistake to go very high in the women's top weight categories because even at 75+ it was uncompetitive as all fuck and empty of athletes, but they're gonna do it.

On the other sex, I have mixed feelings. Men have a wider distribution of heights than women so maybe it makes sense to have a higher point than 105 for the final cutoff, but then again, even the -105 were pretty doughboyish and flabby so it's not as if a lot of them "cut" lol.

If I had my druthers, I'd like to see five classes for both sexes. I arrived at these by looking at height distributions for owlers who made it to the Olympic Games and then applying a generalised regression formula (based on those same athletes) to estimate the weights of the cutoffs.
>71, 82, 95, 109, 109+ for men
>52, 58, 66, 76, 76+ for women

"German" volume training isn't even "German" kek

sportivnypress.com/documents/100.html

>women 50, 57, 64, 73, 82, 92, 92+
Not gona happen

>dude only the olympics matters lmao

Internet coaches guys. Coaching my PP.

Why is /plg/ so much more popular than /owg/?

Becusse finding the easiest way to lift a maximal load is easier than finding out out you’re shit at moving your body as a unit.

Veeky Forums is mostly American and the US forgot about wl because the Soviets dominated the sport. So, they started powerlifting instead

Bump

>panzer speaks latvian
what world do i live in

pig latvian, maybe

i have heard much worse accents
it's p good for a seppo

>seppo
Literally a male name in finland lol

Derogertory word used by the English and Australians for all American nationals. Derived from Rhyming slang (Septic Tank = Yank)

yea I know how to google m8

MAN IR ĻOTI LIELS PIMPIS XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

SUDOKU YOURSELF

beidz melot

Post your face when panzer gets cucked by Dmitry

hey buddy i know you've recently considered suicide. Next time you consider you just go ahead and go through with it. The easiest way for a complete brainlet is to start up a car (or other small engine) in an enclosed space (think garage) then just drink until you fall asleep.
You will thank me for this one day

It's fine user, be happy that you have an excuse to not go

Because wl requires insane dedication (much more than that of pl), athleticism, and will power to be good at. It is not as simple as picking up a weight. Any retard can squat/deadlift/bench

Probly not, just use straps (which you should anyways) if you feel like it does

It adds loads to the "sport." Particularly, without the bitchweight categories, meets won't take so long, so more grown men will do them.

>Those men's categories

God, I hope they don't do that. At least get rid of 60, because who the fuck is that for, have a smaller jump between the last two ceilings than 20 kg, and add one more ceiling beyond the 105ish area.

>You will thank me for this one day

I don't think you understand how suicide works

My waifu

>>Those men's categories
>God, I hope they don't do that.
Well, they're definitely eliminating a category and going down to 7 total.
There is ZERO debate about that. IWF has already announced it. They just haven't finalized exactly what the categories will be.
USAW has already announced that they'll respect qual totals for the Open which were made under the old categories.
>At least get rid of 60, because who the fuck is that for,
The bottom two categories of both men and women are pretty close to redundant, based on average heights of the athletes. They're also pretty non-competitive as well
>have a smaller jump between the last two ceilings than 20 kg,
I'm confused by that comment because even my five-category wish is much much smaller jumps than 20kg.
Also both sexes have a couple of middle categories where there's huge athlete crossover and they could probably be combined somehow. For the men it's the 77 and 85, for the women it's 63 and 69.
Olympic Judo and Olympic Wrestling both get by just fine with only 7 categories. Olympic TaeKwonDo only has 4 categories. It seems ridiculous that Weightlifting needs 8.
>and add one more ceiling beyond the 105ish area.
Gives me mixed feelings. Yeah theoretically it would be nice to have the taller guys in their own group, but remember that stupid retarded trope "USA does bad at WL because hurr durr football?" Well, for the superheavies, it's true. But other than that one class, it's a stupid retarded trope because there's no position on an NFL team for a really strong guy who's five feet fucking nine or five foot fucking ten inches tall, and every class but the supers averages 5'10'' and below. Damn RBs are taller than that, not to mention WRs, OL, etc.
Also, the -105 are already kind of fat and sloppy. All a -115 would do is wreck some diets. And the current superheavy for men is not very competitive in terms of depth, it's probably the third-worst in depth overall, behind the two midget categories.

One more point, ran into the character limit.

The IWF is almost certainly not going to simply eliminate a category imo, like, they're not just gonna kill the smallest midget category.

The recent doping scandals have (AGAIN!) shown us that the (NOW) current WRs are pretty much illegit, or will be, when the doping detection improves a bit more. So it's pretty definite imo that they'll create the new seven categories with all-new cutoffs so that the records won't be directly comparable. ... just like they did last time ...

>I'm confused by that comment

I mathed bad. I would still drop 60 kg. It exists solely so weenies can duck actual competition at deeper, stronger weight classes.

>it's a stupid retarded trope because there's no position on an NFL team for a really strong guy who's five feet fucking nine or five foot fucking ten inches

Except for RB or safety, sure.

>Damn RBs are taller than that, not to mention WRs, OL, etc.

That depends on the RB. As for WR, Antonio Brown is 5'10'' in cleats, though no one is going to accuse him of being strong.

Speaking of RBs, Legarrette Blount is 6'0'' and 250 lbs. That is the kind of guy that needs a weight class like the IPF has, at 115 kg.

Workout
Have no fetishes
Dont watch porn
Dont masterbate
Wait until marraige

lel, week one kinesiology students

projection, incel lmao

so you have nothing other than meme opinions

nice arguement

Panzer: 100 IRN LYF: 0

Basically

How was my response ?

Usyk beat the fuck out of you Breidis, Ukraine will always be #1

>snatching
>try to push the bar against my thighs
>hit my balls from below instead

My knee hurts

If I want to grow my chest for aesthetic reasons can I do GVT for bench on top of a light wl program?

How’s your squat volume ?

Lol

You're all weak autistic LARPers