SO im running a 5x5 program...

SO im running a 5x5 program, would it be smart to change it to 3x5 just to milk out the extra noob gains when going into intermediate mode?

>not doing 1x5/1x3/1x1

>Why is that guy doing half a pull up?

Yes

maybe he wants to make actual progress

just do SS as written and not that shitty medhi knockoff, that guy is a fucking idiot

why would you do less volume for more gains?
legit question, not being sarcastic

Probably not. What program are you running?

Why does a makeup company sponsor a pull up rack on Ellen??

Because that dipshit Mehdi told them to

you can't make this shit up

I did 5x5 across and switched to 3x5. I think 5x5 across is not maintainable in the long run. I think SL might be one of the only programs that suggests it, all that stuff it's allegedly based on, bill starr and whatever, is all really ramped sets or 3x5 with two lower weight sets beforehand.

Mehdi is alright, I'm just 100% convinced he writes his programs for mentally/genetically weak European Arab hoodrats in Brussels that can't deal with inevitable failure and hitting their first plateaus. SL5x5 is a very reasonable FOB rookie introduction to bar work.

literally no one in europe has ever heard of SS/SL

this was a misfire, try to not project your lunatic politics into every analysis, there’s significantly more weak whites doing lifting programs than there are migrants in Europe

dutchfag here
followed StrongLifts when i started lifting,
brought my numbers to 2/3/3/4.5

>225 ohp and 315 bench on a novice program

you're either lying, 7 feet tall (not inconcievable because dutchfag), or have arms the length of my flaccid cock

5'10 actually
but i STARTED at 1/2/2/3
started with ohp 50kg 5x5, ended with 75kg 5x5
incline bench from 70kg 5x5 to 95kg 5x5

been pretty strong as a child
im not sure climbing trees works shoulders and chest much, but hey, its all i can think of

nah it's just outlier genetics

seriously getting to 225/315 OHP/bench on a novice program is extremely extremely unusual, you're like top 1% response to training genetics

that may be, but problem is that im a little lost as to what to do next
strength is my main goal, fuck mires, but not sure what intermediate/advanced strength programs work well

also, maybe i DO have good genetics...
right now, im on a 6 week keto cut (1000 kcal deficit),
and i literally have not lost ANY strength
but did lose 7kg, 2.5" from waist lol

This. That's freakishly strong.

Think this through man. Your body has grown accustomed and adapted to lifting. How could you expect to make more gains by doing less volume?

If you like SL, 5/3/1 is a good next step. Monthly progression and an introduction to submaximal lifting are good ways to develop positive habits. Plus Wendler's books are easy to find for free if you can't afford ~€10

>also, maybe
no, fuck you

i'm telling you based on 7 years of lifting experience and having seen many people start lifting and run and complete novice routines, you have 99th percentile freak genetics if you got to 225 OHP on a novice linear progression routine

also not losing strength on a 1000 calorie deficit at that level, that's just fucking insanity man

don't squander your gifts, compete in a strength sport

what is that pullup station?

first week of keto was alright, had glucose reserves. 2nd week, i started creatine, and had no more trouble on my lifts, and its been steady so far
only deadlift dropped 1 rep, but i was sick, so who knows?
i've been thinking about strength sports, but i still feel im not strong enough to compete lol
my ultimate goal is 3/4/5/6, not sure if possible natty, but i refuse to go roids, so i'll take what i can get lol

5/3/1 as in Jim Wendler's?
Seems interesting, but i dont wanna lose my gains now, so 70/30 strength/mass focus would be nice lol
>tfw 46" chest

But 75kg isn't 2pl8 and 95kg isn't 3pl8

>my ultimate goal is 3/4/5/6, not sure if possible natty, but i refuse to go roids, so i'll take what i can get lol
it's possible natty, plenty of people in plg have done 5/6 natty and some have even done 4

3 is a stretch but you're a genetic freak
>5/3/1 as in Jim Wendler's?

don't do 5/3/1, do something with higher volume and frequency, ask plg about programs

i can do about 9, MAYBE 10 reps at 75kg, translating to 93-95kg 1rm
and 95kg is INCLINE bench, flat is 110kg 9rep

i know 3 is gonna be hard, but its a personal goal lol
5/3/1 is too low volume then, but powerlifters usually go for low reps, no?
front of mine diddly's 595 and only does sub 5 reps
but i'll go ask plg, thanks

volume has nothing to do with reps really, it's more of a measure of the total work you are doing (number of hard sets is a decent metric)

Sheiko is very high volume and you usually only do 2-3 reps on your working sets

>Sheiko
"Sheiko was designed, they said, for genetic freaks and chemically assisted lifters"
this kinda scares me, desu
i dont wanna fuck my shit up lol

also, what the fuck, 3x benching per week?
but if i do, lets say 10 sets of 3?
would that be enough volume?

How long?

how long what desu?

tree climbing all childhood
1/2/2/3 to 2/3/3/4.5 took about 20 weeks, according to my excel logs

So it took you 20 weeks to get from 135 ohp to 225?

>So it took you 20 weeks to get from 135 ohp to 225?
apparently lol, idk what to tell you desu
image is the first 15 weeks of progress
dont mind the squats, i stopped doing them during cuz of injury (freerunning), picked it up later
>inb4 fatty lel

also cant find the last 5 weeks, for some reason, dont know what happened to that log

Yeah it might have something to do with the fact that we don't have internet here like you do in America.

Right, you haven't been to Brussels and he's very explicit about his community ties. Next, Arabs have lower tolerance for pain and have a habit of giving up, ask anyone doing kickboxing in a major Western European city. Those that make it tend to make it big. Every gym I've been to in my area, a major W.E. city, was roughly 60% migrant (Arabic, Turkish, black) and 40% "White".