FUCK LEGS

I just want to share my personal experience with you. It might be relevant for some of you, because maybe you consider doing something similar.

So, I stopped training legs about 6 months ago.

My legs were pretty decent. ATG Squat 120kg x10 and RDL 140kg x10. BUT holy shit did I hate training legs. I hated every single minute of it. So eventually the inevitable happened and I just stopped doing it.

Instead I started doing much more cardio stuff. Mostly hiking, road cycling and mountain biking. This shit is super fun, gets me outside and it's the single best way I know of to meet new people through groups and meetups. (a lot of pretty hot girls are into hiking btw)

So, what happened to my legs? Surprise, I lost a lot of strength and size. Body weight is down about 5kg. My upper body looks pretty much the same. I tried to do some squats yesterday and could barely squat 2 plates for a rep or two. But you know what? My body actually feels MUCH better now than when I was stronger. I feel much fitter in general. I can't see any reason to go back to squats, ever.

So tell me dear user, why do you still torture yourself with this stupid leg training meme? Do you just do it because the internet tells you that this is the only way to become a man or do you actually enjoy it?

Everyone who isnt a complete tool knows this. Only memelifters and women train legs.

It's about proportions, you dumb fuck.

Strong legs are important for having a strong overall body.

But for some people, quality of life is more important. If training legs makes you so miserable, you should either do something else, or change your approach to training legs.

As it is, I'm happy you found other hobbies that you enjoy!

I stopped squatting for the same reason as you and now I only do deadlifts.
Never felt better

>tfw was teased about my bulky legs as a kid
>mfw I now laugh at those people doing leg day, looking like retards, while I focus all my energy on my upper body

Our lord truly is a just god

So I like training legs, and I really need strong legs for my sport (boxing). I think if you mostly care about looks though, you don't need to hit legs that hard.

I just do squats 5x5 twice a week. Quick n easy and only take 15-20 minutes

>just do cardio and don’t train legs
Why not both?

I stopped training legs after I could front squat 2 plate 3x5. Now I only do them once every 2 weeks to maintain. Instead I started doing cardio and working on my 800m time. Feel so much better, can also fit into jeans

I just want to chime in here and say you’re absolutely right in everything you said. No one really cares about legs either way, it’s a true meme. Deadlift is good enough, no need to go ham in the squat rack for anyone.

i never had more fun lifting and felt better physically than when I took an almost one year hiatus from squatting due to an injury

still deadlifted twice a week during that time though and only lost like 20% off my squat max after all that time

Squat is my favorite excercise, also need to squat twice a week to mantain proportions, I'm 6'3 and would look ridiculous with thin legs, also I have wide as fuck shoulders, training lower body is a necessity for me.

This group cope of a thread, wow.
If you don’t like a particular lift (and it’s a compound barbell lift) simply because you don’t like doing it- it’s because it’s your weak point. I focus on lifts I least enjoy because I’m aware I don’t enjoy them with the reason being; I’m not great at them. I’ve since learned to enjoy squats and look forward to doing them.
You can do both your group cycle riding activities and squat a few MINUTES pr week(?!?!)
Not hating here, trying to help because I was in a similar place once, I was just being a soyboy cyclist, and so are you.

but squats aren't my weakpoint, bench is by a very wide margin

i still enjoy doing bench press, and still absolutely hate squatting

serious question.
1.85cm 79kg
got like 17% bf
i look lean BUT my legs are huge,got so much fat you cant imagine.i always had big legs,i think i inherited the gene from my dad who even when he wasnt' fat his legs were gigantic especially since hes a manlet.

i got high bodyfat but im pretty sure i just also have big legs over all. should i work my legs every two weeks? i seriously dont want chicken legs

You can have more than one weak point,
I let my ohp get miles ahead of all my other lifts and had to play catch up for months. I’d recommend keeping everything (generally) balanced, any reduced ratio of 1/2/3/4 is fine, or somewhere in the ballpark.
If you get too imbalanced it causes difficulties or over compensation in other lifts as well as sports. It could even cause injury in the long run

>any reduced ratio of 1/2/3/4
ok, you don't know what you're talking about

the ratio depends entirely on your anthropometry and will differ from person to person, someone with extremely short arms will more likely be at something like 1.5/2.5/3.5/4 for example

>If you get too imbalanced it causes difficulties or over compensation in other lifts

ah yes the "imbalances" meme, as if sport specific development of the human body is not in and of itself imbalanced

if you look at any athlete they will have relatively overdeveloped muscle groups that are specific to that sport, it is not dangerous and it is not an injury risk unless it's something absolutely absurd like 315 benching front delts and pecs on a person who can't do a pullup

Agree with you on the imbalances part, Although I’ve injured my knees due to under training legs and doing sports that use a lot of leg muscles.
As for the 1/2/3/4 point I did say generally, I don’t have close to a perfect ratio(although I’d love to), I still have weak legs at: 1.5/2/2.5/3.5

Not sure entirely sure if shitposting, but I agree.

I do pistol squats, kb swings for dat posterior chain and sprints.

>Although I’ve injured my knees due to under training legs and doing sports that use a lot of leg muscles.
that's not really due to imbalances, just unadapted tendons getting annihilated

> I don’t have close to a perfect ratio(although I’d love to), I still have weak legs at: 1.5/2/2.5/3.5

what makes 1/2/3/4 the perfect ratio other than numerical autism? if you think your ratio is weird, i hit a 500lb deadlift before a 225lb bench press

>Extremely short arms add to your squat

Coming through with that general shit again but
Generally it translates into a well balanced body for almost anyone. This is on a give or take .5 basis, like in your case the bench isn’t far off from the DL from being on point with the ratio.

I too fucking hate doing legs. Used to do heavy squats and a full leg day almost twice a week
I too realized i hated it
Started to do cardio which i like
Best in gym cardio i think is incline walking
I sometimes do light front squats and pistol squats
Also i stopped training for strenght years ago since I started getting injured and the gains stopped
Now do light weights and cardio for maximum aesthetics

Where you located m8? These hike meetups seem pretty dope

Yeah training legs more than once every 10 days after you’ve built some size is useless. Just make sure you don’t have twigs though. Then fuck it.

Haven’t squatted more than 3x3 for 1.5 years lol. Was at a 375 back squat 1RM back then. Now I’m 300 bench, 205 OHP, 475 DL and like 275 squat lol.

what if you did cardo and hiking AND trained legs? lmfao idiot

I do squats for overall leg strength and unilateral leg extensions with my toes pointed out to keep my VMOs strong. Sometimes I do lunges, but that's because they really work my glutes and I want a joocier ass.

There's no point in having a whole day dedicated to legs, or even doing more than a couple exercises unless you're an actual athlete or physique competitor.

Provide pic of your legs

>BUT holy shit did I hate training legs. I hated every single minute of it.
Don't train legs if you don't want big strong legs, nobody gives a shit, but literally the only leg workout you need to do is squats. Adding squats to every second or third workout is not hard, IMO. But then I am not a faggot so

I don't bother with sqauts, hate them

instead I do deadlifts

same man. huge ankles, huge calves, huge quads, never properly hit legs in my life

This tbqh blood relative

I stopped doing deads after I noticed a good 2 inches on my waistline, fucking birthgiving hips, 2 years later the waist shrunk back to 28" which is perfect for me.