Gym hates thread

Gym hates thread
>people who throw.the weights like theyre king kong
>fucking cringy gay vests
>people who start dancing or singing to their tunes in some endorphin musical fuelled rage

Also... what gym do you guys go to? I am in the UK and go to 'The Gym'
>sitting on bench or machine on fucking phone when busy

The gym is planet fitness of the UK. Every time I work out in the evening I feel like I'm walking into the new year comic.

>crossfit dude takes 15 kg small barbell and starts spinning it around like he's darth maul

>guy doing kettle bell swings on a balance ball

>lard ass doing 15kg leg press

>tiny weights area but 7 Smith machines that everyone uses for squats (with pussy pad)

>The gym is planet fitness of the UK
This
But for only £13.99 pm I can tolerate the shit

This tbqh, I legit pity anyone who trains in thegym or pure gym.

So you dont want any blacks in your gym? Seems kind of racist desu.

I know I agree but the price makes it worth it

>>faggots on legpress doing 1/2" reps

thats about it; makes me rage autismo tho. wanna smack em in the face with a 45 til they get taco'd by their overloaded machine. haha

I was at TheGym and PureGym and hated them both. Xercise4less was literally next door to pure so I joined.
>Bigger
>More equipment
>Not open 24/7 so everyone goes next door
>Tanning salon, chiropractors, masseuse, Barbers
>Upstairs area where only cardio bunnies go to escape the free weights area downstairs
>They have free weights upstairs anyway just tucked away

I go upstairs and do my Lifts while staring at asses for testosterone boost.

I need a 24h gym because of my work schedule. I'm so glad I have an alternative to thegym but 247 isn't much better, only slightly.

I don't fucking understand why most people need a 24h gym.. they end up going during conventional peak times after their 9-5 office cuck days anyway.

Xercise4 less is cheap gym master race.

>big weight area
>random cool equipment
>mma cage
>10 quid

Think you forgot everyone active bud. It’s the only gym within 5 miles of me and is 90% cardio machines.

I'm a member of TheGym(tm). Seems pretty comfy to me. I sometimes have to wait for a power rack at peak times, but more often than not I don't.

I'm in London so the Gyms here are bigger.

It's handy if you're travelling as they have a membership where you can use any of their UK gyms, so I do that when I visit my parents.

Seriously, what's wrong with it, for the price??

Nothing people just like justifying what theyre spending their money on.

Wait user, the Puregym and Xercise4less in my area are right next to each other as well. Where in the UK are you?

Im on my phone during my rest set?
I thought that's normal what else should I do stare into space for the remaining rest time or what

t. 2 weeks Puregym

There is literally nothing wrong with the pussy pad

>people who start dancing or singing to their tunes in some endorphin musical fuelled rage

b-but its fun

sucks to be you I guess, I live in the middle of fuck all in tiny village in scotland and I still manage to find an oly/pl gym.
The bars, the music, the other gym goers, the fact that at most 2-3 power racks and they're usually shit quality.
The only thing it has going for it is being open year round including christmas time and the fact that it's cheap as dirt hell even that last part I've lifted in plenty of serious gyms that charge 20 quid which is well worth it for 7-8 racks, better equipment etc...

>forget earphones one day
>have to listen to the gym
>It is just a constant, every 30 seconds of people farting
>realize they can't hear themselves because of their headphones and think everyone else can't either.

Yeah if you're a pussy.
Having a pussy pad on a Smith machine is like putting a condom on for a handjob

> Ask PT for dip belt
>Sorry, we are not using it anymore
>wat,k
>2 days later ask a different PT
>goes in the back room and brings it to me
>Next week I have to ask a third pt for the belt again
>He looks at the table
>nah, mate its not here sorry
>tell him that the other guy went into the back room and got it
>He starts explaining how its not tidied up so it would be hard to find it
>its not here, we are not using it

City of roundabouts lad

Been going to 'The Gym' in Sheffield since it opened about 3 years ago, past two of which I've been using free weights. It's the closest gym to where I live and the 24h opening suits me.

Most of the members are students or recent graduates so it's pretty chill. Rammed at the moment being new years, where they've done a membership drive, but I still manage to find equipment.

>>sitting on bench or machine on fucking phone when busy
How tf else am I supposed to stop stupid cunts taking my power rack while I rest between sets

I walked away from the rack for literally 30 seconds the other day to grab extra weights I need, water bottle in the middle of the rack, and some dumb chink had put his phone down in the meantime. He fucked off when I told him it was occupied but seriously, cheeky equipment scavengers just need to fucking HAVE PATIENCE or go during a less busy time

Nah man thats not what I mean. I mean sitting their for minutes Isee it every week. I do that sometimes too

I mean when people sit for minutes on leg preas or w/e...not just 30 secs betweem sets

Ah I go to the Puregym.

Homegym masterace
Get on my level faggots

eh bro

>Barbers
That seems like an odd gym perk.

I only do it for a minute to check my routine and make a not of what weight i used that day. Otherwise i check the timer on tv.

Feels like I get dirty looks either way though, just stopped giving a fuck

Which one lad
The Gym Newcastle here

Find a decent independent gym rather than these meme chains you fucking mongaloids

I go to an independent gym in the UK, its pretty chill.

There's two 15 year old thots training specifically for bigger asses that always seem to be there and a really chatty gym assistant who you have to spend 5 mins chatting to before you're allowed to do your next set.

>mfw 15yr old sloot doing kickbacks 3 feet in front of me while i diddly

t...they look older than they are

Get a trim while you get trim, doesn't seem weird to me.

So you in MK?
Isn’t it the most boring shithole in the UK?

Aw snap, these guys just bought out the gym I usually go to, they're shutting for a while this month for "renovations". What am I in for here?

Yeah, It really is, I hate it here.

Another Homegym master race here.
I don't know why anyone would suffer a gym if they have a garage.

JD gym in Uni city and Xercise4Less in home town. JD is goat for qt's but nothing can beat Xercise4Less for price:
>4 benches
>4 squat racks
>3 Oly platforms
>Boxing ring
>MMA cage
>4 differently weighted heavy bags
>womens gym section with no roof and low wall next to pullup bars = instant motivation to add more reps while sneaking a peak

Also go to "the gym". In glasgow quay, just in case anyone happens to go there too.

Don't see what's wrong with it to be honest though. Maybe it's because I go early mornings.. but it's usually pretty empty and the free weights area usually only has 3 or 4 people when I'm there. Usually taking it fairly seriously and sticking to some kind of routine.

Nobody curling in the squat rack. People occasionally doing deadlifts with acceptable weight. One or two PTs walking around (juicy) and don't really bug anyone who isn't their client... Girls have their own free weights/matted area with little dumbells and fixed weight mini barbells so that they stay out of the way with their ridiculous butt exercises.

There's even no receptionist. It's great IMO.. But I guess it may be a different story at peak hours.

Xercise4Less in Wester hailes
It's cheap at £10 a month and has everything I need. It even has punching bags and a boxing and mma ring.

Let’s meet up so I can eat your ass

hmm do i join a "the gym" 2 miles away or do i join the fitness first a 5 min walk from me.

A couple months at the gym was all the motivation I needed to invest in an home gym. Never going to those stupid places again

i have the money, it's the space i dont have. I need a shed...

I had to do some compromises, but I don't mind sleeping in my gym

fitness first is riddled with PTs "in training" trying to teach everyone and calling it trial lessons even though you've been going for years and weigh 3 times as much as them. They are desperate because they are paying fitness first for the training course that leaves them out of pocket. They quit and leave and ar replaced by new highschool leavers every year. It's a pain.

"the gym" is a bit better because all of the PTs are completely self employed and usually recruit their clients elsewhere

free school gym

>one bench
>one squat rack
>no deadlift platform
>decent dumbbell variety

no one ever uses them, there are only few who go there and they are dyels who just dick around with machines or yoga balls.
So I guess it's kinda OK

i joined FF for a bit a few years ago and got a very confused look when i denied any free PT training.
I was there to get some cardio in to lose weight, i really don't need some 17 year old faggot shouting "5 MORE YOU CAN DO IT MAN" when im on the rower.
I'll decide how many i do cunt.

U-um, user I....

It's completely fine if you go outside of peak times. The normie horde is horrible because of the low prices and marketing.