What does Veeky Forums do for a living?

What does Veeky Forums do for a living?
>what job / are you a student?
>current salary?
>does it impact your ability to workout / eat well?
>do you plan on progressing or changing careers?
>are you happy?

Student
Unpaid internship
I eat twice a day because of time constraints.
Extremely unhappy but it’ll pay off

Basically a house husband / kept man.

My wife makes really good money and buys me what I need, but I really don't need much.

Have all the time I need to workout.

I am very happy.

>consultant working in healthcare
>105k
>commuting does but I'm still hitting the gym 3-5 days per week
>meh, I want to go into physical therapy

Student, last semester of engineering.
Paid Process Engineer internship until I find a real job. Good pay though, $20/hr in a low CoL area.
It's finally leveled off and allowed me to focus on lifting. Progress was basically impossible my Junior year.
I'm keep progressing. Would like to stay technical for 5-10 years and then go operational management, I work well with people but want the tech experience & background.
I am happy. My life is still unbalanced because of school, but that's over very soon.

>patrol cop
>~75k if I consistently work about 55 hours a week
>no
>maybe, if I get fed up enough. Not right now, though
>sometimes

>Founded Tech Company
>Asset Rich(take small 6 figure salary)
>Morning Runs and Evening Weights
>Eat clean (nothing processed)
>Feelings aren’t real

Student, last semester of Physical Therapist Assistant Progam
$0
Not really (only have school 3x per week, 4 day weekends)
Not unless I fail out of the program, plan B is programming
Yea I'm pretty happy

Machinist/47,000 per year/ not happy

>Research Engineer (CS)
>~93k
>No, great food in cafeteria and I prioritize exercise over sleep and recreation
>Won't be here much longer, only way to go is up
>Very much so.

cuck.

I do moving part-time. You get tips, so it's surprisingly lucrative. 3 days/wk is enough to pay rent w/ roommates, but groceries, and ride the bus. I love it, lots of time to read and shitpost. I'm on the monk's path, obv if I decide I want to be a householder I'll have to change things up.

Lots of time for lifting but more for sleep, cooking, and recovery. I go pretty low frequency. Also you can go to the library and take walks and stuff. I recommend.

>unpaid internship

>architect tech
>£15000PA
>9-5 eat all through the day about 9 meals
>i would literally do anything other than this
>in work, absolutely not

I show people around houses that are for sale.

Not as much as I'd like.

Not at all.

Don't know. This isn't much of a career job. Not sure what I want to do long term

Yes it's a pretty easy and comfy job. I just meet clients at houses and show them around, go back to the office and do some paperwork.

> Machine Learning Engineer
> More than you'd believe
> No there's a nice gym in the office
> No this is the dream
> Quite. Can't complain

Where are you from lad, and what's your day to day on the job like?

IT contractor
75is
No I work 6:30am- 3:00pm usually
I plan to keep gaining clients and am starting my own side business that does exactly the same as my current employer
Happiness is overrated. My life is very satisfying. I have a loving wife and family and boy is it challenging but worth it

Enlisted army nurse

Like 25k a year but housing allowance right now means more like 35/40k

Not really. Work is hard, lots of patients, and im constantly coming in on days off for army shit. 12 hour shiftwork means gym after work is gross but I do it anyway.

Fuck yeah gotta get out. This shit is driving me insane.

>Registered Nurse at an ER
> About 55K a' year before taxes rape you and take 40%
> Yes, fuck nightshifts.
>Want to stay in the "field" but have a dream of become a paramedic
>Overall - yes

Went to undergrad in England and grad school in NY, but I moved to Seattle for my current job. Working at one of the tech firms that you might have heard of in the news recently.

Day to day I'm part of a team that implements speech recognition algorithms (using recurrent neural networks if you're familiar with those). The actual programming is pretty easy -- the hard part is figuring out what could possibly even work because there's virtually no academic literature in this new field so we often have to just wing it and see what works.

Sorry replied to myself by accident. Anyway if you're interested in the stuff you could try doing a one-year MSc. I hear UCL has a great programme that can get you job ready within a year if you have a background in maths/stat/physics. The money is definitely worth it (for now).

I just finished my Masters in general comp-sci in Croatia, and nowhere in the region are they looking for Machine Learning and that was my primary interest during uni. Merely asking out of interest, I accepted my fate of working other data related jobs until I get enough experience.

>project manager at a large corporation you all have heard of
>75k USD, potentially getting a significant raise in march
>yes, I currently commute an hour to work each way because of some jewy bullshit the company pulled. No time or energy to workout any more.
>yes
>rarely

Dropped out of college (twice) because I hated it and the life it was setting me up for (office). Just started out in construction.
>current salary?
Like 20k euro
Not at all, maybe in two decades it will come to bite me but by then I'm not doing grunt work.
Want to move towards my own contracting business and to fix up properties to rent out on the side. Currently fucking around with some side-businesses as well.
>are you happy?
Probably more so than I've ever been in the past years. Work stays at work and everything else is my time. I'm not sitting for 12 hours a day. Time flies at work with all the banter. And for the first time in years I feel like I have a plan going forward, and have the tools (a uni law and economics base) and determination to work towards it.

>Underwriting assistant & part time student
>37k/yr
>Work is 9-5 so I can get my lifts in before work. Job is also easy so I do schoolwork at work as well
>Studying Computer Science at U of Toronto - nearly done and hoping to move into a developer or database admin role
>Hopefully when I don't have to spend 12 hours a day on work or school, I can be happy. Right now though its a slugfest

*slogfest

>Executive Assistant, taking prereqs for nursing school
>58k
>Not at all
>Yes, I'll ditch this gig once I can start nursing school
>I am. Found an amazing girl who completes my life, I'm gonna marry this broad.

Same here user. Its the perfect life

Worked as a carpenter doing fine cabinetry and furniture, but I want to start a family with my GF and I need more money to do that, so I'm studying engineering at my community college and want to transfer to a 4 year for electrical engineering.
>current salary?
Around 30k a year with the carpentry gig, there is a lot of variance there tho. Before that I worked shitty minimum wage jobs and general construction on spic crews.
It did when I lived on my own but I moved back in with my parents after starting school(only 18 so it isn't too bad) so it's a lot more manageable when mummy cooks
Yes yes yes. These little shits, most of which are older than me, go to school and see it as a fucking playground, a place to get pussy and get drunk, all while getting some easy degree so they can take 6 years to graduate with a ba. They don't know what a blessing this shit is, how much it sucks to be a fucking kid, working, living out of his car/crashing at whatever drunkard's or crackhead's house he can because he has no money, and the fear that he feels when he doesn't know if he can ever progress from beyond that point despite being sober and working as much as possible. I am so fucking grateful to be able to go to the shitty community college in my small town.
>are you happy?
Ehh, I'm feeling better. Now that my parents reached out to me I can eat full meals, eat healthy, and workout 6 days a week. Also I have a heated room to come home to to work on hw in and watch anime in with my GF. I feel semi normal now.

CPA (self-employed)
idk, ranges from 160,000 to 220,000, depends on my collections
no
no
yes

Security
It encourages me to train. Nobody wants a fat sack of shit guarding your back
Probably pick up a second job soon.
No.

blackhawk crew chief
>current salary?
10k/month
barely enough time for myself
maybe when im older
>are you happy?
sometimes

>27
>partner in education consultancy firm
>120-150k
>work 70h a week, barely exercise (still maintaining 2/3/4/4 since high school)
>spend nearly 1k a month to get healthy food delivered
>have a serious GF and a mistress
>generally happy, despite overwork

You are on a good track user, i really want you to success. Hope everything goes as plan.

Age? Can you talk about starting your practise? I’m articling in September.

>have a serious GF and a mistress

>Bartender, going back to school for engineering in the summer.
>~$35k
>Difficult to eat at work, which translates to less frequency but more volume eating.
>Engineering
>7/10 happy

>29
>Manager at largest upscale gym in town
>65k without bonus
>Nigga I work in the best gym in town
>Unfortunately not a whole lot of growth, but happy where I am
>yes, about 90% of the time

>>what job / are you a student?
Shipping guy, I ship stuff in and out for the college.
>>current salary?
18k after taxes
>>does it impact your ability to workout / eat well?
No, I have ample time to workout and I only need to buy food for 1 person
>>do you plan on progressing or changing careers?
I wish.
>>are you happy?
As long as I have an activity of any sort to keep me busy I'm happy. If I have nothing to do I get unhappy. Wish I spent more time with friends but I'm too busy being at the gym and all.

>pr person
>49/year w/ benefits
>i have 1 hour commute each way so it kinda >sucks but I'm trying to move closer to solve the issue
>probably stay with this for a while. idk pay is ok for starting salary
>im happy when im working out, yeah

Uber. Work when I want, make good money, pay no taxes, maybe a nice refund this year. Get to gym at 10 am so never a wait for anything. Meet interesting people all day long, nights to meet fun young people and have a good time. Generally great all around, honestly my soul crushing loneliness and depression is my own fault.

>Manager of bar / media and journalist student
>3k net monthly
>No
>Already have full time job lined up from paid internship at big company
>Flow would describe mood better

Student with part time job(s), Uber driver in the weekend nights, sometimes I work in a web development company on projects, pretty juicy. Also I import stuff into my 3rd world country and resell it.
Net around $2000 a month. Pretty good in my country.
Not really, my schedule is very flexible.
Once I graduate I want to start my own software development company focusing on hardened secure software.
More or less, yes.

I've got some bad news for you nigger. The company is required to provide your 1099 to the IRS if you make over so much a year.

I'd look into it.

Mate, there's loads of publications on speech recognition with deep learning!

T. Did PhD in audio processing, now earning not enough (£47k). Trying to retrain and get more ML on my CV and get the insane salaries which are possible.

Engineer at Pic related
95k in low CoL area
Flexible schedule, gym at work has everything
This is my first job out of school hasn't been 6 months yet idk
Very comfy

Holy shit you're living the dream!

Have you tried working in those sedentary estrogenic pits known as the modern office? Seriously, fuck that. Let the women and soyfats bitch at each other all day in their pantsuits.

Currently "self employed" I like having the ability to eat and train however and whenever I want.

Im an architect as well. What do you mean by architect tech? Do you hate it?

C O P E you projecting white cuck

NASA engineer
You'd be surprised... Good resume but low end salary
Not at all
Yes I want to launch one rocket and then make a big salary jump. Grabbing certs and education while working.
I'm pretty happy but I visit my college town a lot to see my friends or try to game with them online. I have no idea how to make friends outside of school/dorm/etc.

You should be able to get nice commissions as a real estate agent. How come you don't like it?

Join a sport. I'm trying not to make friends rn so I can train but friends just happen. I made friends at my Muay Thai gym

Unemployment right now /Student
Living from previous salary
Soon it will if I won't find anything
Yes I get bored after few months in every job
Not exactly, my life is so stale right now

Yeah I want to move towards Orlando to find more people my age/friends from school and I have thought that I would join a martial art then. Just have to deal with commute. Just wish things were more natural and I didn't have to move away from the places and people I love every 4 years.

You fucking colossal retard. Letting a woman support you while you get to hangout and exercise all day is practically the polar opposite of being a cuck.

>student
>$0
>Not really
>Changing schools this year
>No but I'm going to be

Forensic Technician at a Medical Examiner's Office. I do autopsies and remove dead people from where they die.
>current salary?
43k base + overtime. Grossed 50k this year.
Yes. I work 10 hour shifts 1300-2330 four times a week. Its physically demanding so it leaves me with little energy and motivation to lift. Sometimes I drive 400+ miles a day with no break until 2230-2330, so I eat on the road alot. Very unhealthy.
Yes, my first job out of college was in Healthcare IT and I want to go back to doing that. Forensics is really sweet but I'm not a fan of the schedule nor my bullshit manager.
>are you happy?
In most aspects of my life, but not work. Also, seeing death every single day in its most grotesque forms is getting old, fast.

s t a y r e t r o

I'm a History teacher for a grammar school (selective school) in the UK.
>>current salary?
£28.5K
No, teaching hours are only about 4-5 per day, lots of time to meal prep and workout. Only adjustment is getting up at 6am which I still am not 100% accustomed to (night owl if left to my own devices).
Progression? Probably not, the workload for the pay given is insanely bad here in the UK. I am thinking of changing careers but I'd probably have to go back and do a grad scheme. The job isn't terribly stressful due to the nature of the school I work in, but I'd walk out if I had to work in a comprehensive school, I did that once and the kids are out of control, and the parents don't give a fuck.
>are you happy?
Eh so-so. It's nice finishing at 3.30 every day and holidays are cool. Plus theres great satisfaction to be had when kids see you as a positive influence, but the rest of the time I feel uninspired. If it wasn't for the fact I work in an 'outstanding' rated school I would've quit.

I know dipshit. I didn't mean that don't have to file. It's just my style of driving, current tax structure and a couple things I do with a home business scheme mean I have a deduction higher than my tax liability no matter what.

Mailman.

Its a great job. Burn about 1500kcal extra every work day. Good pay for low-skilled job.

And I make another £100-200 per week doing matched betting.

Advertisment entrepreneur
>current salary?
80k when passive 120k when active
0 debt after paying off business loans
It did when I was starting out, I lived out of my office at times and barely had time to eat or sleep. That's flipped and now I have all the time in the world and spend most of it with my daughter
I'll either be moving into a similar field in a different country/part of my country or learning an artisan craft like blacksmithing or pottery. I feel like I'm too old to get into a trade even though I'm interested.
>are you happy?
I'm happy with my personal circumstances but furious about some of the social change being pushed because it treats citizens like second class humans.
I debated getting into politics to try and change things but I'm not sure I could bend my morals in other areas to get progress. I'll likely either start an advocacy group to protect citizens or move my family somewhere a little more remote, as our town is quickly growing and is the largest in the area.

How did you get in with NASA?

I'm a bar tender at 2 different places. I'm also in school but I fucking hate it. I'm doing poorly in my classes and I just don't like my major. I've already switched majors like 3 times and I'm still unhappy.

The money is fine I guess. I'll make anywhere from $120-$350 a night but lately tips have gone down because management has bee fucking things up.

Since I only have to work at night, working out is pretty easy.

I fucking hope I cant get out of this hell hole. I don't want to be working here when I'm in my 30's.

No, I'm not happy. And since I'm surrounded my booze and depressed drunks it makes it harder for me not to turn into a alcoholic.

Lmao at you not paying taxes
If you made more than 500 this year Uber sends the IRS your info, even if you didn’t you’re expected to pay taxes on wages and you’re going to get fucked

Sounds like school might be the wrong answer. Tried looking at apprenticeships or learning a craft/trade?

My condolences, fellow britbong. I have bad memories of rummaging through the Tesco bargain bin during my DPhil and postdoc. Move to the US if you can -- I literally tripled my salary doing the exact same thing (coding up variational autoencoders and GANs).

Yeah I thought about trying to get into IT. I don't have any exp in IT but I know that its a booming field and it will give me a lot of options. I just hope I can stick with it though. I tend to lose interest and quit when things get too difficult for me.

Don't fall for the IT meme. IT can mean a lot of things, but only top level software engineers will make any money. If you're just a mediocre sydadmin then your job is getting outsourced for sure.

Fuck then I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Construction or HVAC
Helps activity, you're unionized, pays well, is male dominated and it's seasonal dips are telegraphed and consistent.

I'm a dealer and I make bank. Working out is also easy af.