My bottle of Ashwagandha (KSM-66) just arrived

My bottle of Ashwagandha (KSM-66) just arrived.
What should I expect? Will I die from taking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26609282
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4609357/
ssu.ac.ir/ijrm/index.php/ijrm/article/view/498/447
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withaferin_A#Regulation_of_heat_shock_proteins
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383512000639
florenceshop4it.com/2011/shopping-for-shearling-coats-in-florence/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck is with all of the bizarre Indian garbage spices posts lately.
None of them work. Homeopathic garbage.

I've actually got to know about it when I read a thread here on Veeky Forums.
There's a lot of studies done with Ash and all of them were pretty positive senpai.

examine.com is your friend.

Full breakdown with links to studies etc.

Expect to feel a bit calmer and less anxious if you're an anxious person. If not, then I don't know if you'll notice. But it helps me slightly.

After a few weeks/months it seems to have more effect.

Also, don't fall into the ksm-66 thing. Don't pay more for the same thing... The cheap ones from amazon work just the same. I've tried most brands. Swanson and Himalaya are good and cheap.

Better taken on an empty stomach for sure. It says to take it with food on the back but that's just to avoid getting nauseous if you're a phaggot.

Took the first pill and noticed some swelling around my throat. Probably the thyroid.

Should I be worried? I've never had thyroid problems and nothing on my family.

Heard this cause fertility problems and heavy metal poisoning

Source?

look up the pubmed article that shows that Ashwagandha (KSM-66) may lead to lower testosterone.

You probably just suck at taking pills or didn't drink enough water.

You shouldn't be worried though, no. It won't be your thyroid. The worst possible, and extremely unlikely scenario is that you're allergic to it somehow.

I'd combine these with magnesium. Definitely takes the edge off of general anxiety throughout the day. It was pretty noticeable for me. The way I look at it is, placebo or not, who the fuck cares it works stop bitching.

This one shows the opposite

link?
lads is this true?

it increases estrogen

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4609357/

>Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study

In women

Are you retarded? It's a study in women.
Men react differently to Ashwagandha and it actually increases testosterone even if indirectly by reducing cortisol.

>>shitting on homeopathic supplements by calling out a fairly well studied supplement with documented anxiolytic effects in double blinded RCTs

You should be wary of snake oil, but part of critical thinking includes being open to thigs working better than you expected as well as worse than expected. Plenty of garbage out there, but ashwagandha is legit. Another excellent supplement is maca.

Take 2 before going to bed. Relaxing af throughout the following day.

I take them with ZMA before sleep. Sleep better ever before and have weirdest dreams. Began last week with taking them.

I'm a lazy cunt but if you literally put Ashwagandha testosterone in google they did a study on young men training with weights while using and a control who werent and the ones who used had significantly better recovery+gains as well as having increased testosterone, lowered cortisol and a list of other more minor benefits.

Just link it here, because I couldn't find it.

I never noticed anything while taking it, meme supp tee bee haich

ssu.ac.ir/ijrm/index.php/ijrm/article/view/498/447

this increases estrogen in males

>Homeopathic
>Supplement with significant amounts of active components.

user learn your psuedeo sciences

>diabetic rats
Great study on healthy humans you have there.
Are you retarded, or just pretending? You do realize that trials in humans outweigh animals ones, right?

Nobody replying to the actual linked study below

male rats*. testings done on rats always sets the pace for future research and predictors. that's why they did the study on male rats to begin with. carefully read page 3.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26609282
"Compared to the placebo subjects, the group treated with ashwagandha had significantly greater increases in muscle strength..."

"This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program."

Apparently, neither of you can read.
> A comparison of sexual hormone levels
between control and somnifera-treated group in
animal samples indicated that there was no
significant difference in the estrogen level between treated and non-treated groups (figure 1).

this study was debunked

By who? Link the debunk.

Feel free to explain how

Posting entire manuscript, in case anons don’t have same journal access I have.

1/11

it's a meta study in pub med i read year. i can't be your research assistant

2/11

read last*

3/11

A study that shows positive effects on males undergoing strength training.
One on female "humans".
One on rats.

Why are people shitting on it?

Just tell people to use sci-hub.

You're the one making claims and asking us to go after them? What the fuck.
If you claim something, you cite the source. That's how it works.

I took it 2 days in a row and then had the worst flu-like symptoms of my life, like literally... I didn't know it was possible to feel so bad, I spent 2.5 days in bed, only getting out to pee

but I'm sure it was just a coincidence, will take it again in a day or two

4/11

DAS IT MANE

5/11

I remember one day I took magnesium and I had diarrhea and stomach the whole next day.
Thought it was related to how it helps people shit, but it was actually just some coincidence that I had also eaten some bad food at the same day.

Took a 60 capsule bottle just because of how many people talk about it on here. Didn't notice any changes whatsoever.

Could have been a herxheimer reaction. Do you, by chance, have AIDS?

6/11

7/11

8/11

9/11

Just googled it, pretty fascinating read

if anything It'd be lymes disease, since I'm constantly tired

10/11

11/11

So they conclude that it might be useful.
Cool, why are people shitting on ash here itt?

I have the exact one as in OP's pic

how many pills/day ?

This sounds great for lifters with bad anxiety and panic disorder that wonder why they can't make gains

because it's not a synthetic drug

See methods section on dosing; 300mg concentrated pill per day was used.

>bait

not much t b h

The pic says "supports resistance to fatigue", which sounds like it could help increase your reps; however, ashwagandha is also marketed as a potential catalyst in stress reduction (see user's manuscript). Either way, you're stressing your body and subjecting it to fatigue when you work out which indicates to me ashwagandha possibly being useful as a pre-workout for strength gains or even post-workout for recovery.

bitch ashwagandha

you're gonna get cancer if you keep using that cytotoxic shit. ksm-66 is the ony acceptable brand

ksm-66 is not even a brand you fucking mongol
ksm-66 is a designation for what part of the plant it is, most ashwagandha is ksm-66 even if it's not labeled that way

Ashwaghanda has profiles for cytotoxicity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withaferin_A#Regulation_of_heat_shock_proteins

>Researchers have demonstrated the regulation of Hsp90 co-chaperone CDC37 through direct irreversible binding of withaferin A to C-terminus of Hsp90.[9] Withaferin induces aggregation of Hsp90, dissociation of Hsp90- CDC37 complex and down regulation of Hsp90 target proteins mediated through proteasomal degradation. Induction of heat shock response by withaferin provides cytoprotective property whereas inhibition of heat shock protein activity will lead to apoptosis. This dual property of withaferin on heat shock protein might be due to the concentration of withaferin and cellular content.

What the fuck does that even mean, I'm a brainlet

>Will I die from taking it?
I hope so.

Dude, I have no idea how to read what's writen there.
It's just a patented extract. Similar to sensoril.

this

Bump for cytotoxicity

> be me, supplements industry
> commission some "studies" with monetary incentives to show our products work
> sheep spread these peer-destroyed "studies" as gospel for free
> multibillion dollar industry sustains itself
muh scientific method

>Supplements industry
>Not a powerful natural herb
Ashwagandha is literally a root that has been around for millenia. All these studies are simply confirming the benefits that has been known to the pajeets for years.

Anything that increases testosterone will increase estrogen a bit too.

expect background improvements. That is to say you will feel generally better and it will be doing a lot of good in your body, but there wont be any one specifically over the top thing that stands out.

>Ashwaghanda has profiles for cytotoxicity.
In cancerous cells, such as your post.
>Yu, Yanke; Hamza, Adel; Zhang, Tao; Gu, Mancang; Zou, Peng; Newman, Bryan; Li, Yanyan; Gunatilaka, A. A. Leslie; Zhan, Chang-Guo (2010-02-15). "Withaferin A targets heat shock protein 90 in pancreatic cancer cells". Biochemical Pharmacology. 79 (4): 542–551. doi:10.1016/j.bcp.2009.09.017. ISSN 1873-2968. PMC 2794909Freely accessible. PMID 19769945.

BTFO

This is my first post in this thread and I have no idea about the efficacy of the substance at issue, but it's pretty sad how someone bothered to link the full text of a study and either

1. None of you fucks bothered to read it, or

2. You are all academic illiterates who have no idea how to read empirical research period.

The posted study is, at very most, an interesting start (and more likely demonstrative of nothing at all), for the following three reasons:

1. The samples are small. n=25 for each group, which would be a methodological red flag in basically any biological context but especially with something as complicated as what is being studied.

>but user, a lot of these other fitness related studies have small samples too!

This is evidence of a discipline-wide problem with fitness research, not that this is good standard. There's a reason there's so much bullshit and contradictory information out there.

2. The subjects are all novices. This is a problem specific to studying training adaptations (and variables that might affect it), but unless you are trying to answer a question specific to untrained physiology studying novices isn't very informative of how training adaptation works more generally.

3. The actual statistical details of the results are unimpressive, possibly as a result of the above two problems. Look at how many substantive claims are followed with p values >.001. I'm aware that significance thresholds vary across fields, but you can't pretend to be talking about biological facts with some of the numbers on display here.

Is the statistical weakness of the results because pajeet herb is bullshit, just coincidence, an artifact of sampling/methodological issues? I have no idea; as I said, I'm not pretending to be informed on the efficacy of this particular substance. I'm just saying that the posted study isn't justificatory grounds for it.

(((you)))

>kek

I didn't bother because I have no academic background on biology or anything related to supplementation.
All I do is to read the summary, the results and discussions. That's not my field and I have no idea what they talk about.
Now, anyone with background can just come here and teach why it's bad like you did.
But, there's still the conclusion there. I'm just following it.

loldidntread

Thanks, just sold 100k

>you can have too much heavy metal

>the regulation of Hsp90 co-chaperone CDC37 through direct irreversible binding of withaferin A to C-terminus of Hsp90.
This is TERRIBLE for your deadlift

do you know how to install minecraft? notch is ignoring me

Kek

Check'd

Nah that won't do shit to your dealift you fucking brainlet but your bench and ohp will start lagging like mad.

Enjoy your t-rex mode

I fel bretty gud when i took Ashy last summer.

What's better, KSM-66 or Sensoril?

It honestly depends what you're after. Most researches are done with KSM-66, so you got that assurance.
Also, people claim that Sensoril is better for anxiety.

KSM-66 is much better, more potent and everyone recommends it so I would start with that. If you get good results then try sensoril

So easy to spot an Ameritard

Mirin

There are natural heat shock inhibitors(*).

It's helpful getting the prerequisites for, e.g., blood replacement (iron, plenty of protein, etc.), and plenty of water for flushing that stuff.

>*
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383512000639

ok what are heat shock inhibitors? Is this cytotoxicity something to worry about?

BUMP

got you senpai
>florenceshop4it.com/2011/shopping-for-shearling-coats-in-florence/