/fat/ - ebin Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
>For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
>sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
>fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
>losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
>myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
>community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Reminder

>go to market
>see a party sized bag of m&ms (crispy)
>realize I have no friends and therefore no one to party with.
>didn't buy them
Did...did I just hack dieting? I hope....

good job user

Weigh in
>started at 305
>feel under 300, will officially know tomorrow
>want to be 180

I had a large sake at sushi tonight. No rolls. Just straight sashimi so I know I loaded up on protein for very few calories. I have no idea how many calories were in the 22 oz of sake I drank though. I hope it's not that bad.

Confess.

Is there any point to trying to lose weight if you suffer from manletism? No matter what I do I'll still be one, might as well just be a fat one.

I'm tempted on going over my carbs amount with a Wendy's Caesar salad.

Right now, you're fat and short.
If you lose weight, you'll just be short and that isn't nearly as bad as a setback.

ive done 30 minutes of cardio everyday for the past two weeks. cheers cunts

I'll never be able to change it though. I could try to get fit but then you're still just a fit short guy easily passed over for someone of average height who isn't fat.

Self improvement is about maximizing your potential. Improving your appearance will improve your job prospects as well as your income. Which will allow you to be Veeky Forums as fuck. Which will allow you into more parties, clubs, art galleries, and other swanky social situations. Which will allow networking to better connections and better social standing. All of it will allow you to more access to better sexual situations. Take the steps to make your life better. It's self improvement. Your life will improve. You just have to do the work.

I’m 5’11” tall. Started out at 278 lbs 7 weeks ago tomorrow. A regular doctors visit inspired me to actively attempt to lose weight. I have always yo yo’d but my previous highest weight had been 270 and seeing those numbers seriously depressed and motivated me at the same time. As of today I’ve lost 25 lbs. I’ve done this with next to no exercise, just by radically changing my diet , reducing my calorie consumption, and sheer willpower. My question is if I were to incorporate regular exercise at this point, what kind of a difference could I expect to see?

Regular cardio a day would enhance weight loss and make you feel better in general as it would improve blood flow and oxygenate the blood giving you more energy. Lifting weights if you are underdeveloped would give you improvements to strength as well as give you form so that when you do get to goal weight you will look better and would probably circumvent the level you need to cut to in order to feel confident about your body. Exercise is always an improvement and worth it so start planning to move your body whether that's just cutting harder with cardio or moving heavy objects for entertainment.

10 magnums.. i coulnd't stop at one and ate a montly supply

How many calories is a magnum condom?

kek

One of my problems is that I have chronic low back pain/herniated discs/sciatica and I know I use that as an excuse not to exercise. At the same I’ve been thinking that if I’ve been able to lose 25 lbs without exercise, if I were to start it’d probably kick start me into higher gear. And I know crash diets typically don’t work long term, so I’ve been educating myself a ton on diet, and am committed to making this a permanent lifestyle change. Just need some encouragement.

Lose that belly and it will take a huge amount of pressure off of your lower back. Just start with some daily walks and increase in time and intensity as you feel more comfortable doing it.

Got a job at gas station, free food all night, iced coffee and roller grill items followed by diarrhea. We have to replace roller grill food every 2 hours.

Well /fat/, after several years of obesity, I'm happy to say I'm clinically no longer overweight. Yes, BF% is much more important than BMI, but it's a milestone nonetheless. I started my journey last September, and one year from that date, I think I should be looking pretty god damn good.

not fat but i just sat and ate an entire thing of peanuts which totaled to 1280 calories and 56g protein. now i ruined my macros/calories for the day and feel fat. don't buy peanuts/peanut butter if you have no self control lads

I had that Wendy's Caesar salad.
Didn't even go over my carb limit since I didn't get croutons on it.

Let me tell you something bro. I'll tell you what motivates me. At my old gym, there was an ex-Army bro, prosthetic legs on account of a war wound. Dude repped on bench 335 for sets of 10 and was maybe 9% bodyfat.

I've got a whole tautology of injuries, including cracked vertebrae, but I think about Armybro, how much worse he has it, and how much better he does with what he's got, and I push myself harder.

Getting started is always the hardest part about losing weight. Once you start you get into a habit and just glide through 30 or so pounds.

As a catholic, I always welcome lent because it's the easiest time to lose weight in my opinion.

this picture is fucking retarded

It's impossible for a former fatfuck to become ripped like that because of inevitable loose skin

However it is possible for a former fatfuck to live with decency and respect for themselves and their body, which is what we should all strive for

>It's impossible for a former fatfuck to become ripped like that because of inevitable loose skin
depends on how fat you are. If you were under morbid obesity, muscles will likely fill in the space that loose skin leaves.

>Enter thread despite not being fat
>Expect to find a bunch of shit posting and brap posting
>People are actually encouraging each other and giving constructive and helpful comments
I gotta say I'm quite surprised. I hope all you guys make it. I can tell you as someone who went from skinny to buff, that it's a beautiful feeling. The feeling of not having to worry what other people will think about you because your body is out of the ordinary (in a bad way), but now instead I can walk around with my head up high because I know I look better than 97% of people out there and if they do look at me it will be because they are jealous or they are miring.

Get fit guys. The journey is well worth the prize. You will look better, you will feel better, your confidence will go up and everyone around you will feel it.

>start lifting at 14
>close to 180lbs at a whopping 5’5
>bulk like a fucking retard and lift like an absolute fucking retard (imagine leeman/bugenhagen style except with worse form and less effort) until sophomore year of high school, destroying my metabolism in the process
>finally start cutting christmas 2015 after hitting a peak of 220lbs
>now
>160lbs, look like ive been lifting for a month even though ive been kicking my own fucking ass for the past 5 fucking years and i still look like fucking shit fuck fuck fuck FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>tfw realize i will never look good

im going to commit suicide but i want to do it in a messy way in a public place. how best do?

>talking to friend about fitness/weight loss
>my family/friend can eat anything they want and stay skinny but i'm cursed with a slow metabolism
god i hate the shit normies say to convince themselves it's hopeless and all muh genetics.

I don't feel like attracting females or having sex is the ultimate goal. That makes me feel like something is wrong with me to be honest. I do want to be the healthy athletic guy, but sex and the youthful hookup culture seems so hollow to me. I'd rather lift for my own health but I haven't had any scares yet and so I am too comfortable even though I am overweight

See that's a much better goal than aiming to have sex with a lot of chicks, although that'd be rad aswell. I just want to feel like I did back when I was thin. It was refreshing. I felt light, confident, flexible, all of those.

indeed

trips of truth speak nigger

I'd like to think it's a wise approach. But most of days I just think I'm a powerless cuck who lacks the primitive sex energy and drive to accomplish big things. It's like I'm trying to be all wise but I've got none of the real answers.

Good.

KEEP FUCKING GOING!

help me father for i have sinned

Today I finally reached sub 100kg

Can't wait for sub 90

I really really like this image. Can I save it?

I think i might be pre diabetic but im afraid to go to the doctor.
I have strong reactions to most kinds of candies (headaches) and im overall always feeling like shit
Is there a way to know if im already fucked or still salvageable?

1500 calories today
still under but feel bad about it
fasting all weekend lets goooooooo

When is it acceptable to have a cheat meal? I haven't had fast food since November, and while I still have around 20 pounds left to lose, I really, really would like a burger or a few slices of pizza tomorrow.

Ironically, seeing how she's fat herself.

This is probably a dumb question but is BMR affected by fat distribution? I've seen other women my weight that look like circular blobs but I'm quite evenly distributed and have a more toned body. Do I burn less calories than blobular folks?

How the fuck is she fat?

Once a week, provided that it is just a meal and not a day long bender.

Just binge ate again. I keep fucking up and every time it just puts me on a darker road.

Just look at her
Stuffing her fat face while spouting diet advice.
Terrible!

Once every few months having fast food is fine user. As long as you realize that it you go over your calories, you'll have to deal with it.

I have weekends where I drink a shitload, and I try and make up for it by dancing all night or walking home rather than taxiing. As long as you keep your self control, you do what you need to.

I don't know if recording my calories is good for my mental health. I was losing just fine for weeks by eating properly without it, but recording all the calories now simultaneously depresses me and gives me anxiety. I don't know what to do.

Fuck I tired fat. I havent eaten all day (OMAD), been at work since 8.20am and it's now 7.30pm. haven't been sleeping because stressed with deadlines. Straight after this I have to go grocery shopping, and then go home and cook. It's taking all my will power not to give into the fast food demons right now. I just have no motivation to cook a meal. I was planning on doing a curry with brown rice but I might try and cook something that takes less time.

Or I'll suck it up.

Help yourself nigga

The way your body distributes fat is genetic with a strong correlation to race/ethnicity, and should be considered separately from BMR for practical purposes. BMR is badly misunderstood by most people, and most charts that show enormous BMR distributions use data that has not been normalized for race, height, age, and sex. Basically, another woman your height, age, and race won't have a BMR all that different from you. The difference might be about that of a Pop-Tart's worth of calories at the high end.

Suck it up you superhuman fat-furnace you.

>down to 183
>Go to doctor for knee tendon enquiry/medicine
>ask about gyno while I'm there
>doctor asks if i'm on steroids several times
>I'm not, so I say no
>gives me a "Really, nigga?" face
Still not sure if she was saying I have huge bitch tits or that I'm muscular. Don't know if mired, insulted or both.

YOU STOP THAT

SHE'S PERFECT

Fuck thanks user. That's what I needed. I'm going home and cooking that curry that I planned out. Gonna use my homegrown chilli's in it too.

I'm doing OMAD and ADF so I feel your pain. We're going to make it because the only thing stopping us is ourselves.

I've been working overnights and sleeping all day for the past 8 months and recently quit because the job was enabling an unhealthy lifestyle. I put on 70 pounds and it's sadly took a toll on my body and stamina. The fat mainly went to my stomach and I'm really unsure where to start in terms of working out.

you're addicted to fast food. Do you think an alcoholic should treat themselves to a drink every once in a while? No there's such a chance for relapse and you don't need it.

try omad or fasting
no calorie counting needed

Baby steps, user. Maybe work on your diet for a week or two, then after that start a gym routine. For gym maybe 5x5 and then add accessories as you start to get a feel for it. After that maybe add gentle cardio like walking, cycling or pool running. C25k is a good place to start for running if you aren’t so far gone as to damage your knees.

Diet is up to you and the most important for fat loss, calories and macros are really what determines weight loss. So find out your TDEE via sail rabbit and track calories with apps MyFitnessPal, Cronometer, LoseIt or a spreadsheet. I’ll note you have to eat less than your TDEE by 500kcal a day to see 1lb a week in fat loss

Yesterday I had a butterfinger mini DQ blizzard which is like 350 calories. These ice cream/custard mixes that have little chunks of other candy in it are probably the dessert I crave the most when I've gone a long time without dessert.

Something that worked for me is to just search low impact workouts on youtube and just find a video you can exercise along with. Simple dumbbell exercises are good to get you started.

Like the other user said diet will be the most important for your weight loss. One of the first things you should try to do is just try to be more mindful of the caloric values of foods and the nutrition they hold. Once I trained my brain to realize about the size of meat or pasta or veggie that was considered a portion or the calories I would expect in it, I kinda stopped using the calorie tracking apps. Another tip I would say is try different foods, the ideal food for you will be nutrition dense, quick and easy to prepare, something that is not bland, and something you could sensible see yourself eating every day forever. For example I've tried a few different breakfasts like avocado toast with eggs but eventually I have landed on oatmeal with pumpkin in it, and I love it so much I could eat this every morning forever.

Fast to raise insulin sensitivity. Pre-diabetes caused by an extremely garbage diet is easily curable.

Got my hands on high quality cod and lean grassfed pork

>my mother is slowly understanding that I am losing weight
>she still mumbles sometimes that it is not healthy, tho

Am I winning?

I had 1500 calories today which consisted of 2 slices of pizza and miller lite.

what do i do about binge eating, it happens so often and makes me want to die

Going into the 2nd week of my diet, literally dreaming about hamburgers and fries haha

today is the day, i'll start again

Continuing on with my StrongLifts program. Started from empty bar on everything:
Deadlift - 1x5 lmao2pl8, need to work on form more
Squat - 5x5 205 lb
Bench - 5x5 lmao1pl8
Bendover Row - 100 lb. Curl bars don't go any higher, so now I have to find an unattended barbell.
Overhead Press - 75 lb.

I don't really know how long 1/2/3/4 is meant to take, so I made a NYR to hit 0.5/1/1.5/2, and I've already got 3 of them down. Here's hoping I can get to 1/2/3/4 before the end of the year. I don't know when I might start to plateau or how much it will slow down to.

Otherwise, counting calories, trying to stay good on my diet. Always reminds me of that image from Bojack Horseman, "Every day it gets easier, but you have to do it every day. That's the hard part."

sorry but ive gotta ask
since all the lifting threads are full of faggots who dont even lift, are the /fat/ threads full of thin people?

the last one was.

I'm 15kg down from 105 to 90. It feels good but how much more should I lose? I'm thinking 15kg more would be ideal, or should I go for more?

Two weeks of working out every other day and having a rigorous diet
One month of lifting my dumb bells every so often.

What drives me is seeing how big I am right after and during training, give me a V shape body even if I still have a stomach.

>MFW making spaghetti all macros and calories calculated
>roomate having some crisps and puts some on my plate without asking while I'm doing the dishes
>"hehe user have some at least I won't feel so guilty about eating crap hehe"

Fucking hell, have to do extra cardio today because of her, baka

Stop.

Just don't eat them for fucks sake. It's not her fault you have no will power.

It actually doesn't.

>literally admits to being a goblin trying to drag you down to her level
>still fall for it

You can do it!!!!!!!

If you aren't having meals when you're at school or at work and then you get home and you're so hungry that you just binge like crazy, do some meal prep and be sure to eat that lunch. Have something in you so you aren't just in a ravenous hunger when you get home. Eat 3 meals a day and eat enough so you are full to try to avoid binge eating.

I fucking did it mate. I went grocery shopping, resisted all the temptations of oven pizzas and shit, went home, did my dishes and then cooked the curry. It tasted so fucking good, and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

Thank you /fat/. That's the closest I have been to giving in in months, just because I'm exhausted. You guys helped me make it through.

She literally put them on my plate. What was i supposed to do? Thrown them in the bin while she was looking?

Calm the Fuck down, I'm just going to do 20 min of cardio today, stop acting like regards. That kind of mindset makes you fail, fat Fucks.

>stop acting like regards

>have to do extra excercise because of her
I don't give a fuck what you eat, but don't complain that it was because of someone else. Take some responsibility for your choices. If you didn't want them, you could have declined, or had one and thrown the rest out, or any other number of things.

>She literally put them on my plate

Oh shit that seals the deal, doesn't it? No backing out now.
Fucking weak fatass.

>fucking hell
>baka
>""hehe user have some at least I won't feel so guilty about eating crap hehe"

So just from these 2 posts we've established you have low will power, are submissive to you female roommate, and too much of a pussy to tell her straight up
A) Hey flatmate i'm actually fookin dietin' now innit so i canny eat dis blak puddin'
B) Where dese crispies done come from den blood? nah nah nah mate dats a waste man ting i aint about dat food but cheers love

Stand the fuck up for yourself weeb.

This is what you gonna get most likely and i only was like 235 at max, 5'8. I'm still losing weight, but that sag of skin and marks ain't going anywhere. And no girls are not attracted to good looks, but to good personality. Being fit won't make you smart, funny, courageous and yadda yadda it will just give you some confidence and faith in yourself.

How tall are you in cm?

Remember that feel when you feel socially inept and submissive, stupid fuckers?

Keep on dieting and exercising, you must show the world you are not a pussy

If not, do not whine about the worls being unfair, you made your bed

I understood it too late

5'11 here and was 220 at largest. Hoping I make the cutoff.

Shoutouts to the positivity in this thread. Lil B would be proud.

I was never fat fat, but I was skinny fat before. I would recommend starting a lifting program such as Rippetoes Starting Strength or StrongLifts.
I believe in bro-science that making muscle is the fastest way to lose fat.

And eat right. That's probably easiest way to see quick results. Try to squeeze in vegetables when you can. Try to avoid carbs like rice and bread, and try to replace with protein.

Lose the sodas, and cut the beer as much as you can.

Yogurt is a nice snack that is somewhat filling. Coconut is a fat that burns fat.

Biting the bullet and seeing the doctor for a blood test is far better than waiting years until your feet fall off. I also worried I was prediabetic but it turned out fine.

go on a quest to find recipes that keep you sated.
low on the carbs, heavy on the protons.

Eating junk food when you really want to eat it is the worst time to eat it.

If you were a fat blob he probably wouldn't ask

You gotta go completely clean, change your gut bacteria, meaning absolutely no shit food