Help pls

Hey what’s up Veeky Forums. Fat guy here tired of being obese. I’m just looking to get some insight about my routine and my caloric intake.

I’m using MyFitnessPal and keeping track of my calories. I bought a food scale and have been really ontop of that for the past 2 weeks.

>pic related is my intake today I’ll post macros and routine in comments

I’m doing 15 minutes of light cardio before I start lifting weights and 30 mins of cardio after I’m done lifting weights

I’m doing Monday/chest/back
Tuesday/off
Wednesday/ arms
Thursday/chest/back
Friday/off
Sat/arms
Sun/abs-cardio

I would appreciate any feedback/suggestions to help expedite my weight loss

cardio every day
longer cardio
more intense cardio
cut your carbs as low as you possibly can
you can try fasting also

Thank you I will definitely look at that thread. And yes, I noticed my carb I Take was pretty high. And I try to jog but i get burned out so fast. So I alternate between jogging/ fast walking in the treadmill

it takes a little while to build up your stamina on cardio if you're just starting out, just keep at it

Thank you. Are you currently doing the intermittent fasting?

this might help you develop your stamina

>4292 calories

Is this including your TDEE? Because there's no way you burned that many calories in a day from a walk.

It's only been two weeks, you got obese over the course of years. Keep on top of your diet, measure everything.

The Fitbit is weird it like measures your heart rate while you sleep and says you’ve burned x amount of calories

But this is my work out today. I’m just leaving the gym

This is my 15 minute warm up

Today I did chest and back

30 minute after lifting cardio

Whenever you see a "calories burned" just ignore it. There's literally no way of accurately measuring it unless you performed all of these exercises in a calorimeter. Don't ever think that you can eat a 300kcal chocolate bar because your app said you burned 428kcal.

Just stick to your daily max intake. Remember, it took years to build up your fat, it's not gonna slide off in weeks. You can do this! Just stay focused, make sure you get to the gym 3x a week. Don't be dismayed if your lifts stall quickly, because you're cutting. I hope to see you posting again in 6 months saying how great your journey is progressing :).

Consider staring C25K if you want to do cardio, although you might have to do a couple more weeks of walking before you start that, depending on your fitness level.

Most of all, have fun! Research a bunch of healthy meals to make and try, you'd be surprised at what actually ends up tasting nice.

What does a day of eating look like for you now?

No, I've never done fasting, I just track my calories on MyFitnessPal and do cardio and lifting. Lost 70 pounds last year

A few months ago I was very overweight (for my height) at 217 lbs. Now that's not obese but it's definitely overweight. I got tired of how I looked so I began tracking my calorie intake and making sure I was under my maintenance. I also did cardio (worked my way up to 6miles pr nonstop). I am now 5'10, 185 lbs. I'm still skinny fat, but I just have to get in the gym more. I didn't go to the gym much while I was losing.

Basically, losing weight is simple. Just be consistent and make sure you are under your maintenance calories. It all boils down cal in vs. cal out. People comment about how I'm looking way thinner and they're surprised when I show them videos of the old me. Just try to eat clean and be in a caloric deficit.

You can do it. We're all gonna make it bros.

Thanks guys I started eating healthier about 2.5 weeks ago I cut out soda, candy, fast food and started going to the gym pretty consistently I’m already noticing some very minor changes. I weighed myself when I started and I was at 351 I weighed myself this morning and I’m at 343

I know it’s nothing crazy but it’s nice seeing some results

Chest
do 3 exercises delete guillotine db press.
back do 3 exercises delete underhand cable pull down.

How long does it take to finish
3 exercise 3sets 10 reps ?

Add legs/shoulder/arms day.
Squat 3sets 12 reps
DB shoulder press 3 sets 12 reps
arms superset
Tricept extension with cable 12 reps
follow with superset DB curls 12 reps.

Delete arms only day.
Mon chest
Tue home bodyweight workout
Wed Back
Thurs off
Fri Legs/shoulder/arms
Sat home body weight workout
Sun off

Workout 3 times a week, 2 body weight workout session a week.

How much weight do you want lose ? How fast do you want reach your goals ?

Can you do it in 12 weeks ? Or 12 month ?

It may not be super fast and chances are if you're lifting then you're probably getting some muscle mass too. People who are beginners at exercise can generally gain muscle and lose weight simultaneously.

Ideally I’d like to get down to 200 lbs. I’ve also been taking prework out, BCAAs during my lifting and protein powder when I get home

Ok for the love of god please don't listen to this retard. Cutting carbs as low as it can go is a great way to cheat with weight Loss you will lose it like crazy. The only problem...as soon as you start eating carbs again your weight will sky rocket because your body will be attempting to replace what you stole from it. The best way to lose weight is slow and steady. sure it might take you 6months to a year but it will stay off unless you just go back to eating ungodly amounts again.

Seriously I'm not fucking with you these fad diets that cut out carbs work crazy well but 80% of people will gain all the weight back plus some when they start eating the regular amount of carbs again

But am I currently eating too many carbs? How much is too much?

How so it says you still have 68 carbs left over

Healthy weight loss is about 2.5 lbs a week. You can push that to 5-6 without to my problems but anything beyond that is dangerous to your heart liver kidneys and body

When i do macros i either do a 35% carbs 35% protein and 30% fat

Or I do 40% carb 35%protein 25%fat

Meaning 40% of your cals come from carbs 35% from protein and 25% from fat

I was just wondering if 200+ carbs a day was excessive.

These are mine from yesterday (12:10 am my time)

Idk depends on your size and your TDEE/calories you need to be eating at a 500-600 deficit. Once you know your total allowed cals multiply by .4 or .35 then divide by 4 that's your total carbs you should eat

Ya that's slightly high try to keep those carbs around 35% to 40% that way you can eat more protein wjich will help you build muscle and also power your way through more workouts

Side note try to incorporate some different body groups. Arms and chest are great show muscles but dont neglect the back and legs or shoulders

Yes I’m gonna try to rework my workout routine. I’m just like hesitant to do like squats or dead lifts because I’ve never done them before

I’m gonna try to do that one meal a day thing. See how it works out. I’m making my dinner for tomorrow rn so I’ll once I’m done I’ll post it and maybe I can get some feed back on it

>200G grilled chicken
>2 servings of brown rice
>85G of Rice’s cauliflower & sweet potato