Hey bros

Hey bros

What are your thoughts on smoking? Do any of you smoke, regularly or rarely, how would you say it affects your gainz/workouts?

Other urls found in this thread:

directvapor.com/premium-mods/eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-mod-kit.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smoking protects against lung cancer.

I smoke half a pack a day.

Never smoke right after a work out, cigs taste fucking terrible then. Also they're worse for you.

The only pro to cigarettes is the testosterone boost. Literally everything else is a con.

pic related

I smoke regularly, but just a wee bit, like 2/day. Tryna stop in a week when this pack is gone.

No negative effects on lifts, obviously messes up cardio though. The T boost might be real. For some reason I like em more after sex or fappin. I hypothesize that it has to do with acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter nicotine mimics. You lose choline in your jizz which is why lecithin helps you re-up.

>Literally everything else is a con
I agree they're a bad choice but the nicotine has a lot of "benefits" (but outweighed by the other ingredients). nicotine improves short-term memory, alertness, blood flow and can help clear the skin. but like I said, that's nicotine, not cigarettes in general

I smoke cigars occasionally (usually when I'm at my buddy's house and we're shooting the shit with whiskey and cigars).

Have always resisted trying the cigarette jew because I know I will like it and it will fuck my life up

I've been smoke free for 20 days but I have the fucking awful urge to light one up... Maybe it won't be a problem?

In my opinion, smoking cigarettes is fine if you have the self-control to only do it once in a while. If I'm out with friends, I'll have one or two but leave it at that. I'd never smoke alone, it just helps you enjoy the social occasion and it's nice to be in control of that decision. As soon as I start getting "cravings" I'll stop for at least three months and then see where I'm at.

It's a problem bro. Don't go back once you're free.

Don't

I used to smoke. Picked up the habit in high school, quit the tobacco jew years ago now. Used the patch to quit

year and a half clean here, once you hit two months it gets pretty easy, even being around smokers. If you've fought through the worst of it you might as well stay off it but I second the opinion that they aren't as bad for you as people say. Just enjoy saving all the money

On joint #7 for the day

When did Veeky Forums turn into a bunch of validation seeking retar...oh wait.

I smoked regularly for maybe 2 years, stopped for a few months then started to smoke at parties again.
Went well for years until I picked it up again half a year again. I still don't smoke much, usually 1 - 4/day with the occasional 1 pack/party once a month or so.

It's hard to say what's from the cigarettes and what's from training differently (I let my breakup anger fuel my training), but I made really good gains in this time.
Cardio is roughly the same as before, so I reckon progress & smoking canceled each other out.
Other than that, my skin got worse, my confidence rose, I'm more aggressive both in and outside of work.
Maybe the T boost is real.

Will I keep making good gains if I stop smoking? The cardio or health bit isn't bothering me too much, but the skin sucks.

>On joint #7 for the day
how many cocks have you sucked today you degenerate faggot

Only my own

My nd smokes regularly and it's fucking disgusting. It burns if he fingers me and there leftover cigarette/nicotine on his hand. His breath smells like death, and the smoke overtakes everything else. He knows how I feel but says he's not ready to quit. It's really fucked up to say you want to be with someone, then smoke so you'll most likely die before we get to spend much time together. I seriously hate him for it

Is it worth going down that road? Asking for a friend

Joints are marijuana, this thread is about cigarettes as you can see from the giant op pic. I'm not sure which part you were too stupid to miss. Let me guess , you're going to try to blame weed for your stupidity?

that sucks. show him all the cons of smoking, like literally everything from rotten teeth to cancer on any part of your body to having smelly hands.

i'd say not force him, just show him the facts. he needs to decide to stop by himself.

Yeah I'm sure he'll like that.

Obviously he's fully aware he needs to stop, but disgusted by his own weakness and lack of will to do so.
Wallowing him in his own shame will only result in an aggressive defense reaction.

no that’s not why, punch yourself in the fucking face for me you pseud
i bet you’re out with friends multiple times a week
gay
no don’t smoke an eighth a day you dumb fuckwit and underage get B&

"Marijuana" is racist, please say "cannabis," ty, just tryna raise awareness, saw a teachable moment

I meant suckin yr own d angeryman

Try getting him this book.

I smoked 20 a day and after finishing that book I never smoked again, that was 7 years ago now. Also it was easy because the book deals with the psychological difficulties of quitting; if not dealt with, this is the reason smokers dread quitting, because they believe they are missing something good from their lives and that belief can last forever.

also, anyone else who wants to quit, read it.
Download it for free if you think im a shill, idgaf.

yes it increases flexibility and sperm production (the latter can be induced from just getting head regardless)

I have a friend who swears by this, worked for him and his brother. Too bad books are for fags so I just quit cold turkey

I smoke nigger-tier Black and Miles. Weaning down to one a day in the next week then hopefully quit all together. Not worth it.

Serious question: would you anons SUGGEST to a teenager or somebody else to start smoking?

If you're a weak ass bitch then yes because it'll make a man out of you, if you're well adjusted and slay pussy then nah

I wish i was dumb so i could smoke all day long and not take into account the consequences. I smoked on and off for two years and heavily for three months. I fucking love cigarettes and miss them. I’ve been clean for a month now and i still have dreams about sparking a ciggie

That question is seriously not as stupid as it sounds.
While there are obvious health and addiction concerns, smoking provided me with excellent social gains over the years.

All the smokers I know constantly tell me that they do not want to smoke anymore, but they can't

They are perfectly aware of what they are doing

It is something I never understood

>what is addiction for $500
Yeah no shit man, if you want to understand it buy 30 cartons and get to it

Smoked anywhere from half a pack to a full pack a day for 5 years or so. Transitioned to dipping about 3 months ago because I feel it's "cleaner".

Smoking only negatively affected my cardiovascular endurance while muscle gain remained consistent. I don't get woozy or lightheaded nearly as often now as I used to when I smoked.

fear of living without drug > fear of long-term consequences of taking drug.

That is addiction.

To be fair, its even stupider with smoking because it literally does not have an effect on an addicted smoker other than removing the cravings that exist only because they smoke.
The headrush and buzz stop happening after only a couple of weeks of smoking (you will probably hear smokers deny this, but is part of the whole mindset of trying to justify why they aren't quitting)

I used to smoke quite heavily, but kicked it in favour of vaping.

Whenever I'm hungry, I'll chong the shit out of my vape for mad niccy rushes and forget about my hunger. Works a charm.

There's also nothing more amusing than getting a hefty niccy rush stumbling back from the gym on leg day.

Fair enough, I concede your point.

I used to smoke like once every three months, around once a week when I was stressed tho. I quit mostly because my guy doesn't like it, I never got addicted tho so it was no big deal
"pls don't smoke - oh ok"
when I used to smoke twice a week when I was 17 it made me feel a little bit of pain on a point in my ribs idk why

Quit cold turkey two months ago after smoking for 9 years. I'm 28 now.
I have tried stopping a couple of times but failed doing so because I went out drinking too early in the process. I got drunk, lowered my parades and went right back into it with full force.
These two months have been fairly easy. I haven't had a drink yet. Haven't had coffee... But I feel waaay better than I did before. My sense of smell is back, I can walk to my flat on the third floor without loosing my breath (This is fucking embarassing), my clothes does't stink, my GF says my cum tastes better... Good things you know. Also I calculated that I spend 1800$ a year on those cancer sticks.

Damn man someone out there is really feelin that pain

Cigarettes are disgusting trash, tried once and not ever again. Used to smoke hookah once a week for month, tastes good as hell, but it's not worth it. I'd rather have a deep breath without coughing after a set or after a run. Vaped only when drunk, literaly fucking useless, no nicotine (for opinion with nicotine juices look at hookah opinion), just filling your lungs with vaporized water. Why. Anyway here is my final review- not fucking worth it man just pump some more iron and smoke dick like a real man.

>2018
>Doesn´t smoke cigarettes
Were you bullied in school, retarded or perhaps both?

>I-It kills you!
Yes, and? Was life a competition about who lives the longest?

>Y-You get addicted on them!
No you don't, expect if you are underage and incapable of smoking in moderation.

>I-Its expensive!!!
Who forced you to buy a pack a day, you fucking peat-gavel?

I've gotten myself down to one a day and it's a ryo cig. I'm so close to being done, the urge is no longer there but I still like the ritual of finishing dinner, doing the dishes, and then rolling one and taking it outside before I get ready for bed

I feel it makes me short of breath just smoking - once I workout it tends to go away, but my body just feels heavy

roll my own in an attempt to cut down

This
It's more about the ritual
I also roll my cigarettes and that strengthens the comfort I get

Best advice I got on smoking was to never put one in my mouth at all. Once I went there it was over.
I don't smoke over 6 cigs a day and sometimes I quit for months but I always come back.

I used to smoke, I dabble in it every now and then. Usually when I’m sick or on holidays, with friends etc.

I have noticed it really does effect my quality of sleep, even if it’s just one or two a day. My anxiety is also down to what feels like normal levels and I don’t feel lethargic anymore.

I truly do feel like I make better gains when I’m not smoking at all. Sometimes I wake up feeling like I didn’t get any sleep if I’ve been smoking and workout out two days in a row feels hard but when I don’t smoke all those issues are gone.

You should really quit. You won’t regret it.

How does vaping pair with fitness? Imight smoke a pack or 2 a month but I can definitely tell my fitness goes to shit after I smoke, how does that compare to vaping? I'm thinking about getting a cheap vape to get my nicotine fix every few days but if its not that different than smoking I'll just stop

I roll my own, I save about 30 euros a month that way

Not the user you replied to, but I also switched from smoking to vaping. I've noticed a huge improvement in lung function since switching. Sometimes if I vape a lot I notice my lungs are a bit weaker the next day, so it's not perfect. It's obviously better to do neither, but vaping is way better than smoking

It's completely different to smoking lungwise. I don't notice any negative effect vaping moderately throughout the day.
Maybe not right before cardio, but otherwise it has been no problem. No coughing, no restriction on airflow, lungs feel strong and deep compared to back when I smoked.

It's basically like going back to not smoking anything.
Some cancer society did a relatively long term study (4 years I think) and concluded that there were no differences in lung function between regular vapors and never-smokers, so I'm happy to believe that it's not doing me any significant harm.
I like nicotine. I like vaping with a coffee. It smells great, tastes great, is much cheaper and gives me that hit when I drink that I crave... It'd be better not to inhale anything I guess but compared to smoking 10 a day it's much, much better in every single way.

do you find toothpicks to help at all? my old man swore by it to help him finally quit

Whats a good vape setup for around $50? Not looking to get too crazy into it

Is your dad a cop?

Unironically juul

yeh same need to stop to be honest

I always want to smoke right after a workout. Not even joking. I'll go run a couple miles and when I'm back in I want a cigarette so bad. I've always thought it was weird.

no, cab driver

Honestly depends on what kind of experience you want. I would head into a vape shop (preferably one not staffed by grungy looking dropouts if possible) and just ask them.

They'll set you up with something to suit your needs and price tag. I put down an initial outlay of maybe £200 getting my setup perfect, a lot of which was trial and error due to shite staff at my local shop, but after that it's cost me about a tenner a week for juice, which is significantly less than the amount I used to blow on ciggies.

Hell, compared to smoking I'd have gladly paid a lot more to make this switch... Easily one of the best decisions I made last year.

>$16 plus shipping for 4 pods
>like 4 flavors
what else you got

Haven't used it before. But, I have heard good things about it and seen it recommended to new vapors a lot.

directvapor.com/premium-mods/eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-mod-kit.html

You'll also need to buy a battery(and maybe a extra spare) and some spare coils that are compatible. Then just whatever juice that sounds good to you. Also, when you pick a juice don't go for the crazy high nic ones.

Think I'm getting the test boost if I smoke like 1/3 of a cigarette every few days?

I've since quit smoking, but one of the most enjoyable things about the after run cigarette is the looks you get.
>Just finished a 6 mile run covered in sweat, doing some light, post-run stretching with a rollie dangling from my lips = good fucking feel
> neighbor sees me and mouths "the fuck?"
Real talk though, switch to snus.

everytime i have a cigarette i do a simple upper body, like concentration curls or dips. taking a puff between each rep. i smoke a lot. helps me get extra reps in.

get a little suorin air or suorin drop. theyre low output vapes, $35 and it's refillable with nicotine salts juice like 30mg to 50mg.

I've been thinking of starting smoking, mainly for voice gains.
I think my voice is a little too high pitched, smoking moderately may help.
Not too worried about it becoming an addiction, I have pretty good self control.

I won't smoke for weeks and then I'll go to a party and murder an entire pack in one night

anyone else?

There are better ways to damage your vocal cords for this. Google videos for metal raspy voice singing.

>
Are you retarded

Yes.

Only dumb shits smoke in 2018. There's mountains of evidence about how shitty it is for your overall health. Quit and never look back.

dip boi's WW@?

smoke weed, good
smoke pipe tobacco, ok
smoke cigs, literally cancer.

anyone who disagrees is either trolling or human trash.

Went from smoking to vaping
Stopped having cough, its cheaper and I dont smell like shit
Othe down side smoking a cig might look cool and vaping makes you look like a fag

Can you go a day without smoking a joint? How about week? If not, you have a problem, user.