/fast/ #110 Dreaming of Food Breaks Your Fast Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice. It is not necessary but will help.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
nlm.nih.gov/services/peerrev.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23412685
pennshape.upenn.edu/files/pennshape/Body-Composition-Fact-Sheet.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>On long fasts you should really only be drinking water. Unflavored green tea is kind of OK.
Youre wrong, stop giving out bad info. Tea and black coffee are perfectly fine on long fasts. Dont say anything unless you reply to me with a scientific article saying otherwise.

Can I break fast on day 7

sure thing bro, we're all giant failures one time or another.

Show me one person whos gotten to low bodyfat while fasting multiple days without losing tons of muscle.

actually, you're wrong, tea and coffee will ruin a fast. Please provide scientific articles next time you call me wrong.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/
Eat shit

who is shilling these threads? some people want to give a shit guide on Veeky Forums for people, the last thing a DYEL skinny dude needs is to completely stop eating
this might or might not have effects if you are a fat fuck, but why are these threads getting bumped all the time

>but why are these threads getting bumped all the time
because... people... are... replying?

>the last thing a DYEL skinny dude needs is to completely stop eating
No fucking shit

Lol nice try. Bullshit article, don't embarrass yourself

>No fucking shit
not everyone is fat as fuck, the OP doesnt mention anywhere that normal people who want to gain muscle should stay away from fasting

are you completely retarded?

Maybe because the OP isn't assuming you aren't completely retarded.

wait, dreaming of food breaks your fast? fuck, I dream about food almost every day

will fasting help reset my kidneys?

Please tell me you didn't take a joke reply seriously

Can anyone link me to a genuine peer review journal that proves/disproves that coffee breaks a fast?

who the fuck knows. I don't think autophaggotry is a well-defined science.

What do I buy for my cayenne pepper

I want to take an iodine supplements. The one I have has glycerin, deionized water, and ethanol. Is that going to throw off a fast?

supplements will fuck up the lining of your stomach if you don't have anything in it, don't bother unless it's powderized

the iodine supp is suppose to sit under the toungue. So i can probably let it sit there for a minute then spit out the excess, right?

benis and cummies

FUCK YOU ALL DAY FIVE IM GETTING A FUCKING PIZZA IM ALREADY SKINNY WHY AM I DOING THIS I JUST WANTED TO FIX MY WEIRD ASS AND THIGH AUUUU IM JUST GONNA EAT A SURPLUS AND DO LOTS OF SQUATS FUCK THIS FUCK YOU I HUNGER FOR FOOD

Just occupy your mind, faggot. The problem isn't the hunger, it's that you got nothing else to do.

Anyone else notice they need less sleep while fasting? I typically sleep about 9 hours but a couple days into a fast I can get 6 or 7 and feel fully rested. Why is this?

does autophagy even improve skin, I can't find any articles that say so. I think I'm being memed

What? So this is you coping?
I did cant you read? There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking coffee and tea drinking a fast so long as theyre un sweetened.

reminder that brushing your teeth breaks your fast

Just get iodized salt
Show science that this si true otherwise fuck off

does it actually or is this a meme

Do you know what a peer review journal is

Too late. Get fucked

Yes do you? Every source ive seen including Fung says theyre ok, why do you think they arent???

>You cannot limit a PubMed® search to peer-reviewed or refereed journals. Most journals indexed for PubMed are peer-reviewed or refereed, but peer review criteria and reviewer or referee qualifications vary.

nlm.nih.gov/services/peerrev.html

>Interested in long fasting because i have some good 50kg of fat to burn
>Literally everyone think its a suicidal diet and refuse to help me.

Ok and? The study i linked was good if you learn how to read. Now for the 2nd time why do you think they are not allowed? Try really hard to think this time.

fucking normies amirite

If you're a skelly/lowbf you should obviously start lifting and eating OMAD or a variation of IF.
If you're skinnyFAT you should fast until you're a fucking skelly. Why fast instead of do a calorie deficit? It's way more efficient and faster, not to mention the sick autophagy and longevity/epigenetic gains.

I never said I thought they weren’t I just don’t want to base a belief on a medical article that may/may not have been fact checked and ofc I could do my own research into the article but it would be a lot quicker if I could just trust what the article said

We need no carb stores. Having to go through the sweets aisle while buying my steak and vegetables is torture.

Coffee and tea won't break your fast but snakeman says caffeine is bad and fucks up your gut, which is why he doesn't condone tea or coffee

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk

Buddy look at the bottom and all the references. Grow a brain and read. The 2 things that break a fast are anything that spikes insulin, which coffee and tea do not, and anything with amino acids cause they would stimulate mtor, which again coffee and tea do not have.
If you were unsure why were you preaching that they did break it when in fact youve done zero research? Dont talk about things you dont understand and I wont have to keep bending you over my knee and giving you a spanking.
Snake man is not a doctor, hes 100% wrong on these issues. Watch Dr Rhonda Patricks podcasts about this stuff. Shes also talked about it with joe rogan.

Need I remind you that doctors are the ones that came up with the 6 meals a day bullshit? I'm not saying disregard what doctors say, I'm saying stop fucking acting like they're gods who can do no wrong. Most of them are fucking idiots who barely made it through college.

He also nowhere says not to drink bleach. OP is obviously irresponsible

Also what I've noticed with doctors is that they would rather treat the symptoms than the underlying cause.

brehs

brehs I want some fried eggs ;~;

Rhonda Patrick actually says that coffee will mess with autophagy in one of those podcasts

Im not saying either of you 2 are wrong in fact i agree with that. But coffee and green tea have been consumed for 1000s of years. Im not gonna stop now just cause some autist on youtube who paints his finger nails and drinks his own piss says to.
No she doesnt, I know exactly what youre refering to cause people fuck it up. You mean the one where she is talking about her friends research into feeding windows and liver enzyme activation. Not the same thing at all. If that isnt what you mean then please find the video cause id love to see it and will gladly admit im wrong.

meh you can have them if you really want they're not gonna kick you out of ketosis

I'm pretty sure this user is right on this, if I recall correctly she was strictly talking about intermittent fasting on that but I'd have to rewatch. Which episode was the one she talked about it on?

>if I recall correctly she was strictly talking about intermittent fasting on that
It wasnt even that, people make that mistake as well. She was talking about activating your liver enzymes during sunlight hours, like a circadian rhythm thing. It is completely separate from what we do here. It may be right but it was only 1 dudes study and it was hazy at best.

question: why do people take diet advice from fat and/or ugly people?

these mother fuckers haven't lost any weight in years

Google appeal to authority fallacy you 3rd world twink

>3rd world twink
HAHA that one actually made me lol

but seriously, taking DIET advice from a chronically fat couple is like taking fashion advice from a nudist

>butcher shop

Who is taking advice from a chronically fat couple?
And what is that picture you posted?

Brilliant. Should I also not take engine advice from mechanics for an Aston Martin because they drive a Golf?

how are they fat?

If you hard fast. Soft fast you can touch water

Broke my first 48 hour fast, going into another 48 hours. Gonna see how I feel at the end of it.

I broke my fast with a 1500 calorie meal of the following:
>four strips of bacon
>patty/cheese
>two fried eggs

I think this is functional, I'm trying to enter ketosis.

those guys are ketoconnect, they have a website and insta and etc. they are like 6MAD a day type people, but because they're very strict about keto they share some overlap with us

google false equivalency you fucking retard. there's a reason I trust snakeman with fasting advice. it's because his body speaks for itself. scooby's does too. furious pete? fuck no. i like furious pete's stunts and jokes, but not his diet advice

they certainly aren't skinny my friend

You have a warped view on weight considering you want to look like an actual skeleton. Also no one is taking advice from them. No one even knew who they were until you brought them up.

relax nibba i was raising it as a topic of conversation.

you can look like them if you want. but the simple fact of the matter is that nobody is healthy above 10% body fat, period, end of story

It's not a false equivalency, you can know the theory behind something without practicing or even having ever seen it work, you fucking mongoloid.

Because it's theory, cunt.

>nobody is healthy above 10% body fat, period, end of story
You realize that not only is that not true for men, but women have a far higher bf than men so 10% for women is borderline death.

Implying Rhona Patrick is good for anything other than her sweet heavy tits.

I am implying that and also her tits arent even big. I can recommend far better pregnant tit waifus than that camel.

pics?

sure you can make statements about theories, but it is another thing entirely to assert your own experimental findings without visual proof.

who is the more trustworthy artist- picasso, or an art historian?

Guys ive been dry fasting today and I've already lost a pound. It's only 2:40 where I am for reference.

HOLY SHIT!! What's your secret?

I just said it's because of dry fasting. Not even a hard dry fast either.

yes i concede the point regarding women, but obvi i mean proportionally. a 10% bf man is equivalent to say 18-22% for a woman.

and sorry but no, body fat is pretty fucking heavily correlated with life expectancy

Fatass here. I been thinking about going balls to the walls with a "as long as i can" water fast.
What about OTHER nutrients besides sodium and potassium? Vitamins and other minerals?

good luck! in theory you should take your water soluble vitamins separately from your fat soluble ones. i wouldn't do it daily- most essential nutrients are stored in your bones for months and your body can access them as needed.

It does improve skin.
I started IF just because I wanted to lose weight and after 3-4 days doing 16/18 I noticed the skin in my cheeks became silky smooth. Around the same time I greeted some fag shaking his hand and he commented surprised on how smooth and soft my hand felt.
You do not need scientific articles, my should be enough for everyone.

>but obvi i mean proportionally
It wasnt obvious, you said nobody you autist
When a mans levels drop below 10% his hormones start to suffer. Look it up.
Roughly 10-12% is perfect for a man.

you can gain weight on keto. Keto keeps your body burning fat but if you overeat you will only be burning exogenous fat.

yes i agree with you :) i think these two are among the most unhealthy people on the planet. gaining weight on keto 6MAD is probably worse than just the Standard American Diet

ok, maybe it wasnt obvious, but if you look at a visual representation of a man at 10% and a woman at 18%, they look similar. all of the fat is in her tits anyway. there are plenty of titless female marathon runners who are sub 10% and arent dead

male hormones start to suffer? source needed baby. my T is through the roof and my dick is rock hard. jaw is square, acne non existent, no soyboy bitch tits. helmut streibl is 4-6% year round, durianrider too...

what duration fasts have you been doing?

don't eat only fat and protein add some vegetables in the mix

>there are plenty of titless female marathon runners who are sub 10% and arent dead
Ya but the hormones are destroyed and their periods stop.
>my T is through
Show a blood test.
> helmut streibl
Are you fucking retarded? Hes on an ungodly amount of drugs.
>durianrider
Also an admitted steroid user.
>source needed baby
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23412685

sadly i am a little bitch boy and usually only do OMAD or OMEOD (cole's current preaching OMEOD). longest i ever did was 72 hours dry and it was pretty hard but extremely effective. down 50lbs in 4 months, it's unreal. i usually run a deficit though on OMAD, i dont eat like a horse. and i do a lot of cardio now daily, in the past i did very little

>steroids
mate, if anything, anabolics make it harder to remain lean. helmut might do DNP but durianrider doesn't, and his steroid experiment was for 1 month after he got hit by a car mate

>source
i'll read it

>female periods stop
IMBLYING THIS IS A BAD THING LOL, have you seen how fucking FAT american women are? they can barely move up a flight of stairs, let alone run a mile. they are nearly ass fat as the women from Tonga who literally sit around and eat butter all day.

>mate, if anything, anabolics make it harder to remain lean
completely untrue, again dont post about things you dont know about. It makes you look very very stupid.
>i'll read it
pennshape.upenn.edu/files/pennshape/Body-Composition-Fact-Sheet.pdf
Heres another one. Much fuller.
>IMBLYING THIS IS A BAD THING LOL
One extreme isnt better than the other.
Mate i seriously have to ask, do you have a diagnosed mental disorder? Some form of autism possibly?

>mate, if anything, anabolics make it harder to remain lean
Full retard.

I need you to read a wikipedia page. The definition of anabolic is "BUILDING THINGS UP IN THE BODY", including fat, glycogen, and muscle fiber. Catabolic is the complete opposite. You don't do clenbuterol and HGH to get 5% bodyfat. You do DNP and other stimulants.

see above re: anabolics. I mean I just don't understand how you think a drug that builds body fibers can also burn body fibers.... it would be like saying antibiotics kill bacteria.... and also stimulate the growth of bacteria...

>do you have a mental disorder
i mean maybe, but I'm really not seeing where I'm being illogical with you. like, do you think that all marathon runners are unhealthy because of their low body fat levels, which "changes their hormones"?

who fits your definition of healthy? the 20% bf gym rat who cant run a mile without huffing and puffing, but can deadlift 300+?

gym rats have worse cardiovascular and circulatory health than 70 year old smokers

Bodybuilders do steroids when on a cut because it helps them retain muscles while burning fat. How does anyone on Veeky Forums not know this? You're an embarrassment for /fast/.

>I just don't understand
Correct, you dont. Test burns fat like crazy. and obviously builds muscle, which in turn burns more calories.
>do you think that all marathon runners are unhealthy because of their low body fat levels
100%. How do you not know this? marathon runenrs have enlaregd hearts and routinely have heart attacks in there 50s. Do you really not know that???
>who fits your definition of healthy?
Like I said above, no extremes. Something like 12% bf. Sweet spot.

NO FUCKING SHIT!!!
i'm sorry, are you retarded? do you not understand the definition of "anabolic"?

you have to REALLY THINK about this man. the ANABOLIC steroids are BUILDING (maintaining!) MUSCLE.

the DNP/caloric deficit are CATABOLIZING the BODY FAT.

the ANABOLIC STEROIDS are NOT CATABOLIZING the BODY FAT

holy fuck man, you people call me retarded but you niggas probably couldn't pass high school biology

There are certain steroids that do burn fat you dumbass. Look up tren and clen. You dont know what youre talking about you stupid autistic kid.

This so much.

Body doesn’t use energy digesting, so it can repair your body during sleep quicker.

>muscle burns calories
dude, you have to put aside what you are learning "in theory" and think about shit "in practice".

a muscle does not burn calories- it REQUIRES CALORIES to be maintained. your liver and vital organs BURN CALORIES, or in other words, consume them. when you go for a run, you burn calories, and those calories come from liver glycogen, or body fat, or muscle, whichever is present first.

a muscle requires energy to be maintained. a muscle does not magically burn body fat, unless you are reading the huffington post.

>a muscle does not burn calories- it REQUIRES CALORIES to be maintained
semantics you idiot, it raises your BMR. I like how your dumbass ignored everything else.

sorry, i made a slight semantic mistake here.

Clenbuterol is NOT AN ANABOLIC STERIOD. It is a STIMULANT, just like ephedrine and caffeine!!!

the only autist in this thread is you! how the fuck do you not know the difference between an anabolic steroid and a stimulant????

jesus christ tripfag...

Finally got a scale today & saw that my weight hasn't changed since December. My lifts have all gone up since then, so maybe I've just lost fat & gained muscle, but there's still more flab around my stomach & ass than I'd like to see. Not a lot - maybe 10 to 15 pounds to lose? I've recently switched from from two fast days a week to three, so I'll try that for a bit & see if there's any movement (I could maybe even ramp it up to four, but beyond that I'd probably just take a week off from lifting & do a single long fast).

I've noticed as well that I'm eating less in general. When I first went to OMAD I was eating a shitload during my one meal because I thought I needed to, but over time I'd be making these big meals & getting full midway through. Now I'm making similarly sized meals doing OMEOD & still getting full, still progressing at the gym, still feeling the same amount of energy. I'd like to think my body is getting more efficient at processing food.

Youre missing the point. Its a common substance steroid users take. technically Test and HGH arent steroids either but most people dont care. And you ignored Tren.