/fast/ - Do It For Her Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice. It is not necessary but will help.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>Previous Thread

Do communion wafers break a fast?

Who has the best deal on potassium? I got some tablets at Target and they only supply 99mg of potassium.

get lite salt

I had no idea this existed, thank you.

Doing 16:8 with a 24 every week so I can have abs for current gf :') whenever I want to break my fast I think of her

does brushing teeth break your fast?

Well, after I broke my fast with soup I went to the shop and bought laughing cow cheese triangles and ate 4 circles and it was 720 cals. Now I don't hurt anymore or anything but my anxiety is through the roof and I have some huge binge urges although I'm not hungry at all. Sorry for the blogpost but somebody please come kill me

What do you guys use for the Potassium and sodium? Is it a powder or pills?

Fasting can give you heart attacks, just fucking eat less instead of not eating 1 day then dumping shit down your throat the other 6

But I'm on day 4 already user

>Researchers aren't sure why, but it seems that regularly fasting — severely restricting food and drink for a 24-hour period on one to two days a week — can potentially improve your risk factors related to heart health. ... These people generally tend to not smoke, which also can reduce heart disease risk.

only if you eat it in the morning

Breaking my fast(7D) later tonight and time is slugging by. I'm gonna make some eggs, and HOLY SHIT I never thought I'd be so excited to eat eggs.

What about the 16:8 fast? Effective or not?

Only 76.5 hours in. Craving a cheeseburger and have insomnia because of fast and can't pass the time. What do

Day 28 of 18:6 IF today, marks a full 4 weeks. I've lost 6 lbs (166 -> 160) after being at a plateau for months. I'm hoping in another 3-4 weeks I can get down to 155, then it's time to recomp!

>fasting for this
I lost 6 pounds in 1 week

Post rare ochacos

pass the time.

Do you think a 3 day fast is safe for a 50 years old chainsmoker? I'm trying to get my dad into it for the health benefits.

Play some games and jerk off till you are sleepy.
Drink water and salts

I'm also interested in this

Maybe as a one time detox and reeduaction process, but not often

spit out the toothpaste/mouthwash lmao. No it does not

I did it and I lost some wait. It's the easiest fast in my opinion.

did you do striclty 18:6 or OMAD?

if that is your wish

>when unhealthy people put further strain on their bodies they die, sometimes

it's effective but there is no need to be strict about 16:8 feeding window, Martin Berkhan himself tweaks the feeding window depending on how his clients react. women usually need a longer feeding window while young men can often restrict it all the way down to a single meal per day

Will the calories in gelatin pill capsules take me out of fasting? Hunger pains don't bother me, snake juice just makes me hate life.

smoke a cig

Does 16:8 work if you're constantly snacking / eating during the 8 hour window?

God no retard

been doing alternate daily fasting for months
it's gotten piss easy but pretty slow because I binge hard
I'll start a martial art so I can overcome the slowing fat loss rate
things are looking up

Even if it's good foods? It took me 3 hours to hork down a gigantic undressed salad because chewing take forever. And then I was still hungry, so I had some unsalted nuts. It's been 5 hours and I'm just wondering if I'm undoing the benefit of fasting.

I get you're not supposed to be shoveling down a bunch of shit during the 8 hour window. It just takes me a long time to chew through salad.

then don't fast

16:8 isn't even actually fasting
OMAD is barely a fast
you start benefitting from fasting after 24-36h
any less is not worth it and your part that thinks short-term tricks you into thinking it's okay to eat because you're fasting
it's pointless if you're not clocking in a day

icic

Does eating one meal a day and fasting the rest of the day get you better results than spreading the same amount of calories into 2 or 3 meals?
I'm on a cut at 2300 calories down from a 3000 cal maintenance fyi

>Does eating one meal a day and fasting the rest of the day get you better results than spreading the same amount of calories into 2 or 3 meals?

yes, but the benefits are greater at even longer intervals

May I know how do I start?

Say skip breakfast, have late lunch, no dinner and lots of water in between. Is that one way to do it?

Thanks user

Wait so how do I fast and get protein for gains?

you are correct, but think more about a longer time frame

Thanks, but that should work for starters?

Then perhaps late lunch today, then an even later lunch tomorrow?

it will, but a clearer plan is harder to transgress against without being fully conscious you're making a mistake
so decide now what you'll do instead of in your faithless moment

protein shake on meal time

So should I save meal time for after I lift then? I genuinely think that whey after lifting helps me feel not as sore the following days.

Wouldn't that break your fast?

More

yes, your meal time is when you brak your fast

you will not like lifting on a fast more

So what's the solution here then? Eat, lift then shake afterwards? That's a larger window than anyone recommends.

No.

the solution is to sacrifice your drink.
if you can't, don't bother fasting

I guess I'd have to try it. Or just fast on the three days I don't lift and do the meal, lift then supplement on lifting days. I know it won't be as effective but it's better than nothing right?

it's your time to waste

So what you mean to say is that if you care about lifting gains then don't bother fasting?

no, cathy newman
what I means are the words I said, not the ones you fabricate

>lifting when fasted isn't a good idea
>can't be fasting if you eat before and after lifting
>it's a fact that it's optimal to take in protein before and after lifting
You basically said that they aren't compatible if you want to do either optimally.

What about eat and shake then lift?

>it's a fact that it's optimal to take in protein before and after lifting

no, your "i feel less sore if I drink a shake" is not objective proof, it's you being whiny
with that said, obviously it's retarded to fast and bulk
do i need to be your brain?

>no, your "i feel less sore if I drink a shake" is not objective proof, it's you being whiny
That's not the proof. That's just my experience. How are you on this board and not aware that protein intake after lifting it optimal for gains?

i said it already, he's too busy being a pussy to be reasoned with

your reason, given by you first, as to why you want to drink a shake after lifting is because you feel less sore
whatever argument you add post-hoc is you rationalizing your pig-headness

Wow brainlet. That was my personal reason. Read the fucking sticky. You must have a hard time convincing anyone of anything if you turn into an angry sperg when any form of debate breaks out.

where was I angry
your personal reason is the reason you're complaining, not your ratinalization
if you want gains, bulk
if you're bulking, fasting isn't for you
argue as you'd like

Ah see now you agree with me. Nice.

Either intermittent fast or go the whole hog with a water fast and just accept that you wont be building any muscle, which is a decent trade-off since you'll be expediting months of cutting down to weeks.

everything i said there i had already said, if you bothered reading you'd know that, and you even called me angry and a brainlet, projecting hard...

This is the idiocy you get trying to help strangers.

Christ lads this is some major fucking clinical depression. I was 24 hours into my first fast and I fucking crack. I ate 15 spinach and mozzerla ravioli and a banana smeared in peanut butter and nutella. God I feel so fucking awful. Will I ever make it brahs?

maybe

Does fasting help with high blood pressure? Also can I cardio on only snake juice?

yes
yes but you'd rather not

What does Veeky Forums think about fasting while being on a large calorie deficit (1650)?

that's not abnormal

Does anyone have transformation pics from fasting?

My calorie deficit is 1650, I'm only getting around 850 calories a day.

yes, people go for 2500+ daily caloric deficits here
you know what fasting is?

You can largely avoid carb cravings by getting into ketosis a week or more before you start fasting.

That would do the opposites for me. I crave carbs on keto.

This is my last one

>tfw you'll never be sure if uraraka is lifting the barbell along with the disks or just the barbel

I'm 72 hours into a fast, I've eaten a tbsp of Nosalt and Pink salt daily, and drank plenty of water, but I legit feel like I'm dying.

I felt better when I ran a mile, I thought that was just me getting energy and going into ketosis, but I feel like I'm so sick with such little energy I'm dying

She's probably not lifting any of it, just raising her hands in the air.

Is black coffee okay on OMAD?
I have a new schedule at work that forces me to wake up much earlier than I'm used to, it'd be a nice help.

you people are cancer. people who are demonstrably literate but refuse to read should spend a week in the stocks

>refuse to read
Refuse to read what? Coffee's yet to be mentioned in the thread.

dont drink coffee says snakeman

Okay, gonna try to fast till Wednesday.
Wish me luck.

>check weight
>209.4lbs
>tfw nearing the 200lb line when my SW was 285lbs

Does diet soda ruin a fast?
When im at work and get too hungry I find it helps a bit. From what I've read it doesn't influence insulin levels.
I know its a bad habit and its better to just drink water but how bad is it really and does anyone else use it to get through the first couple of days?

or pipe tobacco

Theres already a thread you dumbass, you didnt even call this one 110

>every fucking thread

>every fucking thread

eggs are the most delicious thing after you lose the taste for crap

>Day 28 of 18:6 IF today
well, if that's what your comfortable with

but seriously a good portion of people do that without even realizing, it's hardly a thing

Look at the times you cuck. This one was started before 110