IS THERE A FUCKING A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T FUCKING INVOLVE SQUATTING EVERY FUCKING DAY?

IS THERE A FUCKING A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T FUCKING INVOLVE SQUATTING EVERY FUCKING DAY?

My knees, back, hip joints and my soul are so fuckded up after squatting more than 100kg 3 times a week i don't even want go to gym anymore.

My legs just can't recover.

Other urls found in this thread:

jmaxfitness.com/blog/daily-undulating-periodization/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So just don't squat.

Wow. It was that easy.

I injured my knee and my lower back, so while im waiting for it to heal i just do push pull rest push pull rest

sick upper body gains desu. Also I always had pretty large legs even before lifting so I dont look like a chicken leg dude. squatted like 185 first two weeks in the gym

feelsgoodman

how about literally every program that isn't a Veeky Forums meme program

1.either your form sucks
2. You’re jumping too high in weight
3.your knees just suck so switch to a variation of squats that you feel comfy with
4. You picked a program with too much volume
5.you don’t eat enough

Eat dem eggs in the morning boiii.
Don't forget the brown rice as preworkout meal.

skip legs for a week or 2 so they can rest, then just remove squats 2 times a week from workout. Also consider alternative squats like farmer squats.

also have bad knees and thinking of reducing squats

basically modifying SL 5x5 to deadlift 5x5 instead of 1x5, removing squats from workout B and finding something else to do as a third lift

would it be stupid to do barbell rows on workout A and power cleans on workout B?

But reddit and Veeky Forums have the same meme programs

/r/fitness might as well just be an even gayer dumber version of Veeky Forums

weightroom is ok

deadlift 5x5 is too much

Squat is literally a meme unless you're planning on competing in lifting somehow. For everyone else, deadlifts is more than enough for leg gains and in addition it builds pretty much every other part of your body in the process.

Squat is literally a meme.

lmao this

>deadlift 5x5 instead of 1x5
Surely you're joking m8, don't even try 5x5. 1x5 is the norm, 3x5 is already pushing it, 5x5 is a joke.

Well DL 5x5 is the max range of sts / reps you should be doing. Keep the reps low.

depends on the context lad

trying to LP 5x5 on deadlifts is retarded, doing 5x5 @ 70% or something as part of a volume block is perfectly fine

Enjoy your visit

this. i'm assuming you're doing SS. if you can't handle the weight anymore, cut the weight like 20% and work your way up to where you were, adding 5lb to the bar every time. if you stall out again, cut the weight 20% and do it again. if you stall out a 3rd time, switch from only one rest day to having two rest days in between lifts. this information is not in the SS book IIRC, this information is in rip's intermediate strength training routine. but you should be squatting well over 300 lbs for reps by the time you reach the point where you need to add two rest days. if you are doing SS with two rest days in between workouts and you still stall out, you need to quit SS and move on to an intermediate program like the texas method

no. not working out for two weeks is such a shitty horrible idea. you will lose a ton of strength and have to start over pretty far behind. i dont feel like screenshotting mark rippetoes books to prove my point just trust me, skipping two weeks in the gym is terribad. maybe skip ONE workout if you really feel like total shit

Greyskull linear progression is pretty great. Squats twice a week.

Bem pollack has a template/program with linear progression split into hypertrophy/strength/power blocks that is also pretty great. But progress is much lower. I’d look into greyskull tbqh

*ben

*slower

whatever you say, not all of us are beginners doing starting strength

if you want to deadlift 500+ at some point you'll have to grow some balls and so more than one working set a week

squatting 100kg 3x a week is nothing if you SLOWLY work your way there (2.5kg increments each workout). so if you are a total rank novice, you start at like 50kg and add 5kg to the bar every workout since you are squatting so little weight. then after 1-3 weeks you only add 2.5kg to the bar each workout, so its +7.5 kg each week, and if you eat enough and never skip workouts, you should be finished doing starting strength in like 6 months. i messed up and was only averaging like 2 workouts a week and i was still squatting 300 lbs in 9 months

So do cardio instead of squats. You'll get muscly legs.

nsuns 531

So don't squat everday?

No one is forcing you to.

not sure which poster you are but doing 5 sets of 5 deadlifts is really really bad for a novice. i think there may be some intermediate routines that do that, but if you are a novice, it's a horrible idea. you just need 1 set of 5 heavy deadlifts for starting strength (and stronglifts 5x5 is bad for novices, i think its a meme routine anyway thats a knockoff of SS but i'd have to read more about it, which im not going to, because i'd rather do rip's SS as a beginner and afterwards follow other intermediate routine like texas method, rip's got a book on different intermediate routines for different goals) - deadlifts are extremely difficult to recover from compared to other lifts because you can simply lift so much raw weight since its such a simple movement. again for starting strength you warm up with double overhand grip for grip training, your final warm up set you use straps, and use straps for your work set. Rippetoe recommends seatbelt nylon straps, you can buy them by the yard

Yeah, the way to a 500 lbs deadlift is surely to do 5x5 two-three times per week

it isn't, which is why i specifically said LPing 5x5 deadlift was stupid

5x5 is just a set and rep scheme and says nothing about the intensity or overall programming structure, doing 5x5 at 70% or something is completely fine as part of a volume block or start of a linear periodization run

not sure why i'm explaining this you're a brainlet

>you need 5x5 if you want to reach 500
>u brainlet
Go on

Kys pussy
t. dyels

alright, that makes sense

so just replace squats with power cleans? or something else that recruits leg muscles

Just do Reddit PPL and skip the 2nd leg day

again, I never said you need to do 5x5

I said that eventually, to progress on your deadlift, you'll need to do more than a single working set per week

look at any powerlifting program - all of them have you doing multiple, submaximal sets of deadlifts or deadlift variants per week

Sheiko, RTS, etc, they all do this

Why would you do power cleans? Think critically about the programs that people are pushing here. There's virtually no reason what so ever to do power cleans for the average lifter, but I'm sure some Riptard will chime in here shortly shilling about how you need to buy the SS book and it's totally not a waste of money, etc.

Just focus on the basic principles:
1. Few reps = build strength
2. More reps = build volume

That's everything you need, now ignore the shills and memes and do YOU at the gym. You have small biceps? Do normal bicep curls. You want a bigger chest? Keep benching. It's really that simple. In due time you'll notice what you're gaining the most on and what you need to work on. There is no reason to do squats or power cleans or any shit like that.

Reducing squat from twice to once a week eliminated my hip pain and made my squat stronger

Squatting 3x a week is retard SS tier

I tried this program:
jmaxfitness.com/blog/daily-undulating-periodization/
and I saw success with it. I increased weight every week then just every other week when I felt like slowing down. I just drop the weight if I don't feel so good that day or do less sets/reps.

>I said that eventually, to progress on your deadlift, you'll need to do more than a single working set per week
And I never said anything to the contrary, so your point is moot

1. Eat more
2. Sleep more
3. Rest between sets more
4. Get better form

except where misrepresented my position in your previous post

you're a little slow, aren't you?

you should try Smolov

Newfag

You misunderstood me. I ment skip the squats not the entire workout.

>what is gslp

right now I need to work on everything and compound lifts allow me to do that without living at the gym

maybe in a year I'll consider what you said though

Listen here you little shit, I'm giving you advice here, you just asked me if you should do power cleans and if you knew fuck all about lifting you would know the answer to that question without even having to ask. You're right that compounds are the right answer but don't give me "maybe in a year I'll consider what you said" when you haven't even set foot in a fucking gym yet. Piss off, wanker.

focus on you upper body and nothing else.

>whining about squating

how does it feel to be a loser?

>herr derr i started SS yesterday squats r important

I like greyskull. Great for strength gains, and if you're disciplined about accessory lifts/bodyweight lifts and cardio, good aesthetics too. Very easy to only squat one day per week too, if two is too much for you.

literally the whole board is laughing at how much of a fucking moron you are and you still don't get it. herr derr yourself, foreveralone

>tfw squat is favorite and most satisfying lift
>tfw loved to bench but now hate it cause i love squatting

fuck

I have bad knees, they literally rattle when I shake my legs
I still squat 120kg and rising 3 times per week. Pretty sure you are doing something wrong

Ya it's called starting strength

pic related its u

ssshh don't ruin my fun of posting "we got another one boys" everytime a newbie posts about his herniated disc

deadlifts without squats will fuck your knees