/run/ - Running general

Lost the OP informative post edition

Other urls found in this thread:

fellrnr.com/wiki/Running_Form
runningwritings.com/2012/02/injury-series-biomechanical-solutions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=naW8u72lOzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All I have to say is that I used to abhor running and cardio in general. Now, running is one of my favorite things to do. Up to 5-8 mile runs regularly, feels great.

Same for me. The best thing about running is that time goes abnormally fast. Like, I used to do 60 minutes on an indoor bike and it felt like 20 days, but when I'm out running 60 minutes literally goes by so fucking fast it's unreal.

>tfw you've gone through 1 1 hour youtube rips of audiobooks in a week.
>tfw you finished the witcher series in around a month

I don't get this reference...

7 books each about 8-11 hours a piece.

ffs your formatting sucks, thought you meant you went through 1 book lasting for 1 hour in a week

How are you all running 60 mins+ ?

I've been running for about a month now, and 20 minutes kills me, I feel like im about to run out of noobgains, and im nowhere near running even 30 minutes. How can I improve to that level?

I didn't even see that until you mentioned it.

Run until you can run over 60 minutes. There's no science behind it, you just need time and dedication

You slow the fuck down. My BPM max is around 197 and my 60+ minutes runs are done at around 155 average.

control it's all about control
Try running 5.5-6mph for one hour at first increase it by .1 mph faster every week or so.

This is shit advice tho. He'll just burn himself out or get injured chasing better and better times each run.

Worked for me

Well, then you're one of the lucky ones because most people who does that kind of thing gets injured. Your fitness gains comes too fast for your ligaments and muscles to keep up. So you CAN in theory run and run and run as fast as you can every time, but your ligaments can't keep up and you'll get injured.

Been slowly increasing my volume, now running slightly over 5km per run, hoping to increase to 10km per run over time

I forgot to ask my question. Sometimes after my runs I get some pain right below my knee. Is that indicative of me heel striking as I'm getting tired or something? It's not really bothersome I'm just curious what's causing it. It's around where I've circled on this pic

>heel striking
eh, probably not. braking forces/overstriding might be an issue. fellrnr's discussion is good imo: fellrnr.com/wiki/Running_Form

Does anyone ever run alone, but visualize running with other people? I find that it gives me a lot more energy and motivation, just as it does when actually running in a group.

How long did it take you to start actually enjoying it?

Help! How to deal with ITBS?

Depends.

Unless you mean the IT band, in which case runningwritings.com/2012/02/injury-series-biomechanical-solutions.html and at least for me youtube.com/watch?v=naW8u72lOzI