Thats the closest thread about health so im gonna ask this here

Thats the closest thread about health so im gonna ask this here
Is it ok if i take a couple hours nap with lenses on?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/parasites/acanthamoeba/gen_info/acanthamoeba_keratitis.html
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687477/Student-goes-blind-keeping-contact-lenses-six-months-microscopic-bug-EATS-eyeballs.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22521083
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wear monthly lenses and I never take them out until I switch to a new pair.

rest in piece

I also wear monthly lens and almost never take them out before the 30 day duration

Depends on the lenses. I got multiple infections doing that back in the 00s but I think most modern lenses are breathable

Depends on your eyes. I can't sleep with them no matter the type. I've tried a bunch of different tiers and the newest monthlies and none work for me. 30 minute nap and my eyes are red and dry.

Please be trolling. Leaving them in for a nap or even for one night is fine though.

It's pretty random for me, I wear daily lenses, used to wear monthly ones (that i took out and cleaned daily)

sometimes you can wake up from a nap fine, maybe a tiny bit dry but feels alright after a minute or two

other times its dry as fuck and you need to take it out

Apparently it's a thing, my colleague does it

I assume they have expensive/really high quality lenses, still seems retarded leaving them in for so long though

I wear acuvue oasis. I've fallen asleep with them a few times and my eyes felt gross when I woke up. Just take them out, your eyes will thank you.

I sometimes take a nap after gym but it's pain in the ass to take them off later, they're like glued to the eyes

just do the surgery

the fuck?

I have monthly contact lenses and always take them out, you're not supposed to sleep with them even if it's breathable like mine.

They have guidelines on how to use contact lenses for a reason. Do not sleep in your contact lenses. Do not swim or get water in your eye while wearing contact lenses. Do not wear them for an excessive amount of time. Clean your lenses everyday. Leave them to soak in solution overnight. Clean your lens case everyday.

cdc.gov/parasites/acanthamoeba/gen_info/acanthamoeba_keratitis.html
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687477/Student-goes-blind-keeping-contact-lenses-six-months-microscopic-bug-EATS-eyeballs.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22521083

You might get away with it for a while, maybe forever but is the risk really worth it? You only get one pair of fucking eyes.

Be carefull OP

contact lenses gave me dry eye

So NEVER sleep with them and use them 8-10 hours max

Dont overuse them and get plenty sleep

You'll be fine

Optometrist fag here. This is how you loose an eye from infection. Your monthly contacts need to be taken out and cleaned daily. You don't need to buy those cleaning solutions either (you really shouldn't some are really harsh and will actually dry your eyes out). Wash your grimy ass hands take one lense out at a time and risnse them with your saline solution, rest the contact one of your index fingers and GENTLY rub with your opposite finger. Give it one last squirt then put into your lense holder for safe keeping. Oh and you should be cleaning out your lense holder every couple of days as well (or just buy a big pack of them and use a new one instead).

OP you should just take them out. Having your eyes feel dry are the last thing you should worry about. When you reach REM sleep you take a huge risk of getting the contact stuck BEHIND your eye. It requires surgery on your EYE to get it out.

ive been using one pair for a few months because i need to renew my prescription and i dont have health care

only recently ive been taking them out nightly, noticing the edges of my eyeballs are a little yellow, what am i in for lads

Ive been using the same brand of lenses for about 15 years and just recently they started to cause my eyes to turn red. And theyll stay red for a couple days too even if i dont wear contacts. How come im having this issue suddenly?

lol more like walmart vision stocking bitch. You don't lose an eye due to an infection especially not from contacts you fucking germ pleb

I wear the cheapest daily disposables money can buy and I forget to take them out once a week.

It's fine. I've had one (1) minor eye infection in 10 years of use.

I've had contacts for about 13 years and sleep with them all the time. My eye doctor said it's fine if it isn't bothering me. They're apparently meant to be slept in once, then changed in the morning. But he told me it's a waste of money, they can last a couple weeks at the least.

can you read still or are you already starting to go blind?

feels fine man

I wear 30 day contacts and keep them in for several months at a time. Been doing this for 15 years now and never had any infections or any irritations that lasted more than a few minutes.

you have the wrong lenses then user. I leave mine in for a month straight. Take them out and throw them out and let my eyes breathe for one night then put a new pair in the next morning.

>I wear the cheapest daily disposables
Is that because they pop out when you deadlift so it saves a lot of money in the long run?

>It requires surgery on your EYE to get it out.
Nah it usually pops back up in a day or two

I slept few times with lenses,nothing happens if it isnt constant

>body too retarded to insert contact lenses in under 3 hours
>LASIK is a temporary fix for a few years that has a decent chance at making your vision worse
>astigmatism too bad for SMILE

Am I doomed to wear glasses for the fore(hard to)seeable future?

it's fine the odd time. like i've forgotten i have them in for nearly 2 days. and they didn't stick to my eyeball or anything. just don't make a habit of it. as long as you follow good lens hygiene habits. just make sure you never wear them in the shower or swimming. that's the main thing to avoid. i wear mine 5 days a week, about 12 hours a day for the last 10 years. no problems, no infections.

this is bullshit. you think your eye can move freely inside the socket? it moves rapidly sure, but no further than during being awake. don't listen to this scaremonger lmao.

that sounds amazing. i've had 30 day lenses for years but you're meant to take them out after like 12 hours. i can't imagine a life without that hassle.

I never wash my hands before I take my contacts out and put them in and I'm fine

is clear care bad for my eyes?

>tfw I wear daily contacts in for weeks