What do you do for a living and does it leave you with enough time and energy for a Veeky Forums life?

what do you do for a living and does it leave you with enough time and energy for a Veeky Forums life?

Other urls found in this thread:

eleikoshop.com/collections/complete-sets-1/products/eleiko-iwf-olympic-weightlifting-training-set
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm a TV analyst, I love it. I work out 7 days a week and have a great social life. Girls love me too, overall my life is 9/10 right now

i'm an operations manager in a distribution centre. good pay, company car, bonus, benefits. but lots of long hours, stress, dealing with impossible people and situations

I work at a movie theater and I go to community college. I make ever so slightly above minimum wage

Software engineer. Veeky Forums life doesn't require a lot of time if you only work out 3days/week. I go to the gym after work at 5pm and get home by 6:30

Engineer, it leaves me with plenty time to do other things but im kind of broken and usually just shitpost all day and go to sleep late at night

>Depression /

>tfw neetcuck
>tfw parents won't let me go to the gym
>tfw they won't buy me healthy food
You do not know suffering

>Charles Bukowski
>smoker
>drinker
>dyel
>visionary
Was he the original soyboy?

Field Supervisor of a small construction company in Los Angeles. Some weeks I work long hours l but usually when things are running smooth I can leave work early enough to hit the gym at 2 or 3pm. It's great. I also have no kids and a pretty casual relationship with my girl. Life's good

>he fuck4d lots of womns
>smokiny is good for u
>he liked to fight

Are you fat?

Also, you can stand the long lines and massive amount of people in the gym between 5-8pm ?

Going to uni on a full ride scholarship, working 20 hrs a week doing security, 10 hours of which I spend either watching anime or browsing Veeky Forums

I'm unemployed but I have to spend about 16 hours a week at what's basically a day care center for the unemployed. While there, I usually just drink coffee, sit in front of a computer, read books or chat with my fellow inmates or shit like that. I get 1300 euros a month (net) and on top of that I get a free warm meal 4 days a week. This leaves me plenty of time and energy to lift.

Work for Comcast Business. 9-5 5 days a week.

Get home, bike 2 miles to gym, lift, come back, cook dinner, watch an hour if TV. Repeat.

Sometimes my gf is over and we'll go to the gym together, watch a movie at night, and fugg

Fuck, user why post here?

What state are you in?

Well that's the beauty of it, I don't do anything.

i'm a mathematician. i have a very flexible work schedule, and when i don't screw up my sleep patterns i go to the gym four times a week to train the olympic lifts. it takes time out of my day - two additional hours for the longer drive and workout itself - but that is done during my free time and i really enjoy it.
i am really looking forward to a few years down the line when i have my own house and home gym. quality weightlifting stuff can be expensive but if i save my extra spending money for about six months i'll have more than enough to afford this one, without having to halt my savings or investment flows:
eleikoshop.com/collections/complete-sets-1/products/eleiko-iwf-olympic-weightlifting-training-set

gratsbra

My parents left my siblings and I with a healthy inheritance, but instead of blowing it like they did I put mine away and live off the interest. No I can't travel to France whenever I want, but I live very comfortably without working ever.

I work in a gym

t. rapefugee

Doesn't sound very satisfying to be honest.
Especially to go 40 years like that.

IT/Networking

I wake up at 4:30 so I have plenty of time for the gym before work.

Somtimes I'll work out after too if I'm feeling up for it.

> Being this lazy and useless

Wew

Resident physician. My elective rotations aren't bad, because I only work like 50-60 hours per week. But inpatient blocks fucking suck, because I work 75-85 hours per week then. There's no time to fucking do anything.

Don't go to med school.

Nope, I'm a native. Rapefugees probably get the same without having to take part in the day care shit.

Have my own company in sound engineering. But since I’m too shy to go out and meet people I mostly just lift instead, paying the rent by selling stuff. Life is 2/10 at the moment, wish I could get out of this fucking rut.

why is his face so dark

Probably redness from his alcoholism

IM? What specialty would you consider if you could do it over. MS3 here

I help manage the food section for a fairly large company in the entertainment industry; candy in particular but I dabble in other things as needed. It's fun as hell and I get alllll the junkfood. I can't enjoy the junk food as much now that I'm on the Veeky Forums train though :(

Work for an IT company, other companies hire us to be their IT instead of hiring their own people. My time is split between working onsite with one client for a few weeks, then going back to the main office to work for other clients remotely.

When onsite with the client, I get to use their gym they have onsite which is awesome because I just go downstairs instead of needing to drive to any gym, and no membership fees. Back at the office though, I need to use my apartment's "fitness room", which has a treadmill, step machine, bike and a sorry excuse of a cable machine.

this

>enjoy

neets really are clueless

I'm retarded and I forgot to mention that the job is fun as hell and I would willingly do this job as a hobby (albeit with less hours) if I were doing something different. Life has been good since I got this job. Work begins at 8:30, ends at 5:00, I do whatever the fuck I want for the rest of the day and the weekend. It's a really easy job too, and chicks are really interested after I tell them what I do. My old job left me drained with half the hours, with this one I exercise every day and love life.

Ah it’s me again from all of these threads, I love my job, went from Northwestern to McKinsey/Bain/BCG and now work in private equity. Good weeks I lift every week, bad weeks I lift 4x/week. My start class at my MBB are some of my closest friends.

>underage

I'm a money laundering investigator for a bank. It's pretty great (in fact I took a slight pay cut when I accepted the job) because they let me work from home about 90% of the time. I lift six days a week and it's not even a challenge to fit it in because I don't have to wast 1.5hrs or more commuting every day.

What crypto have you bought into

t. soyboy

First year medical school, I also get a stipend from some program for the gifted.
It's getting better now after I've fought off a three month long insomnia, but I still wish I had more free time. I can usually hit the gym three or four times per week anyway though.

uni student

None lol I make enough money as is

Chemical technician for various refineries and the like. I mostly just babysit a pump from my truck for 16+ hours at a time.
24/7 on call, some shifts last an upwards of 30 hours if we're short on men.

I'm home gym master race, though, so I can typically still hit my three days a week, though not always during the days I want.

All in all, my job's great. I get a lot of reading and television (and animu) knocked out and they pay extremely well.

pls be fake

"Project manager." Basically I do all the shit required to make my bosses' projects happen. And since we are a small company, that means literally fucking EVERYTHING. From scheduling and leading calls with clients to manual labor like loading pallets and processing shipments.

I kind of hate it but it's close to home and can be relatively relaxed, except for the occasional times when it's an absolute shit show.

I keep my diet on track, get enough sleep, and I'm out by 5-6pm so I have time to work out every day and meal prep during the week if need be. I want a new job, but this one hasn't quite pushed me to the point of really looking for one yet.

This is too perfect to be real

Sounds like this guy is actually bitter that he hasn't found success in life and is insecure about his hobbies because they might come off as childish.

And really, grown people shouldn't be eating cereal with marshmallows. Nobody should.

same here.

how to get out ?

cereal with marshmallows are fuckin awful, but i somewhat agree with what they're getting at. but also learn to grow up.

landscaping work
you get used to it after awhile
I try to put a decent chunk of time between working and going to the gym. Let my muscles refill with glycogen

I'm an accountant, and studying for a professional accounting qualification at the same time.

I workout before work, and study after work. I don't necessarily have alot of free time in the evenings, but I get on well with the people I work with and I do stuff at the weekend with friends, so mine is not a totally miserable existence.

Life quality (and pay) should get significantly better after I qualify

Uni student but doing an internship right now, job is a test engineer. I lift/run in the mornings before work, have to go to bed pretty early but doesn’t bother me too much. I don’t mind the job, pays well. No homework is nice for a change. Just a little lonely with it being in a different city, don’t know anyone.

Won't say the state. I'm in the Northeast though.

And I like this place. I've been coming here longer than I'd care to admit.

It's a fucking grind. But the money is really good and I only have to hold this position for another year, then it gets waaay easier. We're rolling out a 4 day work week with work from home. The benefits at this place are wild. I pay $24/month for a gigabit connection and every single channel imaginable.

Doing rental properties on the side this summer too.

I'm an analyst, 9-5 with some flexibility (I can work 8-4 or 10-6). What I do is work 8-6 on Tuesday so mondays and wednesday I can work 9-4 which gives me time to gym in the evenings on those days. Plus I work at home on Fridays so I can gym friday too plus the weekend if I want. Also it takes 2 hours to commute to work so if I finish at 5 I wont be home til 7 and need to be up by 5.30 so I don't gym on those days.

I work as a credit manager. 8-5, half hour for lunch. It sucks but hey, it pays well, my office is comfy, coworkers are fun, and the company treats us well. I can't complain really. The grind sucks, but I guess you get used to it. Everyone's working for the weekend am i right

it sucks big time tho

my job is so demanding on me that i sleep and sit around most of saturday just to recover from it

then spend sunday being depressed about the impending monday

I'm a software engineer for Disney. Pretty great work/life balance, six-figure salary, flexible hours and I get to work on interesting projects. In terms of a Veeky Forums lifestyle, the on-prem gym is pretty nice (full weight room with 3 squat racks, 1 power rack, about a dozen machines, and some miscellaneous things like cables and dumb/barbells).

Only annoying bit is that they don't open earlier on weekends, but I'm usually the only one there when it opens so I guess it's just me.

>its another "everyone on fit is a very wealthy software engineer/engineer/accountant/doctor/similar job with flexible hours and a perfect company" thread

its really incredible how everyone on this board is a very rich, extremely smart guy with amazing jobs and lives

Maybe find a new job? The thing I loathe the most about work is just waking up at 5AM and dragging myself to the gym to get my work out in. The days drag, of course, but nothing a beer at the end of the day wont fix.

At least we're not codemonkeys who have to burn midnight oil and work weekends to meet deadlines

It's just that the people who fulfilling jobs are more likely to talk about them. It's like the dick threads. Not everyone is LARPing but anyone with a big dick is gonna post their size for the ego boost.

I get paid to work out and train. It's fun. But at the same time sucks. Still too new to have a lot of opinions on it but I like it.

t. Marine

You get paid to die.

How do I get a non-factory job as an university dropout?

to anwer that question
>you get money in return
>you enjoy the benefits of a structured life
>you enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to society
>you are not a welfare leech who think's he's entitled to anything

get paid and get laid

I show people around houses that are for sale for an estate agent. My job is just to drive out to the house, show them around, go back to the office, fill out some paperwork. It's easy as pie and I'm not stuck behind a desk for 8 hours or more every day which is nice.

The pay isn't great and it's not a career job but it's ok for now. Very low stress and comfy job.

Bus driver, miserable. work from 5-7 yesterday. just

Dude TV is shit

Veterinarian. Barely have any time for the gym, as I easily work more than 60h/week. Try to get in some lifting after inspecting some carcasses at the slaughterhouse.

Watching the Olympics right now and the Sopranos when I have the time. Agreed that most TV is shit, but it's essentially free. I wouldn't pay for this, but it's nice to have for sports.

It's a more demanding pediatrics program.

I might consider PM&R. It really is Plenty of Money and Relaxation. It's a cool specialty, and almost everybody who does it is pretty chill.

I would just choose not to go medical school if I could do the time travel game. I would probably do sports physical therapy instead.

>tv is shit

this is literally the golden age of television, there are so many great programs on television there isnt enough time to watch them all. stop thinking all of television is NBC/CBS/ABC

Name some good shows for me son.

Dude, that sounds perfect. Ideal lifestyle. You wouldn't be looking for more stay at home reps when working from home, would you? I have lots of door to door experience. :^)

Glad things are going well for you, user. Don't stop.

Moving. 3 days/week. After tips it's like $25/hr and it's kinda fun. I lift in the morning before my work days, which are spaced out so I never have 2 in a row.

That leaves 4 days/week to sleep in, eat brotein, and shitpost. I live cheap: rent, bus fare, gym membership, groceries. It's fuckin comfy.

this is literally the worst time for tv with everything being politically correct

you have literally no idea what you are talking about

TV IS a hard sell for younger people who mostly use streaming apps, though sports fans (blax) and people who watch the news ie 45+ can't go without. New parents are often interested in TV, also.

>Won't say the state. I'm in the Northeast though.

Ahh okay

You're in the PA or OH, okay we don't know each other than

I'd ask what dept you're in but I have no way of knowing you actually since my dept is only from a few states. (unless you're in OH) than we may know each other, fuck i'm saying too much already

Are you in upper management of tech support type of support?

Sounds like someone I know, I bet you're head of tech

>bus fare
if i know you i'll Let you on for free. they don't have to konw

Gardener, self employed.
Fucking love it
Do I still lift? Even if I had the energy after my day not sure I would need it

you're retarded if you think tv is decent this day in age.

>delete

Anyway, joking aside we probably don't know each other and it could be anyone posting at this point

I'm in a competitor field but know the "your companies business" very well

Phone monkey with insirance company.
Mon - Fri. 9-5. Plenty of time to lift.

please tell me what "political correctness" has to do with television

>society is at the point where you literally insult people who watch the fucking news for being old

i watch the best news program, fox and friends,every morning

Nice I'm a project manager at a logistics company and thinking maybe I wanna go to ops
You autists should just tell eachother who you are desu

Maybe if you didnt have a fucking end of day beer on a weekday you wouldnt find 5am so loathesome. The state of alcoholism in the 1st world is disgraceful

My nigga. Goddamn, my life is so comfy, I can live almost like pic related indefinitely. I take care of myself; I can literally lift furniture 'til retirement age if I want. It all hinges on whether I want to take the monk's path or the householder's.

My company even has a matching 401k. I seriously consider trying to live NEET, study, and write until I'm like 60 then search hard for a young wife to make babby. Guys pull it off. And I am tall and handsome.

>unemployed losers get paid
>students don't
Drives me up the wall.

I wait tables at a nice restaurant (like $100-120 a head). I work around a lot of cool people, beautiful women, and there are three floors so I stay active and in shape. I make around $50k per year which isn't too shabbby for a guy with no degree, and there are always single co workers would like going on dates or sleeping over. It's fun, I'd recommend it if you're the least bit socially savvy.

Sales and market development. No tech on my end. Work in a building with tier 2 tech and customer escalations folks, though.

>linux sysadmin
>work out at company gym every morning
>run after lunch
>relax and sip protein shakes while working
>european owned company, so health is engrained in the company culture, coworkers are mostly fit gymbros
>leave work feeling good every day
Salty neetcucks will never live it

Let me tell you the truth about Bukowski. You might have noticed that his quotes get posted a lot on social media, giving the regular pleb the notion that he's in ANY way a good writer. As a certain poster would say "No!". His dumbed down portrayal of the "beat lifestyle" and downright intellectually insulting prose is just the tip of the ice(((berg))). He writes "dirty realism" in a vain attempt to mask the fact that he's so unimaginative that needs to stoop so low as to write a glorified article as a book! I mean WHAT IS literature without abstract notion and ideas?? LOL work, LOL regular human beans! NO! STOP glorifying people that dumb down literature to appeal to the "common man!" Henry Miller did it the best, objectively, displaying realism in an amazingly poignant prose and beautiful, absolutely transcendant "trips" where he bends the common daily world into what the human mind is capable of imagining and experiencing. He doesnt wallow in the FILTH like bukowski does. He transforms it into furtilizer for roses.

>Tfw currently in uni
>Have to declare a major by the end of this semester
>Still have absolutely no idea what I want to do
>inb4 "engineer", I'm a brainlet when it comes to high-level math