/fast/ #111 I Re-did the OP template Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt-and-sodium/sodium-health-risks-and-disease/
>REQUIRED READING!!!!!

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
[YouTube] Fasting vs. Eating Less: What's the Difference? (Science of Fasting) (embed)

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
[YouTube] Intermittent Fasting & Hunger - What the Science says (embed)

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
leangains.com/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked-major-update-nov-4th/
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY
youtube.com/watch?v=K9WGQn44XQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP videos didnt copy correctly
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

why do you keep fucking up the youtube links?

See Grow a brain and read the articles

Not sure how required that reading is beyond the first article. The salt thing is better replaced by WIV's video on that subject.

Are you retarded? The most common questions in every thread are
>How do i break a fast?
>Can i drink coffee?
>Is salt necessary?
And the slat thing holds weight cause its from harvard not some autistic asshole on youtube

>Grow a brain
>can't post youtube links properly

My bad, they didnt copy properly im sorry dad

>THis is not true

He quite literally says "This is some really good shit for your kidneys and to regulate your blood PH" but he doesn't quite go in any specifics benefits of the mechanism behind the potion itself.

>Also not true, they dont serve the same purpose

Exactly the reason as to why I'm making this post. I have no idea what to believe.

An user some threads ago made a post regarding dry fasting and said that he has been drinking snake potions before dry fasting (up to 48 hours) to great sucess.

>wrong as well and doesnt even make sense

Same as second point.

Also another user (pic related) advocates the ACV and lemon but he doesn't mention the Baking Soda at all. Is there a reason why people don't do the whole thing?

Thanks for the feedback boss

He does not say to squeeze lemons, he shows lemon juice in a bottle and shows the brand.

Salt is important, read the link in op

Some peolpe just dont go all the way, this stuff isnt a perfect science yet thats why some people dont use baking soda yet.

Also what that autist said about acv and cayeene pepper isnt true, the acv is for your kidneys and gut and controling the acid in your stomach, and the cayeene is for warming you up when your cold as fuck while fasting multiple days.

>He does not say to squeeze lemons, he shows lemon juice in a bottle and shows the brand.
I haven't been involved in this discussion, but I don't see how this relates to anything in his post.

Did you look at the cross thread post? The last thread he said snake man says to juice real lemons and enver shows a brand.

>shows lemon juice in a bottle and shows the brand.

Yes, he advocates to get organic bottled lemon juice without any kind of conservatives. However if you don't really have the means to get the bottled shit (hello third world countries) you can just buy some normal lemons and squeeze them an drink that.

So would it be ideal if I also incorporate the Baking Soda into the fasting regime along with the ACV and the lemon juice or should I just skip it?

I know for sure that both ACV and the cayenne are really good for the regime so I do have them. The only real doubt I have is regarding the DAILY baking soda intake as having that shit daily is going to overdose you in sodium which translates into getting the shits.

>without any kind of conservatives
You mean preservatives?
>So would it be ideal if I also incorporate the Baking Soda into the fasting regime along with the ACV and the lemon juice or should I just skip it?
Yes it would be ideal. It certainly wont hurt from what we know. Youre sweating the microscopic details. Just go for it man.
>daily is going to overdose you in sodium which translates into getting the shits
It wont, just reduce the amount of sodium you put in snake juice. Second off extra sodium is not what gives you the shits. It flat out isnt. Theres no science at all to suggest that.

According to leangains you body will keep muscle only if you ate protein before starting. Example a big steak will keep you releasing aminoacids for around 10-15 hours after eating. After that your body will start consuming muscles mass but in incremental rate.
Also I read that resistance training will keep you from loosing muscle mass.

>According to leangains you body will keep muscle only if you ate protein before starting
Lean gains is not a doctor of any kind and hes sto stupid he says to take bcaas during a fast which completely stop autophagy. Did you read the OP link on growth hormone secretion? Of course not.

>Also I read that resistance training will keep you from loosing muscle mass
It isnt a bad idea, but wheres the science? I agree but most of this is anecdotal.

Leangains ever talks about autophagy and he clearly states that bcaas will break your fast, so he recommends taking it 10 min before training

>Leangains ever talks about autophagy
what? If you meant never i agree and thats a huge problem. thats one of the huge benefits to fasting is the autophagy.

Quote from his argument :
>Only in prolonged fasting does protein catabolism become an issue. This happens when stored liver glycogen becomes depleted. In order to maintain blood glucose, conversion of amino acids into glucose must occur (DNG: de novo glucogenesis). This happens gradually and if amino acids are not available from food, protein must be taken from bodily stores such as muscle. Cahill looked at the contribution of amino acids to DNG after a 100 gram glucose load. He found that amino acids from muscle contributed 50% to glucose maintenance after 16 hours and almost 100% after 28 hours (when stored liver glycogen was fully depleted). Obviously, for someone who eats a high protein meal before fasting, this is a moot point as you will have plenty of aminos available from food during the fast.
If you go to the source you will find that he states that a big brotein intake before fasting will keep your body releasing aminoacids for around 10-15 hours.
Source from that : leangains.com/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked-major-update-nov-4th/

There you can also find the source of the studies he analyzed.

I'm not attacking you or saying you are stupid. Just saying maybe he is right

>If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.
Is this supposed to be taken seriously?
I'm a fatass and I'm considering fasting for five days and see how it goes. Is there anyone in these threads who actually lost like 80 lbs with fasting?

how do i break a 4.5 day fast? i want to go keto as well.

the internet has me spooked that i'll die os

First off what is your goal? If youre just doing IF maybe hes right, but with prolonged fasting protein usage spikes on day 2 but tails off heavily after. Watch fungs videos on this.
Yes lots, dude the OP template is tehre for a reason, read the links and watch the videos.
Did you read the OP link on refeeding syndrome?

Healthy fats, lots of veggies and some protein.

Example: Avocado and broccoli salad with olive oil with some chicken/turkey breast, maybe a boiled egg.

>keto
>lots of veggies
>lots of carbs
m8

Are you retarded?

Are you?

>counting fiber
wot

Finished a fast a few days ago, I’ve been on my regular eating habits which have been pretty strict and on a calorie deficit that was letting me lose maybe 100-300g a night, and all that’s been happening since I stopped my fast is the weight is piling back on? Still doing the same amount of exercise and still calorie restricted meals but I’m back to where I started even before doing the fast. Was it all for nothing then? Does this usually happen? Did I fuck up somehow?

Youve clearly never done any research on keto. Youre suppsoed to eat large amounts of vegetables cause theyre all complex and fiberous carbs and dont count, exceot starchy vegetables.
How long was the fast? If youre eating and a defecit and somehow gaining weight after a fast something is wrong. Someone is pouring sugar into your water.

>theyre all complex and fiberous carbs
>all

Yeah, you're retarded.

I just said except starchy ones, and considering you said no veggies ever clearly youve done no research. Eat shit and die.

Didn't say it here retard, fuck off with your backpedaling bullshit.

Fast was four days. Eating about 1200cal and I’m starting to wig out desu.

I didnt post that, second off its right hereAnd anyway avocado and brocolli are 100% keto. How stupid are you?

Someonething cant be right. Are you sure you arent lying? Its literally impossible for you not to eat for 4 days, then eat a deficit and somehow gain more weight than you lost.

Please tell me how in the world are avocado and broccoli non keto veggies.

lmao just kill yourself you fucking idiot. holy shit at trying to save face this hard.

Avocado and broccoli are fine.

Morning bros, I woke up today at 36 hours fasted I’m getting a lot of different information about snake juice and water. Two questions what’s the difference. Secondly how long should I fast for? This is my first fast.

i don't see it. is it one of those paper links os?

How salty should snake juice be?

how long should i space it out over? i just had some green superfood chew thing and a handful of nuts.

Man I wish I was lying, because then I wouldn’t feel so shit about it. I found fasting really difficult but I struggled through it and I was really proud. On my refeeding days I didn’t even pig out, just went back to eating my regular meals (not trying OMAD just yet) and still the weight is coming back on. I wish I knew what the fuck was going on because I’m frustrated as hell.

wtf is wrong with this guy?
Snake juice is snake juice, go to youtube and watch the video on it
>long
as long as you need to
The refeeding one is the 2nd link i believe, god helps those who help themselves.
It doesnt matter, theres 0% chances of getting refeeding syndrome after 4 days.
How much weight though? Its normal to gain back water weight.

Maybe I should’ve been more specific if I’m drinking one L of snake juice should I be drinking regular water also? Or is it one or the other?

Went from my lowest at 102.3kg on Thursday morning to 103.3kg this morning. Just weighed myself as I typed this and I’m 104.7kg. Aside from my usual 2L of water, today has been my usual deficit. Well, according my MFP I’ve had 1,114 calories today.

It isnt a perfect science and thats the truth. Dont force it, if your thirsty drink, if you arent dont. Just make sure your getting the recommended salt and potassium and youll be ok.
What were you pre-fast though?

Started the fast Sunday morning at 106.3kg. I’m just worried that this weight is going to keep climbing. I didn’t think it would come back on like this.

Dude this shows you dont understand fasting at all. Youre fine. Do you not udnerstand how this works. TDEExdays fasted=weight lost. You lost 4 days worth of calories plus water weight. So thats about 2-3 pounds of actual fat.

Been lurking /fast/ threads for about two days thinking about it, just woke up today and decided fuck it. I’m gonna do it bois, I’m gonna make it. Wish me luck.

OK, I've been fasting for about 30 hours now and it's going better than expected. I'm hoping to break it in 5 days when I go over to a family gathering and my grandmas will probably force me to eat. What's a safe way to go about this? Should I break it a day or two earlier just in case? I've been on keto for about two weeks now if that's relevant.

So you’re saying that you gain a little bit back then, but you’ve essentially lost some fat in the process and the weight is mostly water? Does this mean the weight climb is going to subside soon?

Good luck, trust the science
5 days is so short it doesnt matter how you break it, you could eat keto though if you want to stay in ketosis

>obese

When I start my fast and I am around 15 hours in, I get terrible headaches. They won't stop until I take painkillers and some food. This happens to me everytime. They get worse as time goes on. I drink lots of water, salt water too, so I doubt its because of that.

Fat fuck here, I started my first fast and I was told I should get a bunch of migraines and to expect them, but I never got anything like that. I DID get them when I started really watching what I ate, cutting out processed shit, sugar and soft drinks. Maybe the headaches are because you’re going cold turkey on addictive stuff like that?

I get gas by the afternoon like some kind of lactose intolerant subhuman when I fast, what the fuck is up with that

I've tried apple cider vinegar

Buddy this isnt hard to understand. You gain back water weight for sure. You lose fat based on how many days youve fasted. lets say your TDEE=2500. So 2500x4=10,000. Thats how many cals you lost roughly. 10,000/3500=Nearly 3lbs of fat. This really isnt hard to understand.
Sugar/carb addiction most likely. Youre going through withdrawals.

How did i not realize that

Damn. I get it now, sorry for being a dumb shit. Thanks a lot for explaining it more thoroughly, friend, I appreciate it.

Before I started my first fast I put myself on a very strict calorie restricted diet. No processed carbs, zero candy or soda, cooked all my own meals except for the occasional Lean Cuisine when I was a lazy fuck, increased my veggie intake.

Took a few days but once I got pat the withdrawals I was fine. If your diet is heavy in this stuff, I recommend cutting it down bit by bit instead of going cold turkey until it’s eliminated from your regular diet, unless you want to go back to binging on that shit. Then I recommend fasting after that.

The start of my lifting career is delayed due to mobility issues. Can I build flexibility and stretch on a prolonged water fast or do I need protons to lengthen my shit?

>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max

How do I get those? Are those sold separately?

Sure you can stretch
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY
For reference

using sperm !?!
youtube.com/watch?v=K9WGQn44XQo

Day 4. Can barely move. Scale says I lost ten pounds but my body looks just as disgusting as before.

Its mostly water weight. Youre dumping so much water you are losing electrolytes like crazy id imagine. Make sure youre replacing it.

>just as disgusting
>not looking even more disgusting on your fasts

git gud m8

How much lite-salt to consume per day on a water fast?

friendly reminder that neither 16/8 or 18/6 can be considered intermittent fasting and you should go back to plebbit if your body can't go 24 hours without eating

Is light salt pure potassium chloride? Is it some half? Read the label, compensate based on the ratio. If it's half, go buy nosalt or order the potassium. Put in the amount in the op. Also, do the op readings. Also read the op.

FUCK! I'M SICK WITH THE SAME BULLSHIT QUESTIONS
"Did coffee break your fast?"
"What do you guys use for the Potassium and sodium? Is it a powder or pills?"
FUCK OFF, YOU FUCKING NIGGERS, EVERY THREAD IS THE SAME STUPID QUESTIONS. LET'S EVOLVE.

I agree with you 100%. I cant decide whether to just ignore them or chastise them. Either way dont let it discourage you. Im here fasting with you.

yeah I hate to shill but why not just post snake man's site in every thread. Sure he's a godless maple boy, sure he's probably insane with his anti vaccine rhetoric. But his simple recipes and off the cuff humor makes up for it.

It's 290mg Sodium, 350mg Potassium per 1/4 tsp.
would 2.5 tsp per day (2900mg Sodium, 3500mg Potassium) be sufficient without additional potassium?

The problem is no one even reads or wathces the op videos.

Can't advise one way or another. On one hand you're taking in additional sodium, on the other not enough potassium. I would just get the potassium chloride and stop fucking around with light salt unless someone else in this thread uses light salt and can give you a recipe. Or you can work it out yourself and offset the recipe to accommodate the additional sodium from the ratio of potassium and sodium in the light salt.

another thing to keep in mind, less pink salt means less magnesium. You could offset that with a powder supplement for magnesium. But like I said just get no salt and make this easier fuck light salt.

Maybe if OP learned how to link videos more people would watch them

Theyve been there this entire time. We're 100 threads in. Retards still dont watch them. And if you grew a brain youd read the damn articles.

Is it okay to drink sparkling water on a fast

>implying I don't already know all this stuff
>implying people read other posts after the OP when the thread has more than 20 posts

will washing my hair with a fruit scented shampoo break my fast

>>implying people read other posts after the OP when the thread has more than 20 posts
I didnt imply that.
I did imply youre a dumbass though. Which you almost definitely are.

I was talking about snake diet dot com

>They've been there this entire time
Would you mind pointing me to the post where they are linked?

The videos? its the 1st fucking post for christs sake

will eating my gf's ass break my fast?

Oh so not in the OP then.
So >implying people read other posts after the OP when the thread has more than 20 posts

It has been in the OP for the lsat 100 threads you dumbass faggot. And if youre too stupid to read 1 fucking post past the OP then you dont belong here. Head on back to r9k fat boy, sound good?

What is pink salt exactly? Is it himalayan salt?
Also I'm not american and I have no idea what is that "nosalt" meme is. Are there substitutes?
Thanks for the help

>implying people who ask questions in this thread have ever seen the previous ones.

>What is pink salt exactly? Is it himalayan salt?
Same shit and both are a meme, just get iodized sea salt and youre fine.
"nosalt" is potassium instead of sodium. You need a potassium source.
Most have. Like I said go back to r9k fatass. Dont you have a thread to be larping as a woman in?

who 16/8 here? haven't lost weight yet but seems good

Oh. I'm sure I can get most of those things required but I'm really not sure what product I can use that has potassium. Shit

>Most have
kek

why dont you get nosalt?

Cause I don't live in a country where I can get it from amazon. And I couldn't google anything salt without sodium in my country, I only found one that says it has "less sodium and more potassium and magnesium". But I've never seen that sold anywhere in my town so idk.

I've just thought about this, can I add potassium to the mix by using lemon juice?

I think youd need a shit load of lemon juice. Are you saying it contains potassium?

how do I dry fast

Yeah, I didn't think of that, I'd need like 50 lemons to get that much potassium. Fuck, now I'm completely out of ideas.