Does this even exist? Do anorexic women really see themselves as an obese landwhale?

Does this even exist? Do anorexic women really see themselves as an obese landwhale?
I feel like anorexic people know exactly what they look like and only become skinny as a cry for attention, then they act like they think they're fat even though they know that they are not.
If pic related was how anorexic people actually felt couldn't they just step on a scale or put a tape measure on their belly and logically be like "hold on, I'm not obese my waist is only 25 inches" and then just ask someone else to help them with their diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TjBgeuTvnnk?t=2m53s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That is not how it works. Forget about the rationale.

Anorexia is a mental disorder. Regardless what a tape measure say eating food is still going to make them feel horrible.

It's like depression. You can live a perceived amazing life, be popular, rich and have a qt gf. Someone can show you all these things and tell you that you got the life everyone wants, and you will still want to kill yourself.

It's never about attention.

>It's never about attention

Pretty sweeping statement. Given that it's usually women who suffer from anorexia, I'd say attention is an enormous component of it, considering few of them can overcome it and not go on telly or blog about it.

basically what other anons have said, it's a mental illness shit.
i'm not sure til this day if what i have is more of a body dismorphia but i would always feel fat and perceive myself as fat in the mirror. granted i was around 110 which isnt the skinniest but the only times i would realize im more on the small size was a year or two later when i look at pictures of myself and go "damn ok guess i wasn't a fat land whale".

it's weird because you can be next to a fat person and clearly see a difference but when you're home and analyzing yourself you hate everything and feel so big.

and now I lift so I'm constantly struggling between feeling too big and feeling too small.

I get it. Even having been a skeleton, I'd see my belly that isn't completely flat and think it's more than it really is, but I don't make a big deal out of it because I'm a man. I get how even the skinniest of women could see that as being a fat belly and while I think it's a good thing that some women care enough about being thin that it scares them to see a tummy, I don't condone anorexia. I want them to go out jogging instead when they see that tummy.

>Pretty sweeping statement.
It's correct though. There are tons of women and men who go through anorexia without trying to make themselves tv-stars in the process.

Also, all types of mental health issues should be talked more about. Way too many people suffer from different mental illnesses or unhealth without doing anything about it because of stigma. Just look at this site, Veeky Forums is full of people with depression and suicidal thoughts, and Veeky Forums is full of people with orthorexia (just look at the CBT threads etc)

They do exist, but they're so thin

used to know a girl that felt just this way. She was tiny as shit, and one day after her bf broke up with her she just kept telling me how she is useless and how fat she was. It was tough to tell if it was for attention or not, because she wouldn’t stop saying these things for a few days. I left her alone for a while and i guess she felt better after she went with some of her friends for a while

>orthorexia
>a medical condition in which the sufferer systematically avoids specific foods in the belief that they are harmful.

Oh I better start eating fructose again. Thanks (((DSM IV))).

My gf's mom is anorexic, and it rubs off on my gf. She calls her fat and buys her clothes that are too big for her, so my gf's been starving herself, and now she can't stop. Fuckin pissed at her mom. Gf sees a fatass whenever she looks in the mirror

me on the left

after getting body dysmorphia and thinking I look small I am pretty sure that is how they see themselves. what really solidified it for me was the one time I saw someones arm and shoulders in the mirror with the rest of his body hidden because the mirror ended. I was mirin and though that guy was way bigger than me. And then I moved my arm.. and the arm in the mirror moved as well. I was shocked to find out I was mirin myself without realizing it. It slowly faded and I tried to rationalize it away talking myself down a bit in the process. But the fact remains for a few seconds I got to see what a normal healthy person would see when they look in the mirror and the world felt great in that second. From that point on I only got bigger and better objectively and I subconciously know that but I just cant accept it when I look in the mirror all I see are flaws. there are bodyparts I am ok with or that I like but for every part I like there is a flaw that I need to fix. I assume anorexic people see it the same way they realize they are very skinny but they still focus on the bodyparts that still look "fat" to them...

they're fucking retarded that's what

10% of all anorexia cases are men. I had anorexia and I've only ever told my best friend in about a decade.

Yes they literally do. They measure themselves constantly and pretty much always know exactly how they weigh like, to double-precision. It's cognitive dissonance though. Like, you'll feel happy you lost so much weight and are so skinny but then feel scared you're going to get fat again. Or you'll see an anorexic that's literally on the brink of death and feel jealous of her.

Also some anorexics are doing that as a way of self-flaggelation, it's not always a diet gone wrong. They relish in how thin they've gotten because they're just one step closer to death.

Anorexia actually has been linked to schizophrenia and OCD. You know on a conscious level that those things and paranoias are not real and that the voices are fake but over time your resolve starts to wear and it just becomes easier to talk back to the voices or perform the compulsive behavior than get confused and try to fight back.

Remember this user:

Only you feel that certain insertion in you body isn't how you want it to be, that one muscle is slightly smaller than the other and so on. The best you can do today is see a pic of when you didn't use to lift and see yourself now in the mirror or take a pic and feel confident about yourself because you fucking earned it. You're gonna make it, if you haven't yet

>DSM IV

You're two versions behind, my man.

thanks user I appreciate it, and deep down I know all this. the thing is when I look at pics that date back a while I realize that I look WAY better and look almost like my goal body used to look back in the day. funny thing is when I look back just a few months or years at pics I think I look pretty fit and good looking. however if I looked in the mirror back then I thought I was ugly and small... kinda how I feel now.

One of my exes had it. She was like 20% bf which is like 15% for a guy, so “athletic” build with maybe slightest amount of not flat belly, and she thought she was a whale.

>All anorexic people I've seen on tv have told their stories on tv!!!

I actually have confidence that this is real because I remember you posting about it waaay back.

>Thinking you're fat when you are objectively skinny and then harming your body is a mental illness
>Thinking you're a grill when your objectively a boy and then self harming is stunning and brave

in the beginning of this podcast (the link is set to when they begin discussing it) Gad Saad goes over an evolutionary explanation for eating disorders. I've always thought of his explanation as being much more compelling than the whole "they want to look attractive and they think they're fat" nonsense.

youtu.be/TjBgeuTvnnk?t=2m53s

I've had it happen too. 100% confirmed. What fucked me up was how small it looked after I realized it was my arm again.

The other nice thing is looking up quantitative measurements like body fat %, arm size or whatever else so you can compare online vs averages/elites. It's partially why I like symmetric strength.

you don't know what it's like

>we don't trust mentally ill people with firearms
>trannies should be allowed in the military

you seem knowledgeable on this topic. how do you fight back effectively against the voices?
they are persistent as fuck

Its the opposite actually, men usually perceive themselves as bigger than they really are

>men usually perceive themselves as bigger than they really are

Maybe a majority do, but not all men.
Similarly, not all women feel they are fatter than they are.

I've recovered from anorexia and still struggle with finding a good spot with my eating habits.

I used to be fat when I was about 17 . I just moved out of my parents place and suddenly began eating less and less because I hated how fat I looked. I went from 180 lbs at 5'3 to below 100lbs.

I never saw much of a change in my body during this aside from noticing my bones protruding more and more. I still thought I was fat in the areas where my bones weren't sticking out. I would exercise anything I ate off and obsessively monitor everything I ate.

At 85 lbs I thought I was fat. I remember feeling happy when the lady at a clothing store told me they didn't carry my size because I was too thin. I never thought about being too thin.

I've been through it and I still struggle to understand it. My dad sat me down and told me I was harming myself and I managed to stop obsessing eventually.

It doesn't make sense and looking back at pictures I don't know how I didn't see that I was killing myself. I just had such a fear of being fat again.

If you're fat now then you failed and were never anorexic to begin with. Sorry, its just the truth. I actually got diagnosed, by a doctor, for anorexia and BDD when I was 19 (male, was 55kg and fainted in my Mom's kitchen, woke up in hospital). They put me on a 3500kcal meal plan when my TDEE was 1800, I told them that with a 1700kcal surplus I'd just get fat, and my doctor told me he knows what's best for me (fucking lol).
I was all for gaining weight, but not at fucking 3500kcals a day. Only way I managed to do it was (I shit you not) taking anabolics during the refeeding process. Even then I still got fat, but gained way more muscle than I would have otherwise so it was easy to get lean again once I got the all clear. Currently 80kg and around 10% bodyfat, 21 years old.
The thing about anorexia is that it can't be cured. The "cure" is to conform to the idea that your body will always be imperfect and just not bother to try and fix it. This is exactly what doctors want, because thin people obsessing over their body doesn't generate money for the economy: fat people working dead end jobs and buying snake oils do. The thing that's always there in your mind, telling you you're too fat and that you need to lose weight, isn't called anorexia it's called common sense.

yeah I posted about it on here a while ago, funny that anyone would remember.

yeah it is crazy how something in your brain desperately tries to rationalize it. the first thought that came to my mind was "well I would never look like that if I didnt have a pump"

Well I see myself as swole as fuck when I'm actually dyel so why not?

>110 lbs
>fat
>not 4 ft tall
Even if you are a grill, you are smol. Please do yourself a favor and (if you are looking to change) bulk for gains, dont cut at that weight.
even if you are a girl

Any tips for dating a girl with an ED?

This is true but i think women cause this since they overreact to even small muscle gains. + Men can also mistake having a good face for women liking their muscles but in reality they just like their face. I used to have a pretty shit tier body but a good face and though girls liked me because of my body. For some reason i even though my face was ugly and only now after bulking can i see that was the only thing girls mired about me

But certain foods are harmful...

Body dysmorphia and depression are both made up bullshit disorders used to label and pacify perceptive individuals.

Yes

t. anorexic

tfw you will never accidentally mire yourself in the mirror

That is absolutely not true for a true anorexic. True anorexics ruin their attention grabbing good looks by losing too much weight. And for some anorexics it's not about looks at all- could be a control issue, or they were raped and don't want to be sexualized anymore. You really don't understand what it's like until you've personally experienced it or had someone close go through it. There are some fakes out there, but there's a lot of real ones who are seriously suffering mental anguish. A real anorexic mindset is crazy toxic and hard to overcome. And there's not just one reason for it

Yes, end the relationship. Even if he claims to be a girl and has an erectile dysfunction, it's just a trap, and traps are gay

You realize there are anorexic that literally starve to death right? It's not just an arbitrary label, it's a physical, in your face, mental disruption. It's not like this is "ADD" or "ocd" where seemingly everyone magically has it, anorexic are physically killing themselves, and even if they don't die- they'll likely give themselves lifelong organ damage from chronic underfeeding. I'm the first to point out arbitrary diagnoses and labels, but you're just being fucking retarded

Very true, it's not about the weight. No "goal weight" is enough, no bmi too low. Something else drives you to restrict and drop your weight.