How does he apply to Veeky Forums? seems all his advice revolves around money

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U
youtube.com/watch?v=xgOg0c_ql8g
youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtube.com/watch?v=Urd0IK0WEWU
youtube.com/watch?v=23dArPpXgCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He said in a video that when he was 25 he used to lift and gained about 20lbs.

>seems all his advice revolves around money
How do you figure?

It's all about learning to be a conscientious (as in disciplined) person.

You must have a pretty shit life if you're taking advice from someone who they themselves can't handle life and whose best advice is "clean ur room lol"

(You)

>all his advice revolves around money

the fuck

he is just trying to force a meme when he says "clean ur room"

Check his H3 Podcasts, he says very interesting stuff

Heard he benched 225 when he lifted, so he's already outlifted 95% of Veeky Forums

>cant handle life
>55 years old
>rich as fuck
>fulfilled as fuck
>sitting on top of the dominance heirarchy

>whose best advice is "clean ur room lol"
you obviously havent even watched one of his videos

>his advice revolves around money

you have a narrow view of the world, I'm afraid

he basically never talks about money at all

he does talk about money a lot. his whole mantra is people could be millionaires by 25 if they didnt waste sp much time

>his mantra
ive listened to like 50 hours of various material of his, including his new book and he never ever mentions money except when he says he trippled the amount of money some of his clients made after therapy. its certainly not his mantra, i dont know why youre trying to spread such blatant lies.

Hmm excuse me sweetie but he just published a book about the other rooms in your house.

you forgot
>takes drugs to cope with life

I've watched one where he misattributed one of the most basic and well known philosophical quotes ever, does that count? Why would I waste my time watching a fraud like him when my life is perfectly fine.

thats not what he said, please pay attention

*used to take ssris prescribed to him

>taking advice from someone who they themselves can't handle life
how do you even come up with this shit, its like you take reality and then just say the complete opposite.

>misattributed one of the most basic and well known philosophical quotes ever

What was it?

>damage control
Just accept you're taking life advice from someone who clearly couldn't cope with life and took antidepressants

He claimed Nietzsche said one must imagine Sisyphus happy. In a lot countries even most high schoolers would be able to tell you this was Camus.
It just shows his understanding of philosophy is very limited but he's often referencing Nietzsche, possibly because he thinks quoting a famous philosopher will give him more credibility.

how is the truth damage control?

>couldnt cope
>worked through his depression and still ascended the dominance heirarchy

He sure is grinding this hustle hard.

Pic related: it's all these dick riders of jordan peterson.

With drugs.
People on roids can make gains even without working out at all, same goes for mental health. With drugs you can recover without applying yourself at all.
I'll ask the question again, do you seriously believe it's a good idea to take life advice from someone who had to resort to antidepressants?

How much of a brainlet do you have to be to not be capable of simple abstraction? I guess this is the quality of Peterson's audience.

Yes I think someone overcoming clinical depression is pretty inspiring.

It's weird to me that people take life advice from a guy who takes medication for depression and who claims that life is suffering and a tragedy.

*used to

You're not even listening to what he is saying tbqh.

In his latest interview with his daughter he said that he still takes medication, but not as much as before. He's still depressed.

yeah dude, fuck him for being depressed. FUCK HIM!!!!!!! SPECIFICALLY FOR BEING DEPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=A6g_geYeL4U

This is the most recent thing I've found where he talks about taking antidepressants, and he says that he still takes them.

You'll be able to link that interview I assume.

Are you retarded?

Yeah, I did here: Do you have a source to back up that he doesn't take antidepressants anymore?

You're still missing the point.
Do you not see the flaw in taking life advice from someone who was/is depressed and had to take/still takes medication?

I'll spell it out for you: he probably doesn't have a good grip on his own life and therefore his advice is not something you should trust

thats rich coming from you lmao

camus was influenced by nietzsche which makes me think he either got something mixed up in the heat of the debate or you simply misunderstood him. in any case calling him a fraud for this is so beyond ridiculous considering he has like 500 hours worth of materials online and 30 yrs of clinical practice behind him.

also
>most basic and well known philosophical quotes ever
no

> even most high schoolers would be able to tell you
no

>shows his understanding of philosophy
misattributing a quote has nothing to do with not understanding anything.

>doesnt have a good grip on his own life
>tenured professor
>rich as fuck
>great family life
>sorted as fuck

maybe you need some ssris you sad little boy

Peterson is inspiring neet losers and fighting against anti-free speech laws. Peterson is a professor. Peterson has a home with a family. Peterson is doing pretty well for himself, and you, nameless user, sit here and unduly shit on him because he took prescribed medicine and worked through his depression.
I wonder if you even come close to the value he has to the world around him.
Why do you have so much investment in him?

what do you think about his daughters body of work?

>He claimed Nietzsche said one must imagine Sisyphus happy. In a lot countries even most high schoolers would be able to tell you this was Camus.

lmao if true. Even I know this. He probably knows and just mixed them up tho.

Sweetie, I ride his dick a little. I just don't get personally offended when people online just fail to be enlightened by clean-your-roomism.

Look at where he is now, you dummy. I'd take advice from someone who made it through the storm, yes.
>Can't take injury prevention advice from someone who had an injury

beautiful

must fuck
but someone else already fucked
maybe next life

hes exploiting people for money and is a loser "intellectual"

>hes exploiting people for money
how?
>and is a loser "intellectual"
Jesus Christ

And yet with all his intellect he still cannot answer Jewish Question
Or get his daughter from seeeking approval in internet
He's not stupid for certain but he has weird sentiment towards individualism, he doesn't like white people awakening. He's high quality psyops to stop whites from organizing.

Dude even Elon Musk says that he is depressed despite SpaceX, Tesla, being worth $20B, etc. Not listening to someone because they're depressed, I'm not sure that's the correct approach.

this is such a retarded argument. the way he handles life is probably better than 99% of people who ever lived.

>>tenured professor
>>rich as fuck
>>great family life
>>sorted as fuck
The only thing we know is true is the tenured professor part. You don't know if he's rich (plenty of people who make a lot of money are broke, like football players), you don't know what his family life is like, and the sorted thing doesn't even mean anything.

He has depression, and takes meds just to cope with life. Not only is he not happy, if you listen to his lectures, turns out that he doesn't even think that happiness is something you should try to get.

Peterson has some interesting things to say, but also plenty of retarded things to say. I would take his advice with a grain of salt.

>employing marxist class warfare when you pretend to fight against it

sad

>>most basic and well known philosophical quote ever
>no
Yes, nowadays Camus is an entry point for people interested in basic existential philosophy. Anyone with a basic understanding of philosophy will at least have heard of the myth of Sisyphus

>misattributing a quote has nothing to do with not understanding anything
It shows a lack of proper understanding. If I heard a scientist claim that Thales proved a^2+b^2=c^2, I would strongly doubt his knowledge in the history of maths, regardless of his ability.

Another argument to made against Peterson's knowledge of philosophy is the fact he recommends Nietzsche on his reading list while recommending none of the essential prerequisites, which implies he himself has not read them and thus has a limited understanding of Nietzsche himself.

It's not that he was depressed, he took drugs mate. I would never take advice from someone who took drugs to deal with life unless it specifically had to do with the taking of drugs.

No, he takes drugs so you can't even say he handles life. The drugs do it for him.

staring_into_the_abyss_in_my_cute_bikini.jpg

its okay if you don't understand

Veeky Forums already has a father figure and it sure as hell isn't this dyel

Your idealogical bias has completely blinded you to what Peterson actually does. He says that white privilege is a stupid concept, and constantly combats SJW and marxist sentiments. I suppose he would have to say that the jews did 9/11, or some other extreme statement, for you to be even remotely happy with ham
>He's high quality psyops to stop whites from organizing.
What?

would you hold a woman accountable if she consented to sex while on drugs? after all, it wasn't her, the drugs did it for her.

this is the dumbest post ive read all day, thank you.

>give millions of people free therapy
>they willingly donate money anyway
BRILLIANT EXPLOIT!

>which implies he himself has not read them

>ou, nameless user, sit here and unduly shit on him because he took prescribed medicine and worked through his depression.

1) He didn't work through his depression if he still takes medication.

2) I'm not shitting on him. All I said is that he's a self admitted depressed person who believes that life is suffering, and because of that, you should be careful about taking advice from him. That's all I said. But do whatever you want, go clean your room and all that.

So, you're saying there's absolutely no value to gain from the teachings of a person who is wildly more successful and developed than anyone on this board due to one flaw? If it is, in fact, a flaw? That sounds like the attitude of a person who is going to stay at the exact same social rung or a lower one, for their entire life.

Nice argument, retard.

What is a false friend?
He has to fight marxists,he has to gain trust in order to stop any collectivistic movement from happening.
youtube.com/watch?v=xgOg0c_ql8g
I don't want him to scream about jews and 9/11 but he doesn't want to answer questions about obvious jewish roles in history. He doesn't want to notice that jews are extremely overrepresented in media especially leftist one.
>>He's high quality psyops to stop whites from organizing.
White people can either organize now or go extinct, peterson is all about individualism and literally cries about collectivism. He is an enemy
Give some arguments cunt

hello
you are fucking retarded and you need to stop posting
t. someone who genuinely worries about the fate of white people and acts in a constructive, productive manner in order to nudge it in the right direction

>worked towards goals while depressed
>didnt work through depression

dont you get tired of being btfo? gonna have to go back to r/enoughpetersonspam soon to make yourself feel better

>Sweetie,
What did he mean by this?

I thought so too.

Anyone who has actually read Nietzsche and understood him would not recommend him without at least recommending a work on the history of philosophy.
Peterson does not do this ergo he has probably read Nietzsche on his own without any background and come out with a limited undertaking.

>flaw
It's not a flaw it's a massive factor in him being able to get out of his rut. I'm not even going to bother explaining why you shouldn't take lifd advice from someone who had to take antidepressants because I've already tried and Peterson fan boys are impossible to convince.
If you think it's a good idea to listen to someone who took drugs to be able to live properly, go for it and see where it takes you.

Happy for you mate. I'm doing my part as well ,but I do realise that without some kind of collectivism,even basic white identity, whites will perish.

I don't know why i waste time arguing with petersonbots. Have a good day.

How do you know that you understand Nietzsche? How do you know that everything he wrote is worthwhile?

>He didn't work through his depression if he still takes medication.
Where has he said this?
>All I said is that he's a self admitted depressed person who believes that life is suffering, and because of that, you should be careful about taking advice from him
You completely misunderstand him. He asserts that life is suffering. He then says that that is no reason to wallow in despair and self-pity. That you should do everything to minimize your suffering, and the suffering of those around you. He advocates responsibility and honesty.

You completely disregard him for taking drugs, as if the drugs are responsible for all the strides he has made. As if the drugs consumed his mind and puppeteered him through life

>Another argument to made against Peterson's knowledge of philosophy is the fact he recommends Nietzsche on his reading list while recommending none of the essential prerequisites, which implies he himself has not read them and thus has a limited understanding of Nietzsche himself.

The prerequisite list for Nietzsche is enormous, and you don't have to have read it in order to get something out of Nietzsche. Are you going to have to read the totality of Stoic literature just so you can get his polemic against them in "Beyond good and evil"? Or maybe some Kant for exactly the same reason, which then leads one into the problem of reading Kant's prerequisites?

The fact is, one does not need to have read much to, for instance, understand a good chunk of The genealogy of moral.

The argument to be made against Peterson as an authority on philosophy is one he provides himself: he's not a philosopher by training. He's a clinical psychologist.

Your idea that taking prescribed anti-depressive somehow negates all that he has done to combat his depression, is completely unreasonable.
I wonder what sort of things you do daily to cope

Peterson specifically describes what it takes to lead a movement, and in no way discourages it. Collectivism and organization are not synonymous.Collectivism identifies individuals by their group, which is obviously a first-order approximation of their behavior at best. Organization is how individuals can express their power onto society, and is by no means contradictory to individualism.

>as if the drugs are responsible for all the strides he has made
No, I don't believe that. I'm saying that if he's not happy, is his philoshophy worth following? I sure as hell don't want to be in his shoes.

I recall him speaking about leading,that I won't argue,but I will need a source on organization, never heard it from him.

I don't pretend to fully understand Nietzsche, I understand that he's a complicated and important philosopher who can't be understood in a vacuum.
His works are worthwhile by virtue of the fact they influenced nearly all of subsequent philosophy and so at least can be useful for understanding it.

You don't have to read everything. At the very least though a book on the history of philosophy. Peterson doesn't even do this.
And you're that he isn't a philosopher, but the fact he's regularly quoting a handful means people falsely see him as one.

Depends. Do you actually believe that his philosophy is what causes his depression?

>but he doesn't want to answer questions about obvious jewish roles in history
When has this come up?
>White people can either organize now or go extinct, peterson is all about individualism
No. Peterson is all about tradition and taking responsibility. Peterson is not against communities. Peterson is against authoritarian states and Nihilistic conclusions

youre whole argument literally relies on the fact that a person can go through regular and higher education, become a psychologist and teacher, work for 30 years, then get a huge following of millions of people who claim he has significantly improved their lifes AND STILL not know something so basic that everyone high schooler knows it (even though philosophy isnt part of high school education and i doubt camus is even read in most high schools).

youre so fucking dumb it hurts.

there is also no evidence that he still takes antidepressants and your conclusion from it is also retarded. the only situation in which this argument would be legit would be if he said people should live exactly the way he lives (including the parts of his life he has no control over).

Whats a good one of his videos to start with

yeah i dont know why you waste time presenting your shitty arguments either, time better spent cleaning your room if you ask me.

>When has this come up?
In the very video I've posted in post you replied to
>No. Peterson is all about tradition and taking responsibility.
True
>Peterson is not against communities. Peterson is against authoritarian states and Nihilistic conclusions
At this point,is there any way different than authoritarism to bring order back, to save white countries ?

Try this

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE

Fuck me, ill give it a go but something about rogan pisses me off, looks like a retard

If you guys want to watch one (1) video of his, watch this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Urd0IK0WEWU

Seriously.

>And you're that he isn't a philosopher, but the fact he's regularly quoting a handful means people falsely see him as one.

He's not fraudulent about the nature of his credential. If you say that people give him more credit than he deserves, and if it happens to be true, then it just shows the deficiency of most people.

(Consider that this is a particular case of an argument made against democracy as a system in general. The masses cannot be expected to be good judges of the level of expertise of those they elect. It doesn't have much to do with this discussion but I find it funny.)

I don't know if it is. It probably is, in my opinion, but his depression could also be the result of some chemical problem in his brain unrelated to how he lives his life.

But if he's not happy, what possible reason do you/I have to follow his teachings? What indication is there that they will lead to happiness? Why would you listen to his advice?

Again, he doesn't even believe that you should try to be happy. That makes zero sense to me. I've listened to his lectures.

>I'm saying that if he's not happy, is his philoshophy worth following
It's damn well better than sitting in a disgusting, isolated apartment with no goals in life. That's exactly who his philosophy is designed for, and yes, it works. How can
>set a plan for your life
>takes steps towards it
somehow be misconstrued as not worth following because Peterson takes drugs?
You also realize that depression is a neurological problem, as well as a psychological, yes?

He did one with Jocko too if thats more your speed

youtube.com/watch?v=23dArPpXgCM

For reps?

>cheap ass vinyl flooring

0/10 would not bang.

I'll set this up for you. Peterson proclaims that if you're a depressed "loser" with no goals in life, you should;
>Get a goal
>Follow that goal
>examine yourself and find your flaws
>try to work out those flaw
>don't be obsessed with how life is suffering, because that can only increase it. Instead, take steps to decrease suffering for both yourself and those around you
How can this possibly lead to MORE suffering if you're already fucked? It's sound advice, man

this looks like my friends sister

>reddit: the human being
>has reddit: the mental illness
adds up

>reddit: the post

This one is really good and gets better by the minute.

Is she dating an asian guy? Serious question.