/fast/ #112 Coffee Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>Tumors
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

Anyone know the effects of caffeine while fasted versus caffeine when not fasted? Does caffeine have a stronger effect? Can fasting quicken the process of caffeine withdrawal and lowering tolerance?

Thats a good question and i have no clue

I drank some Redbull vodkas last night and feel like I got hit by a truck. I had been doing OMAD, but all I consumed yesterday was liquor. Don't do what I did, guys. It's unpleasant.

Ah. You obviously missed the cautions in earlier threads about not drinking alcohol while fasting.

One small vodka has about the same as a treble.

Drink plenty of water (more than usual the morning after because otherwise the hangover is worse as well), usually takes me 3 litres, but as I say, I've learned that lesson.

If you are going to drink, try and drink a glass of water between each drink of alcohol. Yes...I know, sad, but it is true.

Posted in last thread but it died

So /fast/ here's me
if it wasn't for these fat sacks I'd be more comfortable with myself. But I guess it's a good thing because it makes me wanna get healthier. I used to be a huge ass fat fuck now im a regular fat fuck. I was around 225 in January. I've been doing on and off fasts and it's been working so far. I just hate these fuckin love handles.

Here's me btw(and my cat She-Ra looking at me in disgust)
>6'0
>199lbs

I'll update my progress in a later thread since people always complain about the lack of pic. Ik how I'm gonna a look at my goal weight because I been there before. Blog post in a second

I did get down to like 173 in 2015 but then I got into a relationship a few months later and the bitch liked to eat out all the time and I slowly crept up to like 215-220 and up to 240 but after all that. I usually coasted around 230 tho. It was a set back but I decided to reunfuck myself. Here was me at almost 300 and me when I was at like the 170s iirc. I fuckin regret gaining the weight back but it was for the best because I now have better eating habits and a load of mistakes to learn from. I can't wait to get rid of the fuckin love handles and I can finally swim without a shirt on.

Tl Dr don't get into a relationship.

Nice work user. You're gonna make it.

>Tl Dr don't get into a relationship.
It's not so much the relationships that are the problem as the people in them. Most women in the Western world are at heart lazy and entitled and many of them are quite happy to go out and eat and then mulch in from of Netflix.

If you want a recipe for obesity, that is pretty much it.

As for fasting and losing a large amount of weight, I can't see how you can do that and maintain a relationship, since it pretty much fucks up your entire social life until it is done or until you say "Fuck it" and quit.

Fortunately for me (although it didn't seem very fortunate at the time), mine did a runner a few years back, so I have no problem spending time getting back into shape (apart from the tedium obviously).

I've got a 'before' photo, but despite losing nearly 50lbs my fat ass actually doesn't seem much different to me at any rate although I am wearing clothes from the back of the wardrobe that haven't seen the light of day since before 9/11.

I promise I will post photos at some point, but not yet.

coffee actually helps me with a hangover
and if you're not a purist about your fast, maybe some bone broth
most of the discomfort is due to dehydration
if you really rather feel better more than wanting to stick to a fast put some heavy whipping cream in your coffee

post more cat

Day 7 out of planned 12 and I keep browsing Veeky Forums, I'm not hungry but I miss taste of food so much.

Yeah you're right. Either way I don't see myself getting into a relationship for a while since they're too emotionally and mentally taxing for me. I'm just gonna fuck various sluts again

Here's my male cat Atom. His name is kinda a play on words since Atom sounds like Adam and Adam is he-man's real name

This is so true. It isnt hunger, its like just a longing or something. I simply wish i was eating.

you need to put on some muscle mane

what I miss is eating with people

but I live alone and even if I ate I wouldn't be eating with people

at least I'm on day 3 and near full ketosis! (I even smell acetone from time to time, not sure why it's not constant)

I hate eating with other people, especially with all the normies at work give me this strange look when I eat something alone in the kitchen like it was some sort of blasphemy to just sit down, shut the fuck up and eat in peace.

I know I'm waiting until I'm at my goal weight then I'm gonna bulk. It's just easier that way.

I just feel bored at times without food. Like you realize how much of your day food actually takes up when you're not eating at all.

You're either fasting or you're lifting, but both at the same time doesn't really work (I'm talking long fasts here).

>I know I'm waiting until I'm at my goal weight then I'm gonna bulk.

Same here. It seems to me to be the better way, lose all of the body fat that you can, then build from that.

Theres no proof thats true

The proof is that it's overly difficult and uses a lot of energy when energy is already low. It's possible but it's a hassle. It's not like you can't build muscle after you're done cutting

Been fasting for 45hrs now. Trying to go down to 10%-ish bf

Pic related is me at 5'11" and 175lbs at the beginning of my fast

I'll post a b4/after if it goes well

Hourglass?
And your energy shouldnt be horribly low if youre in ketosis.
Second off theres evidence that lifting during a fast and keeping yourself stimulated prevents muscle breakdown more than just lying in bed. You shouldnt have a name or be giving bad advice.
Dude youre rpetty lean.

Fasting today because i ate 3 bowls of oats with whey and honey and like 150 of grilled almonds yesterday

bf% estimate?
I've tested it at a pharmacy they have one of these balances and it said around 18%.

Would you recommend starting 5:2 OMAD instead?

Id recommend you lift some weights dude. Maybe omad and start lifting? BF% is meaningless in my opinion. I think if you look good in the mirror thats all that matters.

I know that feel. You start to realise how much happiness you got out of your taste buds being stimulated when you are completely deprived of it. Once I don't have food, I lose that entertainment and stimulation from it.

I'm a fan of OMAD, not for weight loss so much as cleaning up food habits prior to getting down to some serious fasting when you are ready.

OMAD allows you to get to grips with snacking and overeating generally (whether its 3MAD or 6MAD) and focus on what you NEED rather than what you WANT.

When I eventually hit my goal weight, I will be using a combination of Keto / OMAD as my maintenance regime with periodic 48hr water fasts / dry fasts as required.

I may try keto / OMAD / 5:2 out to see if it is better at keeping weight stable though.

I've been doing stronglifts for a while.
1/2/2.5/3.25 for 1RM
I was the "I don't count my calories" meme idiot for most of that time so still look DYEL

I'm switching to MADCOW 5x5 and will start counting my intake from now on.

I just want to start at the lowest bf% possible when I bulk

Dont ever "bulk". Or at the very least do the leanest bulk possible. Like eat a can of tuna before you go to sleep or something. Almost all natties over bulk and get fat. It isnt worth it. Madcow also isnt that good. You should do one of Canditos programs or Nuckols programs.

>Don't ever bulk
What tf is this meme advice you fucking retard?? How tf else is he gonna build muscle?

That isnt how you build msucle. Like I said almost all natties get fat and call it a "bulk". And then cut and lose almost all the strength they gained. You dont understand where cutting and bulking comes from. Also id gurantee it im stronger then you are.

Lol I'm not laying in bed all day. I go for walks and do light shit. If you wanna lift go ahead but I tried it and it was overly exhausting on a fast

>bf% doesn't matter
Uh what?

You must be retarded.

>Uh what?
Did you read what i wrote? Knowing what your bf% is is pointless. If you like how you look youre fine.
>You must be retarded.
Explain how what I said is wrong. I know youre new here and think youre important for some reason with your stupid name, but grow a brain and tell me how what I said is wrong.

t. Retard

Man there are many reasons to know your body fat and bulking is the norm and literally the most common way to build muscle. Also why are you so caught up on the name? It's just a self depreciating joke bc I have love handles. I hope you're trolling man.

>Man there are many reasons to know your body fat
Like? For the average fitizen is completely irrelevant.
>bulking is the norm
It actually isnt. Anyone whose been here for more than 6 months has realized that.
>It's just a self depreciating joke
It isnt funny reddit.
I know you arent trolling youre just very very new and havent spend anytime in the gym hence why youre a fat fuck.

If you want a handle then fuck off to reddit.

I think you guys don't have the same definition of bulk.
You can bulk on a 1% calorie surplus if you want to be pedantic, and you won't get fat anytime soon with that.

>You can bulk on a 1% calorie surplus if you want to be pedantic, and you won't get fat anytime soon with that.
Thats specifically what i said, hence the 1 can of tuna. But anyone whos been here for more than a week will know 99% of people end up dirty bulking and complain about it after words.

Lol OK retard. It's always the faggot who never posts a pic of themselves talking the most shit. Take your hurr dirt edgy shit back to /b/.

>It actually isnt
No it actually is. It's the norm throughout the world. You eat a calorie surplus with am emphasis on protein and lift.

>It isnt funny reddit. I know you arent trolling youre just very very new and havent spend anytime in the gym hence why youre a fat fuck

Man the projecting in this post is hilarious. Btw I lost over 20 lbs last month and I'll reach my goal weight by the end of this month.

>being an elitist on a Chinese whaling site

No thanks I don't use reddit. Is My name triggering your autism or something? I'm not even using a trip.

Ah I missed you Veeky Forums it's been too long

This has to be a woman. Youre trying to hard to fit in dear.

i started fasting the first year i started lifting in 2012. i read some stuff from lyle, and was doing leangains full time once i learned more.

when did fasting hit mainstream for the normies? i don't really lurk Veeky Forums anymore.

He just assumed I meant dirty bulk for some reason
By bulk I mean eating a calorie surplus not eating McDonald's every day. If I meant dirty bulk I would have specified.

Says the one who thinks they're on /b/. Pic related user

I started using Veeky Forums late 2014 and I rarely, if ever saw fast threads. There was more psmf shit.

>keeping yourself stimulated prevents muscle breakdown
Yes.
>lifting
No, almost certainly a terrible idea. Just go for long walks and maybe do light calisthenics.

2016ish
>He just assumed I meant dirty bulk for some reason
Because if youve been here for more than a week youd know thats what most peolpe mean. I already said that about 3 times.
>Says the one who thinks they're on /b/
I dont know what that means.
Youre the one who called me a retard about 5 times already. Project some more please you fat woman.

yeah, i was looking at some treads, saw the general, and was pretty shocked.

i know it has to be picking up, because i work with a guy who refuses to lift weights but is now fasting and talks about it all of the time.

>Because if youve been here for more than a week youd know thats what most peolpe mean

No most 'peolpe' specify they're doing a dirty bulk when they're doing a dirty bulk.

>I dont know what that means. Youre the one who called me a retard about 5 times already. Project some more please you fat woman.

You're the one projecting about being on Veeky Forums for a short time. And I wouldn't call you a retard if you weren't acting like a retard, retard. Leave the thread friend

I'm glad it picked up because it works pretty well. I tried PSMF around 2015 and it made me feel like shit

fasting being popular i dont think really does anything for anyone other than ease social pressures, which shouldn't affect most fitizens anyway.

i'd rather have something like paleo become super popular for a long time, so more places start making/serving clean food that isn't made with 99% processed garbage.

it's kinda like "hey i didn't have time to make lunch for work today, or i'm going out with friends, where can i go to eat that isn't pizza or the nutritional equivalent?"

that said, i kinda want to start fasting again, but i don't think it will really do much for me since i'm eating more these days while lifting

Sounds a bit like those Aussie themed restaurants that sprang up all over California when Crocodile Dundee was in vogue and vanished as soon as the craze was over (apart from Outback, which lingers on)

Maybe they will have a paleo restaurant chain called "Neanderthal" or just plain "Uggh!".

Prepare and cook your own food, then you know what's in it and that the only hands that have touched it since it was washed are yours.

>No most 'peolpe' specify they're doing a dirty bulk when they're doing a dirty bulk.
No they dont
>You're the one projecting about being on Veeky Forums for a short time. And I wouldn't call you a retard if you weren't acting like a retard, retard. Leave the thread friend
Ive done more fro this general than you have. I'm also stronger than you are which i know for a fact unless youre on gear so how about you leave fit all together.
>Prepare and cook your own food
If you ever go to korean bbq places theyre like that.

>fasting being popular i dont think really does anything for anyone other than ease social pressures

Well I never really thought about doing a full on fast before the threads started. Nobody I know is doing them and thinks it's crazy or some shit. Not that it matters, they can stay chubby while we get in shape.

Wrong thread or am I missing something? It is 730 am and I haven't slept yet so idk

yeah, it's a great thing, but my point was that you don't really ever need anything from anyone else when you're fasting. i just thought a lot of people could benefit from eating clean food / paleo.

fasting is pretty cool though, especially if you're cutting. i would check out leangains and read some stuff from martin berkhan on his site if you want more info.

>No they dont
Except for the fact that they do

>Ive done more fro this general than you have.

Like what?

>I'm also stronger than you are which i know for a fact unless youre on gear

Yeah probably. I'm losing weight right now and I'm gonna bulk when I reach my goal weight. Clean bulk since you're so caught up on semantics.

Also I noticed you still haven't posted your body? Is it because all your posturing is just you trying to cover up the fact that you're probably just another fat dude talking shit. Yeah I'm fat and have shit lifts but I'm making an effort to better myself. Maybe you're just salty because you don't have the will power?

Also this ' is called an apostrophe, please use it.

I've got some starting plates for you Hourglass...

So you tell me to go back to b, yet you have a meme name and post stupid images that contribute nothing to the thread. Everyone here is laughing at you.
>Like what?
I have read every study thats ever been posted here and added to the template many times.
>Also I noticed you still haven't posted your body?
Neitehr have you. A body doest equate to strength. Im over weight liek you, and desu ill admit im a bulking victim thats why im so against it. I overbulked and it got away from me. Luckily iw as lifting the while time so i did get strong but at the expense of gaining a lot of weight.
>Also this ' is called an apostrophe, please use it.
Its Veeky Forums, no one cares about grammar. Step off your high horse and humble yourself.

Yeah I see your point. Sadly eating pizza and shit food has become almost a personality trait for some people. People think clean eating is bland and shit. If only they knew how to use spices. And I've done IF before but it's meh for me. It's easier for me to just do a full on fast

Hell yeah just what I need. I actually work out at home. I need some 45 lb plates I've been having to use a bunch of 25 lbs plates.

All you've done is try and talk shit and spread misinfo thanks for the help faggot.

>post stupid images
How dare I post an image on an image board!

>I have read every study thats ever been posted
So has everyone who uses these threads

>added to the template many times
Added what it's been the same for a while now.

>Neitehr have you.

See hence the name.

>Its Veeky Forums, no one cares about grammar

Except that they do and it's been a long established thing to not write like an idiot.

Anything else?

How should I count my calories while doing IF?
Is it the same TDEE +-500 for bulking/cutting and TDEE for maintenance?

Fasting for the first time, did keto for a week and now I'm 24 hours in. I feel slightly hungry but it's completely manageable, is it going to get worse? I'm hoping to hold out until Thursday

>All you've done is try and talk shit and spread misinfo thanks for the help faggot.
Talk shit? Youre a fat woman and you cant complain about me talking shit when youe been calling me a retard for the past 5 posts. I also havent spread any dis info you non lifting loser.
>See
hence the name.
LMAO!
Thats you?
You look like shit. How long have you been a pregnant shitskin?

My poop smells like chemicals

Day 3 of current fast.
Oh god how do I make the cravings stop?
Can I at least go out and get some sips?

All IF is is skipping a meal. You can adjust your calorie count however you like.

Those are the ketones. Your breath should also smell slightly of acetone.

>Oh god how do I make the cravings stop?

Not the user but my burps smell like alcohol, I've heard that's normal but concerning.

any thoughts on doing nofap during a fast? i'm motivated by tfw no gf so i'm worried that nutting will demotivate me

>I've done IF before but it's meh for me. It's easier for me to just do a full on fast

Same here and I came to the same conclusion. IF is better than nothing, but it's still a compromise (usually fighting in between work / social time)

>post stupid images
At the end of the day this is just a Balinese Assassin Kite Flying Bulletin Board. Can't we all just get along?

>get some sips
Its better that you get them and dont eat rather than the other way around.

The problem is that brown pregnant woman is a hypocrite. She accuses me of needing to go back to b, all the while posting garbage images like a child and calling me a retard. Im telling you old man ignore that woman.

2 weeks into OMAW, just had my meal for this week a few hours ago

5-egg omelet with a bunch of meats, a bunch of veggies, and gravy - about 1800cal total

after a short walk to settle everything, my body is now in OMFGHOLYSHITTHISISTHEBESTTHINGEVER mode and I feel like I want to run up mt everest naked, literally can't sit still without fidgeting/moving something

is this normal?

also down ~20 lbs since starting, so that's nice

I fap as often as I did before starting, but fewer times per session, so overall the quantity is much lower.

There's nothing wrong with going nofap while fasting.

>is this normal?
Normal? Probably not.

Common? Yup. I've had the euphoria set in. I think when the ketones really start kicking in for the first time the brain goes a bit mental for a while.

Don't worry, you will calm down.

Might be a good idea to get some sleep aids in the medicine cabinet, since I've also had problems sleeping more than about 4 or 5 hours.

Not sure how common that is, but others have mentioned it.

>Youre a fat woman and you cant complain about me talking shit when youe been calling me a retard for the past 5 posts.

Yeah because you're talking shit and acting like a retard.

>LMAO! Thats you?You look like shit.

Yeah I look like shit that's why I'm losing weight. Don't be mad because you were a RETARD and didn't bulk correctly. Again, post your body fat ass. I guarantee I'm leaner than you even with love handles.

>How long have you been a pregnant shitskin
That'd be funny if I actually had a big gut. You should have made fun of the love handles

I triggered some fat ass by not specifying I meant clean bulk because he dirty bulked and got fat.

>acting like a retard
Like the pregnant woman im talking to who doesnt even lift weights?

>he dirty bulked and got fat
Which is why I don't think it is advisable to do that. By keeping bulk and cut separate you are able to keep focus on the task in hand (increasing strength / reducing fat)

...or am I being too simplistic in my viewpoint?

Takes discipline of course...

All i really know is that it feels to me much more potent and helpful. But fasted my baseline stimulation is up anyway, and also being able to consume something for energy with no food is a godsent, so it may be just in my head.

I been thinking about getting Lipodrene (ephedrine + DMAA)
How risky is that shit, specially in a fast?
If i take it, should i just do a normal diet instead?

>There's nothing wrong with going nofap while fasting.

I do lift lol I'm just taking a break until I reach my goal weight. Maybe your reading comprehension isn't so great. For the 3rd time you're talking all this shit and you haven't posted your body because you're too embarrassed by it. Also calling me a pregnant isn't really an insult because I don't look pregnant. Maybe you haven't seen a women irl but they usually have a big ol belly, not love handles. I'm sorry you fell for the dirty bulk meme like a retard, but don't hate because I'm losing weight. 25 more lbs and I'll be at my goal weight. How many 100s of lbs do you need to lose lol?

Yeah I don't think anyone with half a brain actually dirty bulks.

Why not a regular EC stack? I've been considering doing an EC stack with the fast. It would help with appetite suppression but I'm not sure how it is in an empty stomach.

I feel like my libido raises on a fast. It's probably just the boredom, though.

>How risky is that shit, specially in a fast?
I've been doing a limited EC stack on my multiday fasts (I really only need 1 Bronkaid cap and 1 caffeine cap to get me through the day) and I've been alright. You don't want to get dependent on it, but fasting isn't forever.

I unintentionally went nofap for a week on my fast, somehow I have no libido.

>I do lift lol I'm just taking a break until I reach my goal weight. Maybe your reading comprehension isn't so great
Youre weak like a woman. You dont really lift mister 25lb weights.
>lol
You say that to much, it makes you look really stupid.
Also kid i only have 60lbs to lose not 100s. And unlike you in 2 months when im lean ill still have nearly all the muscle ive built where as youll need abotu 2 years to even get close to me with your shitty paki genetics.

>It's probably just the boredom, though.
It's amazing how much time we spend doing stuff around food (shopping, preparing, cooking, eating, washing-up, putting away, emptying the trash).

My day is pretty much empty and the only thing in the trash can are dead tea bags.

>Also kid i only have 60lbs to lose not 100s. And unlike you in 2 months when im lean ill still have nearly all the muscle ive built where as youll need abotu 2 years to even get close to me with your shitty paki genetics.

Old man you dont want this fight. Im on your side and have been posting here longer than you. Not to mention im stronger than your osteoporosis riddled ass combined with that pregnant sand niggers.

>Youre weak like a woman. You dont really lift mister 25lb weights.
Yeah they came with the bar and bench I bought. I obviously use multiple 25 lb weights.

>Also kid i only have 60lbs to lose not 100s. And unlike you in 2 months when im lean ill still have nearly all the muscle ive built where as youll need abotu 2 years to even get close to me with your shitty paki genetics.

Lol that's why you're hiding your body. Probably look like Jabba. And I doubt it'd take me 2 years to turn into a bitter fat ass. Also I'm Palestinian, Puerto Rican and Italian not Pakistani. Close but no cigar. In 2 months I'll already be lean as fuck and surpassing your "gains". it's mostly fat. How can anyone take you seriously when you fell for the dirty bulk meme?

I just did a 40 hour fast, that was actually pretty easy. How come nothing happened, though?

>he actually thought fasting did anything
>he believed us

What did you expect? Fainting, losing 4 pounds, achieving Transcendence?

>Also I'm Palestinian, Puerto Rican and Italian not Pakistani
Are you proud of that?
Listen woman, all i know is ill see you in 2months.

Get a room you two.

Shes already pregnant.

You'll see my progress, yes. It's okay if you wanna think of me as a woman if that helps you nut faster. Still pretty gay tho.

I can't sleep and this is the best entertainment I have.

Bad things like dizziness, losing muscle, not having the strength to do cardio, constant hunger pangs
Good things like losing fat (weight number doesn't matter much)

Instead, it was as if I kept eating anyway. Potassium and tea with nothing else in it couldn't have interfered with the fast, right? Both of those things have 0 calories.

>tfw your TDEE is below 2000 calories, despite hours of cardio

Seriously though, well done bro.

You've set yourself on a path to do whatever you like with fasting, it is now a permanent weapon in your arsenal.

You're quite lucky really, for many of us (most?) the first 3 days were pretty grueling.

Question though? Are you in ketosis? If not then you've only knocked on the door, not walked into the house.

Get some keto sticks next time (about $8 from the internet or your local pharmacy) and then you will know for sure.

???