/fat/ tfw too smart to die at 30 of a heart attack

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

12 weeks for summer /fat/ties. Does your summer body is ready?

130kg fatass here
How do i know if im fucking my knees by jogging?

They start to hurt.

Is coffee with one teaspoon of sugar and a bit of milk really THAT bad?

Went for a run today. Day 1 of Couch to 5K. Completed the entire thing, but I was fucking dead afterwards. Even my shoulders are sore.

6'2 220lb. I'm more motivated than ever.

1 tsp sugar is 16 calories. Eating sugar makes you crave more sugar.
A bit of milk depends. What type? How much? Some people add a "splash" which could be 1 oz to 3 oz.

How do you manage to get so fucking fat?

just fucking put the fork down it is not so fucking hard, fatties

Weighed in today 0.1 pound away from overweight instead of obese. Really though I'd hit it today fellas. Tomorrow hopefully

I might be stupid, but when people say 5k, is there a implicit timelimit or minimal speed on it?
Because walking / jogging 5k isnt hard, even for a fucking fatass

just a splash, maybe a tablespoon of 3.5% fat milk

>mom and dad gets divorced when I'm 5
>dad insists on seeing me and my brother every week
>he feeds us a ton of junk food
>big brother is mature enough to avoid it, I feast on it
>at age 10 I'm already the fattest kid in class
>grow addicted to the stuff
>at age 15 I could eat two pizzas and drink 1.5L of coke in one sitting
>reach 100kg
>my genes bless me with a height of 186cm and a bulky viking figure, but still fat as fuck
>always known as the Hulk or Beast or whatever
>in reality I'm just really fucking fat
>sway between 100kg and 115kg
>now 24
>life has taken an unprecedented awesome turn in the last year due to my own willpower
>drop below 100kg for the first time in years
>finally motivated enough to chisel my body into the sculpture it deserves to be
>start working out
>it feels fucking awesome
>get more motivated
>upwards spiral

FUCK YOU DAD

At 244 down from 259.

Sprained my wrist though, which has been a massive pain for my workout.

Just take a shit my dude

Running 5k is fucking hard if you're out of shape. Best I've ever done was 3k in 16 minutes.

what the hell is k? kilometers?

>steakhouse
>someone else is paying
>order one beer
>water rest of the night
>free bread and butter
>eat none of it
>order a keto friendly salad (basically veggies and blue cheese and blue cheese dressing and bacon bits)
>oh shit time for the main course
>order filet, no crust or toppings
>sweet potato, no toppings
>eat just what I ordered
>no dessert
Have I beaten food, /fat/?

Oh, ok running.
I was in doubt about the expression itself.
Jogging / walking is much easier.
I am 2 weeks into my exercise route and walk 5km almost daily, but it takes 45-50 minutes
Sprinting is hard

why did you even go you idiot

>One beer
>Have i beaten food?
No. Drop that shit

Different user but related topic, what are the macros for steak? They seem to be all over the place.

>Just measured my body fat for the first time
>24% bf at 5'6 220lbs.
But my beer belly isn't going away, while i have a bit of muscle coming in. Any help anons?

>5'6 220lbs
it's not going to go away for another 60 pounds manlet

>narcissistic mother and sociopath dad
>every time they went shopping for food it was like 30% real food and 70% garbage
>half the time they couldn't be assed to fix dinner so they'd just pick up a cake or a dozen cupcakes for dinner
>wouldn't let me or siblings cook. mom literally smacked me when I tried to grill a chicken once
>that plus their abuse caused me to use food as a comfort
>literally biggest kid in entire middle school
>get bullied relentlessly
>eat more food for comfort

I went to college last year and made a friend who is super Veeky Forums. He had a serious talk with me about what being this size was doing to me. He helped me start exercising and taught me how to eat healthier. After that I was able to have a conversation with my brothers about it and convince them to get healthy. I think some fatties just have a bad relationship with food and need a serious wake up call.

>haven't eaten any candy months
>mom plays piano at parties and concerts
>she got gifted 1kg expensive chocolate box
>she gave it to me because she's trying to lose weight
>"but I'm trying to lose weight too"
>"do what you want with it then"
>ate entire thing in two days
>6k worth of calories

kys
throw it away or give it away dipshit
it's what your mom did to you

>ate the fucking thing
>didn't ritually burn it in your back yard

It's like you don't actually want to make it.

>"trying to lose weight"
>not "I AM losing weight"

former 260 lbs here. Here's a tip if you plan on losing ~100 pounds or more like me

Let your body readjust to your new size. I ould drop a quick 10 pounds, mostly without even exercising, and then float around that size for a week or two. I have no loose skin at 165 now

....no muscle either but that's a different story

>>ate entire thing in two days
k worth of calories

if you didnt eat anything else those days it is fine, but you probably did, you fucking fat fuck

You're a disgrace

I drink four a day now, 150 ml of milk on average. I also went from 200 lbs to 140 (and counting).

CI/CO. For me, coffee is a dealbreaker, but since even with it I eat

After eating on a 1500 calorie diet for about a month and a half, I'm actually amazed at how much other people eat and how much I used to eat. I can eat so much food at 1500, and I'm now baffled that this is considered irregular. Granted, there are days where I'm peckish and wish I was eating at 1800, but that's like once a week. This whole weight loss process has become really easy, I've developed the discipline to exercise every day and eat right. I'm losing 2.7lbs a week but honestly the hard part is just the damn wait. Even at this really optimal rate I won't hit my goal weight of 175 until like the first week of may.

>have roommate
>same height but they are at my goal weight, skinnyfat
>"i want to lose 15 lbs user"
>I've already lost 30 lbs, 30 more to go
>give them tips, say they can use my food scale to measure, count calories, check tdee, eat more fruit/veg, exercise
>"but I'm a picky eater user"
>refuses to eat any vegetables, fruit, chicken/protein, can't drink a pint of milk before expiring
>questionable eating schedule, never see them eat out of the fridge except eating frozen garlic bread
>never works out
>eats almost all meals out, orders dominoes 2x a week with fat bf
>"buying healthy food is too expensive user"

Sounds like you've changed your eating habits for the better. Don't worry so much about meeting a deadline for weight loss. as long as you are working as hard as possible, you will lose weight and you should be proud

keep up the good work, user. remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. when they keep bugging you about it just take them less seriously every time because they are clearly not serious about their weight problem.

I was planning on doing that, any advice or key foods to focus on? Im 6'0" and weigh 255lbs with 25% body fat. Ive lost 30lbs in the last couple months by dropping sugar and other shit, and in the last month about trippled what id been losing by working out regularly.

I can see a super chad within you user, keep it up

holy shit

i hate coke, crisps and chocolate

its the "snacks" that got me fat

You really can't be fat and smart, that's actually a pretty rare combo. Especially as people age since obesity wrecks havoc on the brain and cognitive abilities.

This is an anti-broscience thread please take your garbage elsewhere.

Ummm.. I'm at Google and most people here are pretty out of shape.

They won't stay sharp for long, don't even kid yourself.

The fuck on user? It's literally been proven that obesity and lack of exercise(over long period of time) leads to deceased mental cognition and more rapid decrease in age related mental decline.

Thanks man. I try not to worry about the "deadline" too much but it's hard when I'm starting to really feel the results and my ideal body is becoming closer and closer to reality.

I don't really have any specific recommendations as far as food goes apart from protein. I try to get protein in every meal, not just for the muscle building, but because it helps me stay full. Weight based work outs are magic, if you're just doing cardio, I'd strongly suggest adding some lifting. I only do 15/30 lb dumbbells, but I noticed a dramatic increase in my weight loss speed when I started doing those types of exercises. I was losing 2lbs a week with the diet and cardio, that extra .7 came when I started strength workouts. The main thing that has helped has been that I've counted calories so diligently, and I measure everything I make. I have days where I'll go like 50-100 over my calorie limit, but it's not a big deal since I'm already at such a major deficit and I'm exercising. 1600 is my hard line though, I've only gone over that twice on some special occasions. It honestly already sounds like you have the right attitude and ideas, so to that I just say keep it up!

have a snack. it's a cheat day.

Grow up and learn to drink black.
It's really not that bad.

Taking a week or two break from my diet to eat what I hope is maintenance levels.
Will this really reset my metabolism and make losing weight easier when I'm back to eating at a deficit?

Ignore the haters, I'm proud of you :)

Easy din dins for you big boys.
>serving of quinoa (ricecookers do it perfectly fluffy. Add in your seasonings to the water and mix it will make the quinoa x10 better. Then start cooking it.)
>scambled eggs (two eggs /w light creamer OR cottage cheese if you want)
>bacon cooked in oven to a crisp (two or three strips of uncured low sodium bacon, black label is a good brand)
>ground chicken or turkey (generally a serving is all that is needed but you might as well cook it all) I like my stuff on the spicy side so I cook it in a pot for about 10 minutes on high heat, it cooks incredibly quick, stir in chili powder, garlic salt, w/e frequently. Will turn greyish brown when done)
>diced bell peppers (I generally just buy pre-diced since they are so cheap in my area, red or green doesn't matter. KEEP on side till last if you want a crunchy freshness to your meal, add in last.

I start cooking my eggs when the meat is done, dice up the bacon and add it to eggs, add the ground meat, add in whatever other ingredients you like (garlic, oregano, scallions) I usually add scallions last when it's still hot on the pan to make them soft. I like my eggs a little chewy so I overcook them slightly till they start getting a darker yellow hue.

Mix it all in with the quinoa at this point also add the bell peppers for crunchiness.

Tastes great, looks good, depending on serving it should be in the 500-600 cal range. Incredibly filling.

If you have time in the morning to make this it will keep you satiated till dinner even with a physical job.

fat fucks

A snack would be a fifth of vodka and that's 1600 calories. It helped get me into ketosis but it's dangerous to keep drinking. Been eating about 500cals/day so I'm going lose weight quick without alcohol but I am willing to bet that's going to be a lot harder than giving up carbs.

wait what the fuck?? All cookies i've ever eaten all my life has been dry as fuck and rock hard, what is this? Also fuck you for making me crave whatever cookie that is.

I was intrigued until it looked like his hands were covered in shit at the end.

You've never made your own cookies? They're supposed to be soft.

Is this a wind up? I kinda hate biscuits and crackers and whatever because they just turn into sand dryer than the sahara desert as soon as it enters my mouth. I literally never come in contact with a cookie like webm related. what the hells that scoop thingy? I never tried making chocolate chip cookies myself, but shit that does look like some good shit.

maybe this is the wrong thread to be posting this though.

They're basically just making the dough from "scratch". You can buy premade dough and it will be basically the same.

If they come out hard, that means you're overcooking them.

>he doesn't over cook his cookies so he has to throw hen away

not sure what you meant by this.

Used to be 348 lbs and started doing diet & cardio. Now i'm 240lbs but i realized i got Knot knees.

Any routines that are easy to follow? Please be explicit, i'm a brainlet

nigga cookies are the opposite of healthy. he's saying fuck them up so you can't eat them and just throw them away as punishment for your gluttonous ways

>my family just tried to shame me because I did not want to eat an entire pizza that would make me go severely over the calorie counter

Thanks mum, you were the first person that said "Come on, just one (of snack, pizza, dessert) doesn't make you anything"

Yeah, one once in a lifetime, but not every single day, fuck it

Confess goys

>Knot knees
What does this mean?
>Any routines that are easy to follow?
strictly cardio, or lifting, or what?

>had to google images that and stand up to make sure i didn't have this too.

fuckin hell do you fags have to make me think i have every fucking disease ever?

If you wear tight jeans and your knees look abducted like a knot then you fucked up.

That's why i am asking, my excessive weight literally made my knees bend over. Now that i lose weight its still not fixing it and i feel like it was worthless.

>started at 410+ pounds, no way of knowing for certain because my scale didn't go that high
>373.0 as of this morning

feels good, man

I think my family is playing some mind games: they praise my willpower to other relatives, saying "he is on a diet", but in our private they are tempting me with food

Either be with me or against me, but openly

244? The fuck? I'm 300 and look thinner then you, stop lying.

I refuse to go home in weekends because my family can't comprehend what is a diet.

Most of my calories are vodka. Today is the day though.

Is that a mists of panderia log in?

Damn grats but how'd it ever get that bad. I felt embarrassed of myself at 260. Hope your tall

i'm 6'7 with huge shoulders, I carry 400 really well, most people estimate my weight to be 325ish

as for how I got that heavy? good question. isolation combined with mental illness and food addiction is a deadly cocktail, but I'm doing a lot better

I'm starting to think that keto is a big meme. I'm only on a second day, but living without carbs fucking sucks already. I failed all my lifts and almost fucking died doing cardio cause lack of energy.

Sounds like you could be a chadzilla when you make it man.

Ate 2 ticholos that were gifted to me hours later my OMAD.
They were horrid. I think because I lost all enjoyment from consuming food.

i don't want to be a chadzilla lol but my goal is to be thin enough to be able to snowboard with my family again this christmas, that would require me to be ~270 pounds I think. So I have another 100 to lose this year. I think it's definitely possible.

You shouldn't exercise for a week or two and probably longer if your fatter.

>you're
And if you lift or run you will get horrible cramps, like can't walk or move your arms. If your potassium gets too low you can have heart complications.

keto is a meme. if you eat an appropriate amount of calories you will lose weight without getting on a fad diet.

No.

So close man. Down to 195 pounds, goal is 165 by May 30th.

That's just over 2 pounds a week. I can tots do that

Hm, maybe I should readjust that goal to 175

Remember to take the measurement at the navel and not your pants size.

>10%bf at 195lbs
Not a fucking chance. I'm 178lbs at 6ft and just under 20%.

Keto is not for the weak u pleb

relaxed, flexing, sucking in?

Wtf, these classifications are absolute garbage. There's no way my body fat was "acceptable" at 218 pounds. I was legit a couple pounds away from full gyno.

Relaxed and don't dig into your fat with the measuring tape.

Acceptable means you can barely get into the Navy. It's not Veeky Forums.

Just because you're a fat fuck doesn't mean others are

Ahhh that makes more sense. I'm an idiot

No, he's actually right. If I had 10% body fat at my weight I wouldn't look too bad

This is a thread called /fat/ you utter spastic.

link to calculator??

It's the one in the OP

I ate a couple of sweets on Friday,

one question, will going over fat/carbs but staying below daily calories affect weight loss?

he never said his height u retard...

im not fat im just here to give advice btw