Too afraid to bench

>too afraid to bench
>too afraid to squat
>too afraid to deadlift
JUST fuck my shit up. I go to the gym every 2nd day but I just use the free weights because I fear that someone might laugh about me when I go to the free weight area.

>I just use the machines

Where do you live dyslexic OP?

Europe, why?

So you can find someone to go with you if you're too much of a little bitch to do it alone

See if your gym has trainers
If they do there’s a good chance you got some free training sessions with your signup
Just use those and don’t buy anything

Insecurities like this are a product of narcissism. You must really think you're something to think strangers care about you and what youre doing.

I do have access to trainers all the time, actually.
My town has 20k people in it, highly doubtful that I will meet anyone from here. The next big city is like 100km away.

Well use the trainers

>S-Sir, can you help me squat and deadlift?
>You twig wanna do that? Na, bro!

just go to the fucking rack and do it.

if you're afraid of injury, start with the bar and gradually work your way up. read as much as possible. ask for form checks.

if you're afraid of ridicule, understand that the shame of being fat and weak is far greater than the shame of lifting low weights or lifting wrong.

A trainer at the gym once made me do squats without any weight and I could barely do 20 weithout almost dying. I do wanna get BIG, though. I should really just do one more week of machines only and then go really late sometime and ask the trainer to show me how to bench and 2 weeks later how to squat and then to deadlift.

you weren't too afraid to make this shitty stupid fucking post so maybe tap into that instinct and take it to the gym with you, you fucking stupid faggot

>20k people
>wont meet anyone
Stop making excuses faggot, I live in a town with 10k people and the gym fills up after 8am

>dumb shit I'm making up because I'm a lazy fat fuck
It's their fucking job to help you dumbass

>I want gains and I'm weak as fuck, better put this off another week
I bet you'll say the same shit following week until you just give up.

If you're this fucking autistic then go get SS or some other starting routine and start watching YouTube videos. The key is for you to stop making excuses and actually going and using the fucking barbell. The only person that really cares if you're weak as fuck is you, I'm willing to bet just about everyone in your europoor town started that way. Hell, most of the autists on this board started weak that way.

I've never even seen anyone squat or deadlift in that gym except that female trainer.

Well looks like you'll get to learn and talk to a woman

>waah I’m a pussy
Don’t... be a pussy

>I'm X, how do I fix this?
>Easy, bro. Just stop being X.
Wow. This changes everything.

t. pussy

Next up, the sky is blue.

Ok you’re right I’m sorry.
Have you heard of jocko willink? He talks on YouTube somewhere (maybe JRE) about how his daughter used to be scared of performing as a singer, so he used the concept of progressive overload: he made her sing in front of his wife. Then him and his wife. Then + a friend. Then + a few friends. Then a party. Now she has no performance anxiety. Maybe you need to find a route to this.
>how?
That’s your problem. I’ve given you the principle, now be smart enough to apply it

Not op, but I got laughed at for benching 30kg when i was first starting out

I'm a newfag at the gym, starting with the bar for my BP and squat. Do you think people laugh at me?

Not him. Assuming you’re male, maybe. But if I saw a skinny guy in the gym squatting and struggling with the bar I’d be happy for him. I might even critique his form, offer him advice. But you know what? It doesn’t matter either way, because the people who think you’re shit and will laugh will only be proved right if you don’t get over it and do it anyway. Keep at it and one day you’ll be squatting 2pl8. Then one day it’ll be 3pl8. And you’ll either laugh at or help the scrawny kid squatting the bar

Just put 10kg on it.

This, I couldnt ohp an empty bar and could maybe squat 95lbs when I started. I've been pinned on the bench with 1pl8. You've got to get over it and keep at it

How much do you do now?

then why does Veeky Forums have daily "that person at your gym" threads?

Just go, man. You look like a fool for like 2 days maximum, nobody will remember or care about your bad form or whatever that you had when you start to look fucking ripped. I had just your problem as I have severe social anxiety, so that I couldn't even set foot in the gym, let alone work out, and when I lifted for the first time I looked like a retard, but I kept going. The thing is, the only way to work through anxiety is to slowly expose yourself to areas outside your comfort zone. You can do it user

Been lifting since August, I could maybe ohp 115lbs if I'm lucky and I can squat 225lbs just fine for reps. I wish I had better gains desu

It ain't where you start its where you end up

>narcissism
I always wanted to be more narcisstic. Could it be that I’m already it? I thought it would feel better. I thought I’d be more confident.

>be me an emaciated faggot
>in college went to gym for first time with roommate
>i was pathetically weak in front of all the hot girls and chads
>he laughed at me to people on my floor afterwards about how weak i was
>never stepped in a gym again

>work has some hydraulic exercise equipment
>sit at the bench press machine, have never done bench press
>can only do reps of 50 lbs
>such bad DOMS from this pathetic weight that arms hurt for 3 days afterwards at the pectoral insertion on my humerus

just end me

My squat was 155 now it’s 245 if that helps

Anything worth doing well its worth doing badly.
>also your friends were probably just fucking with you, don't take what they said or did so seriously

Thanks, this motivated me to not care about what people say. Otherwise I might end up like you.

hopefully insulting people makes you feel good about yourself

This is actually very good advice user. It's generally called exposure by theraposts, and it is jeavily used to solve problem involving social anxiety.

Thanks, now I know what it’s called haha

>afraid someone will laugh at me

Narcissism, no one gives a shit about you in the gym. People will see you but they don't pay attention

I love this meme. People will notice and laugh at you but that shouldn’t stop you.

This. If them laughing at you stops you from going, you only prove them right

>caring about what people think

>proves them right
It’s more that you shouldn’t be affected by them.
30kg got you giggles? Are you in a gym with lots of roidfags?

Who gives a fuck about what other people think goy. Just go for it, you'll get stronger as time goes on and eventually you'll be decently strong. We all started somewhere

Rin a cute!

Same here. I do bench, but I´m too afraid to deadlift and squat. Specially deadlift, I don´t want to look fun.

yes, all the people telling you no one is judging you are lying cowards. of course people are watching and judging you. everyone watched everyone at the gym. just get over it

>Im fine doing the only lift I can get pinned under but not the easiest ones to bail out of if something goes wrong
Good job faggot

go over there faggot and stop making up interactions in your head. Judging by your post, I can guarantee that you're completely socially retarded and your ideas of social interaction you imagine do not match reality at all. Nobody gives enough of a shit about you to think about you for more than a second, and nobody is going to laugh or talk to you unless you're doing some retarded meme exercise that involves 3 benches, 1 of every weight dumbel, and 2 weightlifting belt.

Stop being a faggot OP

B-but people will look at my butt!

Shit you're right

It's not like we can help being narcissistic. I've struggled against it my entire life but I just can't get over it. They call personality disorders incurable for a reason. It's your core personality, you can't change it.

If you're too afraid of embarassment from being a weakling, just build up a base with daily pushups planks and jump squats at home first, then when you start you'll at least be able to 1 pl8 shit for reps.