Powerlifting General: Ooh Look a Penny Edition

Powerlifting General: Ooh Look a Penny Edition

WAWTT?
WAWLTT?
WAWET?
WAWFT?

Idiot's guide to squatting, bracing & rooting (applicable to all lifts not just squat);
>kabuki.ms/content/fundamentals-squatting

5 pillars of benching pt 1 (watch all 5);
>youtu.be/u-H61Lf5Xb0

How to Deadlift Properly;
>youtu.be/fc4_hq7tjkU

How to cheat at deadlifting
>youtu.be/IePuEo9qwLE

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/anzujaamu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Powerlifting is totes heterosexual

I unironically find this webm fascinating. Checks dem scapula movements.

Powerlifting is gay

when did you realize powerlifting is a fucking joke and a meme sport, i liked it when i was 18-20 but now seriously it look lame as shit, unless you are eddie hall or the guy who benched 335 kg, competing at powerlifting is nothing but a big LOL

Thank Mr skeltal

Reposting from last thread:
>I've fixed enough 'SS squats' to know that I'm not, but I'm done butting my head against a wall here.
My point is that people need to take personal accountability for their fitness.

Stop blaming external forces. Everyone loves to blame SS, 531, and other largely successful programs and books because they have misinterpreted them. 9 times out of 10, you reread the literature and see that Mark or Jim got it right the first time.

Quit making excuses for people. Help them help themselves. Don't give them excuses like "it's the hip drive meme that made you stupid and weak lmao lemme fix u"

how is that thing even alive.

>doesn't cost much money
>unlike other sports, requires very little time investment relative to non-competitive training
Lmao yeah what fools people are to compete in this sport. All that effort and time wasted. Right.

u wish ffaggot

powerlifting at a low level is a joke

squatting +300kg is insane tho

reminder to just go to the gym and do your own programming

stop listening to the meme of the month

don't compare yourself to others just your past self

this is only a hobby

What muscle is this?

>i can't show off what i have achieve
Isn't it better to bodybuild then?

Dip (a proper, below parallel full ROM) is much easier than proper safe bench press.

Like strap belt and go.
mean while bench press setup takes 30sec.

Is my template non-bad? Any modifications you'd make? I'm at 300 wilks (170/100/180 @83) If that's relevant. I've not included acc work like abs, arms, lats which I will scatter throughout the week. I liked the idea from that RTS video of creating a microcycle and repeating that. I know there's more to it than that but I'm hoping at my level of advancement the smaller details won't matter very much.

That's a back muscle that is.

I saw the vid of the podcast it literally doesn't address anything, all it came to was "oh some people did this wrong" I dunno why people keep using that podcast I was expecting it to actually address any issues in the book.

stop coping

we do bench because theres a comp for it. yes dips take less setup the safety is arguable

i got pretty decent at dips +60kg for reps at 90kg bw but realised it was stunting my bench and i only care about competing

The RTS microcycle is funny because that's how bodybuilders have trained for ages.

>going above 5 reps on a comp lift EVER
when fatigue hits you youre gonna ingrain bad movement patterns, stay away from failure and practice setup a lot on comp movements

>benches same variation twice
>same issue for squat
turn one comp squat session into highbar/front whatever and turn one comp bench session into whatever youre weak at

few sports cost money if you think about it, and if you live in the US you have it easy

i know, if we are talking about HEAVY ASS SHITS without belts then i give it thumps up, now competitions with lifts on the 300 lbs range are a fucking joke

you can show off but don`t lift to show off

Rhomboids iirc

>Reposting from last thread:
> →
>>I've fixed enough 'SS squats' to know that I'm not, but I'm done butting my head against a wall here.
>My point is that people need to take personal accountability for their fitness.

That's fine. But you can't expect a beginner to be able to assess the quality of information they're receiving when they currently lack the capacity to do so.

>Stop blaming external forces. Everyone loves to blame SS, 531, and other largely successful programs and books because they have misinterpreted them. 9 times out of 10, you reread the literature and see that Mark or Jim got it right the first time.
There's probably a lot of truth to that. Doesn't address how bad some of Rips actual cues are though. Elbows high and hip drive leads to chest cave for most. Including the guy they film him having hands on.

>Quit making excuses for people. Help them help themselves. Don't give them excuses like "it's the hip drive meme that made you stupid and weak lmao lemme fix u"

The best way to help people is to keep them away from bad advice. And nipples to the floor hip draaaahve is bad for most

in terms of simplicity PL is just like running, sprinting etc

running 40 miles is no joke
sprinting 100m within 10sec is no joke
Totalling 800kg is no joke
Etc

But even to these natural movemebts yhe same thing applies; anyone can do these basic concepts but not everyone can become good at it

elite sprinters and runners make money, at least elite sprinters do

also you cant compare a sub 10 second sprint in the olympics with a heavy ass lift

the sprint is way more exciting

>WAWTT
Legs and core
>WAWLTT
Pic related, as well as a mixture of other genres and decades of music
>WAWET
6 eggs, a pack of turkey bacon, oatmeal, and a Bang, champagne flavored.

Today’s the day I get my squat to 450. I can feel it.

>The best way to help people is to keep them away from bad advice. And nipples to the floor hip draaaahve is bad for most
The best way to help people is to teach them to help themselves.

Commie.

>these skeleton titties

Realizing the only thing I ever got out of WL shoes is tendinitis lads

I read/ran SS and definitely the way he describes hip drav leads you to believe you just need to shoot your ass up to get through a sticking point. He says something like imagine a crane pulling up your hips, it's stupid.

Friday looks like it could be pretty fucking tough. After that squat sesh I know I'd be pretty lazy on the deads

Not gonna watch a whole-ass video, is he basically saying to repeat a training week back to back and progress by feel/double progression?

Yes.

0. No periodization/weeks long plan a prior except for Singles Method.
1. You repeat one cycle of your split.
2. Repeat it until it stops working.
3. Change what doesn't work.
4. Peak.
5. Pivot week where you do different shit (1/3 of the length of the entire cycle you just ran)
6. Repeat 1-5

It's very intuitive, I realized I had done it on my own.

Awesome, what are your stats?

how much will one day of bad eating (-400 kcal) fuck me up? I just couldn't bring myself to eat today because of a cold/stomach issues

Very little.

jesus christ i needed that reassurance
at least i ate my fill of protein

One instance can't make a trend or statistics, it is statistcally insignificant 100%

Spent all day being MC at Oxford v Cambridge varsity

Now I have no voice :(

>except for Singles Method.

What is this?

thats a man

Singles @8 as the marker for progress. Once they stop progressing it's time to make a change.
It's worth watching the video or listening to the podcast for the full gist of the emerging strategies concept tho

And yet the forearms are perfectly normal. Why?

farmer walks

If I wanted your attention, I'd tuck my dick between my legs, wear your mom's panties, cover myself in maple syrup, and I'd make you call me daddy.

Redpill me on stretching and other mobility work, does it help even if you already can perform the lifts (more or less) correctly?

Thank you mr.skeletal

Well, it was a decent thread while it lasted.

rhomboid

>friends invited me to the gym
>they don't know I've religiously shitposted in an enlite powerlifting general for the mentally handicapped and sexually confused for over 4 years
Haha can't wait to see the look on their faces

Sounds gay

I like that webm. Was it from an actual competition? She didn't seem very lean in her midsection and legs.

If you can do the lifts, then you don't have to stretch. I think it helps recovery though. I like to do weighted stretches to clear out a pump and get some blood flow.

You are my favourite person here. You're the only person I find genuine.

To be fair he didn't do anything that elicited such trigger tier response at least in this thread.

Thanks Dino

That has to be it, but in drawings it starts a lot higher.

If you've lifted for 4 years I hope to God you look like you lift to normies

He "looks like he lifts" doesn't equate to he squats 550lbs and masturbates to traps to Normie's

Normies don't even know if that's impressive I was watching cpt kirk 1000lbs x2 colleague walks by and says oh that's nothing it's just 500 on each side. Didn't know what to say.
Also traps are gay.

i never open your thread but what do pics like that mean
is it some secret meme you guys have

tbph I spent a couple of years memeing on Veeky Forums before finally joining a gym.
This boards used to have the hottest memes in town.

Its not the rhomboids you fucking incels. It's the lower trapezius

right
top right
left

Then why does it disappear at the shoulder blade.

Except in westsides case, raw and natty lifters thinking it will work for them.

>Except in westsides
Go train in the strongest gym in the world, surrounded by some of the strongest men in the world.

Natty or not, you're going to try harder.

Environment and mentality matters.

wouldn't mind if she sat on my face, forcing my nose directly against her shit hole, and blasted some absolutely massive farts

thats fucked

what the fuck is the deal with these pictures

what is even trying to be implied

I dont fucking get it

youre gay panzer.

projection

You're literally an obese manlet, Arthur.

>what is even trying to be implied

>I dont fucking get it
Heterosexual men like looking at pictures of attractive women, and food is nice too.

You might be queer.

Kek im male and have wider hips than her

Its another occurance of mk ultra

>go to gym with friends
>they're all visibly uncomfortable I lift so much
>strongest friend benched 70kg
Help this is so awkward

because thats what the lower traps fucking do? they attach from thoracic vertebra to the inferior angle of the scapula. Middle trapezius follow the same line and attach to the medial border, but aren't being shown because they arent contracting.

when you raise your arms over your head the lower trapezius acts synergistically with the upper traps, and serratus anterior to upwardly rotate the scapula. The rhomboids are literally doing nothing in this picture

look at those fucking milk duds, got damn

Same happened to me with my roommate. Even worse because he's been lifting for 3+ years longer and I Bench/loft twice his numbers. Just had to accept he's not going to be my lifting friendo any time soon.

when did you switch from a beginner to intermediate program?

Lend them a hand.

>>strongest friend benched 70kg

>google it to check my burger calculations

holy shit man get new friends

>Dat hamstring side angle

Why is this my fetish?

Holy shit, it's Yotsuyu

who are some good pl instagrams to follow? no meme shit pls

instagram.com/anzujaamu

what are her lifts???

I tested my max squat, bench, and deadlift this weekend and am pretty rekt. Gonna take a week and just dick around in the gym, what are some fun workouts I can do?

Chicken is some good shit fa.m