Okay Veeky Forums, here's the problem

Okay Veeky Forums, here's the problem...

I just enlisted in the Marines and I leave in October, I want to be able to do 25 pull-ups, 200 pushups, 300 situps, and an 18 minute 3 mile run.

What is the best workout plan I can do to achieve this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC9OlAdABnpLeCc8_QjeB8NQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

for starters run at a fast paste for 18 minutes every day.

Do Not Jog. Jogging will only make you better at jogging.

Look at Stew Smith's programs, specifically his pull-up progression.
This guy makes good videos too:
youtube.com/channel/UC9OlAdABnpLeCc8_QjeB8NQ

Also don't step on an IED ya goof

do 25 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 sit ups, and 18 min 3 mile run every week.

I was close to a perfect PFT durring bootcamp... Noone cares, PFT won't count for promotion for another year or so. Either go for base records or just spend your energy surviving bootcamp.

I'm trying to get Honor grad though

I know a guy irl who was honor grad, motherfucker could run a murph in under an hour in cowboy boots, I shit you not.

Good lord

what??? do people actually believe this? lmao

Op here, what about nutrition wise? What's the best type of nutrition I can get before MRE's

Look up the marsoc training guide. Your goals are slightly insane but obtainable.
Some key points
>Running every day won't make you run faster, only farther. If you want to run faster do max effort sprints several times a week, mixed with some long distance runs at moderate speed.
>If you want to kill crunches, train them 5 days a week. Do as many as you can in 2 minutes, then continue after the timer until you reach your goal number. I went from 80 crunches to 125 doing this.
>Pullups are a strength workout so don't do them every day. Pullups are dead hang but don't practice dead hang because it fucks up your elbows. Instead lower yourself to an almost- dead hang. If you can't do more pullups DON'T DROP, hang from the bar until your back muscles recover, your grip strength will last longer than your back. I saw a 200 pound guy get 28 pullups doing this. Do OVERHAND pullups, they're more efficient.
>For pushups, do a max set in the morning and at night. Practice form religiously strict, IE your nose should touch the ground every rep. Focus on your chest, it should feel like you're pushing the ground down.
>Training 7 days a week makes you feel like a badass but ultimately it just breaks you down for no good reason. Take rest days.
I'm a grunt, AMA

How close are you to these goals, OP?

You’re an absolute retard. Those goals are ridiculous unless you already have an extremely solid baseline.

What are your scores right now?

t. someone who routinely got a 300(max) PT score in the army

You'll rarely eat MRE's. You'll usually get hot meals. The chow halls serves all the cottage cheese you can eat, it's the best way to not lose a ton of weight. You'll understand what I mean later.

not OP but I ran xc in high school and was not anywhere close to an 18 min 5k

With scores like those why the fuck would you even join the muhreens?
That shit is elite BUD/S candidate-tier

Let him make his mistakes, if it is one. If he stays in that shape or improves, he can do some really amazing shit with the PMCs or the three-letters as a field agent. It's a possibility.

Starting doing all of those things every day. Increase how many/how fast you do them as you progress until you reach those levels.

Dude once you get to the fleet no one will ever give a shit about honor grad don't even worry about it

what the hell is the point of this shit
i can do a pullup with 2pl8 added but can't do more than 15 at a time
also is there a time limit on the crunches and push ups?

do recruiters allow you to sign contracts while not in shape? what MOS are you aiming for? good luck dude

The absolute state of the American military

God damn 50% of you are overweight and the other 30% just need to be discharged

I ran 3 miles in about 25 minutes when I wasn't trying, I can do about 100 situps, and only 13 pullups and 60 pushups

Four horseman
Literally created for your exact purpose

Would still win against your country sweetie

>what the hell is the point of this shit
logistically convenient to administer to lots of guys at once, plus hazing/indoctrination/developing cohesion

Dont do too much progress on the run at once. I went crazy and ran long and steep runs every night, and it fucked my run in the end. Went from 19 minutes to 21 in a matter of two months. Still got accepted to OCS, but I had to take december off, and while Im much better now, my knees still just arent like before, though I think they are getting better since Im running flatter runs now.

You have to be under a certain bmi and pass a physical exam. I know Navy you get your shit kicked home if you can't run a mile and a half in less than 16 minutes the first time they have you run. Better to be in shape.

plus a nonzero (although not maximal) correlation with actual combat performance, it's not complete rubbish

Stew Smith and Jeff Nichols are both great. They're the only reason I got halfway through BUD/S.

> t. POG-boot fuck

I signed up for combat engineer, so your pt score has to be higher then the basic score. So if the basic amount of pull ups you need it 10 then I would need to do 15

Both in 2 minutes

Greasing the grooves OP

Just keep doing pull ups and pushups throughout the day. Do the until before failure. The point is you don't want to to be fatigued. It's com platelet reasonable to be able to do this

My thoughts exactly

requesting confirmation on the running information. I only lack the running ability to join SOF next year and I'm looking for advice.

lol mind I ask what happen

>2.5 crunches per second

>I want to be able to do 25 pull-ups

Pull-ups are a back exercise and chin ups are arm exercise. Both should be part of you daily warm up routine.

Dan B. Is that you?

I'm sorry but you won't be able to do the 3 mile run 18 minutes this year. It's just impossible

>t. Runner. Took me a year and a bit to run 5k in 20 minutes

>plus a nonzero (although not maximal) correlation with actual combat performance, it's not complete rubbish
>high rep BWE
I need SAUCE on this! Not trying to start shit, I'm just interested in things like that.

t. hoplology pro

dan made it through twice teehee

Nibba chin ups hit your back hard what you talkin' 'bout

Have you been told about the shits, OP?

>Authoritarian right dickgirl
How do I become /fashyfuta/ mode?

Chin ups focus a lot more on the biceps than any other pull-up,if they hit your back that hard it's compensating for your underdeveloped arms.
Do you even lift?

kys x failure