/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General: WE WERE LOOKING FOR PENNIES Edition

WAWTT?
WAWLTT?
WAWET?
WAWFT?

Idiot's guide to squatting, bracing & rooting (applicable to all lifts not just squat);
>kabuki.ms/content/fundamentals-squatting

5 pillars of benching pt 1 (watch all 5);
>youtu.be/u-H61Lf5Xb0

How to Deadlift Properly;
>youtu.be/fc4_hq7tjkU

How to cheat at deadlifting
>youtu.be/IePuEo9qwLE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HX3H6Eyp2E0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for i hate going to work

MY PRINGUS ITCHES!

Let's talk about assistance movements. What are your favourites for S/B/D and why?

Same lad, same.

>Squat
Pin squats. Develop power by halting the movement and restarting from a dead stop, and reinforces position. If you don't hold your positioning they'll absolutely rape you with hips shooting up on the ascent so you have immediate feedback to correct it.

>Bench
T-shirt bench. Bench pausing on the fibres of the shirt but not the chest. Zero sinking. Kind of like a very close spoto press. Really good for teaching a lifter to keep tight on the chest and not lose position while pausing.

>Deadlift
Pause Deadlifts. Good if you lose position through the rep. The pause forces you to keep everything locked in tight. Like pin squats, if you do them wrong you'll immediately know about it.

Assistance work won't immediately fix your form without some kind of form adjustment intervention, but it can be really useful for making sure you learn that lesson quickly.

Tshirt press is goat

Hit 1/2/3/4 for 5 finally today. Got 100kg for 5 today. Also up to 3x5 squats @ 165kg

What is that

The best assistance "movement" for squats is squats. Paused squats are handy, but they're still squats. Anyone doing something other than squats for squats is an idiot.

Dips are probably the best for bench press, but if you aren't also doing standing press every now and again, you are a fool.

>Answering your own post
>Paused deadlifts

Look at this idiot practicing deadlift failure. Look at him and laugh.

>my ex whom I still love just asked me how I was doing

well there goes my eating and lifting for today and probably the next week

WHO GAVE GIRLS SO MUCH POWER OVER A PERSON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/blog

You did say you werent allright and you still loved her right?

Nowhere does it say anything about replacing a main movement with the assistance, so nice strawman.

What's your best deadlift at what bodyweight again? 270-280ish at 105?

he deadlifts less than he squats

less than his squat, because with a deadlift you actually have to lift the weight instead of just dropping into the hole and letting your enormous fat gut do the rest

>WHO GAVE GIRLS SO MUCH POWER OVER A PERSON

You did, lad.

Projection

>being so beta
sub 200 wilks confirmed

Why are you talking to your ex anyway? Time to move on, user. It's not healthy.

Lads, what's your absolute favorite grip exercise?
I've been fucking with pic related and it's pretty tough

>got hit by a slow moving car
>doesn't seem like anything's broken
>got a bruise on the side of my leg though, it hurts when i touch it
should i squat or not

>holding onto the rack is now a grip exercise
no wonder you faggots lift bitch weight

How about you just be less of a bitch

Easiest and most specific thing to do is just hold onto your last rep of each deadlift set for extra time.

Yes

My favorit assistance exercises for S/B/D are doing even more S/B/D, because they improve my S/B/D

>Let's talk about assistance movements. What are your favourites for S/B/D and why?

>Squat
Good Morning

>Bench
JM Press

>Deadlift
Deadlift

Raw squat

Raw bench

Raw deadlift

Best assistance imo

Sometimes in do paused and beltless version to give myself an excuse to "go light"

I use hookgrip so I do not need grip strength.

hookgrip still required grip strength, just less

Dont believe me? Do a 1 inch rackpull with +300kg and hookgrip and let me know if you can hold on

PUFF HISSSS SQUIIIIIISH

(A Norman khan log slowly and quietly squishes out into the toilet)

PUFFFF brrpft brpft

Splooosh

Hmm I don't even know if I disposed of Norman khan yesterday? I feel like if I didn't there should be loads of khan pouring out but that just isn't the case

Brpft brpft squuuuuiiiiish plop!

This Norman khan sorta smells like coffee today?

Weird

Also

Puffff puffhissssssss squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisshhhhhhhhhhhhjhhh plop

Okay so the logs of khan are slowly accumulating into the toilet, there seems to be a good flow getting disposed

Quality post, as always

I dun fucked up. workplace injury and I've got a grade 3 of the thumb, and developed a gangion cyst in the wrist after the fact. can't use my hand really for another 11 weeks at least. I can barely grip right now.

what work can I do to keep busy?

Raw lifters are generally weakest at the bottom of all 3 lifts, long pauses on squats and bench and deficits on deadlifts, with bands/chain to keep the difficulty high throughout the lift

opinion on paused deadlift 1inch off floor versus deficits

with that weakness ofc. I tried deficits a while back and i didnt get much out of it not sure if i made the deficit too big coz it was a big bumper plate or because i did low volume on it

When did you start, what were your lifts?

Are you weak off the floor or do you struggle with positioning?

Two different lifts for two different weaknesses

Id rather have someone do sumo for positioning than paused, you just seem to know where your pelvis is better after a few weeks of sumo, all i see with paused is people getting into an even worse position

different user, but yeah I can.

>dynamic effort
Should I still use banded box squat for raw lifting?

How long did it take you? Asking as someone not there yet.

about 2 months, started at 50kg bw

nice meme

Safety squat bar. Run smolov.

The box squat breaks the kinetic chain, this eliminates more of the stretch reflex at the bottom, weve had a couple of people train with us recently that have been bouncing off the box, once you fix it and get them to pause on the box they have to drop a plate because the muscular recruitment and difficulty level jumps up

Breaking the kinetic chain also reduces fatigue accumulation, allowing for more volume and easier to recover

The drastic reduction in weight on bar when you box squat properly means the majority of the lift is underworked, after you get through the hardest part which is coming off the box, then its too easy, the bands or chains cue you to keep trying to accelerate

LOOk at this doode shilling our meme exercises again

Don’t you have 1000 tricep pull downs to do or something
get out of here

So yes? Are you suppose to lean back and forward coming off the box?

it's not a meme although deadlifts took me longer than that I admit.

>shilling our meme exercises again
Something tells me that you have a meme total.

What do you mean?

haha, okay raffy.
Reminder that avatarfagging is against rules :)

Oh no, the little guy is going to cite me the rulebook for triggering him.

Let me post someone else stronger than you to make you feel better.

>stronger than you
lmao raffy projecting again

Am I? What is your deadlift? Is it cringe?

higher than yours raffy and you will never prove me wrong, because we all know you never gonna post your lifts lmao.

My deadlift best is 600 lbs beltless on a Texas deadlift bar. Pulled it a month ago. I have no reason to lie. But I will not post pictures here. Lmao.

Yeah we all know that you never post pics raffy.

Everytime, I love you Jim larper.

Raffy lied about being a tranny and molesting choldren, not his lifts.

>all i see with paused is people getting into an even worse position

tbf I was being coached when implementing them, and the majority of people who do them after I tell them too I'm coaching on a weekly basis so it's not something I won't have already corrected.
I think if the lifter has enough self awareness to know they're getting out of position and to then correct it it's a good option due to the immediate feedback.

Anyone have a link to the Bridge 2.0?

wait I don't get it - someone fill me in. is raffy the meme wendler poster? what the fuck is wrong with him?

oh course he is, hides behind pictures of different person, shills shitty routine and never posts his lifts. It's so obvious it's raffy I'm surprised no one noticed that before.

that dude didn't deny it so idk I guess you're right. good call

Very small percentage of lifters have any proprioception whatsoever

You are not supposed to rock on the box no

Can I get some input on this routine? I know it's not solely powerlifting, but strength gain is my #1 priority now, and I would like to know how this routine would work, as it's bastardised from powerlifting routines.

>oh course he is,
No.

>hides behind pictures of different person,
I'm not hiding. Putting personal information on Veeky Forums is risky. No thanks.

I just like Jim's philosophy. It is what most of this board needs, besides the strong trips.

>shills shitty routine
I recommend 531 to people who have no idea what they're doing. It eorks, and there are books to support the program. I also recommend other programs, as needed.

>and never posts his lifts.
550 - 365 - 600 at 210-217.

>It's so obvious it's raffy I'm surprised no one noticed that before.
Only an obsessed beta orbiter would wish for Raffy to come back that hard.

lmao, posting videos of your lifts is no personal info. Also I thought you were supposed to be a tough guy are you scared of bunch of twink lmoa. So obvious you're raffy you can't make this shit up.

50% of TM on OHP seems too low, even for 10 reps. If your 1RM is 80kg, TM is 72kg, and reps would be at just above 35kg. Which would be way too easy.

It looks like a late beginner program. I'm sure it would be fine for a while if you were consistent with it.

How do I stop one of my elbows from flaring more than the other during the bench? It's so bad that my right elbow touches the floor while the left doesn't during floor pressing.

Are you retarded. That's exactly how to rip off your full bicep.

Lower the weight, have somebody watch you, make sure your setup isn't crooked including your foot placement, work on upper back strength.

>rip off your full bicep.
If you're going to rip your bicep during a deadlift, it's going to happen during the pull, not during the static hold

If you had a gun with one bullet and where in a room with Jim larper, sean, and Isley who would you shoot?

>2016
>not using hook grip

How deep can you dip? I can do 1RM weighted dips with depth where my shoulder joint is almost at same level with my wrists and no pain whatsoever in my shoulders. Which is I guess, sorta weird since I have at 6'4 height 6'4 wingspan but my bench is absolute dog shit in comparison to my dip. Pressing is also freakishly easy compared to bench.

Fucking bench tilts my peanut brains.

I just did the 5x10 of OHP today as this was the first day. It wasn't so hard that I could only barely finish the sets, but I originally did 3x10 with Bench PRess at 60% of max, and then a little later did the OHP at 50%, which may be why it was more difficult than it should have been. I was doing 37.5kg which isn't far off what you said.

Myself

youtu.be/HX3H6Eyp2E0

Enjoy. Ok it's a trap bar, but still. Doesn't matter.

I have just started doing dips, and I can do them to just above parallel comfortably

So you cant tell the difference in your grip between trap bar and normal bar

The video shows a guy who is clearly on a shitload of steroids, and looking at his biceps I'm pretty sure he likes to lots of partial rep curls.

A torn bicep isn't going to happen on a static hold for most natural athletes, and for a vast majority of gear users at that

No dude, I am beyond retarded. All I am saying is that it is unnecessary risk. Just pull with straps and use cross grip at the meet, you will have enough adrenaline to handle it. Or just learn hook grip, there is no reason to risk this for extra grip strength

No one even mentioned mixed grip at any point in this discussion. You started out of nowhere saying that holding your deadlifts at the top would cause bicep tearing.

Both of you are dumb. Bicep tears happen when the elbow isn't straight.

G-guys is it gay if Laura Phelps gives me a half-chub?

Yeah.

Is it gayer than traps?

Traps aren't gay

>His default bench press isn't t shirt press
Shiggy diggy doo

>Pull with straps and use mixed grip at meet
>Don't build up any strength from using mixed grip prior so your bicep is at even more risk due to not training it in that way and the movement pattern will have a higher chance of being different because you're not used to it
Pic related

I like this brainlet mind if I save it?

Check Out Andrej Mostovenko. He only pulls with straps in his prep and pulls 350kg mixed grip in comp in the -84kg class. Tons of Russian PL also do this.

wtf I love traps now ?

Take it, it's all yours friend!

Iirc didn't Tom Martin tear his bicep doing exactly that?

>>Bench
>T-shirt bench. Bench pausing on the fibres of the shirt but not the chest.

Literally bodybuilding shit.

meme, this is why Westside only does box squats except for competition and is the most successful powerlifting gym in the universe.