Have stomach acid reflux issues

>have stomach acid reflux issues
>lifting compresses stomach and makes this worse
>can't get it under control

This shit is so fucking annoying. Have barely lifted in the last 6 months. My progress is melting away. On top of that i have to keep to a super strict diet, yet this shit is still not going away.
Andybody else experience this issue?

/cancer/-general i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3oeetGmVg_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you eating medication for it? otherwise get it under control ya doofus. health first, then you might get gains.

Suffering from reflux and irritated stomach lining as well, doesn't show up during lifting for me but it prevents me from eating big, fucking with my gains. Medication helps somewhat but it's not a miracle cure.

I have GERD. Most of the prescription medications I was ever prescribed for it made it worse. They're fucking poison (IMO).

Have you cut out ALL alcohol?
Have you cut out ALL caffeine?
Have you cut out ALL high-acid food and drinks?

>Have you cut out ALL caffeine?
Damn, I love coffee

yes, for been taking medication that reduces my stomach acid response.
Like i said i am on a super strict diet 99% of the time. Stopped drinking alcohol, stopped smoking which i never did much anyway, no soda, no coffee.
My mates manage to convince me to go drinking once a month or so. I get shitfaced, stomach worse for a day then gets back to normal level of shittyness.
Going stop doing that entirely until it's fixed.

Yeah me too. I refused to accept that it was a problem for years. Denial. If I drink it now I take some OTC acid reflux medication before I drink it. I usually end up regretting it anyway.

The reason I refused for so long to believe it was related is it seems to have a delayed effect. I drink it today, tomorrow my stomach hurts. Unlike tomato sauce that causes an immediate reaction.

Prilosec my nigga, helped me a lot

Are you taking any meds before you drink?
You're going to have to stop entirely until your flare up settles down. Then you either have to not do it at all or prepare for it. I stopped drinking red wine (which I love). I go for chardonnay or something now if I drink, and I take an acid reflux pill (omeprazole usually, OTC here) before I take the first sip. And I limit it to occasional and few. That has really helped.

I am currently taking 1 pill of something similar to omeprazole in the morning. If i go out drinking i take another one before.

Yeah i had it gone almost entirely. Started smoking weed and eating like a pig again and it came back. Really want to have this shit go away so i can finally lift again

>Started ... eating like a pig again and it came back
Oh so you're not on that strict diet after all?
>DING DING DING

>worried I have a stomach ulcer
>turns out it could be gastritis

Wew

Caffeine makes it worse? Even if its in a pill form? Can i not drink tea any more? Fuck.

For a few weeks. And by like a pig i mean like 99% of people. Occasional bag of chips. Eating pizza from time to time, drinking coffee etc.

Can't live the rest of my life eating dry vegetables with boiled potatoes and chicken

Pizza is fine for me if I get the white sauce. Tomato sauces are a no no. Coffee is a no-no. Tea is fine (for me). You don't have to eat boring food, you just have to eliminate or limit the bad ones. If you know you're going to drink, don't compound it by having a pizza with tomato sauce afterward.

Yeah it's very specific things for me as well. Sadly lifting is one of those things.
Doing cardio 4-5 times a week because i just need to do something and my leg gains have been pretty sweet at least

Had gastritis for 3 months here. It was due to H. Pylori infection. Had to take a month of antibiotics to get rid of it. Shit sucked but I lost 20 pounds from not being able to eat so it's all good.

Get checked for EOE.

Was at the hospital for a few days and had them shove a camera down my throat and take samples of the inflamed stomach linings.
Not bacterial and also not an auto immune reaction like in EOE. At least that's why they told me.

>not EOE
Lucky you. I have had EOE for 2 years. It sucks cock. Had a balloon in my esophagus twice, and it is extremely unpleasant.

So your only problem is acid reflux? Or do you actually have gastritis accompanying it?

Yeah that sounds like a whole nother deal. Gastritis is not that bad symptom wise, it's just a pain in the ass to get under control.

I have diagnosed gastritis. Bacterial infections are the cause of 80% of cases. Chronic gastritis is rarer and pretty difficult to find a single cause for it

youtu.be/3oeetGmVg_g