Is squatting 5-6 days a week a bad idea?

is squatting 5-6 days a week a bad idea?

Weightlifters squat 5 times a week, though with different intensities on each days.

Yeah you need to rest your muscles or they wont grow....your workouts would be pointless

>you need to rest your muscles
>rest
Low test detected

those programms were designed with steroids and genetics in mind

I can barely recover from 1 squat a week

Guy who runs/owns musclepharm did squat every day for a while.

I squat twice a week, any more than that and I won't recover

I squat 5 days a week. However I do different squat variations every day of the week. Mixing it up is gonna make your body respond better.

As long as you're not squatting full intensity more than twice you should be fine.

I squat heavy two-three times a week, going well so far.

i used to squat three times a week. It was fine

It's the total volume that matters, assuming you ease into it, and science indicates that you get slightly better gains from spreading the same volume across more days. It is also so much easier to overdo it if you do it 5-6 days a week.

Dyel detected

Pajeets squat several times a day.

Ha

I once did a workout program named "Squat every day" or something, did great progress

Dont go from squatting once a week to 5. Build up to it. Whether or not is is optimal is a better question. If you can make consistent gains squatting once a week, why would you change that? if you stop seeing progress, assuming your training is structured properly, adding a second day could help you continue to progress. If you are not concerned about what is optimal and just want to have fun, why not?

>Original research done by Soviet scientists

stopped right there

If you squat 2plates+ won't you need some restdays? I squat only 200lbs/90kg and doing 3x5 is pretty exhausting. I don't think I could handle squatting more than 2 times a week.

Not sure why, commbloc nations have been been dominant in strength sports since forever, they're doing something worth paying attention to.

>imb4 roids
Literally everyone at the top is on gear, that's not a competitive advantage for Russia or anyone else

I squat every day, if I feel really weak or tired I might do pause or front squats. How the fuck can people find squatting twice a week or whatever to be too much

Oh and I squat 200 kgs high bar. High frequence might not work as well with low bar squats considering elbow pain etc

Don't really care what meme I supposedly fell for or not by reading the sticky, have been squatting every workout since I first started squatting in November. Should get to 275 5x5 this week then deload and see where it goes after. Idk if these results are typical but I'm having no Ill effects thus far.

They’re so dominant, they endurance train 8 days per week

dyewl?

Weak bait

If you have to ask, yes, it is.

You're either full of shit, or the most extreme geneticlets on the face of the planet.

That chart is largely wrong.

>That chart is largely wrong.
It's generally helpful providing evidence for claims. A lot of that is logical though, especially correlative with MPS cycling (lower weight and consistency for hypertrophy).