/r9k/ fitness

Hey guys I am from r9k and slightly over a month ago I started lifting. I was a 6'1 145 pound male, and did track and cross country in highschool. Now I have hit my new highest weight at about 160. I increased my 10 rep bench from 65 to 95, 10 rep shoulder press from 40 to 80, and can now do tricep dips for the first time in my life. But I also feel like I am starting to look skinny fat. I was hoping to hit the weight of 170 but I am starting to get really self conscious that I am just looking fat.

Im just trying to look tone and fit for women, but still skinny. Left is me normally (might be bigger than usual? I eat a lot more now) then right is me flexing my core.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WX-bE70F4Kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BUMP, I NEED TO KNOW IF I AM MEMEING MYSELF AND JUST RUINING MY BODY IMAGE, PLEASE HELP.

Having a bit of a gut is just something that happens in the beginning if you're eating at a calorie surplus. Just keep lifting heavy and the results will show themselves.

Hey buddy, great job, stick with this habit. It's a good one. Read the sticky, it's accurate. Otherwise, most of Veeky Forums is bullshit. It's a fun place to lurk and shit post between sets though.

>I’m just trying to look tone and fit for women
Let me guess. You don’t want to get “TOO BIG™“, right? You don’t want to accidentally become a fucking steroid abused thunder dome, breaking apart sidewalks with each “clomp” of your massive calves?
Don’t fucking worry, sport, you won’t. Just keep lifting until you’re at your desired body, and only lift once a week afterwards to maintain it. Adjust routine as necessary. Now fuck off and read the sticky. A thread died for this one to exist. Let’s not let that happen again.

>for women

You'll never make it. Furthermore reason why you are on r9k is because you're a losers with no friends no social life, no job, and you cant socialize with people.

If you want to make it, disassociate yourself from r9k. Forever. That place is poison for your mind, srs. After you do that it's smooth sailing from there. Just keep lifting, you'll eventually look good. That just how it works.

>A thread died
probably some thicc boogie memeshit

Those weights you're lifting better be in kg

>be skinny
>expect someone to lift huge right away

yes because bench pressing 210 pounds after a month is always what happens

He started a month ago retard

OP here, hey thanks man I will remember that. I guess that makes sense...

Who needs /r9k/ when you have the friendly autists here at Veeky Forums? Leave the perma-incels behind and join us on the path of truly making-it.

Wtf?

Thinking about incorporating this into my routine. How many sets x reps should I do?

>for women
Not a robot.

>Jason Blaha did these with more than 500lbs

Leave r9k. r9k cynicism is one of the things killing fit. Stop making excuses in your life and instead look at what you can improve and keep a positive attitude. If you do this I guarantee you'll make it. But again no whining

I used to be a regular r9k browser and yeah like everyone says never go on it again, that shit is just a condensed form of wallowing in self pitty

youtube.com/watch?v=WX-bE70F4Kg

three steps to making it:

1. leave /r9k/ behind
2. leave Veeky Forums behind
3. leave humanity behind

Err I think personality matters most.