Canned Tuna?

What's your opinion on canned tuna Veeky Forums? I noticed that one of these small cans has 28g of protein, and otherwise seems fairly healthy, save for sodium and various fats.

Other urls found in this thread:

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-53
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your mecury poisoning cunt

I will, and it'll be glorious as I die having just stuffed myself with hundreds of pounds of fish at once.

If you eat tuna every day the mercury poison meme becomes a possibility, i do a can of smoked oysters a day instead

Tuna in oil + rice = quick dinner with good macros

PS: Sardines are underrated as fark

Is farmed salmon full of mercury too? I eat Chilean farmed salmon.

This. I used to eat a large can everyday but stopped eating that much because of the mercury thing, I'm a programmer and becoming a brainlet would kill my career.

Eat sardines and don't worry about Mercury.

Why is tuna FDA approved if it can cause significant brain damage?

I thought oysters were heavy metal accumulators. Turns out they accumulate very low levels of mercury compared to tuna (

Alternately you can try sardines for similar reasons. I think they're gross though.

Nah bro, Salmons are fine. Only large ocean fish get heavy mercury build up. So like avoid sharks, tuna/albacore, swordfish, grouper, tilefish, king mackerel, marlin, etc. But river fish like salmon, trout, bass, etc. are good.

>Is farmed salmon full of mercury too? I eat Chilean farmed salmon

Farmed salmon is far less likely to be full of mercury. Tuna end up full of mercury because they are at the top of the natural food chain. All the mercury in the lower trophic levels works its way up the food chain. Some tuna are quite long lived too and therefore have a long time to accumulate metals.

Farmed salmon on the other hand is short lived and fed from food that is probably mostly from lower trophic levels.

Oh also bottom feeders get almost no mercury, so catfish, clams, oysters, etc. are your best choice.

Farmed Salmon have their own problems though, like PCB contamination.

because most people don't eat fitizen retard levels of tuna every week, that's why

Canned tuna vs canned sardines?

For the canned tuna they tend to use the small, young ones. These don't have much mercury as they are not old enough to accumulate plenty of it.

>Sardines 3oz
177 calories
21g protein
>Tuna 3oz
157 calories
25g protein

It's pretty vital to alternate fish types if you plan on eating fish often due to unique trace metals. Absolutely nothing wrong with eating canned tuna 4x a week, spaced out, assuming you are a healthy average sized male.

Could also replace the tuna with something like cottage cheese? Personally prefer the taste to most fish and 300g is about 200cal and 25g protein.

>could replace an extremely lean protein with the most desirable unsaturated fats for a almost entirely casein protein accompanied by a handful of saturated fats
they aren't even comparable, they are two completely different foods used for different protein timings.

i would eat tuna with pasta and cheese everyday if i could

I meant as an occasional replacement not a permanent one.

Also protein timing does fuck all to improve gains.

jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-53

Recipe please.

just roast a can of tuna with a little bit of onions on some oil, mix it with pasta of your choice, serve with some cheese on top and ketchup so its not dry

>2018
>still thinking protein timing is a thing

post work out protein timing is not the same thing as a dietary protein timing

first off, the context involved obviously makes the intended phrase to mean "when you eat a protein", which applies readily since high casein content is (in the bodybuilding world) nearly always synonymous with pre-sleep

second of all, the term "protein timing" when in regards to nutrition is more likely to be in regards to getting your 30g of protein every 2-3 hours, as opposed to the strict "post workout protein" that you so readily brought up, despite it never being alluded to

Baked potato + Butter + Tuna + Cheese = Comfort food.

I eat 2-3 cans a day, dont fret about the mercury poison shit user, you'd have to eat an insane amount to get ill from it.

Did you just not understand all the big words in that study?

Have you read the sticky?

I'll sum it up, they took more than 500 people, charted their progress and recovery on various different iterations of protein timing (including a strict every 2-3 hours) and guess what? The important factor was just getting enough protein into your body. Didn't matter when. Didn't matter what the portion size was. It doesn't. Fucking. Matter.

I find this brand with lemon and pepper extremely tasty.

Not really related to the topic at hand but I don't wish to create a separate thread.

Here is the deal. About a year ago I gained weight (fat) due to inactivity. I was about 85 kg. I lost about 6 kg in 3 months. Then I started working out, slow bulk and now I'm back at 85.
The thing is, that I'm unable to lose weight with the same diet plan as before.

Anyone knows a reason why that is? The plan that I use/used involved 500 cal deficit while dividing 40p/30c/30f.

How much tuna per 100g pasta?

>jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-53
>The strategy involves consuming protein in and around a training session in an effort to facilitate muscular repair and remodeling, and thereby enhance post-exercise strength- and hypertrophy-related adaptations [2]. It is generally accepted that protein should be consumed just before and/or immediately following a training session to take maximum advantage of a limited anabolic window

maybe you should read the study you posted instead of attempting to insult people who understand more than you?

That entire shit study is about the "anabolic window", not dietary protein timings. What is your issue, completely ignoring what you provide as evidence, then insulting people?

go with chunk light. its mercury levels are low enough that you could probably have a serving a day and be perfectly fine.
also I go with the pouches instead of the cans. better texture and there's no water to deal with

Wow, this thread devolved.