Squat help! pinch like pain

I need help!! save my progress fit

been doing SL and I started getting a pinching discomfort when I squat recently.

is it bad form?
is it hip impingement?
I didn't have it prior to 150lb

I have a similar problem. Im guessing my sciatica nerve is entrapped.
Is it in both legs? how flexible are your hamstrings? Hoping its not a slipped disc for either of us

Sounds like a hip flexor tear. Always warm up them hip flexors

Push your knees out

>been doing SL
There's your problem, doing SL/SS meme-tier programs

just my left side.
i think it might be my right side being strong and my form collapsing.
I'm going to try deloading back to 125lb and see if working my way back up does anything.

Could be hip impingement, yeah.

Curious, how deep do you squat compared to how deep you're actually capable of squatting?
I'm asking because while more range of motion is normally better than less range of motion, this doesn't always mean that it's a good idea to take the movement to the very limit of your available range of motion. Particularly when we're talking about a high load exercise.

Consider the bench press. It's already known as somewhat of a shoulder killer. If you use a cambered bar to increase the range of motion, it's even tougher on the shoulders. This is an example where increased range of motion can do more harm than good, probably because of how much and how heavy people like to bench press.

Note that I'm not saying you shouldn't attempt to squat deep, only that you should probably cut the movement short an inch or two above your individual limitation. This will most likely cause much less wear and tear on the joint.

Make sure you squeeze your glutes at the top.

What good is that going to do?

Switch to a higher bar position/squat more upright in general.
I can't give better advice without you posting a form video.
Also why in the fuck would you take advice from Mehdi?

I'm curious. What would you be looking for in his technique that would make him either more or less susceptible to hip pain?

foot width/depth/knee travel (you need some even for low bar)/ pitching forward/ not bracing in the slightest

Gotta have good glutes activation and use em throughout the whole movement, this keeps your BONES from scronching your muscles with the pinch

All right.
I'm thinking a switch to high bar won't do much good if he just ends up going deeper still using the same degree of hip flexion?

There is no way to fix this. I had this problem for over 2 years and could never get past 200lbs. After that I constantly re injured myself. Just quit squatting and do the leg press instead. I have seen good and steady growth from my routine..

Legs
Leg press 3x6-8
Romanian DL 3x6-8
Lunges 3x6-8
Hamstring curl 3x8-12
Standing calves 3x10-15
Seated calves 3x10-15

You have FAI. Look it up. I finally went to a physician and had it confirmed after doing lots of research and spinning my wheels. Your hip socket isn’t meant to go near parallel with heavy loads unfortunately. Only some people can without pain.

You will get lots of people saying you have shit form or to stretch more. None of that fixes anything. Trust me I’ve been there. I’ve seen a few different elite physical therapists and even they couldn’t help me.

That's a big if.
In my case high bar lets me go deeper with a more upright torso. As long as I keep the bar comparatively high and I use squat shoes I don't have a problem squatting (although my squat's not great)

Oh and I stretched the shit out of my quads and did a lot of bulgarian split squats which helped a lot

I've been battling FAI for a couple of years myself. I agree it's a total bitch to get rid of.

I refuse to believe however that it can't be done. And if I'm being completely honest with myself, the truth is that I haven't been THAT consistent with e.g. mobility work and other things that some people recommend for this condition.

I don't believe that it's simply due to bony deformations, although the presence of such may very well exaccerbate things.

>is it bad form?
>is it hip impingement?
I don't know, why don't you try having better form and doing whatever you do for hip impingement, and see if it helps. Or do them one at a time if you want to be scientific about it...

Get that bubblebutt for the insta

>FAI
This sounds like something very few people actually have and a whole lot claim to have.

>This sounds like something very few people actually have and a whole lot claim to have.
Judging from the litterature, it's actually the other way around.
It's a condition that's way more prevalant than most people realize, and unfortunately often overlooked in patients.

A lot of people, who get anterior hip pain in the bottom of a squat, think they they have some kind of hip flexor strain, which makes zero sense considering the fact that the hip flexors aren't really a mover in this context.

Well, I'm pretty close to dyel (not really) and my squat is by far my weakest lift. I get some side/front hip pain but it goes away after a couple sets. I have a lot of pains that are low-grade or fleeting. I'm tending to buy into the "nocebo effect" meme at this point.

thanks fit
gives me a few things to look into

yeah i was thinking maybe my feet are too wide apart thanks for bringing this up.

i gues its time to double check form
I can take a video clip of me squatting when i hit the gym tomorrow.

>nocebo effect
No doubt we always need to be sure we're not just mindfucking ourselves.

If your pain is fleeting and goes away after a proper warm up, then it's probably nothing to worry about.
But if it gets consistently worse and reacts very consistently on specific postures or movements, then it's not something you want to ignore - regardless of what the true cause might be.