God-Tier Cardio

I've been running for going on a month now, and I fucking hate it. You just run through the same park over and over again trying to get a better time and to go for a longer distance, and the entire time I feel judged by passers-by or people who are a lot fitter than I am. I won't stop, but it's unpleasant.
Rowing machines were always fun as fuck and a great workout, but I worry they're more aerobic full-body sessions rather than actual, hard-hitting cardio.
Are there any other or better alternatives to running that are as good cardio?

burpees

Thanks for the suggestion, now that you mention it I've heard good things about burpees.

Go hit a heavy bag is you have access to one just make sure to learn proper form and use wraps and gloves

cycling is god tier, the only downside is it's expensive. you have the freedom to go anywhere, and it's fun to go fast, and fun to push yourself uphills. you could go on a half hour ride or 10 hours if you want. it's incredibly flexible and very satisfying.

I live in a flat with thin walls so I can't be doing exercises at home, lest my family receive passive-aggressive letter campaigns from the old people living beneath me. I used to be big into martial arts though, so it's definitely a good idea. I'll check if any good classes are in my area (I doubt there's anything other than a few karate mcdojos, however)

Checked, and are cycling machines in gyms as good as regular cycling? I can't imagine you get any core workout from them, but then I don't know if you do with a regular bike as I don't know how to ride one. (Shout out to my perpetually absent father)

no sorry cycling indoors is soulcrushing and you will most certainly not develop a love for the sport if you do it this way. it's ALL about being outside. from what i hear it's not too hard to learn to ride a bike as an adult.

I like reading on a cycling machine, with my iPad.

to each their own, i'm just stating my own experience and what i've heard from others. cyclists generally like being outdoors, some braving even the nastiest of weather to do so.

cycling outdoors vs stationary is like fucking vs dry humping a pillow - no comparison.

not sure how to learn as an adult, but its DEFINITELY worth it in every way.

Tennis. I run, but that's only because I don't have any friends to play tennis with me.

i learned how to ride a bicycle for the first time when i was like 21 or 22, best to have someone show you how it's done rather than learning completely alone from scratch, doesn't take very long to learn and you improve very quickly

I'll look into learning, but it'll have to be when I have enough money to buy a bike or something. Until then, I suppose it'll have to be straight-up cardio.

Tennis is god tier, I've heard. I fence, which is good for your leg strength but generally not so running-intensive.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway, anons, I'll probably be able to cobble together a good routine that won't make me want to die.

just fyi, it's very easy to find a good used road bike on craigslist for 200-300 bucks.

>I worry they're more aerobic full-body sessions rather than actual, hard-hitting cardio.
the hell is this even supposed to mean?

I'm worried that it ends up being more a low-intensity strength/muscular endurance workout (which i'm already training anyway) than a cardio workout.

Christ and I thought I had it bad by learning it at the age of 12.

just row, why wouldn’t you want to work your whole body and also do cardio?

my dumbass didn’t read this post, just do 500m sprints, you don’t have to row at the same pace.
try rowing 3x1250 at 3-5 seconds below your 2K pace. that shit will kick you in the nuts.

If rowing is not "hard-hitting cardio" for you, something is horribly wrong

This. That thing is hard as hell and trains pretty much all of your body.

MMA / BJJ

Swimming and kickboxing you can do almost anywhere you live, any time of year. Like other anons have said, start biking if you can afford it. Alternatively, start hiking if you live anywhere near hills or mountains. Biking or hiking will almost force you to NOT go to the same places every time since you'll always be looking for new spots.

Rowing on machine can be absolutely brutal, but requires good technique, because YOU WILL strain your back if your spine/core is a weak noodle (spine going into flexion extension rapidly, basically seated cat back deadlift)

HIIT 45s on 15s off, after fifth interval youll be begging its over.

Or you can take it easy and go through the motions and actually recover faster.

FOR ME
rowing feels like doing RDLs and nothing pumps my glutes / hamstrings like this.
20rep squats come close but its mostly painfully hard quads pump.