Bruce Lee VS Muhammad Ali? Who would win a street fight?

It goes without saying that Muhammad Ali would crush Bruce in a boxing match. Ali was 6'3 and 220 lbs compared to Lee's 5'7 and 165 lbs at his peak. But, in a no-holds-bar street fight with punches, kicks, grapples, etc. Bruce Lee has far too many advantages. Ali wasn't trained to defend against those types of attacks. So, I'd put my money on Bruce.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegoodsurvivalist.com/the-winner-of-the-bruce-lee-vs-chuck-norris-real-fight/
youtube.com/watch?v=5HGPcOTyWfg
youtube.com/watch?v=eITPAqlApYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bruce is an actor.

He was also a fighter, though, and easily bested martial arts champions in sparring matches.

Bruce could kick the living fuck out of the average Joe Dipshit on the street. But as far as being a competitive martial artist he's pretty fucking overrated. My money is on the basketball American.

He used movies as a way to promote and share his fighting philosophy. He is primarily a fighter that got famous for movies.

I love these questions as they typically show hot little the person asking knows about fighting. Especially that the person asking has probably never been in a fight.
Who would win between 2 trained fighters in a street fight? If they're both trained, it's honestly an even match. They're both trained, they both have mastered speed, power, precision, instinct etc. So who would win would be a matter of circumstance.
A fight can be won by simply hitting the right place at the right time. The likelihood of you doing that increases with training. But an average Joe has good enough chance of knocking out even both Bruce Lee and Ali if he just gets fucking lucky and throws the right hit.
When both fighters are trained well enough that percentage is pretty much equal.
Bruce Lee can be a master of all styles of fighting, and Ali only knows punches. The fight starts, Ali throws a punch and it lands. Lee is knocked out.
Does it mean Ali is the better fighter? No. Does it mean Bruce Lee is simply not strong/fast/skilled enough? Nope. All it means is that Ali got lucky and chose to throw the right hit. Bruce could be faster and more skilled, but he cannot control exactly how his brain would rock in his head to prevent a concussion from a singular punch. Lee is more than fast enough to dodge, more than skilled enough to see a punch coming and block it, but not every single damn time. It doesn't mean he wont ever get hit.
Only way to know who is actually more skilled is to put them in an uncontrolled street fight circumstance over and over and only if one side has a substantial amount of wins over the other can you conclude that one is a better fighter.
This is why bullshit like one punch KOs on fighters who should have taken 50 more before falling happens. It's not a fucking video game, winning a street fight is not about stats or depleting a fucking health bar. It's just the right fucking hit, that is it, that is all that it takes. Training just increases the chances.

A better way to phrase the question would be, out of a 1000 simulated matches, who would win the most?

Well shit man ali is 200 pounds at 6 foot something i would think he would win but if lee landed some head kick or whatever crazy shit move he cooked up it could change. We dont know enough about lee but we know ali had incredible stamina

Yeah, Ali was fast, but Lee had INHUMAN levels of speed, stamina, and wicked strength for his size.

Yea, but Chuck Norris was still able to stand up to Bruce Lee. I believe Lee would have considered Chuck to be equal to him in certain regards, despite not having his same speed.
Its a great example of why circumstance determines a fight way more than the actual stats.

Is chuck actually trained in MA?

He was the Karate Champion for several years m8.

when bruce lee died ali said something like "has dead the only man who could defeat me"
they knew each other, the only problem bruce lee had was his glass chin thats why he never got into boxing. instead he learnt how to avoid punches

bruce lee was a hella good fighter, too bad he was too light and thin, but extremely strong pound for pound, its unlikely he could defeat some heavyweight champions like ali, foreman, and tyson in a ring, with boxing rules, but in a street fight he may have an advantage

there are so many myths and realities around bruce lee you dont think if they are fake or not, the only bruce lee mistake was to never prove he wasnt an actor but a real fighter

Norris was the six-time consecutive international middleweight karate champion.

>GOAT heavyweight who dared to be great
>An actor with a 0 fight record

Gee I dunno.

No. Zero pro fight record, no evidence at all of him being in any fights whatsoever. He's an actor. End of. The fetishization of Lee is a huge problem in the fighting community. He built a system and promoted martial arts, but he was not a fighter.

He's a motherfucking third degree black belt in BJJ under Dunn and Machado. His old ass could likely choke the life out of anyone on this board in less than 2 minutes.

lol you are proving my point bruce lee mistake was to never prove who he really was, but then, like you said, he probably was an actor and nothing else

Here's the thing: Lee bested Norris twice in a full-contact sparring matches, and Norris was an internationally-recognized six-time champion fighter in Karate.

>easily bested martial arts champions in sparring matches.
Source

Was that before or after Fraiser laid him on his back?

Now watch all the pussies in here telling you that NO he was an actual badass who fought in the streets his whole life bla bla bla. Bruce Lee was an influential figure for MA but stop thinking he would have beaten prime Ali or Tyson in a fucking fight you morons.

>He thinks sparring matches are real matches

Bruce could probably beat your average 6'3 asshole but with even a basic understanding and a little bit of experience fighting, that amount of weight and reach would defeat bruce, and bruce himself said so.

ali never, but never accepted his lost to frazier, and always thought frazier was nothing but a lucky faggot, thats why ali and frazier hated the each other so much, ali even insulted him many times, thing frazier never pardoned to ali

of course it was after frazier beat him because by its second combat bruce lee was already dead

They did fight once you morons

thegoodsurvivalist.com/the-winner-of-the-bruce-lee-vs-chuck-norris-real-fight/

Bruce Lee reportedly bested Karate world champion Chuck Norris in approximately 15 seconds.

You're not wrong, but a man who made a lifestyle of martial arts, and was trained in gung fu in china, and had his speed, would still be a hell of a fighter if he bothered to prove himself. That said, of course Ali would have crushed him.

Lee was nowhere near 165 lbs. You'd have to be a retard to believe that.

Vasyl Lomachenko is 5'7" and thicker than Lee ever was and he's 140 lbs at his max.

Any pro bjj or wrestling guy of the same weight would beat the shit out of Bruce Lee. Even a pro muay thai guy could probably beat him in a striking match just by clinching and kneeing and elbowing his face at will.

Your link goes to a hypothetical match up between Norris and Lee. And it has Norris winning. BTFO.

There's no evidence of fights but you're being way too pedantic. I'm sure if jet li had no evidence either you'd say exactly the same thing simply because he's an actor and CAN'T POSSIBLY also know how to fight. I mean c'mon it's pretty obvious he knew shit. I agree that Lee's martial arts skill is probably massively overrated but denying that he actually knew his shit is a mark of retardation equal to the guys that suck his dick. You're obviously somewhat salty about the issue and have let it influence your opinion

also
>fighting community
Faggot

>full-contact sparring matches
source

any collegiate wrestler who had the sense to either choke them out or ground and pound would kick both their asses

we know this from watching the first several ufc tournaments in the 90s, grappling is a far superior martial art to striking

cassius clay would beat the shit out of bruce lee, both in their prime. 90% of the effective shit in chink/nip martial arts is upperbody and boxing is superior to the hand arts of the chink/nip styles, cassius is larger, and cassius has been training primarily against uncooperative partners

Nation of Islam included or not? Ali rigged a lot of his matches.

Ali had a super chin. His punching power was nothing special. His reflexes were bad (IQ correlates with reflexes and Ali had an IQ of 78), his speed was good.

Bruce was faster and had better reflexes, unknown chin and apparently very good punching power. He's also a lot lighter (explaining the "faster") and shorter.

If Bruce can "bridge", ie. close up, he has a good chance. If Ali can outbox him in spite of Bruce's legs, Ali wins.

But ths is all theorycrafting anyway. Reflexes don't mean much in sports, for some reason:
>“In 1984 Desmond Douglas, the greatest-ever UK table tennis player, was placed in front of a screen containing a series of touch-sensitive pads at the University of Brighton. He was told that the pad would light up in a random sequence and that his task was to touch the relevant pad with the index finger of his favoured hand as soon as he could, before waiting for the next pad to light up … After 5 minutes, the researcher returned. He announced that Douglas's reactions were the slowest in the entire team … slower even than the team manager.”
Source: "Bounce" by Matthew Syed

Fighting is almost completely misunderstood by science - a guy with great punching power maybe feather fisted in the ring, a guy with slow reflexes like Ali may be famous for his great reflexes.

To paraphrase Sherlock Homes:
>Needs more data.

Bruce lee is a meme. A glorified actor at best. Also he's a 5'7 Manlet that weighed around 130 lbs. Mohammed was like 6'4 and weighed 220+ the winner is obvious

>Ali's reflexes are bad

youtube.com/watch?v=5HGPcOTyWfg

Reading comprehension: Zero.

You're American, am I right?

youtube.com/watch?v=eITPAqlApYc

>Fighting is almost completely misunderstood by science - a guy with great punching power maybe feather fisted in the ring, a guy with slow reflexes like Ali may be famous for his great reflexes.

What the fuck are you trying to say?

You must be a britbong for quoting a fictional character. All counter punchers and outboxers have good reflexes. Guess what kind of boxer Ali was?

Retarded as fuck. Amir Khan is an example of somebody who was quick but had bad reflexed. He get's his shots off first but he gets starched every time he steps up because he's easy to time with a counter. Ali was the guy doing the counters and catching him flush was very hard to do. Especially pre-prison.

Youtube experts need to leave.

>unknown chin
underrated

I think the big, aggressive black man would probably kill Bruce Lee

Mike Tyson in his prime was better than Ali

You're a retard, Ali has an enormous size difference, and was a professional fighter, the theory behind martial arts and an actual fight are very different things.

ITT: Kung Fu movie jerk-offs pretend that they have even a modicum understanding of fighting. How the fuck is a 130 pound Chinaman supposed to compete with a professional multi time heavyweight boxing champion with a 78 inch reach? You guys are fucking DELUDED!!

>correlates
>what are outliers
>implying ali insn't an outlier

If ali had bad reflexes then the rest of professional boxers were fucking 10th percentile or something.

All Bruce Lee has to do is kick Ali in the knee which he has the speed and agility to do and Ali would be on the ground.

You're so full of fucking shit holy fuck. You don't know anything about fighting! Don't fucking post pseudo scientific bullshit and expect people to take you seriously. You sound like a fucking kung fu autist from /asp/ pre-wrestling merger and it wouldn't surprise if you were one of those retarded trip fags. Get the fuck off fit and go back to your gay kung fu forum.

None. They both dead.

He's a meme because of all these fucking faggots creating and feeding into this myth that he was a fighting god. He did some good things, he popularized martial arts to the masses, he made good movies and encouraged cross training at a time when people were focused on their special snowflake style of kung fu or one point karate tournaments.

>But ths is all theorycrafting anyway. Reflexes don't mean much in sports, for some reason:
>>“In 1984 Desmond Douglas, the greatest-ever UK table tennis player, was placed in front of a screen containing a series of touch-sensitive pads at the University of Brighton. He was told that the pad would light up in a random sequence and that his task was to touch the relevant pad with the index finger of his favoured hand as soon as he could, before waiting for the next pad to light up … After 5 minutes, the researcher returned. He announced that Douglas's reactions were the slowest in the entire team … slower even than the team manager.”

All this shows is the Bong had difficulty doing a simple monkey task. In no way does it show that reflexes don't matter in sports. Everyone can confirm you are retarded.

so did my mom, but you never hear about her being one of the best fighters ever.

Bruce Lee said hed lose in a fight against Muhammad Ali.

You're a stupid fuck. You don't bring up reflexes as your main point and say his are slow because his iq is low, and then ignore him having great reflexes in relation to exactly what he needs them for.
>no I meant he had bad reflexes for pushing a light up button, learn to read

Also, Ali would put Lee in a coma in the first combo.

Ali fought against Inoki where he never got dropped once by a million leg kicks. Lee wouldn't do fuck, nor would he fight like that.

Dude wtf are you talking about? Someone post the gifs. This dude inoki was literally laying on the ground kicking Ali and Ali was getting rekt

Ali would get rekt with 1 kick

I think the big aggressive black man would fuck your wife

Because Ali thought it was a standup fight and everyone was confused about the rules.
Inoki still didn't drop Ali, and he was way bigger than Lee. Ali would drop Lee off a jab and hit him once on the ground to end his life.

Inoki was on the LAYING on the damn ground and put his ass literally on Ali's face with some basic grappling

Any modern mma fighter would wreck Ali

Give me a few min brah I'll start posting gifs. I'm on my phone

Unless you want to post them for me and show everyone what happened

Bruce Lee wasn't a modern MMA fighter though was he.

Ali lost right here

He was a proto mma fighter, he also incorporated judo and grappling aspects to his martial arts

If I remember correctly Ali knew he'd get rekt in an actual fight (grappling v. striking matches pre-standard mma almost always went to the grappler,) so they set a bunch of rules basically neutering Inoki from doing much of anything (I forget the exact rules.)

Knowing he'd get rekt in a straight up boxing match, he instead found a loophole where he could basically just lie on the ground and kick him.

I can't speak for Ali v. Bruce. Obviously Bruce was a great martial artist, but theres very little non-anecdotal evidence of his fighting ability. That being said, if his grappling was a high enough skill level compared to what I imagine Ali's is (close to nonexistent,) that'd probably bridge the size gap.

Not a fighter sorry sweetie

Except that's not how the world works.

You don't think ufc always existed did you cunt?

That apart we all agree Mike > Ali, right ?

Bruce chose not to prove himself when he had every opportunity to do so.

Mike btfo by Lennox lewis. Meanwhile you need to watch Ali vs foreman again.

Got*

How? He was completely on the offensive in the martial art community in Hong Kong and in America. Wjm fought him because of that.

If you are talking about point or wushu tournaments, those are bs.

Ali would win. Bruce lost almost every real fight he did with his friends who were normal martial artists from what I've read.

Bruce was an entertainer with top tier physical fitness not a top tier fighter.

List some he lost

What is for certain is that Bruce Lee's fanbase is far more cancerous. Rabid cockwashers