>don't get much exercise
>don't get no cardio
>anxiety
>depression
>eat fairly healthy
>don't drink
>don't smoke
>no drugs

got my blood and urine results, everything is normal except my cholesterol is 7.6, doctor says it's very high, i asked him if i start exercising and eating better will it go lower, he says no it's way too high and i need medicine, i refused to take medicine and deciding to go the natural way

going to try to change my lifestyle, exercise (swim, gym, etc.) and eat healthier (no fast food, processed foods, etc.) for 3 months and see how it goes

kind of strange what my doctor said, kind of made me lose hope on how he said to go for medicine right away rather than natural remedies

what does Veeky Forums think i should be doing

exercise will definitely help, but you should switch doctors if they immediatly jumped to statins over diet/exercise

i think i need to, i asked my doc about CBD oil for anxiety and he doesn't even know what CBD is, i need a doctor that knows what the fuck is happening in the industry

>what does Veeky Forums think i should be doing
Listen to the fucking doctor and take the goddamn medicine.

sounds like you got one of those doctors that flunked out of a real med school and got their degree in the Caribbean

Eat lots of eggs, minimum 5 a day.
Eat fatty meats.

Any legit sites where I can get some Xanax online?

i thought eggs (yolks) raise your cholesterol

you trying to kill me?

i wouldn't try that

that's what the lipid hypothesis states. the problem is the lipid hypothesis is bullshit.

i know of one personally that went to haiti.
its amazing you can go to med school in haiti, and come to the US and do your residency.

You fucking brainlet.

i have nothing against Haitians qua Haitians, but a country with literal voodoo witch doctors probably doesn't produce good physicians

fuck off

I wouldn't take statins. They're horrible. A simple Google search will tell you there are some doctors saying cholesterol isn't even bad.

>eat fairly healthy

What does that actually mean?

>unironically taking nutrition advice from da gubment
Ya bro fats are terrible for you, and carbohydrates are a NECESSARY source of energy without it you will DIE. Be a good goy and eat your carbs.

Statins have all sorts of long term side effects. The meta-analysis' of heart disease and attcls have come up with very inconclusive results trying to link cholesterol levels and increases in heart attack and stroke.

I would not choose to take a statin.

I had a VA doc freak out over my diet, which is fairly heavy in red meat and whole eggs (although Ive cut back on eggs recently, been eating too many for too long). She ordered a cholesterol test immediately, and tried to prescribe me a statin because my LDL was 3 points out of range (ignoring that both sides of my family have a history of high cholesterol, but only one close-ish family member has ever had a heart attack [and he was a heavy smoker with extremely poor diet]).

I promised I would change my diet and completely cut out processed foods, red meat and restrict egg intake. I did none of that, I added about an additional hour of steady state cardio per week.

OP, avoid statins. Chnage your diet AFTER you change your cardio. Get your cardiovascular system working better.

i pretty much watch what i eat, i rarely eat fast food and when i do eat out i make sure it's at least healthy (no fried food)

i eat a lot of veggies, fruits, flax, nuts, fiber, no caffeine, etc

Cholesterol is a meme peddled by big pharma. Literally just ignore it

>watch what I eat

Now see that's very vague. Read this. It will at least give you a sense of what precise dietary specifications sound like. It's not "watch what I eat" or "feel what I eat" (intuitive eating lmao). You need to have a standard defined in your head for what good eating is, and why it's good eating. Only then will you be able to actually "watch what you eat" so that it can meet said standard.

I've heard too many fat people say exactly what you've said to find it trust worthy.