What's your experience with lasik eye surgery? Worth it?

What's your experience with lasik eye surgery? Worth it?

never had it
maybe, could be fun

Just don't, just don't please.

i'm a medfag and not a single eye-medfag i know performs this shit on his own eyes

This, if you're uncomfortable with contacts, get multiple glasses. One expensive and a few cheap ones that are ready to break so when you ever get into a fight you know you have disposables. Only marketing teams shill these shit to the public, opticians and optometrist, if not jewish will encourage you to avoid lasik despite as the technology is still new and the procedure is not permanent.

Never attemp to eye lasik

Wait 10 years minimun

Wtf is wrong with it?

I know an optician, hsi advice always was tht if you do it do one eye at a time and the other later on. This way if they do fuck up you still have one good eye.

Everyone who has come by his shop had both eyes fucked up beyond repair and no glasses could really help them either.

it's very safe however in most people it can cause trouble with night-time vision as well as dry eyes

so if you don't rely on those or are a model/actor that absolutely can't wear contacts or glasses it's a good choice

I had a girlfriend who did it because she was nearly blind. She said it was life changing.

Probably will get it done, shit vision my whole life and it's getting worse I think.

Nothing. None of these clowns have had it done.
I did and it was the best decision of my life.

>Everyone who has come by his shop had both eyes fucked up beyond repair and no glasses could really help them either.
This is a common occurrence in many optician's shop. If the procedure is done well, congrats, if not you'll be at his shop every week complaining about how uncomfortable it is. Also note, all those who have done it have problem with strong wind blowing into their face as it will irritated the eyes.

My father had it done for his pretty bad nearsightedness. For about a year and a half it was great, but eventually his eyes went back to how they were. Over $2000 just to not need glasses for 18 months. Not worth it in my opinion, but you do you.
Try contacts.

Blow into your father's eye and let him feel the pain of lasik.

>Square up with someone
>"Hold on, let me switch to my fighting glasses"

I already have dry and photosensitive eyes so I worry it would do more harm than good
The thought of being conscious while they slice and lift your retina sends a chill down my spine as well, I'm usually well-composed but I can't deal with eye-related shit and would probably have a genuine panic attack in the chair

I got Lasik about 10 years ago. My vision was awful since I'd been in 5th grade before that, my hand was blurry little more than a fucking foot in front of my face, I needed glasses all the time. It was like a goddamn miracle to me, to be honest. For a dude who had shit vision to go to 20/20 really was incredible, and I still say its one of the best decisions I ever made to get that surgery. Its not really a big deal. Took like 5 minutes for the entire procedure, then your eyes are dry and vision blurry and you gotta rest your eyes the rest of the day. The next day you wake up and your vision is good, there's a bit of fogginess for a week or so, nothing major, and you take some eye drops to help with dryness/irritation and anti-inflammation several days, maybe a couple weeks. It wasn't a big deal, and the results were awesome. I recommend it to everyone who's considering it, personally.

Got an ICL instead. Pretty great. 20/15 vision.

For reference, my vision before the ICL was -5.25

>ICL
>Implantable Contact Lense

some fucking dwarf snitch at my last job got it and it fucked his eyes up more than they were, i was happy cuz he was a piece of shit

Worked for a Lasik company and got it for free after working there 6 months

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this scenario

Holy kek

Had it done was roughly 3k.
Was a month long process of looking at different centers that specialized in it all running me through their various tests. Came down to 2 one was 3k other was 2k decided not to cheap out because its my fucking eyes.

Had worn glasses since age 11, had it at 22 now 28. Was told I had really thick corneas so worst case I could have it done again in 10 years with a potential 3rd time if needed. Doubt I will once older.
Procedure was more unnerving than painful. Recovery was a pain in the ass because im a little bitch. Had help, at home for drops I recommend you do too.

Procedure was go in lay down, strap your eye open, tape the other one up. Laser cut a dotted line. They hydrate your eyes throughout. They peal back the flap. This is the scary part cuz yer vision is now 7 shades of fucked. They made sure I could see a red dot made sure I was vomfortable and told me to stare at it, rehydrated and counted down. 10-20s of staring and eye was done. Repeat for other.

Post op was 3 days (including op day) of bandaged eyes except for drops.

Next week was dark rooms, some light reading and avoiding screens. After that was short screen time to monitor eyes. 3 months of avoiding sun and wearing sunglasses (2 but said 3 was better). Drops throughout less and less frequently.

Side effects, i have minor halos on bright lights (thin rainbows) in complete darkness.

Ok to drive, see fine. Doc said younger people need to blink more, said I blinked half as often as older generations did thought maybe due to vidya.

At work can answer any questions in a while.

>24 m , glasesses since 14 , cant wear contact lenses, job as a game dev
lasik or no lasik?
im quite active runner and have to run without glases not seeing anything

Why can't you wear contacts?

Worth the $4k? Or should I be paying more

My mom got it a while ago present from daddy. It worked for her. No longer needed glasses. But her eyes were extremely sensitive to wind and the like

yes

best money i've ever spent

Had mine done last september, no problem whatsoever.

i had 2 eye injuries in my youth ( one from fireplace, other while woodcutting) and my eyes are supersensitive, not even the chick in the optics was able to put them in to my eyes

Rock the glasses bro. Lookin hella smart

I've had iLASIK done 2 or 3 years ago. Great decision. It takes time for eyes to adjust, they might get dry sometimes especially at first. I don't think my night-vision is too bad.
Absoultely worth it, especially if you have even slight OCD about lens cleanliness and fit.

To add to that: I live in UK but went to Poland for surgery, paid around £1400 for both eyes instead of £5000 in UK.
If you're going to do it go for the best/latest/safest (aka most expensive) option. I've got large pupils so iLASIK was the only available method anyway. Bear that in mind.

Eyesight worsens naturally around 40 and later. He would've been even worse without the surgery.

I'm considering it but I have to drive at night for work.

KEK

I had it done.
PRK. Not Lasik.
Need a corneal thickness of 500+ microns all over for Lasik, so they can cut a flap into the cornea and just pop it back into place after they're done. Like a 48 hour recovery period.

There was one tiny spot on the cornea in both my eyes that was like 497 microns in one and 498 microns jn the other so they wouldnt do the Lasik.
PRK still has the same end result. But a 5+ day recovery period. And could be 3-12 months of follow ups before everything completely settles.
In PRK They use a type of alcohol to soften the epethelium / surface layer of your eye, and get rid of it and then use the laser. They put some contacts into your eyes for 5 days too.

It was 2 minutes of discomfort for the surgery. Didnt phase me at all since I work in an operating theatre anyway. I even rejected the valium they offered before the procedure.
The local anasthetic drops they use do sting for the first few seconds. But the rest of the procedure is fine.
Recovery period is just boring. Stay in (near) complete darkness for a few days. So best to have music or audiobooks.

With PRK i went from badly short sighted to about almost 20/20 vision, with a tiny bit of longsightedness after the 5 day recovery period. It took another month or so for the newly growing epethelium cells to settle down and my vision went perfect then. On the chart thing that you read letters out on, i can just aboutdo the 22/20 line.
Right now im 4 months after it

Isn't Lasik the outdated method now with better.methoda emerging?

Had it done, and have since refereed 3 friends to the same location. Dr. Wolfson in ATL if you are interested in what a reputable doctor looks like.

He has a bunch of satellite offices, but he does all of the surgeries himself. Backs his name so to say.

But yeah, had close to 20/20 the same day, and ended up with better than 20/20. Cost about 3.5k. Best money I ever spent. If I had to spend that every five years I would.

I am super athletic, so glasses and sports or contacts and sweat down mesh for me. Also, not having to fuck with contacts or kiss with glasses on is soooooo worth it.

I almost forget that I ever wore glasses to be honest.

One of the best decisions I made concerning my body. Haven’t had a single moment of regret since.

If you're in a wealthy european country: Do it

If you're in america, india or similar shitholes: Travel to europe.
It's far too commercialized in the US to be trustworthy.

Also, consider PRK (LASEK) instead of LASIK. In PRK, you don't get a flap cut in your cornea, but it's removed and regrows. So you can still play contact sports or fight afterwards. Many who had LASIK have the problem of the flap falling out when fighting...

I just moved to ATL.
Been looking into getting lasik for a while.
Thanks user