Guys who can bench 2pl8

How can i hit that? I can do 185 no problems. Then i put 190 and the bar feels heavy as fuck. I can do 3-4 clean reps them grind through the 5th

what does your bench routine look like besides that

Do forget to work tri's

I was doing reddit PPL. Heavy bench on push 1 and volume bench on pushb2. Then I got sick of lifting for 6 days a weekband my recovery went to shit. Now I'm doing 4 day U/L

I mean don't*

My weakness is off the chest . I have decent tris.

That is his bench routine...

Do the nsuns 5 day routine you can find it on r/fitness wiki and r/nsuns. The program has strategic volume and will definitely get you past 2 pl8s

bench 4 times a week with multiple variations like paused, from the floor, from pins, close grip and so on

Try to do 185x12 then up the weight. Also bench two times a week and start on the first day after the rest day if you have one.

Sometimes it can all be in the mind.

For some reason I always put a song on to hype me up whenever I was doing lmao 2pl8, only managing to do 2-4 reps, then one day I "accidently" started a set without thinking about it, and the weight was light as fuck and I manged to do 8 reps ezpz.

2pl8 hasn't been an issue since then.

this plus eat a lot, it helps tremendously when you gain a little weight

don't forget to retract and depress your scapulae

then do paused bench on your heavy bench day

Grind through the 5th rep
Do as many sets as you can
Take weight off, grind as many reps as you can
Repeat for as many sets as you can

Eat a ton of protein after
Sleep well
Rest for a day or two
Come back, hit 195, do it all over again. That's how

I've only been lifting 3 months, but I'm at 225, and then I pretty much stopped because it felt like other things were lagging behind, for example, I'm only at 90 OHP. I just added 10lb a session and tried for 3x8, sometimes I'd only be able to do 5 reps a set when I first added weight, so I'd do 5x5 that session and then try for 3x8 the next, and add 10lbs next time.

been working out almost 4 months and can only bench 155x5 halp

Weight/height? Routine? Are you sure your form is correct?

Sounds like a metal thing to me. 5lbs isn't jack shit when you look at it and it should make no dig difference. Maybe you go under the assumption that you won't be able to lift and how it's much heavier now so you fail.

don't grind through your reps. You build up so much fatigue from grinding that it's not worth it. Stop 2 reps from failure.
build up from there. add reps on all 3-4 sets first and then go up in weight. Bench 2 times per week
wrong

Bench heavy 2 times a week?

Do you want your muscles to grow or not?

On what routine should I bench heavy twice a week

Nah. Go lighter on one of the days with a little higher reps. Don't do 6 different chest exercises after that. I'd also advise to pause your reps at the bottom for just a little bit

Could be pplxppl or variations. You can train every muscle group two times a week, build your routine based on it.

6'3 240 pounds i only started benching seriously about 2 months ago though. my form is decent i think

confidence is all about accomplishment

If you aren't stalling everything's ok. If you want to better your bench faster prioritize it in your routine and do strength trainings on occasion.

I wanna lift 4 times a week for dat dere recovery

>fashion
>wolf tshirt
your are retarded

all these sub-3pl8 cucks here dont know a thing
twice a week, 5x5's, 90sec rest times
my 1rm is 325, my chest is 46", so its safe to say it works

Don't have a push day. You shouldn't bench and OHP on the same day.

You should have a day dedicated to benching in your routine. Bench in sets of 5 reps. Incline bench for 3x8. Dumbbell bench for 3x10. Do other chest work if you wish.

Get a harder arch in your back while benching. Stick your chest up. Only your butt and traps should be touching the bench.

If you can't do 5 reps of a weight, drop the weight 10% and work back up.

>t. Shreddlet

>t. Chestlet
if you are sub-3pl8 plz kys

>numbers are everything
>doing less than 6 reps
And that's how I know you're a bloatlord.

if you dont roid, sets of 5 is the best of both world, you retard

but whatever, arguing with some soyboy on Veeky Forums is a waste of time.
go do some research first

Give me one (1) source that says doing more than 4 sets and less than 6-12 reps is a good idea for hypotrophy.

2 months isn't that long, are you stagnating or have you been slowly increasing? I've been working out for ~5 months on stronglifts routine weigh 170 and am benching 170 3x5 but I have some muscle memory from college (I think it's still there, even if it was ten years ago)

>i want shoulder impingement
the post

Yes, this got me to 2pl8 in 4/5 months, coming from not even being able to do 100lb.

Monday: Flat bench
Wednesday: Incline bench
Friday: Flat bench (heavy), CG bench

I also added pin press as an accessory as I had difficulty with the top part of my bench.