Is the whole "onions increase T" thing just a meme or is there actual science behind it?

Is the whole "onions increase T" thing just a meme or is there actual science behind it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19384830
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24302558
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19088162
peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Daily.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535
thinksteroids.com/community/threads/new-formula-for-calculating-blood-testosterone-levels-using-tne-test-suspension.134371680/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873087/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9437507
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a meme

It increase Test in lab mice. No human studies

It’s a meme designed to get gullible normalfags to burn their mouths on raw onion. An Onion isn’t a magical food. You’re better off with Potatoes desu.

There's actual science behind it

It just works. Same with cabbage and some other greens. Jidf just wants to sabotage onion threads.

>burn their mouths on raw onion
The state of amerifat tastebuds

I eat raw onion all the time. It's called salad

You summoned me.
62 days of same diet.

20 days prior to original test.
42 days with diet but with onions 2 red.

13% increase in free test
66% refuction in female sex hormone.

why does shrek have malysian flag though?

Imagine being memed into eating raw onions

Entire raw onions at a time will burn your mouth with all of the sulfur compounds in them retard

This samefag posts this, waits two hours, then posts "you summoned me". There's zero science behind this, just some bald autist.

Where did this claim come from? I need the original article please.

looks like somebody hasn't been eating their onions...

you are just weak lol fucking fag cant stand a bad taste because waaa it burnt me thong mommy

mouthlet detected kek

60 days of soylent, post before and after blood tests, these dubs demand it faggot

Fuck reroll

So close

"Serum total testosterone significantly increased in all the test groups (p < 0.05), and levels of LH significantly increased only in the group that received the high dose of fresh onion juice (p < 0.05) ..."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19384830

"Serum testosterone levels increased significantly by onion juice administration. However, a significant reduction in testosterone because of paroxetine therapy was observed. This reduction was restored to normal levels by administration of onion juice."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24302558

No need to roll.
Pic related.

even if it was true, only an absolute idiot would actually eat raw onions
>mfw when thinking about autistic Veeky Forumsizens having the onion farts

Your hormone levels albeit not as bad were still well within normal range and could be explained by normal hormone fluctuations because you had precisely two blood tests done you fuck.
You did not get anywhere near the results which the rats did.

I'm quite aware 13% is not 314%.

I have never claimed it is.

Although 66% refuction in female hormones is not anywhere near a regular variant.

Also I am not conducting a peer reviewed study.
People wanted to know.
I provided the best answer I could.
The blood test are the blood test.
Make of them what you will.

Thank you for your support.

Love and kisses
Onionbro

>You did not get anywhere near the results which the rats did.
How can humans even compete?

13% fluctuation of test is nothing. That sort of fluctuation occurs from so many things daily. How you slept or what physical activities you've done would be enough to show a fluctuation that big in testosterone. I have had a bigger swing from taking zinc supplements (0.320 to 0.540)

The only interesting thing is the reduction in the female sex hormone.

You have nothing to lose in trying onions. If it boosts test, then it's a good result. If it doesn't, you're still getting a ton of nutrional value out of them and that's also good

onionbro make your own on doityourselfsoylent for the absolute most perfect diet every possible with 100% consistency on completefoods.co it used to be called diysoylent but for legal reasons they had to change the name, its a pretty cool community although not at its prime it used to be, its dieing but many recipes out there, here is mine although as you can tell by the numbers I am still changing things up, and as you can see i also have onion in there as well lol i can make my recipe unprivate for you to copy and paste and adjust yourself if you want. I split most ingredients into 6 seperate blends daily sperated by 3 hours apart.

you dont lose anything on onions though so then its still a positive result because the reduction of female sex hormone in his test is huge and definitely abnormal. you lose nothing and you gain so much, why not then?

i thought that having more of both hormones was better though
could be missremembering though

brainlet

I use this.
It's not as precise.

i'm pretty sure i saw a study saying something like that
i'm not saying it's correct i'm just saying what i've read in some other thread

FUCK YOU Veeky Forums I HAD ONION FOR LUNCH AND NOW MY STOMACH IS IN PAIN. I DIDNT EVEN HAVE THAT MUCH

I looked up some things today "how to naturally raise testosterone" and nobody said onions. I don't even know where you fags got that idea

ah yea, i used to use mfp but myfitnesspal is nowhere near as good as completefoods and you have to pay for other features, mfp doesnt let you put in prices for you to see how much your diet costs you daily. you also dont get the vitamin and minerals chart that completefoods has. and you cant look up entire daily recipes from the community on mfp. you should definitely switch over bro

let the onions sit for a bit, never eat onions that have just been chopped lol. i chop like 5 medium onions into a container and refrigerate them, then like 2 days later i can eat them in small portions by weighing them out on a scale in grams. before you run out, about two days before, start another new onion container and dice up the onions.

protip throw the tiny diced onions into your mouth chew up for a bit, just a couple of chomps if you dice them small enough, then chug whats in your mouth with water. thats all i do and its effortless and i dont even have to think about swallowing the onions, just down it with water like as if they were pills.

EZ

onion guy, what are the benefits in those things that you mentioned? the pomegranet cocoa and everything else

I'll try it.

I just chop 5 mins later add oil.
Done.
But if it works it works!

Long Jack raises free test specifically
Pomegranate raises test
Cocoa is anti oxidant and myostatin inhibitor.

fuckin great finds man, as a natty i have to use every little advantage i can find.

is there anything else I should know about that can help? also what doses/amounts of those things you mentioned should i be taking daily?

Someone screenshot this, because I'm bored of replying to this dude recommending people disable themselves.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19088162

Daily fluctuations of 20-25% in testosterone are normal pending on time.

>peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Daily.aspx

On a longer scale, it can fluctuate by up to 31%. Because Onionman only tested once before, it is impossible to know if his original testosterone is his normal average, or just lower than his normal. Same goes with the after - it is entirely possible that his starting take was lower than normal and his after was normal or slightly higher; it's well within 31%.

In addition, an increase of 13% is insubstantial. That would be the difference between 600ng/dl if at the exact natural average vs 680ng/dl. The highest naturally occurring without a genetic disorder or other is around 1-1200ng/dl.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535

For reference, 600mg of injected testosterone results in a net gain of roughly 3x more muscle mass gained, training or not, while raising test levels way higher than 1200:

>thinksteroids.com/community/threads/new-formula-for-calculating-blood-testosterone-levels-using-tne-test-suspension.134371680/

The study group at 600mg had Test levels of 8-10k. This means, taking the average of 9k and assuming their normal was 600ng/dl before, an increase of 15x test increases muscle gain by x3; your base muscle gain doubles over base for every 5x increase. This means a 13%, even if it wasn't a fluctuation, results in less than a 3% increase in muscle gain.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2873087/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9437507

Estrogen increases muscle mass and bone density. By decreasing these for no reason, you are destroying your bones and decreasing your gains long term. Onions DO decrease estrogen, but unless you have a legitimate reason to do so, don't. Men need estrogen, it is NOT just a female sex hormone.

I haven't taken any endocrinology tests, but I recently started drinking soy milk after never having touched the stuff. I'll be sure to let Veeky Forums know if I become a woman.

can you tldr the estrogen links? just how much did the estrogen effect muscular strength? i cannot seem to find it. did it increase it by a huge amount or only a small nearly insignificant amount?

also it could be that the onions may take some time for the hormonal changes to occur in onionbros body like he mentioned. wait a couple of months and if onionbro does another test we can see if his test actually rose. perhaps the decrease in estrogen is the reason for the increase in testosterone in the rats and since onionbro is showing results for decreased estrogen, he would just have to continue with this decreased estrogen to eventually lead to the increased testosterone. perhaps with that in mind it would be a worth-it trade off. trading up decreased strength at first to have increased strength from eventual testosterone later on.

Long Jack is 500 -600 mg a day
Pomegranate I am not too sure off the top of my head.

The study was using concentrate so I am having 1 cap of concentrate 30,000mg and one fruit.

Cocoa.
No idea.
I just like it to be honest
The only reason I include it specifically is die to it being an addition to my diet

I genuinely agree regarding fluctuations.
It's a study as one I kept time of sample day of the week and sleep (Although I had 1 hour sleep less than normal on the second test)

All I can do is take the test and post results letting people make of them what they will.