Psoriasis

How does /fit deal with this? I recently got diagnosed with this. I have a healthy/balanced diet but this news was devastating. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DsU1tCcAxLw
rxlist.com/taltz-side-effects-drug-center.htm#overview
cancerprogram.weebly.com/8-toxic-interference--candida--mold.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a friend with scalp psoriasis who uses coal tar products. She uses a shampoo that pretty much made her look normal in 3 uses, but it smells like a tire.

>I have a healthy/balanced diet
What's your usual diet like?

Cortisone helps but u shouldnt use it often

I take immunesuppresants

Shaving the red areas helps, as well as sunlight and sea water

You should obviously eat healthy, not too many carbs, avoid alcohol, stress and saunas

I have psoriasis for 15 years on head and some on chin first it was horrible and disgusting and my doctor adviced me to stop smoking and it will go but no didn't helped, to skip all the bullshit in between i changed my hair shampoo. I was using the same shampoo all the time and the skin ph was fucked up( it was a strong shampoo) and now it's ok on psoriasis for last 2 years

I haven't bothered to get diagnosed, I have had permanent dandruff since I was a toddler.

My scalp seems to adapt to dandruff shampoo, so I alternate between 3 types. Selsun gold, nizoral 2% and a coal tar one with salicylic acid. I also use an anti-dandruff conditioner.
My other problem is that the skin on my face is extremely sensitive to shampoos with sulfates, which all anti-dandruff shampoos have. The trade off is a sore, red chemical burn type thing on my face for non-flaky, itchy scalp.
Most times the burn is worth it, except during times where people take photos.

I cut out gluten and dairy for a while then introduced it back and my skin flared up. I have a fairly mild case(more like bug bites) on arms and shoulder/pec area.

Diet consists of: whey protein after workout. Banana, apple, orange, throughout the day.

>breakfast
Vitamin D3 5000 IU in the morning. Handful of raisin/seeds/almond mix. Oatmeal

>Lunch
omlette, bacon and potatoes for lunch, >snackkale/greens salad,

>Dinner
pork/chicken/ground beef with rice, quinoa, or buckwheat groat with veggies.

Anything I should add/delete? I heard fish oil, l-glutamine would help.

I have been using head & shoulders for years with a organic conditioner. I recently stopped applying pic related to my face in the shower

I've avoided any kind of face cleanser all my life, I never really had acne when I was a teen

What's the cause though?

It took me ten years of trial and error to heal my psoriasis. after trying everything under the sun i have found the solution:

dehydrocholic acid
querectin
rutin
grape seed extract
black seed oil

ask me anything

I had it for 2/3 years only using steroid cream to help it but last 6 months done a few things and almost all gone

Buy a handheld UV lamp

Never use the steroid cream, that shit fucks you up

Use extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer at night

For your scalp gets some T-Gel style shampoo and do oil treatment
youtube.com/watch?v=DsU1tCcAxLw

It is devastating. I can recall radio commercials back when I was a kid that talked about "the heartbreak of psoriasis". :)
I got it at age 32, about a year after a divorce. At first I thought it was some kind of VD or something. In retrospect, that would have been much better.
How do you live with it? Guess what: Over time, you will gradually just learn to ignore it. Seriously. Sometimes today if there are little kids in the locker room I notice them kind of looking at me funny. It just sorta makes me chuckle inside in a good way. It's all Ok.

Breakfast is good, dinner looks alright, lunch looks bad. Eggs, white potatoes, and processed meat cause inflammation. Try swapping them for something like black beans, sweet potatoes, fruit, etc

Also look into herbal teas. Hibiscus, chamomile, roobios, etc.

See a dermatologist. I use Clobetasol and Calciopetriene twice a day. Doesn't really make it go away, usually. But it flattens it out and stops the itching. UV light helps too, but not the sun is better than a tanning booth. You can take systemic drugs, but some of those are pretty heavy duty (essentially chemotherapy) so I've avoided them so far.

As someone who undergrad and masters work is dedicated to researching it, the current state of the art is...

>lol idk bro

Do you just apply the oil to the affected areas?

What about dairy products and getting probiotic and fish oil supplement ?

had this since i was 10 - 26 now
my skin is currently completely clear

>Treatment

ask your dr about getting UVB phototherapy ASAP
you can get this treatment as often as once per year in the uk on the nhs
expose skin to sun when possible and take care not to get burnt

guttate psoriasis- dovobet gel / calcipotriol
plaque psoriasis- eucerin cream then dovobet ointment
face/hairline psoriasis - protopic
scalp psoriasis- betacap and or t-gel

haven't tried it yet but ixekizumab is a new systemic treatment that has shown to be extremely effective in treating plaque psoriasis and preventing psoriatic arthritis developing

>Diet

varied healthy and balanced
use an app like Cronometer to help you do this and see if you're missing out on any key vitamins or minerals

drink a lot of water
2L per day is good to aim for

>Hygiene

Maintain excellent hygiene
shower after your workout
don't let sweat dry on skin

i shower in the evening after the gym and use t-gel, face wash and a gentle shower gel

sleep on clean sheets

i then shower again i when i wake up using only water/ no soap before work

also avoid letting your hair grow too long i.e over face

>Lifestyle

do not smoke
limit alcohol
minimise stress

>Mood

depression is common in psoriasis sufferers
try not to let it get you down

sticking to these instructions, my skin has been consistently clear for the the last few years
and while this is a chronic condition causing flare ups from time to time,
keep reminding yourself that each flare up will pass

also, stay consistent with the above instructions - don't try any wacky fads

hope this helps

Yeah, put it on overnight, used to wrap clingfilm around me on some areas to keep it on

Mainly use it in the morning now as a face moisturizer

Dairy and probiotics I don't know about, fish oil would probably improve things. Try cutting dairy again and re-introducing it to see if it triggers anything.

those digits

Thanks user.

>checked

Good tips, thanks. I have been using clobetazol, prescribed by my dermatologist. I live on the westcoast BC, so we have little sun. My dermatologist said that i am not a candidate for UVB therapy. I guess I will stick getting out in the sun when peaks out in the winter months,
Do you find cutting out gluten helped?

>ixekizumab
Heard these systemic treatments wreak havoc on your body

>clobetazol
with topical steroids, a lot of it seems to be trial and error. if its not working for you, you can try another. for me, i found that these worked best. they'll likely go by different names in canada

>guttate psoriasis- dovobet gel / calcipotriol
>plaque psoriasis- eucerin cream then dovobet ointment
>face/hairline psoriasis - protopic
>scalp psoriasis- betacap and or t-gel

>cutting gluten
tried it - no noticable effects for me but it could help you if you have celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivity

with diet i just try to keep it varied and healthy while avoiding excessive amounts of dairy products and sugary foods

shame about the lack of sun/ ineligibility for UVB- i found that a vitamin d supplement coincided with an improvement in my skin

>ixekizumab
yeah, i've been extremely wary of systemic treatments in the past but this one is notable for its minimal side effects. seems to have no effect on kidney function

>rxlist.com/taltz-side-effects-drug-center.htm#overview

You should look into Ketosis, the keto diet. reduce them shitty carbs and only eat moderate carbs on weekends and such my dude.

>little brother has all kinds of health issues, primarily from his eyes
>had to take humira to deal with some immune response to his retinas
>throws off his endocrine system and he gets psorasis, primarily on his feet and inside his ears
>there was a risk it would destroy his ear tissue and make him deaf
>his vision is steadily deteriorating, might lose it before he's 40 unless they come up with a permanent treatment

Dude's a fucking trooper, though. The only times he complains are when he has to schedule a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning.

I had it on my neck. Cortisone cream dude. Applied it 3x a day religiously until a month after it was gone, and 2x showers a day. Cured it.

Friendly reminder that Jason Blaha has psoriasis on his head and that is why he shaves it.

He's not bald at all.

Are these oral supplements?

dont have psoriasis but do have severe chronic eczema, greetings fellow skin denizens

I use moisturizer twice a day, always try to shower in freezing cold water and use specialty sensitive skin bodywash, also tea tree shampoo. Never found that anything in diet makes a difference. Wash my clothes with odour free soap etc
are you sure its dandruff, or is it just dry skin? Many people confuse the two and dont realize the "flakes' are just dry skin flaking off. Its made worse by the fact that dandruff shampoo makes dry scalp even worse, and vice versa.

I dated a guy who had this allover his face so don't be insecure OP and i'm a solid 8

This is no joke btw, meditation has an effect on psoriasis. Google it it's legit

That + primarily veg diet.

I am in no way a vegcuck but if you lower your meat substantially you'll have less patches

I usually shower when I get home(20 min drive) But I will start to shower right after the gym. I am applying clobetasol 1x a day as prescribed. Which helps on the neck/jaw line and arms but my shoulder pec area doesnt seem to do much

>he doesn't know that fasting hard or eating keto cures all auto-immune diseases

ITT: Lots of solutions to help alleviate symptoms, no cures
Also ITT: Lots of suffering that needn't continue

What is psoriasis?
>Autoimmune disease

What is the primary organ of the immune system?
>Gut

How do I heal my gut?
>Change to anti-inflammatory diet
>Add probiotics

How do I fix my gut?
>Remove yeast
>Remove parasites

Can my gut be fixed with diet alone?
>No, yeast and parasites will be weakened but not removed

How do I remove yeast and parasites from my gut?
>100% pure gum spirits of turpentine
>Must be 100% pure

100% pure gum spirits of turpentine effectiveness:
>Vs worms = great
>Vs parasites = awesome
>Vs yeast = awesome
>For general digestive health = good when used appropriately

How do I take turpentine?
>For blood: 1 teaspoon + sugar cubes, empty stomach
>Or
>For gut: 1 teaspoon + castor oil, right before eating a meal

Turpentine toxicity:
>(100% pure gum spirits) at (1 teaspoon a day max dose) = not toxic
>5 days on, 2 days off
>Source: me = not dead, candida overgrowth = dead

Where to learn more about turpentine?
>cancerprogram.weebly.com/8-toxic-interference--candida--mold.html

What about cancer, autism, antibiotic use and widespread gut dysbiosis/chronic inflammation?
>((( )))

Save that kid: fixing his gut will remove autoimmune response throughout the body. Test on yourself first if you want.

It pisses me off reading what some posters have put themselves through for such little relief. I'm sorry you all didn't get this information sooner.

i read that coconut oil helps a lot guys , i need all your help. im 18yrold and i hate my dry scalp , i dont know so much english but basically i just want to know what are the best way to cure this. dry scalp is not drandruff but is disgusting

how long did you use this treatment?

how did you know you had candida?

Nigga I had that shit on the underside of my dick.

I stopped drinking ANYTHING besides water. Gave up coffee, alcohol, everything. I cut weight and slimmed down. And finally, I drank like a gallon of water a day and cleaned up my diet too.

I don't get it anywhere besides my finger every now and then. I remember when I had it on my dick I was freaking out that my gf would see. Thank god I got it taken care of. Coconut oil, lotion, etc. does wonders. There is also OTC products you can use with coal tar or whatever that help.

But from what I understand, weight and alcohol are huge triggers for psoriasis. Limit that shit nigga and you're good.

This user is correct.
All of these things help mine. and since i have had a solarium at home that i use occasionally i only now get a bit on my scalp

inb4: Solarium is only UVA (some lamps have some uvb too)

Thanks for this, guys. I just changed my sheets and ordered some turpentine. I don't know if I have candida or other yeasts, or any parasites, but that shit has always worried me. I do have more gas than I'd like, and psoriasis comes and goes on my arms and stomach. Right now I'm clear, but when it comes back I never know what to do other than wait and pray. I have some tea tree oil I use in the shower that helps a bit with the outbreaks, but it's no cure.

i thank my lucky stars that i'm somehow 27 and there's basically nothing wrong with me

Thanks for the info,man...will give it a try
I have a mild to moderate psoriasis on my scalp and small spots on my hands and back.Should I take Turpentine Gum+Castor Oil and if so,should I mix those two together or take seperatly?

I have it in my ass crack and on my head. Extra strength coal tar shampoo seems to be the best thing that gets rid of it for me. Shower with it and leave it on for 3-5min

Had this for years and thought it was a fungal infection. Anyone have any luck with Otezla?

Most obvious signs of candida:
>oral thrush
>psoriasis-like red scales around nose
>toenail infection/discoloration

My protocol:
>3 weeks: 5 days on, 2 days off
>>Heavy herxheimer reaction here
>3 weeks: every other day
>Maintenance: 1-2 times a week
>Eventually: 1 a month

Detox reactions:
>Herxheimer/Detox reaction has to happen
>Yeast/Parasites explode into heavy metals

How to get heavy metals out?
>Activated charcoal helps
>Laxative use helps (constipation = BAD)

100% pure gum spirits of Turpentine + Castor Oil:
>Mix together
>1 teaspoon turpentine + 1 tablespoon castor oil (coconut oil can also be added)
>Eat a meal afterwards

Keep in mind castor oil is a bit of a laxative.

What to expect from detox reaction?
>Lots of fatigue
>Trouble concentrating
>Back pain
>Odd drunkenness (hard to explain)

How to know the parasites and yeast are coming out?
>Look at your stool
>Nastiest shit you'll ever see

check'd
also a guy in my class at school has psoriasis, and he said 80% of it went away when he went on a vegan diet. Would be worth a shot to try out for 15-30 days, see if it works.

I am going to post this and you can take it or leave it but what I am about to tell you has worked for many people.

There is a place in North Port Florida that is called Warm Mineral Springs. It is one of the most highly mineralized bodies of water in the USA and the world. Look it up on the Internets.

I have been before many times and have spoken with people who have come there to bathe in the healing waters. Some were covered in Psoriasis and this water cured them. One lady shows us a picture where her face and arms and legs were just raw. She says she bathed every day in the water there and after a month it all went away. She decided to move to the area and sold her home in NY and moved to North Port Florida. She has been free of Psoriasis ever since.

Can you site any studies on this? You are making some large claims.

>explode into heavy metals

that's because 80% of his body wasted away

Not sure if b8, but the dude's pretty jacked no homo.

i have a layer of skin that builds up behind my ears. It gets scaly, and once I remove it my skin starts leaking a yellowish red substance, kinda like pus. I figured its dermatitis and seen a derm once but never resolved the issue. Anyone familiar?

sounds like seborrhoic dermatitis

let me get this straight:
you drank literal turpentine - what sane people use for removing paint from brushes - and interpreted "the nasties shit you'll ever see", extreme fatigue, trouble concentrating, back pain and "odd drunkenness" as """healing""" (herxheimer).
yeah, it might be that your body is healing. or it might be that you drank turpentine like some autistic 5-year-old.

part of me really wants to believe you, but you must understand how fucking insane your posts come across.

Candida syndrome isn't a real thing.

bump

Combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Usually patients w/ pso are "atopic" meaning their immune system is hyperreactive, they have high levels of IgE antibodies (play a role in allergies and are usually low in non-atopic patients).
On the genetic side there seems to be some defects in genes that produce peoteins of the skin (e.g. fillagrin) and keep it intact and protected to environmental antigens and pathogens. If those proteins are defective, the skin is unable to form a protective barrier, dries out easier and antigens and pathogens are able to penetrate.
Combine this w/ a hyperreactive immune system and you will have chronic inflammation in affected areas b/c the cells of the immune system will be present in the skin much more than in a normal person.

I have and in the worst spot, my foreskin. I like have to make sure after taking a shower not to let the water air dried because that makes the skin dried up.